Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.12.1]

Postby Rashdolphin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:17 pm

which download file is the latest version?
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:19 am

Rashdolphin wrote:which download file is the latest version?

As quoted from the top post:
Myconid32 wrote:NEW TEST VERSION (USE THIS ONE): https://www.dropbox.com/s/54lnqa4cijmpc ... d.zip?dl=0<---Pick me!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Any news, Myco? Your ankle should be all better now, right? How are you settling in to your new place? I'd love to hear some updates, if you feel like sharing.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rashdolphin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:46 am

ok cause that one keeps saying there is an error downloading it.
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 am

Rashdolphin wrote:ok cause that one keeps saying there is an error downloading it.

Not sure what the issue is; the download is working for me.

In other news, I'll be releasing some test builds shortly for anyone who still feels like testing. There are unfortunately no content updates yet; these builds just introduce some changes to mechanics that I want to try out. Once I get over the hurdle of making sure the changes are functional/viable, we can focus on more actual content.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eat meh » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:35 pm

What sort of mechanical changes? I'd be willing to test.
Eat meh
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.13.0]

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Update 0.13.0: Details in the changelog.

Wow, I haven't typed that in a while. Anyway, I lied earlier. This does have a small content update in the form of a new prey (Trogg Sniper) and a new predator (Troll). More importantly, the following mechanics changes SHOULD be in effect.

-Enemies no longer enter a Hunting state when they spot the player. This is replaced by an Aware state. When enemies lose sight of the player, they enter a new Hunting state where they will head to the last place the player was seen. If the enemy reaches that spot without seeing the player, they will search around the area for a few turns before returning to the Wandering state.
-Enemies enter a Distracted state while in combat with another enemy. In this state, they ignore the player (but will make a note of his location and pursue when combat is over). Players can sneak past enemies while they are distracted.
-Prey enemies should flee from the player if he is a predator, unless they are directly adjacent to the player.

Testers should watch out for enemies getting stuck around walls, attacking the player even if Distracted, or prey failing to run away. Thanks for helping out! More content is on the way.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xcer12 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:50 am

the game crash whenever you spot a troll or offer yourself to it
xcer12
Been posting for a bit

Postby DigiThing » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Noice!
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby thespartzter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Quick question, will there be monsters that, when they eat you, will instead heal you, but only if you offer yourself to them? Like, say, offering yourself to the knight, and their health would slowly dwindle until they're really weak/become a barbarian?
thespartzter
New to the forum

Postby WickidyWack » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:22 pm

xcer12 wrote:the game crash whenever you spot a troll or offer yourself to it

Yeah, pretty much If the troll attempts to eat anything the game crashes. The game won't crash if it's just attacking or gets attacked though, at least not for me.

Also saving prey from preds no longer makes them your allies.

And this text plays Image whether the NPC was under your control or not.

Regardless I like that prey tries to flee now, nice touch.
WickidyWack
New to the forum

Postby Rashdolphin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:35 pm

i think dropbox hates me lol, wont let me download. it keeps saying there is an error. any advice?
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Postby ForgottenOne » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:56 pm

I've had the game crash on debug having a Troll on the same floor whether or not I even approach it so its not just interactions with it that causes crashing.
The fallen and forgotten one...no memories of the days before remain...all in haze and shadows
ForgottenOne
Been posting for a bit

Postby betacygni » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:27 pm

I don't remember if you officially support the "random" game mode or not, but it seems like there's much, much fewer enemies than there used to be- to the point where it's significantly easier to play through the game on random mode than on normal mode. I don't remember it being like this in the past, so this might be a recent bug.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'll take a look at fixing these issues later in the week when I have a few days off
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mrHowlll » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:16 pm

I really like Vrogue but both regular version and its debug version will crash on me after a certain amount of time and keep crashing
into soft vore though I like digestion either soft or hard
I prefer to imagine myself as prey exclusively
mrHowlll
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:11 am

mrHowlll wrote:I really like Vrogue but both regular version and its debug version will crash on me after a certain amount of time and keep crashing

0.13.0 is bugged. Working on it.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:28 am

Myconid32 wrote:
mrHowlll wrote:I really like Vrogue but both regular version and its debug version will crash on me after a certain amount of time and keep crashing

0.13.0 is bugged. Working on it.

That seems very technically true, but do you or anyone know what this "An alien presence threatens to overwhelm you" thing is at the end? Has anyone ever bothered
to go to the very end, whether you pick up the amulet or not? Could the place have some use as well? BTW, when you're at the end, potions of descent are useless there
when you're at the last floor, but it's possible not to ever take damage there, you'll get redirected to a different location in the same room instead if you use a potion of descent there, which was needed for me to pretty much get me room for the amulet and test the lumenstones.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:58 am

KingKabal777 wrote:That seems very technically true, but do you or anyone know what this "An alien presence threatens to overwhelm you" thing is at the end? Has anyone ever bothered
to go to the very end, whether you pick up the amulet or not? Could the place have some use as well? BTW, when you're at the end, potions of descent are useless there
when you're at the last floor, but it's possible not to ever take damage there, you'll get redirected to a different location in the same room instead if you use a potion of descent there, which was needed for me to pretty much get me room for the amulet and test the lumenstones.

Potions of Descent do not work on depth 30 because it is the final floor. In the original game, it was possible to escape the dungeon through a portal at depth 30 if you had the amulet. In this game, however, the amulet only allows you to leave the dungeon at depth 1, with depth 30 reserved for a different, game-ending encounter. This is also why no other enemies appear on depth 30 unless an enemy test exe is being used. The "alien presence" described is the entity responsible for your corruption and the presence of hungry monsters, but he's hiding right now until I can finish him.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
KingKabal777 wrote:That seems very technically true, but do you or anyone know what this "An alien presence threatens to overwhelm you" thing is at the end? Has anyone ever bothered

Potions of Descent do not work on depth 30 because it is the final floor. In the original game, it was possible to escape the dungeon through a portal at depth 30 if you had the amulet. In this game, however, the amulet only allows you to leave the dungeon at depth 1, with depth 30 reserved for a different, game-ending encounter. This is also why no other enemies appear on depth 30 unless an enemy test exe is being used. The "alien presence" described is the entity responsible for your corruption and the presence of hungry monsters, but he's hiding right now until I can finish him.

I've tried to look on the original wiki for answers regarding that red quote at the final level, but yes I verified that and it does not work, it'll send you to a random point of the final level. Never got to know answers about the final level in the original part of the game, so I couldn't find a appropriate answer for such, so leaking the final answer, in technical terms, this "alien presence" quote mentioned must be a reference to a reason why the player ends up getting corrupted and turned into a predator the closer the player gets to the amulet, but this entity can't be found until the game is finished.

Hope it gets finished, want to see what kind of monster it is.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game