Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.2]

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks for the elaboration, KingKabal777. I'll try to test out these specific methods in-game later and see if I can fix anything.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.2]

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Myconid32 wrote:Thanks for the elaboration, KingKabal777. I'll try to test out these specific methods in-game later and see if I can fix anything.

No problem. BTW, in debug mode, if you see a @ symbol in a granite wall, it's a sign warning you that the game will crash after a set amount of turns. I am not sure if
this is visible without using Ring of Clairvoyance. Ring of awareness does not have any identification on how many turns it will take to reveal secrets nearby.

Note: Pressing Shift+< or Shift+> to where you don't see it might not crash it after a few turns, but it's best to try this method and check to see if you see it again or not. If not, play normally and do not undo the action you previously did, as it'll crash. Sometimes using Shift+< or Shift+> will create the risk of crashes if used to ascend at certain points.

I want to request a idea...

If there's a ring of indigestion to be available, can it also have a cursed form and a non-cursed form? I'll describe it in complex detail if implemented outside of debug
mode, but in debug mode, it should grant immunity to digestion.

Non-cursed ring outside of debug mode:

This ring should be considered of a very low chance to obtain and only by specific random seeds that tend to be complex and should be discoverable only on levels past
26. This ring, if not cursed, should reduce digestion damage taken while being digested instead, while allowing the player to take digestion damage from any predator.

Cursed ring form:

This type should be considered a more destructive counterpart to it, and if cursed, this ring will increase the damage you receive in digestion circumstances and the
ring cannot be removed unless you remove the curse effect and enchant it to a positive damage reduction effect. Enchanting this ring if cursed, will make it removable
and the ring's negative number will decrease the increase in digestion damage. -3 for example means 3 more points of digestion damage, so enchanting it will make it -2 and removable. The positive the number, the less digestion damage the player can receive if digestion.

If OP considers this, OP can make this ring indestructible so it cannot be destroyed, unless thrown in lava or such.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.4]

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Update 0.15.4: Details in the changelog.

I still haven't been able to produce a crash or a failed save even with the information I've been recently given, so I'm going to move on to completing the detailed vore texts and revisit the crashing issue once I have the time. If anyone can consistently replicate a crash, I would appreciate a report.

The mechanical changes in this update are mostly related to things that annoyed me during today's tests. Allies learning new abilities is disabled; as funny as it is, invisible flying laser troggs don't really fit the narrative I had in mind for this mod. Allies can, however, still be empowered to improve their stats.

Also changed was the tendency for enemies you can eat to flee; it seemed to make sense at the time, but when your prey is just as fast or faster than you, it just becomes annoying. The only fleeing enemies are now those that are designed to flee at low health (Giant Rats, Rocs) or when they steal from you (Bandits, Imps).

Finally, the Explore key (X) has been modified such that pressing it while being digested will cause the player to struggle, rather than printing the warning "Not while digesting". You can also use the Explore key to advance past important text, like swallow attempts, that normally require you to click or hit Spacebar. Combined with the Explore key's normal function, this allows you to effectively let the game play itself by holding X. This is mostly useful for testing purposes, when I want to rack up a lot of turns in a hurry.

More to come soon!

P.S. I currently have no plans to include the Ring of Indigestion as anything but a debug item.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 am

Myconid32 wrote:Update 0.15.4: Details in the changelog.

I still haven't been able to produce a crash or a failed save even with the information I've been recently given, so I'm going to move on to completing the detailed vore texts and revisit the crashing issue once I have the time. If anyone can consistently replicate a crash, I would appreciate a report.

The mechanical changes in this update are mostly related to things that annoyed me during today's tests. Allies learning new abilities is disabled; as funny as it is, invisible flying laser troggs don't really fit the narrative I had in mind for this mod. Allies can, however, still be empowered to improve their stats.

Also changed was the tendency for enemies you can eat to flee; it seemed to make sense at the time, but when your prey is just as fast or faster than you, it just becomes annoying. The only fleeing enemies are now those that are designed to flee at low health (Giant Rats, Rocs) or when they steal from you (Bandits, Imps).

Finally, the Explore key (X) has been modified such that pressing it while being digested will cause the player to struggle, rather than printing the warning "Not while digesting". You can also use the Explore key to advance past important text, like swallow attempts, that normally require you to click or hit Spacebar. Combined with the Explore key's normal function, this allows you to effectively let the game play itself by holding X. This is mostly useful for testing purposes, when I want to rack up a lot of turns in a hurry.

More to come soon!

P.S. I currently have no plans to include the Ring of Indigestion as anything but a debug item.

You are on a roll with these updates! As far as crashes I haven't been able to encounter one myself so that's good at least.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 am

So, I've found a pretty fatal flaw with the weapon dropping system where you sometimes drop your weapon when you get nommed. There's a chance that the wandering predator will be standing on your dropped weapon when you break free. If that happens, the weapon will be deleted. I don't know why this happens exactly, but I've had it happen twice, so I'm fairly certain it's true. one solution I can think of is forcing the weapon to be unequipped instead of dropping it.

Another oversight that's much rarer is that if you're eaten by a flying pred that's flying over a ravine and then break out, there's a small chance that you'll land inside of a wall on the floor bellow and be unable to move. That's only happened once to me.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby zenox81 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:46 am

please make change the digestion damage and the swallow chance. In my last few game there was to many moments where my character went from half to dead in two turn while doing no damage and vice versa. there's also been far to many moments where I've been swallowed at full health. Right now with the changes made to the vore mechanics the amount of luck needed to win feels like it just skyrocketed. Also unless I'm misunderstanding the staff of discord it's supposed to make it so that whoever gets hit get attack right? As near the end of my last play through that stopped happening. Also adding on to what the above guy said I lost my sword through a glitch as described above, and then proceed to use my next weapon. After killing 5 monsters it was reveled as a plus 2 sword of confusion, which was the exact sword the got glitch stuck. So my weapon got glitched, and it got cloned, and yes I went back to where I lost my sword and the game still said that it was on the ground. on a plus though no crashes yet.

edit nvm crashed the game on floor 12. For some reason though the save didn't corrupt so I can keep reloading it, but it crashes after a few turns guaranteed.
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Update 0.15.5: Details in the changelog.

Bunch of fixes and tweaks, in addition to a couple of extended enemy texts. This update may be a big download because I've included a bunch of enemy-specific test builds, in case people want to check my spelling and grammar and text structure (or, you know, fap).

Of particular note is the Serpent, who has a serpentTest and a serpentDebug exe all to himself. This is because his behavior has changed from a generally stealthy, hit-and-run type enemy to one particularly designed to surprise players who hide in or move through foliage. The details on his planned behavior are included, so any bug reports for him would be greatly appreciated.

I've also reduced the chance for predators to swallow you at high health, and reduced the accuracy for predators that swallow by default, since being swallowed is now more of a death sentence. The chance to be swallowed still shoots up to 50% if you're wearing no armor, though, so make sure you're not nekkid.

Thanks again for the help!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:08 am

Myconid32 wrote:Update 0.15.5: Details in the changelog.

Bunch of fixes and tweaks, in addition to a couple of extended enemy texts. This update may be a big download because I've included a bunch of enemy-specific test builds, in case people want to check my spelling and grammar and text structure (or, you know, fap).

Of particular note is the Serpent, who has a serpentTest and a serpentDebug exe all to himself. This is because his behavior has changed from a generally stealthy, hit-and-run type enemy to one particularly designed to surprise players who hide in or move through foliage. The details on his planned behavior are included, so any bug reports for him would be greatly appreciated.

I've also reduced the chance for predators to swallow you at high health, and reduced the accuracy for predators that swallow by default, since being swallowed is now more of a death sentence. The chance to be swallowed still shoots up to 50% if you're wearing no armor, though, so make sure you're not nekkid.

Thanks again for the help!
Did you put any sort of fix to the issue I brought up about your dropped weapons being deleted? It's kind of a big problem.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:09 am

InvalidResponse wrote:
Did you put any sort of fix to the issue I brought up about your dropped weapons being deleted? It's kind of a big problem.

It's in the changelog, so I at least thought I fixed it. Why, is it still happening?
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:26 am

Myconid32 wrote:
InvalidResponse wrote:

It's in the changelog, so I at least thought I fixed it. Why, is it still happening?
So far, no. c:
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:47 am

InvalidResponse wrote:So far, no. c:

I didn't want to go into too much detail, but basically the problem was that, when you free yourself, the game kills the monster and then updates the tile with a flag that says "The Player Is Here", which accidentally overwrites any previous flags such as "An Item Is Here." So actually, this problem existed since the beginning but no one noticed it until I implemented the weapon dropping (I was able to test it by waiting for the predator to walk over a potion before killing it). Now the game adds the player flag along with the item flag instead of replacing it, so that shouldn't happen anymore.

Long story short for anyone who codes, I used "&=" instead of "|=" by accident.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.5]

Postby zenox81 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:00 pm

well for me it keeps consistently crashing on floor 12 only a few turns after I get there. same floor where you get to vore enemies to. Maybe the crash has something to do with that?
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:40 pm

zenox81 wrote:well for me it keeps consistently crashing on floor 12 only a few turns after I get there. same floor where you get to vore enemies to. Maybe the crash has something to do with that?

If you're using different seeds, it definitely might be, and I can take a closer look at it.

If you're still using the same seed, though, it might be something else on that particular seed's floor 12. Without being able to get the seed/save through my debugger, I won't be able to ID the problem.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zenox81 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:50 am

It's a different seed everytime. The only consistent thing that I've noticed is reaching floor 12 then crash 15-20 turns later(roghy)
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jadex » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:58 am

hey i did run into this one problem on one of my runs were i fell down the chasm and got stuck behind the bedrock so i had to restart so that sucked but anyway it would be nice if you could introduce fullscreen to this game the way it is now it kinda seeps under my taskbar and is kinda annoying ya know so ya thats about it have a good days
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:13 pm

0.15.6: Details in the changelog.

I rushed this one even though I only extended one vore text because I found a bug here enemies digesting each other would crash the game. Unfortunately this was a result of something recent that I did, so the mysterious crashing bug we've been dealing with for years still eludes me.

The bug regarding falling into blocked spaces confuses me, given that there is already a function specifically designed to find safe places for you to fall and I have had nothing to do with it since I started working on the mod. I'm inclined to think that it's a bug in the original game, but I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Re: fullscreen, I don't intend to do too much messing around with the game's window coding. However, you can reduce the size of the window using the PageDown key.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby silverspec » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:52 am

Myconid32 wrote:0.15.6: Details in the changelog.

I rushed this one even though I only extended one vore text because I found a bug here enemies digesting each other would crash the game. Unfortunately this was a result of something recent that I did, so the mysterious crashing bug we've been dealing with for years still eludes me.

The bug regarding falling into blocked spaces confuses me, given that there is already a function specifically designed to find safe places for you to fall and I have had nothing to do with it since I started working on the mod. I'm inclined to think that it's a bug in the original game, but I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Re: fullscreen, I don't intend to do too much messing around with the game's window coding. However, you can reduce the size of the window using the PageDown key.

Pagedown? Whoa, thanks a bunch. I had to run this game forced at 640x480 cuz it would open at ridiculous resolutions. ^^;
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.6]

Postby betacygni » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Just wanted to say that I really love the extended texts- they add a ton of personality to the predators and do a lot to stave off the feeling of "oh, I've seen this before". Amazing what four more lines can do!
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 pm

So uh, got pretty deep. Neatly decked out. Start going far as I ever have, secret doors start becoming a mandatory thing, eh, fine-ish. I don't really want to have to keep scouring the whole place just to progress.

Then I find this place.

I've mashed the s key to search for any hidden doors. I've tried autopilot, auto-explore, nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even a pitfall! A tad frustrating. Thus, I'm forced to simply load up other files to go for the vore. Is this intentional because it's not finished or?
Attachments
wat do.png
Krieg
Participator

Postby Benevorlent » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Krieg wrote:So uh, got pretty deep. Neatly decked out. Start going far as I ever have, secret doors start becoming a mandatory thing, eh, fine-ish. I don't really want to have to keep scouring the whole place just to progress.

Then I find this place.

I've mashed the s key to search for any hidden doors. I've tried autopilot, auto-explore, nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even a pitfall! A tad frustrating. Thus, I'm forced to simply load up other files to go for the vore. Is this intentional because it's not finished or?

Depth 30 is the lowest the dungeon goes, and you get the ability to vore prey at depth 12, and I think preds at depth 24, maybe 20.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game