Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.8]

Postby Sif » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:20 am

Spent a little bit checking out the new lines for the alpha wolves and wollyhops, and found a few issues:

1. Alpha wolves' unwilling oral description has a typo. "Thick drool lands on your neck and face second before he lunges downward..." (An "s" will fit fine with no line breaks.)
2. Alpha wolves seem to have an inconsistency in some of their lines. The unwilling oral description says "...barely bulging out his furry frame." Willing oral says "...causing an obscene wobble in the furry globe of his belly." And one of the post vore lines says "wriggling ball-gut" This could just be a case where words are interpreted differently, but I felt it worth pointing out.
3. Alpha wolves' cock vore finishing description says "The pressure squishes your rapidly softening body, and are forced to realize you are..." ("you" will fit with no line breaks.)
4. Despite spawn code 8 having been changed to lions, it still spawns in dire wolves with them. Also, spawned alpha wolves do not come with an accompanying dire wolf.

Haven't spent a lot of time with the latest test build, but that's what I've found.
Sif
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 am

Sif wrote:Spent a little bit checking out the new lines for the alpha wolves and wollyhops, and found a few issues:

1. Alpha wolves' unwilling oral description has a typo. "Thick drool lands on your neck and face second before he lunges downward..." (An "s" will fit fine with no line breaks.)
2. Alpha wolves seem to have an inconsistency in some of their lines. The unwilling oral description says "...barely bulging out his furry frame." Willing oral says "...causing an obscene wobble in the furry globe of his belly." And one of the post vore lines says "wriggling ball-gut" This could just be a case where words are interpreted differently, but I felt it worth pointing out.
3. Alpha wolves' cock vore finishing description says "The pressure squishes your rapidly softening body, and are forced to realize you are..." ("you" will fit with no line breaks.)
4. Despite spawn code 8 having been changed to lions, it still spawns in dire wolves with them. Also, spawned alpha wolves do not come with an accompanying dire wolf.

Haven't spent a lot of time with the latest test build, but that's what I've found.

The content inconsistency is probably the most embarrassing part of this, and the spawn code issue the most confusing (IRL reaction: "Wow, look at that! What the fuck?"). All of these issues have been addressed for the next version. Thanks for checking them out!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Marrickmiddler » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:43 pm

I'd love it if the alpha wolves had slightly differing vore text, but you've already got workload enough it seems
Marrickmiddler
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sif » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31 am

Marrickmiddler wrote:I'd love it if the alpha wolves had slightly differing vore text, but you've already got workload enough it seems

I'm assuming you mean unique lines compared to the dire wolves? Which version are you using? In the current test build ( 0.15.8 ) they have their own set of vore texts, and it's not as buggy as you might think. In fact it fixes a number of bugs 0.14.0 still has and includes additional extended vore descriptions. It's also better for any bug reports to come from the latest version.
Sif
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.9]

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:00 pm

0.15.9: Details in the changelog.

This is mostly fixes to the bugs and typos mentioned since the last update, but also includes updated text for the Werewolf. The style for it is mostly kept intact from the original submission, but I included some new stuff in the ending texts. BigFurry7, let me know if you take issue with this and we can rework him.

Thanks to everyone who has continued to help me test this mess! I <3 u.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genocidalavian » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Just thought I'd let you know that version 15.9, and before, version 15.8 were throwing up warnings in avast for malware, including pinging off the behavior detection.
It's probably a false positive, but might want to check the files anyway, just in case.
genocidalavian
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:29 am

genocidalavian wrote:Just thought I'd let you know that version 15.9, and before, version 15.8 were throwing up warnings in avast for malware, including pinging off the behavior detection.
It's probably a false positive, but might want to check the files anyway, just in case.

I did a scan on the specific folders and the computer in general and didn't discover anything questionable. ! can't guarantee that it's simply a false positive but I'd like to think so, and I'm hoping that the download is malware-free.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ekadragon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:50 am

Myconid32 wrote:
genocidalavian wrote:Just thought I'd let you know that version 15.9, and before, version 15.8 were throwing up warnings in avast for malware, including pinging off the behavior detection.

I did a scan on the specific folders and the computer in general and didn't discover anything questionable. ! can't guarantee that it's simply a false positive but I'd like to think so, and I'm hoping that the download is malware-free.

As far as I know, using Kaspersky, it didn't bring up any malware issues... and Kaspersky is usually really solid on finding malware (rootkit attackers like Yahoo! Powered though, not so much)
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby SynxTheLynx » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:11 am

Myconid32 wrote:

VirusTotal is your friend: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/9fcd5 ... /detection

Remember there are false positives. Far as I'm concerned this is in the clear.
SynxTheLynx
Been posting for a bit

Postby KingKabal777 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 pm

If you're in doubt, either do what someone who has technical skill in security does, or don't download at all:

Only download it and/or allow it if you trust the file source. It's up to you. I'm not going to release any of my
technical skill on security and such due to standards and to keep my intentions good and not bad. But if you'd
want to know more on security, feel free to contact me or Eka, they might have more info.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:07 pm

BTW, I discovered something latest version:

For any version, using the release charm when you have a ally around that's alive or swallowed will crash the game, no matter who that ally is. Tested it on a bandit and the game crashes (same goes with Clone (@ symbol) character).
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:25 am

KingKabal777 wrote:For any version, using the release charm when you have a ally around that's alive or swallowed will crash the game, no matter who that ally is. Tested it on a bandit and the game crashes (same goes with Clone (@ symbol) character).

I can't reproduce this at all. I've used the charm of release with an ally in all sorts of situations (swallowed, active, hostile but then recruited, multiple allies swallowed) and it destroys them along with everything else without crashing. Can anyone confirm this?
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:48 am

Myconid32 wrote:
KingKabal777 wrote:For any version, using the release charm when you have a ally around that's alive or swallowed will crash the game, no matter who that ally is. Tested it on a bandit and the game crashes (same goes with Clone (@ symbol) character).

I can't reproduce this at all. I've used the charm of release with an ally in all sorts of situations (swallowed, active, hostile but then recruited, multiple allies swallowed) and it destroys them along with everything else without crashing. Can anyone confirm this?

I'll do a seed analysis test...

I'm actually thinking if you do multiple new games, the crash may occur from there due to a desync?

Seed ID: 153617972

How it seems to be done after multiple restarts:

Activate ring of clairvoyance.

Use staff of lightning, kill gecko before the wolf swallows bandit, free bandit. Release charm doesn't crash game unless it's been used
multiple times after going through certain levels.

It works in most scenarios, it crashed when I used the release charm after the rainbow slime swallowed a bandit while ring of clairvoyance
was active.

I'm only making this claim because it seem to require multiple instances of such use on the charm
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Alright, so I found one issue with using the Charm of Release while an ally is swallowed. For some odd reason, I could only reproduce it when the ally and the player had a telepathic bond, though it seems as though it should be an issue even before that point. When the Charm of Release kills a predator, it would release its prey; however, since the prey is also dead, the script to place it in the spot the predator once occupied gets confused and shuts down.

I've updated the release, and administrative deaths (such as those caused by the Charm of Release) will no longer release the prey. The Charm of Bursting, despite being a debug tool, will still kill predators normally.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PurpleDood » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi! I've been playing this game for a while and I enjoy it a lot. I recently also tried out the original Brogue (Farthest I got was depth 11 where a Vampire ended my run). Anyway, I just thought I'd reply to offer a few suggestions for Vrogue. Many are actually non-vore related, however.

It seems that a lot of things from Brogue are missing from Vrogue, I assume because you started editing the Brogue source in a much earlier version? Anyway, the addition of more weapon types would certainly be cool. For example, when I played Brogue, Whips were among the weapons that were in the game, and I found them to be really fun to use, as well as Staves of Conjuring, which, for anyone not familiar with the original game, summons a bunch of spectral swords to fight on your behalf, temporarily.

The rainbow slimes seem to be somewhat unbalanced since the update that made armor fall apart from being digested too much. Often times my runs are cut short by a rainbow slime that successfully swallows me in the first turn of combat, and it just immediately screws you over.

I also wanna mention that the endgame is boring at best, and unbearable at worst. The constant onslaught of slimes on floors 25-26 is dreadful. Constantly being stopped to be paralyzed, confused, or slowed is just not fun. I get that it adds a level of difficulty to the end game, but usually by then I have a weapon that can easily take out the monsters in 1-2 hits, and it just feels cheap to be spammed by status-inflicting slimes. I'm not saying that the last floors should be made easier, I just think that the means of difficulty should be changed. I like the addition of Wyverns, since they fight the slimes and gives them something else to do.

Lastly, I wanted to ask, what purpose does floor 30 serve? I tried using a scroll of summon monsters to see if anything would happen, but for now it seems as if nothing is down there but lumenstones.

Anyway, keep up the good work on this mod! I've admittedly sunk a lot of hours into this, and I always check this site specifically to see if you've posted or updated.
PurpleDood
New to the forum

Postby KingKabal777 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:54 am

Floor 30 does nothing right now, later on it will.

I've used it to debug a issue with Wand of Plenty and tested player vore moves with the clone (@). Yet no crashes there yet, except for the one above I mentioned involving administrative deaths.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:18 am

PurpleDood wrote:It seems that a lot of things from Brogue are missing from Vrogue, I assume because you started editing the Brogue source in a much earlier version? Anyway, the addition of more weapon types would certainly be cool. For example, when I played Brogue, Whips were among the weapons that were in the game, and I found them to be really fun to use, as well as Staves of Conjuring, which, for anyone not familiar with the original game, summons a bunch of spectral swords to fight on your behalf, temporarily.

I remember removing the Staff of Conjuring specifically because the spectral swords count as monsters, and having Brogue's old monsters alongside my new ones would crash the game. I would like to reintroduce the swords, and thus the staff, into the game once I finish the other monsters. I've never seen the whips, but you are correct in that I'm using an older version of Brogue; I've changed so many things that updating a newer version with vore would be unreasonably complicated.

PurpleDood wrote:The rainbow slimes seem to be somewhat unbalanced since the update that made armor fall apart from being digested too much. Often times my runs are cut short by a rainbow slime that successfully swallows me in the first turn of combat, and it just immediately screws you over.

I wanted them to be somewhat dangerous- more of an obstacle to be avoided than something to be directly fought. However, I'll consider reducing its swallow chance.

PurpleDood wrote:I also wanna mention that the endgame is boring at best, and unbearable at worst. The constant onslaught of slimes on floors 25-26 is dreadful. Constantly being stopped to be paralyzed, confused, or slowed is just not fun. I get that it adds a level of difficulty to the end game, but usually by then I have a weapon that can easily take out the monsters in 1-2 hits, and it just feels cheap to be spammed by status-inflicting slimes. I'm not saying that the last floors should be made easier, I just think that the means of difficulty should be changed. I like the addition of Wyverns, since they fight the slimes and gives them something else to do.

Keep in mind that this is an alpha; there is no endgame yet. The slime trio is supposed to be a rare spawn on those levels, and the only reason they appear exclusively is because the more common spawns for those floors have not been written in yet. The Wyvern is the first of the new enemies that will be programmed to appear in those areas, and there are many more to come. Unfortunately work is slow due to real life issues, including my tendency towards sickness/injury, and I've been slowed down by the update to vore texts for existing enemies.
PurpleDood wrote:Lastly, I wanted to ask, what purpose does floor 30 serve? I tried using a scroll of summon monsters to see if anything would happen, but for now it seems as if nothing is down there but lumenstones.

I intentionally cleared out floor 30 for use as a final boss arena of sorts (hence the flavor text when you enter). The idea is that the player has the choice of returning to the surface with the amulet on floor 26 or heading deeper down to confront the boss. However, for the same reasons as above, this has not yet been implemented.
Last edited by Myconid32 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:15 am

One issue I suddenly keep noticing, using the potion of telepathy keeps crashing the game in debug without the use of any monster spawn after several turns to a little bit in certain seeds without using the random option. Is there any way you can correct this matter? I had a work around of throwing the potion and then walking around and engaging without the monster spawn and it seems like there are some conflicts between the geckos and troggs as well, which might also have another crash issue.

Will administrative deaths correct that issue? The potion of telepathy is the problem that causes the crash as well. When it comes to when the player is eaten, sometimes there's a @ graphic at a granite wall that cannot be reached without the use of debug mode as well that happens.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xmarkx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 pm

I am liking this game and I really hope you see it to completion. Just some advice, I suggest that you backup your files on this game such as source, text, anything really on some online cloud like google. Too many times have I seen great game development come to an abrupt because of a memory breakdown.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:24 am

xmarkx wrote:I am liking this game and I really hope you see it to completion. Just some advice, I suggest that you backup your files on this game such as source, text, anything really on some online cloud like google. Too many times have I seen great game development come to an abrupt because of a memory breakdown.

Yeah, sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I'm having trouble finding time to work. On the bright side, everything is routinely backed up and at least one person has a link to the source so that he can release it in case I die before finishing. So at least there's that.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game