Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.16.0]

Postby Jadex » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:01 am

I actually really like the ASCII style but if you wanna switch out for sprites and such go ahead it's up to you
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:38 am

Deioth wrote:Apparent bugs:

Almost every melee attack appears to catch everyone unaware, even when they are aware, even enemies attacking the player.

Enemies also no longer seem to attack, they just suddenly make a vore attempt seemingly at random and it always hits.

Oops. Update tomorrow night.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lapraslunch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:42 am

I'm glad to see that this is still being worked on~ Especially considering it still is one of my favorite games on this site~ :D

However.. I have a MASSIVE issue with the current version..
Spoiler: show
error1.png

That screenshot is of my entire screen. Even with menu bar on the bottom of the screen hidden I still can't see the bottom portion of the window.. Is there any way to resize it so that it fits a bit better?

Edit: Nevermind.. I found a way to fix this on my own. ^^; Just had to adjust a few settings. Apparently windows 10 has no idea what a reasonable size for these kinds of windows are.. ^^;
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:46 am

The Page Up and Page Down keys will also respectively increase and decrease the size of your window.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jeveasy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Jadex wrote:I actually really like the ASCII style but if you wanna switch out for sprites and such go ahead it's up to you

Yeah, I also prefer the ASCII style, but perhaps it can be implemented in a way that allows switching, or even a way for the user to add their own sprites to be used instead.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby jeveasy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:48 pm

jeveasy wrote:
Yeah, I also prefer the ASCII style, but perhaps it can be implemented in a way that allows switching, or even a way for the user to add their own sprites to be used instead.

Then again I am likely jumping the gun in saying I prefer one style to another when I have yet to see the new one.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:25 pm

0.16.1: Details in the... actually, for once you may actually see more details in this post. I still updated the changelog, though.

Deioth wrote:Apparent bugs:

Almost every melee attack appears to catch everyone unaware, even when they are aware, even enemies attacking the player.

Enemies also no longer seem to attack, they just suddenly make a vore attempt seemingly at random and it always hits.

This was disconcerting and irritating to fix, since it appears in the Release version but not my Debug version, which I assumed were compiling in the same way. Apparently the variable for stealth attacks defaults to true in the Release version, but to false (correctly) in the Debug version. As such, all attacks in the Release version were stealth attacks. The stealth variable is now explicitly set to false, so this should no longer happen.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.16.1]

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 am

It's nice to see a new update. I know you've got a lot your working on, but any ideas when we'll get some new enemies added?

Also, would it be possible to have selective disposal content? Like I'm not into scat, so I prefer to not have disposal for oral or anal vore. But I want to have it for cock vore.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:56 am

invidiasyren wrote:It's nice to see a new update. I know you've got a lot your working on, but any ideas when we'll get some new enemies added?

Also, would it be possible to have selective disposal content? Like I'm not into scat, so I prefer to not have disposal for oral or anal vore. But I want to have it for cock vore.

New enemies will happen when I catch up to finishing the old ones, unfortunately. The disposal note is a good point; I should separate the toggles for different vore types.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xmarkx » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:51 am

In Trello, you said that there was an option to rub, which is it?
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:16 pm

xmarkx wrote:In Trello, you said that there was an option to rub, which is it?

Currently there is no direct rub command. However, if you allow an enemy to swallow you or press "O" after a hostile swallow, struggle messages will be replaced with willing ones, which can include descriptions of rubbing the predator from the inside. Generic digestion messages will still print alongside these messages.

Pressing "Z" while you're being digested will prevent either struggle or willing messages from showing, and only neutral digestion messages will print.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Duke The Wolf » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Do you plan on making it so eating prey fills your nutrition bar?
A signature in 2019? What is this, a forum?
Duke The Wolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 am

Duke The Wolf wrote:Do you plan on making it so eating prey fills your nutrition bar?

That's already implemented. Is it not working properly? It specifically refills nutrition when you finish digesting an enemy, not when you first swallow it. However, swallowing an enemy should pause the Nutrition bar and keep it from dropping.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ZeForgotten » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 am

I'm having problems with the wand of polymorphism (not sure if i spelt that correctly), it won't transform monsters into different monsters. I really don't know if i'm using it wrong or smth. Please help.
ZeForgotten
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 pm

ZeForgotten wrote:I'm having problems with the wand of polymorphism (not sure if i spelt that correctly), it won't transform monsters into different monsters. I really don't know if i'm using it wrong or smth. Please help.

Is it giving you the message "Nothing happened. Maybe it's broken?" The wand of polymorphism won't work until version 1.0, when all enemies will have been added to the game, since it can potentially change a working enemy into an unfinished one and crash the game.

Incidentally, information like this can be found in the changelog.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby frogcubus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Just wanted to thank you for this, and all the effort you've contributed, Myconid! :) I have no complaints, but also nothing else to contribute. Sorry about that
Cuteness and degeneracy go too well together for their own good.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:26 am

BewitchedTwist wrote:Just wanted to thank you for this, and all the effort you've contributed, Myconid! :) I have no complaints, but also nothing else to contribute. Sorry about that

Thanks, I appreciate that. Kind words keep me going when I start to get distracted or burnt out.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bahamut24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:19 am

is there any use for golds? sorry if this being asked before
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

bahamut24 wrote:is there any use for golds? sorry if this being asked before

Not currently. It was used to keep score in the original Brogue. However, I would like to use it for something related to gameplay.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bahamut24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
bahamut24 wrote:is there any use for golds? sorry if this being asked before

Not currently. It was used to keep score in the original Brogue. However, I would like to use it for something related to gameplay.

alright thank for reply
have been gathering those and see nothing useful for it.
may i suggest the usage for golds:
1- revive upon digest/died, cost of gold increase each time
2- throw/bribe gold at enemies with chance to recruit. for non-greed enemy, those take damage instead
3- dungeon merchant that sell items, undiscovered items will be random priced while discovered items will be priced according to its usefulness

if possible as reaching f12 is bit tougher without enter easy mode so an ability to vore from item or morph to predator for brief time?
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game