Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.1]

Postby InvalidResponse » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Where do I download the latest version? .3.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.1]

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:Where do I download the latest version? .3.

It's the link in the top post next to the phrase "NEW TEST VERSION".
The link below it will instead give you the 0.14.0 version, which has more monsters but less detail in their text.

Side note, I think I will complete the texts of each of the previous monsters two at a time before releasing them as a mini-update, until all the monsters are added back in. At the same time, I'll try to add the player vore texts for each monster that have been missing for predators.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.2]

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Update 0.15.2: Details in the changelog.

With the increased focus on detail, I'm trying to give the predators a little more personality. We'll see how it pans out.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maw247 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 pm

I noticed in the changelog that the gulper had it's text expanded, however I have been unable to get it to spawn. Is it re-implemented into the game yet?
maw247
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:44 am

maw247 wrote:I noticed in the changelog that the gulper had it's text expanded, however I have been unable to get it to spawn. Is it re-implemented into the game yet?

Nope!
But it was supposed to be.
Now it's fixed.
The changelog and I are going to pretend this didn't happen.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vsanomolyx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:38 am

just thought i'd let you know the staff of polymorphism doesnt work on any of the enemies as far as ive seen :( idk if im missing some sort of mechanic or if its a bug but i thhought it best to give a headsup
vsanomolyx
New to the forum

Postby zenox81 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:40 am

I know in the last version the game would randomly crash and the further you were the higher the chances. Has that been fixed?
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby ekadragon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:39 am

Hello again, having tried the new enemy alterations, I noticed that the ring of clairvoyence (and likely ring of awareness) granted by debug shatter because of acid damage... was this intentional, or a accidental overlook? Also, I believe with the gulper, in part of the willing vore it goes 'intohis throat' with the second part of the vore dialog.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 am

vsanomolyx wrote:just thought i'd let you know the staff of polymorphism doesnt work on any of the enemies as far as ive seen :( idk if im missing some sort of mechanic or if its a bug but i thhought it best to give a headsup

Using the wand of polymorphism should give you a message indicating that it might be broken, which is intentional. Polymorph effects are absent from the game until I can add in all enemies and make sure they can't get transformed into something that will break the game, like a monster from the old Brogue.
zenox81 wrote:I know in the last version the game would randomly crash and the further you were the higher the chances. Has that been fixed?

The source of this crash is still unknown, as it relies on me being able to trigger the crash while I'm running my debugger. Thus far my game has run smoothly when I'm looking for the bug, though I HAVE noticed crashes when I don't have my debugger up, which is annoying. Once the enemies have all been added back in, I'll try to do a few runs in the lower levels of the dungeon to suss it out. I suspect it has something to do with the game's buggy save mechanics, which get more complicated the longer you play, but it's hard to tell. If you notice any common elements in runs where the game crashes, please let me know.
ekadragon wrote:Hello again, having tried the new enemy alterations, I noticed that the ring of clairvoyence (and likely ring of awareness) granted by debug shatter because of acid damage... was this intentional, or a accidental overlook? Also, I believe with the gulper, in part of the willing vore it goes 'intohis throat' with the second part of the vore dialog.

The other debug rings being vulnerable to digestion was intentional. I wanted to be able to pre-test the ability for enemies to digest rings without having to find new ones. However, I can see how this might be irritating while debugging, and I'm satisfied that ring digestion works, so I'll have the debug rings spawn protected from now on. The high-powered weapon and armor in the debug mode inventory are also protected by default (but not the ones initially equipped).
The Gulper's line has been fixed. Thanks for spotting the loose thread!

Since I'm in the middle of an update right now, these changes won't be reflected in-game until 0.15.3.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Are future update's going to do something about the extremely easy difficulty? I'm only able to die when I go out of my way to get eaten, but I notice there are a lot of creature's on that list I havent seen in the game. Will they be significantly stronger?
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:07 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:Are future update's going to do something about the extremely easy difficulty? I'm only able to die when I go out of my way to get eaten, but I notice there are a lot of creature's on that list I havent seen in the game. Will they be significantly stronger?

I'll see what I can do.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby betacygni » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:10 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:Are future update's going to do something about the extremely easy difficulty? I'm only able to die when I go out of my way to get eaten, but I notice there are a lot of creature's on that list I havent seen in the game. Will they be significantly stronger?

If you're playing the newest version, that's because the only enemies that have been re-implemented are the very early enemies. You might have more of a challenge if you play the previous version, because that has far more enemies in it- some of which are very difficult if you're not prepared for them.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:53 pm

betacygni wrote:

If you're playing the newest version, that's because the only enemies that have been re-implemented are the very early enemies. You might have more of a challenge if you play the previous version, because that has far more enemies in it- some of which are very difficult if you're not prepared for them.

What he said. In the previous version, there were new implements added to it, including the following special ones: Hellhounds and Cyclops. These two are hard to beat
Apex type predators. Hellhounds are seen earlier than Cyclops, unless you use New Game (Random seed) to select one at random, which refines which predators and prey
you'll see.

The debug mode will allow you to go through them and test those two apex predators for errors and crashes that might occur. One particular note about Hellhound is if you see it, it shows burning state and immune to fire, negation on it, destroys both states and generally all of them. Using New Game Random allows you to see preds and prey on floor 27-29 after you pass through the amulet, level 30, not sure, the latest beta test allows you to see rats and dire wolves on level 30.

Hold Shift and click on New game, and it'll let you go through other floors easily, but there are random types of predators that you'll encounter on each floor, it's only best to use this in debug mode.

To verify on the crash issue, if you transfer via debug using the Shift+> key to specific floors, then specifically the game doesn't count it as a turn, as this command only works in debug mode, but normal gameplay will cause crashes at some point, use Shift+ ~ to get the seed number and know the turn number, I think OP should make it possible to get a crash log for each possible to better help identify crashes. Some commonly known issues are:

Wand of empowerment - Repeatedly using more than 5 times increases the risk of crashes.

Wand of plenty- Repeatedly cloning enemies to reduce health can require more turns to defeat enemies, thus increasing the risk for crashes.

Wand of beckoning- Using this to draw fleeing monsters to test vore moves can increase risk of crashes, only use this if you are confident your
chance of performing vore will be successful.

Using the Offer yourself as food command on a Shadow and not Shadow Captain will only have the shadow damage you, technically the game has no
implementation of vore with shadows at this time. OP should confirm in the future if they can do any type of vore possible with this monster.

Using the ESC key after offering yourself as food when options are available would pick one at random, if choices are removed, then this would mean
the game picks for you if you offer yourself as food.

Wand of polymorphism- Yes, this is well known. If this wand would be fixed at some point, you could at some point transform prey into predators or apex
predators, or a different type of enemy. Using it wastes space, so throw it in lava and don't use it. If it was fixed, it might have a chance to make apex
predators easier to kill if in a state in which they would be swallowable by the player if transformed into prey or preds. By default, Apex predators like
Shadow Captains, Cyclops, Hellhounds, etc cannot be eaten.

Summon monsters - If used while playing on New Game (Random), Shift+N specifically, then using this scroll will only summon giant rats and troggs.

As far as I know, to reduce risks of crashes, avoid the Apex predators if possible, Staff of blinking and Staff of obstruction can help for a short bit, but
Aggravate monsters scrolls will alert all to your location, but not show a visible state of a increased stealth range.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 pm

betacygni wrote:

No, I've been playing version 1.4. All I did was enchant my mace a few times (maybe four or five) and all the sudden I can kill almost everything in one hit. I made it all the way to level 30 without ever dying on accident. I didnt enchant my armor at all and things still took between 8 and 20 hits to kill me.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:
betacygni wrote:

No, I've been playing version 1.4. All I did was enchant my mace a few times (maybe four or five) and all the sudden I can kill almost everything in one hit. I made it all the way to level 30 without ever dying on accident. I didnt enchant my armor at all and things still took between 8 and 20 hits to kill me.

I kind of have this as the latest log:

Changelog: Build 0.13.1
-FIX: Freed prey should ally with the player again, and the game
should no longer identify hostile prey as allies when they are
disposed of.
-FIX: Trolls will no longer cause the game to crash while attempting
to swallow.

However, I have the one that includes the Hellhound and Cyclops as additional Apex predators with it. What seed did you use for this scenario to see if it's possible to defeat those two Apex Preds with the mace 4 or 5 times.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 pm

KingKabal777 wrote:

disposed of.
to swallow.

However, I have the one that includes the Hellhound and Cyclops as additional Apex predators with it. What seed did you use for this scenario to see if it's possible to defeat those two Apex Preds with the mace 4 or 5 times.

I don't really know how to find out what the seed is, all I can say is that the hellhound was the only thing I couldn't kill in one hit. It took two hits. The mace was a [17]9 Whatever that means.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:17 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:
KingKabal777 wrote:

disposed of.
to swallow.

I don't really know how to find out what the seed is, all I can say is that the hellhound was the only thing I couldn't kill in one hit. It took two hits. The mace was a [17]9 Whatever that means.

If you have a quietus type of weapon, it has a chance to instantly kill, regardless of type. if you know about the
original brogue game, then Reddit might have information on the game and other such topics, since this game is a modified version of it, you can take advantage of such info.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 am

Update 0.15.3: Details in the changelog.

It's quite late and I'm very tired so there's BOUND to be all sorts of things wrong with this one, so bear with me.

First and foremost, this update adds all of the removed enemies back into the game. HOWEVER, most of their vore texts are bugged atm; unwilling and willing texts will print twice each, and the finishing texts will be mismatched (disposal might print even when scat is toggled off, etc.). I wanted to be able to test for crashes, but I couldn't do that while most of the enemies were absent, so I added them back in and used their old vore texts as placeholders for the new ones so they wouldn't crash the game. I'm still going to gradually rewrite texts for every enemy; in the meantime, be aware that any enemy whose increased vore detail is not mentioned in the changelog will have bugged text. The only enemy in this particular update with updated text is the Rainbow Slime.

The struggle and digestion damage aspects of the game have also been tweaked. Rather than dealing constant damage in either direction, struggle and digestion damage is now variable, with the player dealing 0-4 damage per turn by default, and predators dealing a minimum of 1 and a maximum of their old acid damage. Potions of Strength increase the upper limit of the player's damage. The end result seems to be about as balanced as the old system, but adds an element of uncertainty - you're no longer guaranteed to escape a healthy Dire Wolf, for instance.

Finally, I've changed the way the health threshold works for swallowing. Previously, predators would not attempt to swallow you until you reached a certain level of health - for example, Giant Rats would never try to eat you if you had more than 25% health remaining. Now, all predators have a small chance to swallow you outside of this threshold, and this chance increases if you are not wearing armor (since you're tempting them with all that nekkidness). Combined with the above, this means that even a Giant Rat can pose a threat if you get unlucky.

KingKabal777 wrote:The debug mode will allow you to go through them and test those two apex predators for errors and crashes that might occur. One particular note about Hellhound is if you see it, it shows burning state and immune to fire, negation on it, destroys both states and generally all of them.

I wasn't aware of this but I think it's hilarious. I'm leaving it in. Side note: Getting stuck in lava thanks to a predator is one of the few non-vorish ways you can die in this game, although I may change that at some point.
KingKabal777 wrote:Wand of empowerment - Repeatedly using more than 5 times increases the risk of crashes.
Wand of plenty- Repeatedly cloning enemies to reduce health can require more turns to defeat enemies, thus increasing the risk for crashes.
Wand of beckoning- Using this to draw fleeing monsters to test vore moves can increase risk of crashes, only use this if you are confident your
As far as I know, to reduce risks of crashes, avoid the Apex predators if possible[...]

I'm not sure where this is coming from. I tried instigating a crash using all of these methods for the last few hours, to no effect. I was even able to save and load. Can you tell me how/if you can reproduce these crashes?
KingKabal777 wrote:Using the Offer yourself as food command on a Shadow and not Shadow Captain will only have the shadow damage you, technically the game has no
implementation of vore with shadows at this time. OP should confirm in the future if they can do any type of vore possible with this monster.

Shadows are not intended to be predators, just allied with apex predators. I've fixed it so that you can no longer offer yourself to them.
KingKabal777 wrote:Using the ESC key after offering yourself as food when options are available would pick one at random, if choices are removed, then this would mean
the game picks for you if you offer yourself as food.

This was semi-intentional. I didn't think most people would try to cancel at that point. I'll think about changing it.
KingKabal777 wrote:Summon monsters - If used while playing on New Game (Random), Shift+N specifically, then using this scroll will only summon giant rats and troggs.

Um? Too tired to look into this atm, will check tomorrow.
InvalidResponse wrote:Are future update's going to do something about the extremely easy difficulty?

My intention is to make vore moves more threatening. Try the game now that all the enemies have been added back in (keeping in mind that most of the texts are borked).
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 am

To avoid pyramid posts, I'll copy and paste the text:

Wand of empowerment - Repeatedly using more than 5 times increases the risk of crashes.

How this can risk crashing the game? Wand of Empowerment's mechanics are used in technical details to increase
the target's power. IE: If you are to use this on a ally specifically, like a trogg you ally with, they can learn the abilities
of the monsters who are defeated specifically by the player. Some of the powers include:

Casting Protection, Haste, etc (Requires 1 use on the trogg or such for each)
Gaining the ability to levitate (This can be studied on the Roc and Gryphon predator)

Note: I am not sure if invisibility is possible for them without the proper wand.

How? I've gotten up to a higher level without saving, using both Wand of Plenty and Wand of Healing to make sure I can get the trogg to level
26, where Amulet of Yendor is. Cloning the trogg reduces health and increases the risk of it being swallowed, ally or not. Using it on a predator
clones possibilities of crashes, but yet you can offer yourself as food to a ally, and the game ends if you digest. It takes more turns to kill multiple
enemies, unless you're using other specific methods to do so.

How? Wand of beckoning is used specifically for the following conditions:

Before getting to level 12- The roc predator is the only possible predator along with the bandit that will flee from the player if under low health. The bandit however, only flees if he steals a item from the player. You cannot devour them before getting to level 12, so testing vore moves is not possible
before then on either.

By the time you've gotten to level 12 in game, the game checks when prey encounter you, the game checks to see if you are a predator, if this is true, then prey flee, and the only way to save turns is to use wand of beckoning to get monsters directly to you so that way you can test the vore moves on
them to see the dialog and make sure some of them aren't displaying issues or errors. One common note I see is some dialog only shows as for other
predators like this:

[Player Anal Vore]
[Player Oral Vore]

etc.

By the time you're at level 25- All predators, except for apex type predators, will flee off from you, attempting to devour most of them do not yet have a dialog for their devouring, in which is why you see the Player Anal vore dialog and such, dependent on choice.

As for the Summon monsters scroll, that only works IF you hold Shift+N, you have the option to do random game, using scroll of summon monsters only summons Trogglings and Giant rats.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:52 am

This games really came along since I've been around owo Well done~
Pretty excited about the random scaling damage and nom chance, too~

I'll prolly replay this again sometime soon and'll try nd do some digging for bugs nd all~
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game