Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.6]

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I noticed a couple of predators being rewritten and finished on the Trello. Is there a goal you were planning on reaching before the next beta?

It will take a while and it may not be particularly wise, but I was planning to just finish all of the existing creatures and release them at once.

I mean that is a lot of work. You did release updates with one or two rewritten enemies a couple of times so you could always just spread it out more and put a update out when there's like 6-8 new ones instead to give folks a chance to find any possible problems that might need to be fixed along the way.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.6]

Postby KingKabal777 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Myconid32 wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I noticed a couple of predators being rewritten and finished on the Trello. Is there a goal you were planning on reaching before the next beta?

It will take a while and it may not be particularly wise, but I was planning to just finish all of the existing creatures and release them at once.

I mean that is a lot of work. You did release updates with one or two rewritten enemies a couple of times so you could always just spread it out more and put a update out when there's like 6-8 new ones instead to give folks a chance to find any possible problems that might need to be fixed along the way.

Currently testing for any other crashes, haven't found any but here's the only issues I have submitted and already had Myconid32 fix:

Wand of Empowerment grants new skills. If too many are given, the game risks crashing. The new skills are not ever granted after the fix, but
the wand can grant more powerful strength. (already fixed, reworked to where it only increases amount of hits required to take to defeat you)

Wand of Plenty at certain angles can clone copies of you if they bounce on you (this is hard to do, but not sure if it can be fixed, only way to fix
is to code the whole thing and remove the wand of plenty) (Tested via debug on level 30, and certain seeds). Only positive thing about it is that
it reduces enemy health in process.

Note: I haven't confirmed this with Staff of Healing yet as well, if this happens as well, the developer can remove it as well to make the game
more challenging.

Wand of Polymorph needs to change beings, or it's useless. Either should be removed or can be thrown on switches.

Scroll of summon monsters on random choice (Shift+R) doesn't do anything, just summons rats and troggs. In other debugs, ie: direwolfdebug for
example, it does nothing, won't summon rats, won't summon troggs, won't even summon dire wolves or alpha ones.

A weapon of plenty risks crashing the game if attacking Apex predators at high health.

Also a issue, if you save the bandit before it gets digested and it has a stolen item, you don't get the item back. Not sure if you need to use staff of firebolt
to get it back, but you probably don't, need to reconfirm this.

+30 ring of awareness in debug doesn't seem to do anything as much as I think.

Wyvern dialog is currently being reworked if he says he's working on it, but I'd suggest to wait for anything further, since there's no knowing what's to offer. I
like the willing and unwilling AV dialog before death, but the death dialog shouldn't be the same as the warlock. Would be looking to wait on this update personally
since I'd like to see more for the wyvern and apex beings.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.7]

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:04 am

0.15.7: Details in the changelog.

So on the advice of some of you testers, I released this one early. Only a few creatures have had their texts extended, but I have implemented a few fixes to text and nested vore and also introduced a couple of new debug tools.

The first and hopefully most useful of these tools is Enemy Spawn, which allows you to spawn enemy hordes at will while in Debug Mode. This should make the old enemy-specific builds obsolete and make it much easier to test specific enemy behaviors and text accuracy. The second is the Charm of Release, which clears a level of enemies in order to give you breathing room for testing. Combined with the existing Ring of Indigestion, Ring of Clairvoyance, and Charm of Bursting, these tools should make it much easier to control the outcome of vore scenarios for testing (or "testing").

Sorry for the slow work, guys. I'll try not to keep too many years between now and the next update.

KingKabal777 wrote:Wand of Empowerment grants new skills. If too many are given, the game risks crashing. The new skills are not ever granted after the fix, but
the wand can grant more powerful strength. (already fixed, reworked to where it only increases amount of hits required to take to defeat you)

Wand of Plenty at certain angles can clone copies of you if they bounce on you (this is hard to do, but not sure if it can be fixed, only way to fix
is to code the whole thing and remove the wand of plenty) (Tested via debug on level 30, and certain seeds). Only positive thing about it is that

Note: I haven't confirmed this with Staff of Healing yet as well, if this happens as well, the developer can remove it as well to make the game
more challenging.

A weapon of plenty risks crashing the game if attacking Apex predators at high health.

Not sure about these, but I'll take a look for next update.

KingKabal777 wrote:Wand of Polymorph needs to change beings, or it's useless. Either should be removed or can be thrown on switches.

Scroll of summon monsters on random choice (Shift+R) doesn't do anything, just summons rats and troggs. In other debugs, ie: direwolfdebug for
example, it does nothing, won't summon rats, won't summon troggs, won't even summon dire wolves or alpha ones.

I'm purposefully leaving these alone until the enemy list is complete, to avoid complications with adding new enemies.

KingKabal777 wrote:Also a issue, if you save the bandit before it gets digested and it has a stolen item, you don't get the item back. Not sure if you need to use staff of firebolt

Fact: Bandits and Imps are greedy, ungrateful bitches even if you save them. Even if you gain one as an ally, you'll have to pry (or prey) stolen items from their cold, dead hands.

KingKabal777 wrote:+30 ring of awareness in debug doesn't seem to do anything as much as I think.

Awareness is distinct from clairvoyance in that it increases your ability to notice secret doors and hidden enemies using the Search option rather than simply revealing the map. Clairvoyance ALMOST renders it obsolete, but it remains useful for testing situations in which the player has non-magical awareness.

KingKabal777 wrote:Wyvern dialog is currently being reworked if he says he's working on it, but I'd suggest to wait for anything further, since there's no knowing what's to offer. I
like the willing and unwilling AV dialog before death, but the death dialog shouldn't be the same as the warlock. Would be looking to wait on this update personally

Any creatures not mentioned in the changelog have broken text.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hivelord » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:55 am

Myconid32 wrote:0.15.7: Details in the changelog.

So on the advice of some of you testers, I released this one early. Only a few creatures have had their texts extended, but I have implemented a few fixes to text and nested vore and also introduced a couple of new debug tools.

The first and hopefully most useful of these tools is Enemy Spawn, which allows you to spawn enemy hordes at will while in Debug Mode. This should make the old enemy-specific builds obsolete and make it much easier to test specific enemy behaviors and text accuracy. The second is the Charm of Release, which clears a level of enemies in order to give you breathing room for testing. Combined with the existing Ring of Indigestion, Ring of Clairvoyance, and Charm of Bursting, these tools should make it much easier to control the outcome of vore scenarios for testing (or "testing").

Sorry for the slow work, guys. I'll try not to keep too many years between now and the next update.

KingKabal777 wrote:Wand of Empowerment grants new skills. If too many are given, the game risks crashing. The new skills are not ever granted after the fix, but

more challenging.

Not sure about these, but I'll take a look for next update.

KingKabal777 wrote:Wand of Polymorph needs to change beings, or it's useless. Either should be removed or can be thrown on switches.

I'm purposefully leaving these alone until the enemy list is complete, to avoid complications with adding new enemies.

KingKabal777 wrote:Also a issue, if you save the bandit before it gets digested and it has a stolen item, you don't get the item back. Not sure if you need to use staff of firebolt

Fact: Bandits and Imps are greedy, ungrateful bitches even if you save them. Even if you gain one as an ally, you'll have to pry (or prey) stolen items from their cold, dead hands.

KingKabal777 wrote:+30 ring of awareness in debug doesn't seem to do anything as much as I think.

Awareness is distinct from clairvoyance in that it increases your ability to notice secret doors and hidden enemies using the Search option rather than simply revealing the map. Clairvoyance ALMOST renders it obsolete, but it remains useful for testing situations in which the player has non-magical awareness.

KingKabal777 wrote:Wyvern dialog is currently being reworked if he says he's working on it, but I'd suggest to wait for anything further, since there's no knowing what's to offer. I

Any creatures not mentioned in the changelog have broken text.

Where exactly is the enemy spawner located? I can't find it anywhere.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Hivelord wrote:Where exactly is the enemy spawner located? I can't find it anywhere.

As noted in the changelog, Enemy Spawn is a command, not an object. Start a game in debug.exe and follow the instructions in changelog.txt.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DraconicsInc » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 am

There seems to be a bug related to water. Repeatedly entering and leaving the water is very likely to crash the game. The chance seems to get higher the more area you have uncovered. The ring of clairvoyance in the debug version thus makes it notoriously easy to reproduce.

Reproducible on both, normal and debug version. You don't need any enemies on the floor to trigger it.
DraconicsInc
Somewhat familiar

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:44 pm

DraconicsInc wrote:There seems to be a bug related to water. Repeatedly entering and leaving the water is very likely to crash the game. The chance seems to get higher the more area you have uncovered. The ring of clairvoyance in the debug version thus makes it notoriously easy to reproduce.

Reproducible on both, normal and debug version. You don't need any enemies on the floor to trigger it.

That seems to be why the game is crashing for me as well. Plus also forgot, sometimes you'll see a @ symbol that can
be created through the enemy ID summon sometimes, don't know how it's reproduced, but the game crashes if the symbol
is duplicated that way or created at anytime in debug. Charm of bursting is glitched as if you're swallowed by a predator that
is engaged in combat to another one, once you use it, you end up in the other predator instead.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 am

0.15.8: Details in the changelog.

This is a minor update with some immediate fixes. There is one expanded enemy text, though, and I improved Enemy Spawn to be less confusing. I also used it to address some issues affecting allies. Hopefully Enemy Spawn continues to be useful for debugging specific encounters.

DraconicsInc wrote:There seems to be a bug related to water. Repeatedly entering and leaving the water is very likely to crash the game. The chance seems to get higher the more area you have uncovered. The ring of clairvoyance in the debug version thus makes it notoriously easy to reproduce.

I fixed AN issue related to this. Unfortunately it was caused by enemy interactions, so I'm troubled by your comment that you don't need enemies on the floor to trigger it. Let me know if you end up triggering this bug again; I wasn't able to reproduce it after fixing the main issue. Thanks for picking up on it!
KingKabal777 wrote:Plus also forgot, sometimes you'll see a @ symbol that can
be created through the enemy ID summon sometimes, don't know how it's reproduced, but the game crashes if the symbol
is duplicated that way or created at anytime in debug.

Fixed! This was related to an issue that eventually led to me streamlining the Enemy Spawn. Thanks!
KingKabal777 wrote:Charm of bursting is glitched as if you're swallowed by a predator that
is engaged in combat to another one, once you use it, you end up in the other predator instead.

I wasn't able to reproduce this at all. Can anyone verify it?
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:54 am

Myconid32 wrote:0.15.8: Details in the changelog.

This is a minor update with some immediate fixes. There is one expanded enemy text, though, and I improved Enemy Spawn to be less confusing. I also used it to address some issues affecting allies. Hopefully Enemy Spawn continues to be useful for debugging specific encounters.

I fixed AN issue related to this. Unfortunately it was caused by enemy interactions, so I'm troubled by your comment that you don't need enemies on the floor to trigger it. Let me know if you end up triggering this bug again; I wasn't able to reproduce it after fixing the main issue. Thanks for picking up on it!
KingKabal777 wrote:Plus also forgot, sometimes you'll see a @ symbol that can
is duplicated that way or created at anytime in debug.

Fixed! This was related to an issue that eventually led to me streamlining the Enemy Spawn. Thanks!
KingKabal777 wrote:Charm of bursting is glitched as if you're swallowed by a predator that

I wasn't able to reproduce this at all. Can anyone verify it?

I forgot a couple things:

Charm of bursting requires you to be eaten by a non-apex predator, and you need to be at low health. The Apex predator will have to swallow you successfully to trigger
this glitch. Using the charm will drop you to 5%, but it can stay at 5% if you have ring of indigestion equipped. Removing that seems to correct the issue and completes
digestion.

I discovered a bug in certain specific preds at depth one. Using enemy spawn to create any apex pred (Cyclops as example), and then creating another predator to combat
it while you're not corrupted crashes the game at certain points. Plus side to note, IF you free the predator as well before getting to depth 12 from a apex predator, it will also crash the game and force close.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.8]

Postby InvalidResponse » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:33 am

I'm using the test build right now and so far I'm observing that the game crashes whenever I kill a predator that has a bandit inside it.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby betacygni » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 pm

I don't think the "spawning a copy of you" bug was fixed. I'm using 15.8:

https://i.gyazo.com/15bdaa4915b355744b0 ... 8f3391.png
(linking to image because it's huge)
This was in random mode, and I wasn't cheating or using the debug version. That said, it didn't crash the game and "the you" ended up getting eaten and digested with no problems.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby KingKabal777 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:59 pm

betacygni wrote:I don't think the "spawning a copy of you" bug was fixed. I'm using 15.8:

https://i.gyazo.com/15bdaa4915b355744b0 ... 8f3391.png
(linking to image because it's huge)
This was in random mode, and I wasn't cheating or using the debug version. That said, it didn't crash the game and "the you" ended up getting eaten and digested with no problems.

Yea, the game has a lot of bugs. In very few seeds, debug or not, you can use wand of plenty to duplicate yourself and have that appear, but only at the right angle. The bolt
should not apply to you if you get hit with that bolt should you shoot it at a crystal either, which explains why I'm requesting correction of this matter and personally to avoid risks of crashes.

Note: Wand of empowerment dialog shows "can learn a new skill", after empowering enemy or ally, but cannot learn skill. Remove this dialog when viewing stats?

Currently testing seed number: 152314864

Results:

Wand of empowerment, when viewing stats, increases power, but shows in dialog that enemy or ally is ready to learn a new skill. This doesn't apply to the Clone
that is supposedly only made available via wand of plenty.

Wand of plenty works in cloning a copy of "you", it requires specific patterns of where you must be in order for it to work, a screenshot is shown to reference
what I mean. On other hands, the actual real copy should say "Clone" and NOT you. Attempting to eat it the first time does not crash the game, the second time, nothing,
and the third time, nothing. Pretty much succeeding in cloning yourself and devouring it grants you the opportunity to heal yourself.

Using the release charm to kill a clone of you (Clone as the name), HOWEVER, will CRASH THE GAME. What a discovery!

So comparing the screenshot mentioned earlier that I saw is not the same.

There's supposed to arguably be one "You" available in game theologically. Getting the wand of plenty to clone "You" will only show Clone as the name instead of a "You".
Attachments
screenshot002.png
The screenshot of what I've generally discovered at first isn't the same as the user above mentioned, so I don't know how that "You" appears, when it's possible to make a "Clone" appear. Seems to not make any theological sense.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby betacygni » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Yeah the bug happened for me literally the instant I started a new game- I took no actions except moving to see them.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:I'm using the test build right now and so far I'm observing that the game crashes whenever I kill a predator that has a bandit inside it.

For some odd reason, the game would try to refresh the map after a predator died but before the prey was added back into the game. This causes the game to interpret that space as simultaneously having and not having a monster, and consequently freak out. This has been fixed: prey will be added back onto the map before the refresh occurs.
betacygni wrote:I don't think the "spawning a copy of you" bug was fixed. I'm using 15.8:

My bad! The player ("You") is in the spawn list as a placeholder, and I thought it couldn't spawn because that ID is usually ignored by the code. However, I forgot that random spawns will occasionally use that ID, hence the appearance of another "you". This has been fixed for the next update. Thanks! Can we confirm that this only happens in Random Mode? I can't reproduce it in normal mode and I can't imagine why it would happen there.

I don't think this is a glitch. If the predators were fighting each other, it's likely that one of them was an apex pred who swallowed your predator. If you burst out of a predator who has been swallowed, you end up in the apex predator. This is by design; the charm of bursting only kills one predator at a time.

KingKabal777 wrote:Charm of bursting requires you to be eaten by a non-apex predator, and you need to be at low health. The Apex predator will have to swallow you successfully to trigger
this glitch. Using the charm will drop you to 5%, but it can stay at 5% if you have ring of indigestion equipped. Removing that seems to correct the issue and completes
digestion.

I wasn't able to reproduce this but I also don't think it's a glitch. Are you sure the damage wasn't normal digestion damage from the apex predator?

KingKabal777 wrote:I discovered a bug in certain specific preds at depth one. Using enemy spawn to create any apex pred (Cyclops as example), and then creating another predator to combat it while you're not corrupted crashes the game at certain points. Plus side to note, IF you free the predator as well before getting to depth 12 from a apex predator, it will also crash the game and force close.

For the past few days I've been overhauling the way characters are represented on the map grid during vore. I took some stupid shortcuts when I first implemented and it started biting me in the ass, so I'm changing it to something more sensible. I suspect this issue is related and I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Update: Fixed it! I accidentally left in a line of code that prevented apex preds from inheriting the prey of predators they digest; ie. if pred B eats prey C, then gets eaten by apex A, wonky things happen if B dies because C recognizes A as its new pred but A does not recognize C as its prey. I'll release the bug fixes alongside at least one new text extension in version 0.15.9.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise, but I'm getting a lot of random crashes in the test build, but I don't know what causes them. They're all happening during combat. Is there any way to add a crash report that records what happens when the program crash's so I can send it to you?
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby InvalidResponse » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise, but I'm getting a lot of random crashes in the test build, but I don't know what causes them. They're all happening during combat. Is there any way to add a crash report that records what happens when the program crash's so I can send it to you?
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby InvalidResponse » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise, but I'm getting a lot of random crashes in the test build, but I don't know what causes them. They're all happening during combat. Is there any way to add a crash report that records what happens when the program crash's so I can send it to you?

Also the game is still crashing whenever I kill a gecko that has a bandit inside him.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:55 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:
InvalidResponse wrote:I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise, but I'm getting a lot of random crashes in the test build, but I don't know what causes them. They're all happening during combat. Is there any way to add a crash report that records what happens when the program crash's so I can send it to you?

Also the game is still crashing whenever I kill a gecko that has a bandit inside him.

The update with bug fixes isn't going to be released until I have some new content to go with it. Most of the bugs reported thus far have been fixed; if you notice the same bugs in 0.15.9, let me know. Also, the original game doesn't have an error-handling feature like the one you describe; the only thing I can do is attempt to reproduce the bug while running my debugger.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wolfkiller24 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 pm

wyvern has no endings it just shows the warlock's endings
wolfkiller24
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 pm

wolfkiller24 wrote:wyvern has no endings it just shows the warlock's endings

It's not finished yet. This was mentioned before.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game