VVN Ryanshow style 1.6.0 updated 2/20/16

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: VVN Ryanshow style 1.6.0 updated 2/20/16

Postby Vincanity » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
2quick4u wrote:Would you work on scenes for VVN as a commission?

It'd be a little work to structure that because it'd go beyond my usual as word count formula. There's just more going on especially for custom encounters that don't use the battle system or stuff like the gang girl that really bent it into pretzel shapes.

Also I might want to buy the pictures so I was on the level, which I have something of a source now for that.

So it would assuredly be more expensive than regular writing commissions. Can't judge how much without knowing the scene.

I think I'd be willing to try it out once and see how painful it was then go from there, either story scene or random additions.

Have you thought about a Patreon page for this? I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that would support you with monthly payments to keep this project alive and maybe even push you towards future projects as well.

I actually support about 4 different game creators on Patreon at the moment, all for about $5/month. Some of these guys pull in ridiculous sums of money too, one in particular has 4,121 supporters. He recently hid his monthly commission from his profile, but before he hid it, it was up around $18,000 a month! Not saying you'd be pulling $18,000 a month (if only!!!) but if there were 100 people from this forum that threw in $2/month on average, you'd end up with $2,400 a year for something that you enjoy doing :). Plus you could count me in for at lesser $5 :D
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Vincanity wrote:Have you thought about a Patreon page for this? I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that would support you with monthly payments to keep this project alive and maybe even push you towards future projects as well.

I've considered Patreon in general. Something about it rubbed me the wrong way. At least that it wasn't for me. There are really good artists out there eking out a living between part time work and their art. I made my own decision not to try to take a piece of that pie from them. I'll do fine with or without the extra spending cash.

There are also really bad artists assuming people will pay them for really sub-par work. I'm not sure if I'd belong to the former or the latter. I'm no artist, I've developed a process.

There's also the issue of patreon becoming iffy for anything sexual/non-consenual and shutting down creators of that content. Or at least I've seen a few threads to that effect lately. VVN is way far into the sexual territory and non consensual territory.

I *could* give it a look though. I'm afraid I'm not like other content creators though. holding streams and making reward levels sounds like a special hell. I'm just not certain I'm popular enough to draw anyone in for patreon.

Poll?
https://www.strawpoll.me/15579190
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Vincanity » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:19 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Vincanity wrote:Have you thought about a Patreon page for this? I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that would support you with monthly payments to keep this project alive and maybe even push you towards future projects as well.

I've considered Patreon in general. Something about it rubbed me the wrong way. At least that it wasn't for me. There are really good artists out there eking out a living between part time work and their art. I made my own decision not to try to take a piece of that pie from them. I'll do fine with or without the extra spending cash.

There are also really bad artists assuming people will pay them for really sub-par work. I'm not sure if I'd belong to the former or the latter. I'm no artist, I've developed a process.

There's also the issue of patreon becoming iffy for anything sexual/non-consenual and shutting down creators of that content. Or at least I've seen a few threads to that effect lately. VVN is way far into the sexual territory and non consensual territory.

I *could* give it a look though. I'm afraid I'm not like other content creators though. holding streams and making reward levels sounds like a special hell. I'm just not certain I'm popular enough to draw anyone in for patreon.

Poll?
https://www.strawpoll.me/15579190

Yeah I hear you on that, Patreon does have it's ups and downs. But the one thing that works well is once somebody pledges to your page and downloads your game, if they don't like it they can unpledge instantly, so they really only paid $1 or $2 or however much it was. I think you're an incredible artist with this game you have created and what you're able to do, but if somebody else didn't agree with me they just wouldn't pledge to your page. But given the support on this forum alone, I think you would have a LOT of ongoing support.

With the content issue, as long as you have disclaimers at the top of your profile page you should be ok. That guy that I mentioned before is Lewdlab and he is making a visual novel game called Dreams of Desire that has far more sex scenes in it than VVN, the entire game is basically premised around hypnotising girls into doing what you say then having them pleasure you. His page has been up for years with naked screenshots from his game and everything, so I'm sure there's a way to do that.

But yeah, I guess it's just an option to consider. I think you'll find most people on here will do just about anything to see this game continue, haha. The poll should reveal that :p
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby NanasBananas » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Not sure how Patreon treats vore, since I can't think of a lot of examples to provide precedence, but I think it should be fine... From what I've seen their big crackdown has been on incest and underage content, I don't think I've seen any game get problems for sexual or non consensual material. Creators like Darktoz, who makes pretty hardcore femdom games with very few consenting males, haven't had any troubles as far as I know. Of course, since Patreon has been making life difficult for incest creators, I guess it's not incomprehensible they might turn their attention on something else they decide they don't like somewhere down the line, but so far sex between not-so-consenting adults is perfectly permissible, as far as I've seen.

I guess there's a slight danger because the game involves high-school girls, but I'm pretty sure I've seen high-school girls in other games, and it's simply assumed or stated that they're on their last year and over eighteen. None of the girls in the game feel very underage-y, and they could convincingly all be of legal age (I assume their models are, anyway). Plus it's a fantasy world, so you could even claim high-school lasts a year longer there and that the main character teaches the final year where everyone is legally an adult.

The final thing that could be problematic is accepting money if the images are used without permission, but if as you said you'll start buying pictures then that's a non-issue...

Overall I think as long as there's no incest or underage content, Patreon probably won't mind the game.
NanasBananas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vincanity » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:10 pm

So far we have 51 people willing to pay for the game to be continued, that's not bad!! If we all chip in $5 you'll be up over $250... Plus Patreon is a pretty large community so it you do end up getting commissions through Patreon you'll probably find more people will jump on board once you're up and running.
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby santobi2 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 pm

I seem to be stuck. In one of the older builds i got the ill girl scene but i cant seem to unlock it now. Was it removed? and if no how do i get it? or better how do i get any other characters besides those that are there all the time?

Also i get quite a lot of errors in the 1.9 build can anyone help me with that? the only thing i understood is that melissagiggle wasnt found but it should be becuase its in the folder
santobi2
New to the forum

Postby Vincanity » Wed May 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Alright, so that poll has been up for a while now... Looks like 72 people voted to say that they would be willing to pay for the continuation of the game.

Assuming all 72 were happy to pay $5, that's $360... And if that's a monthly thing on Patreon, even better! I understand that some people may not pay monthly, but I most certainly will!
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Vincanity wrote:Alright, so that poll has been up for a while now... Looks like 72 people voted to say that they would be willing to pay for the continuation of the game.

Assuming all 72 were happy to pay $5, that's $360... And if that's a monthly thing on Patreon, even better! I understand that some people may not pay monthly, but I most certainly will!

Yah. I'm dragging my feet a bit but I think I'm going to try patreon, give it a shot. I'll need to figure out how the dang thing works in the next week or two but I think it's worth giving it a shot. I'll make another post here when it's underway. I'll also need a link to whatever the latest build of VVN is, an explanation of what's been added would help too. I've been VERY absent and haven't paid attention to where it has gone.

Details on how this will work when I've better investigated how patreon works and all the options there.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Vincanity » Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Vincanity wrote:Alright, so that poll has been up for a while now... Looks like 72 people voted to say that they would be willing to pay for the continuation of the game.

Yah. I'm dragging my feet a bit but I think I'm going to try patreon, give it a shot. I'll need to figure out how the dang thing works in the next week or two but I think it's worth giving it a shot. I'll make another post here when it's underway. I'll also need a link to whatever the latest build of VVN is, an explanation of what's been added would help too. I've been VERY absent and haven't paid attention to where it has gone.

Details on how this will work when I've better investigated how patreon works and all the options there.

Hell yeah man, that's awesome! I'll be one of the first to sign up.

You could do some tiers for extra value too, like $3 for the game download privelidge, $5 for early access (maybe like 2 or 3 weeks before $3 Patreons), $10 for poll access to vote on various scenes and additions and $20 for your own game character (so a $20 can specify the type of girl and type of attacks etc). I reckon that would go down really well!

I think NanasBananas was the last person to release a build for memory, just off the top of my head.

If you want any help or ideas around the Patreon page, feel free to hit me up mate!
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby FlowerPetals8 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:40 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I'll also need a link to whatever the latest build of VVN is, an explanation of what's been added would help too. I've been VERY absent and haven't paid attention to where it has gone.

The latest addition to the game was done by NanasBananas (version 1.9.0). Here's the link to the post:

viewtopic.php?p=2685506#p2685506

As far as additions go, there have only been three.

• Two new predators were added, one of which is at the new mall area, and the other was added to the park.
  • Arguably done poorly on my part, the police station was added, continuing the story a bit. It leaves the player at a cliffhanger for what happened to Belinda.

I changed the code and file structure around a bit as well, but it shouldn't be too hard to follow.
FlowerPetals8
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vincanity » Thu May 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Hey Ryanshow, how's the Patreon page coming along mate?? Super excited to jump on board!
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby NanasBananas » Thu May 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Oh hey, congratulations on your new profile picture, Ryanshow. I was never sure what your previous one meant, but I would see it on the internet every now and then and was always reminded of this game...
NanasBananas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Black_Knight » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

I believe his last profile pic was paying homage to the "Laughing Man"
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Vincanity wrote:Hey Ryanshow, how's the Patreon page coming along mate?? Super excited to jump on board!

Coming along. I think I've got most everything setup how I want it. Its out there but I'm not releasing the link yet.

I've decided to come out swinging, or try to.

My goal is to release a story, a few manips, something...special and new on twitter all at the same time. All of them set in the VVN universe.

Oh yah and also a new battle girl for the game. Just a standard girl using the battle system so nothing incredibly large.

I want to release that all at the same time as I announce the patreon page. To drum up some noise for it.

So I'm taking a little extra time to come up with all that. I've sourced and purchased the pictures already for the manips and the girl to add for the game. Still need to manip her.

The story is like 60% done and a short one so it won't take me too long.

My goal is to release at the beginning/mid june. Then do my first patreon collection around july 1st.

Also an important note on that... I find the patreon monthly collection model to be greedy and unbecoming for this project. I want to only collect for each full release of content. It would make me uneasy to collect monthly and wonder if I really provided enough value to patrons. It will help me balance it with commissions as well.

That may mean that updates won't come on a monthly basis but they will come provided the project has enough support. Obviously if I was only getting $10 then it just wouldn't be justifiable to work on when commissions are available and will pay much more.

The way I've structured the rewards though people who want to commission a particular scene can totally do so and drop out of the pool after I've collected. The ones who'd like to continue contributing can stay in the pool as well. I might need to do something to reward long time contributors who do so at a lower contribution level though. Patreon has nothing for that at the moment. We'll see what tools I have later.

Creator's paranoia:
Spoiler: show
I'm a bit nervous to be honest. A bit of my pride is tied into this thing. Forgoing patreon has let me hide a bit from finding out if I'm actually worth anything. One way or another I'll know come july and that is frightening.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Vincanity » Fri May 18, 2018 12:57 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Vincanity wrote:Hey Ryanshow, how's the Patreon page coming along mate?? Super excited to jump on board!

Coming along. I think I've got most everything setup how I want it. Its out there but I'm not releasing the link yet.

My goal is to release a story, a few manips, something...special and new on twitter all at the same time. All of them set in the VVN universe.

Oh yah and also a new battle girl for the game. Just a standard girl using the battle system so nothing incredibly large.

I want to release that all at the same time as I announce the patreon page. To drum up some noise for it.

So I'm taking a little extra time to come up with all that. I've sourced and purchased the pictures already for the manips and the girl to add for the game. Still need to manip her.

My goal is to release at the beginning/mid june. Then do my first patreon collection around july 1st.

Also an important note on that... I find the patreon monthly collection model to be greedy and unbecoming for this project. I want to only collect for each full release of content. It would make me uneasy to collect monthly and wonder if I really provided enough value to patrons. It will help me balance it with commissions as well.

That may mean that updates won't come on a monthly basis but they will come provided the project has enough support. Obviously if I was only getting $10 then it just wouldn't be justifiable to work on when commissions are available and will pay much more.

The way I've structured the rewards though people who want to commission a particular scene can totally do so and drop out of the pool after I've collected. The ones who'd like to continue contributing can stay in the pool as well. I might need to do something to reward long time contributors who do so at a lower contribution level though. Patreon has nothing for that at the moment. We'll see what tools I have later.

Creator's paranoia:
I'm a bit nervous to be honest. A bit of my pride is tied into this thing. Forgoing patreon has let me hide a bit from finding out if I'm actually worth anything. One way or another I'll know come july and that is frightening.

That's exciting news mate, I can't wait to see what comes out in June.

That is a great idea to release a new version of the game then push the Patreon page out there. Get the hype back with a fresh update then go for it. I like you're style! I can see what you mean about monthly contributions and such, but people will be happy to contribute so long as the creation and content keeps coming. If the creation or content stops, then they simply cancel their pledge and that's that, no harm done! So if people want to do the one off payment to get the link that's all good, but I can promise you that you'll have a small band of supporters that will stick around.

I am currently paying $20 a month to 4 different Patreon pages, the longest of which I have been supporting for about 8 months now :). I like to support the people who make these games! So needless to say, I'll be sticking around.

It would be tough to have a reward system for the loyal supporters, but you'll know who they are so you could always do that externally to Patreon if you wanted to.

Ahhhh all good to be a bit nervous, shows that you really do care about the quality of your work. Trust me when I say I have seen some REALLY average games on Patreon with a ridiculously high number of followers and supporters... Based on that alone, I know you will kill it! Plus once the page is up, I am planning to do some work to get people to your page (I know a few other forums and what not that would be really interested in this!)
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby Doughnutz2000 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:17 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:

Creator's paranoia:

It's great to see that you are still working on this game! I really want to get involved with it myself, but I am pre-occupied with events right now. I also have never attempted something like this before, but it would be nice if I could contribute as others have. I consider this one of the best vore games by far dude! :)
Unbirth and Anal Vore FTW
Doughnutz2000
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nnnddt » Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 am

Could we have the link for the patreon ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby NaomiLuvsU » Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm

I got an error when trying to start the game. I redownloaded and installed every version of the game again and I'm still getting it

Here's the log if it helps

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00performance.rpy", line 81, in script
init -1010 python:
File "renpy/common/00performance.rpy", line 82, in <module>
config.per_frame_screens.append("_performance")
Exception: config.per_frame_screens is not a known configuration variable.
NaomiLuvsU
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vincanity » Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 pm

nnnddt wrote:Could we have the link for the patreon ?

Pretty sure the Patreon page won't be up until July... Was planning to drop an update in June to build the hype back up, then launch Patreon whilst all eyes are back on the game. Smart move!!
Vincanity
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Vincanity wrote:
nnnddt wrote:Could we have the link for the patreon ?

Pretty sure the Patreon page won't be up until July... Was planning to drop an update in June to build the hype back up, then launch Patreon whilst all eyes are back on the game. Smart move!!

Incorrect.

I intend to drop the page and update in the next few days hopefully.

The error mentioned above... I've not a clue.

I do know that renpy has seen quite a few updates since this was first created. I really should bother to bring the entire thing into the latest renpy. I'm sure there have been bugfixes in the five years since I started this.

That might be the next thing I try...
ryanshowseason3
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game