Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.7]

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:09 pm

Winkle wrote:Have you ever considered adding alt vore methods are will you just stick to the main three?

There is support in the code for alternate types but none of the enemies in the base mod will use them. People can add enemies that use breast/navel/tail etc. when (if) I finish the mod.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.18.0]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:56 pm

0.18.0: Details in the changelog.

A couple of new creatures, the Kraken and Darkbloom, who are apex upgrades of the Giant Squid and the Trapper. The former is restricted to water and the latter only appears in swamps, giving those environments a little more variety. The Darkbloom is also the first immobile predator.

They both use a new pulling mechanic to draw prey in, only using damaging attacks until they successfully grab them. While grabbed, a prey is moved closer to the pred until they get into melee range, after which they are immediately eaten. Prey have a chance to break free by attempting to move, which also damages the predator. These predators have high damage reduction, though, so the best option is to run or attack from a distance!

If you test out the content, please keep me up to date on any bugs involving grammar or the new pulling mechanic. I would love to hear any feedback.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:02 am

Oooh! An update!

Tested with debug spawn, since getting to their native depths was likely to be time-consuming. The new monsters can eat you willingly and unwillingly, so that seems to work.
Minor bug: After defeating a kraken that had grabbed me, I was still grabbed and had to break loose.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xcer12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:22 pm

So, i want to add a predator if possible

Giant Toad

Description:
A humungous carnivorous toad, covered in moss from head to toad. it awaits near the edge of the water and uses its tongue to latch onto his next victim

only oral vore

Unwilling:
Seeing your beaten-up body, the giant toad opens up his maw wide and launch out his long tongue. the edge of it sticks to your weakened body and slowly drags you closer to the awaiting abyss. your futile attempt to crawl away from it proves no match for the strength of his tongue as only in moments the tongue as pulled you into the toothless maw where the toad proceed to gently nom on you before sending you down into his slimy belly.

Willing:
The giant toad watches you curiously as you approach him nonchalantly, being very close to his lips. not one to deny a free meal, the toad open up his maw wide and in a quick motion, he whips out his tongue and stick it onto you and just as fast, the toad pulls it back along with you. your legs still sticking out as the toad gives you a few gentl noms before proceeding to coax you through his gullet and into his stomach
xcer12
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Minor bug: After defeating a kraken that had grabbed me, I was still grabbed and had to break loose.

Thanks for catching that! I changed the grapple mechanics but one place where I forgot to change the code is when grappling creatures die. The correction will be reflected in the next update.

xcer12 wrote:So, i want to add a predator if possible

Sadly, this is a little too similar to the Wollyhop enemy which, while named after a similar creature in Pikmin, is a giant frog in behavior.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:27 pm

I saw on trello that enemies can get distracted if they lose the player. Has that been added in this version.

Also, glad to see a new update!
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:33 pm

invidiasyren wrote:I saw on trello that enemies can get distracted if they lose the player. Has that been added in this version.

It has, but it takes some doing. Enemies are programmed to follow you to the last place they saw you and search for a few turns if they can't see you, so you have to really lose them. Eventually they give up and start wandering again. The easiest way to test it in debug mode is to click the map and teleport away, which will confuse them.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 pm

So I presume that this is unintentional, but I had an allied warlock constantly casting slow on me. It got rather annoying.

Also, is there any way to keep allies friendly to you? I think it could be cool if you could feed them to keep them from trying to eat you.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:06 am

invidiasyren wrote:So I presume that this is unintentional, but I had an allied warlock constantly casting slow on me. It got rather annoying.

Also, is there any way to keep allies friendly to you? I think it could be cool if you could feed them to keep them from trying to eat you.

The warlock bug is, weirdly, in the original code. Even allied warlocks cast Slow on everything in sight as long as it can't be reflected (how do they know???). I've changed it so that they won't cast on friendly players and allied creatures, and will still cast it on enemies.

Allies had a roughly 1 in 500 chance to become hungry each turn, and a 1 in 500 chance after that to turn on you. I thought your idea was good, so I have incorporated it into the next update. Hunger resets when they digest prey, and allies can now be fed rations to keep them happy. As a tradeoff, the base chance to become hungry is now 1 in 400 on Floor 1, increasing as you descend into the dungeon (to a max of 3 in 40 chance).

These changes will be reflected in the next update.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby betacygni » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 pm

I find myself playing this game way more than I reasonably should.

Couple bug reports:

- This release (0.18.0) seems to occasionally throw odd letters into the log window. I don't remember seeing this on previous versions. I have not noticed any correlation with any player actions or events in the game. It usually seems to be a single (random?) character, like "H" or "1" or ")". It does not happen consistently- maybe once or twice per game?

- When inspecting food or a mango in the inventory, it says "You are 38106ngry enough to fully enjoy a ration of food." if you're full, and "You are 37369ngry enough to fully enjoy a ration of food." if you're hungry.

And a feature request: can the preferences be put into a config file, or otherwise remembered between sessions so that I don't have to adjust them every time I start the game?
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:36 am

betacygni wrote:I find myself playing this game way more than I reasonably should.

Couple bug reports:

- This release (0.18.0) seems to occasionally throw odd letters into the log window. I don't remember seeing this on previous versions. I have not noticed any correlation with any player actions or events in the game. It usually seems to be a single (random?) character, like "H" or "1" or ")". It does not happen consistently- maybe once or twice per game?

- When inspecting food or a mango in the inventory, it says "You are 38106ngry enough to fully enjoy a ration of food." if you're full, and "You are 37369ngry enough to fully enjoy a ration of food." if you're hungry.

And a feature request: can the preferences be put into a config file, or otherwise remembered between sessions so that I don't have to adjust them every time I start the game?

I like hearing that you play often! It keeps me motivated.

Thanks for pointing out the message log bugs. It turns out there was a specific situation (a prey passes out inside of a predator you cannot see) where the game expects a message and does not get one. I noticed it occurred most often after something got swallowed "off-screen". The food bug is just a typo. Both are fixed for the next update, which will be released when the Minotaur stops being a pain in the ass to code properly.

The config request requires some file I/O that I have been meaning to try, so I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tyler99 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:01 am

As a lurker for some time I want to leave a thank you for this fantastic game. M/M vore is relatively rare, especially in games and with some different vore types and the option of disposal. I'm always enjoying to play a round and look how far down I can get (or just take the debug mode and go down to my favorite preds like the barbarian, the werewolve and the oni ;) ).
Tyler99
New to the forum

Postby betacygni » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Possible bug- I don't remember the T-Rexaur being invisible...?
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:47 am

0.19.0: Details in the changelog.

I don't usually like to release new creatures alone, but this one had some complicated features. There are also a few bug fixes.

The Minotaur is guaranteed to appear at least once in an area I am calling the Labyrinth (floor 18-22). He should never appear twice in one level, but can appear multiple times in one playthrough. I'm saving something special for floor 20, but the other floors of the Labyrinth will have more humanoid enemies, blocky rooms and corridors, and traps.

This new creature is mainly defined by how he screws with your interface. Shortly after entering a floor with a Minotaur, the player will be unable to see the stairs (but can still use them) or identify equipment (possessed or otherwise). To end this effect (known as Mindfog), you must leave the floor or kill the minotaur. He does not move, but will entrap you with hypnosis on sight, preventing you from moving directly away from him, randomly causing you to drop your equipped items, and having an increased chance to daze you (like the Smiling Orb) the closer you get to him. This powerful effect can actually be removed from the Minotaur by damaging him, with more damaging attacks being more effective (so a staff of lightning works better than a dart). After losing his Hypnosis ability, the Minotaur behaves like a normal enemy. Let me know if any of these abilities don't work as advertised!

The Minotaur is a normal predator (albeit a strong one), so it is entirely possible an apex predator may get to him before you do. However, I intend the Labyrinth to have few to no apex predators once it is done.

Also, as requested by betacygni, your preferences will now automatically save after they are changed! New games will load your most recent set of preferences. However, you will need to reset your preferences with each new download. If you are daring, you can manipulate your preferences manually in the "configPrefs.txt" file.

Edit: You can now use rations to placate hungry allies, and they will be less likely to turn on you if they manage to eat other creatures. However, they get hungrier the deeper they delve into the dungeon.

betacygni wrote:Possible bug- I don't remember the T-Rexaur being invisible...?

It's definitely not supposed to be... it's tough enough as it is! This is weird and I can't reproduce it. Let me know if it happens again in this version.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.19.0]

Postby DigiThing » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 am

And update! POGGERS
Where can we download it? I only see 18 on the front page.
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:37 am

DigiThing wrote:And update! POGGERS
Where can we download it? I only see 18 on the front page.

Same link, but I forgot to update the label. Sorry!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:08 am

Myconid32 wrote:I'm saving something special for floor 20, but the other floors of the Labyrinth will have more humanoid enemies, blocky rooms and corridors, and traps.

I prefer humanoid enemies, so I was wondering what additional enemies you had planned. I know I submitted a few.

Edit: So I did run into a sort of bug, but it's kind of just a result of the way the game is modified. There's a trap room that spawn's caustic gas forever, and if you get knocked out by it, you're just stuck there forever constantly dying, and you can't do anything.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:25 pm

invidiasyren wrote:I prefer humanoid enemies, so I was wondering what additional enemies you had planned. I know I submitted a few.

Edit: So I did run into a sort of bug, but it's kind of just a result of the way the game is modified. There's a trap room that spawn's caustic gas forever, and if you get knocked out by it, you're just stuck there forever constantly dying, and you can't do anything.

I was indeed saving some of the humanoid submissions for this section. Like all submissions, though, I'll probably wait until the main cast is done before placing them.

The poison gas trap is very annoying. If I can't figure out how to modify it by the next update (it's not especially obvious), the poison gas trap room will be temporarily removed from map generation.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jeveasy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 pm

I'm not sure why but the game window opens so large that I can't even click on the menu
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:35 pm

jeveasy wrote:I'm not sure why but the game window opens so large that I can't even click on the menu

Use Page Down or Page Up to change the size of the window.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game