Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.04

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.02

Postby SputnikDX » Thu May 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Great game, great promise.

You probably don't have this in already due to balancing, but why not allow digestion to be an automatic thing after vore, as in you can just walk around and be digesting them? Sitting there and just digesting is so cliche, and it's especially noticeable how the bulge goes from full to nothing in an instant is pretty weird. Will future versions have a more detailed digesting animation, where the bulge gradually decreases instead of all at once?
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 am

Great work so far, enjoy the sound implemented, just a small problem at top of ladders that I can see, its hard to move once you're at the top, maybe make it so you can jump off the ladder at top or something. Other than that controls are great, almost too easy to devour enemies.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 am

There is one problem. If you manage to escape after a snake eats you, it will vanish
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri May 10, 2013 1:46 am

carlj wrote:Version 0.02 is up!

Check it out and tell me what you think ;)

Anyway since i have to find a new job and im starting tomorrow, if everything goes well im not be able to work on this project as freely i am now, don't worry though. Even if i find a job in those days ill probably work on it a bit during the evening, but if someone here want to help me ill really appreciate it.

Ill try to think a way to turn the snakes in something else with the same pattern, im deciding right now if turning them in nagas or amazons.

I vote nagas. They're the best monstergirl next to harpies.

Also, when you say amazons, do you mean big women, or just like wild women?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 am

NekoYuki wrote:its nice~ i think the snakes need a shrinking bulge once you digest,

anyway bug spot: the snake digestign sound loops over nado ve,r even when youre free or respawned

Fixed.

That would require more sprite work, and ill have to do it for every single enemy, you can tell by the character digestion animation that it's not easy to make a smooth digestion animation and maintain the sprite details, it could be a nice touch but it require time for that.

EmissaryOfRainbows wrote:I really like the new version. However, some background music is a must

Can't think of anything to go with this game, any suggestion?

SputnikDX wrote:Great game, great promise.

You probably don't have this in already due to balancing, but why not allow digestion to be an automatic thing after vore, as in you can just walk around and be digesting them? Sitting there and just digesting is so cliche, and it's especially noticeable how the bulge goes from full to nothing in an instant is pretty weird. Will future versions have a more detailed digesting animation, where the bulge gradually decreases instead of all at once?

I made the digestion action for game balance. Future enemies are flying enemies that close on the character, can pass trough solids and keep spawning (a little fairy house that spawn fairies it's my idea), and since you have to stop to digest your prey you are vulnerable to enemies and going around full make you an easy target and limit your movement. Future room will also have lots of enemis that block your path and you have to choose which one to eat and which one to kill (eating monsters is the only way to regain your health).

I tried to slow down that animation, ill see how it goes on the next release.

vore2412 wrote:Great work so far, enjoy the sound implemented, just a small problem at top of ladders that I can see, its hard to move once you're at the top, maybe make it so you can jump off the ladder at top or something. Other than that controls are great, almost too easy to devour enemies.

That's becouse the character collide with the solid object of the platform, can't find a way to fix this so i made a longer ladder so you can safely strafe on the platform. Ill think of something later.

EmissaryOfRainbows wrote:There is one problem. If you manage to escape after a snake eats you, it will vanish

Well if you burst out of someone stomach i don't think he survive right? Besides since the enemies AI is to eat the charachter when she has a precise amount of health remaining it'll just eat you right away as he respawn in your position.

Schpadoinkle wrote:I vote nagas. They're the best monstergirl next to harpies.

Also, when you say amazons, do you mean big women, or just like wild women?

Aren't the same thing? I mean amazons are wild women right? Anyway just regular size women. Ill make small nagas for enemies instead of the snakes then. Bigger ones can be used for something else (boss?).
carlj
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri May 10, 2013 3:56 pm

carlj wrote:Aren't the same thing? I mean amazons are wild women right? Anyway just regular size women. Ill make small nagas for enemies instead of the snakes then. Bigger ones can be used for something else (boss?).

Well, that's what I meant. Some people make them 8+ feet tall or something, so I was curious.

And if you do make them bosses, here's hoping you can eat someone that large~ :gulp:
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 am

Schpadoinkle wrote:
carlj wrote:Aren't the same thing? I mean amazons are wild women right? Anyway just regular size women. Ill make small nagas for enemies instead of the snakes then. Bigger ones can be used for something else (boss?).

Well, that's what I meant. Some people make them 8+ feet tall or something, so I was curious.

And if you do make them bosses, here's hoping you can eat someone that large~ :gulp:

Strange you said that.... :wink:

News time: still haven't found a new job, so ill still work nomally on this project.

Made some changes, maybe Tomorrow ill make the version 0.03:

- Changed the snakes into mini nagas, same AI pattern.

- Made amazon enemy, she chase you around in a limited range, can eat you if your health is at least 75%, you need to struggle more to get out but she digest slower.

- Made a progress mark so you can go to the next room (this one was harder and took me some hours to figure it out how to do it)

I still have to found some good background music to go with a jungle themed level. Ill keep searching tomorrow.
carlj
Participator

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.03

Postby carlj » Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 am

Version 0.03 is up!
Tell me what you think so far :)
carlj
Participator

Postby Themastermushroom » Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 am

is going very well, i like it, if need help with a story line, tell me and i create a story line to write^_^
Themastermushroom
Participator

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Sun May 12, 2013 2:19 pm

How do you enter the second area? I killed everyone and it didn't work
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BellyOfTheBitch » Sun May 12, 2013 6:13 pm

LOVE the amazon, and feeding her. :gulp:

But, yeah, can't figure out how to get to the second room either
BellyOfTheBitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby BloodyMarie » Sun May 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Last edited by BloodyMarie on Thu May 03, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodyMarie
Somewhat familiar

Postby BellyOfTheBitch » Sun May 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah, seems like the only way to get to the second room is to not die at all in the first
BellyOfTheBitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 pm

BellyOfTheBitch wrote:Yeah, seems like the only way to get to the second room is to not die at all in the first

Ah, I see. Thanks
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Sun May 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Feel free to say no, but is there any way I can get the basic gamemaker file to see how you make things work in Game Maker? I've been fiddling around with it a little and would like to understand it better so I can try tossing together some interesting game ideas as well...

I've got a pitcher plant that will consume a girl in one of those "catch the apple" type games set up thus far, but it's still extremely basic and fritzes if I try to have more than one "girl
ouphe
Participator

Postby carlj » Mon May 13, 2013 6:25 am

EmissaryOfRainbows wrote:How do you enter the second area? I killed everyone and it didn't work

BellyOfTheBitch wrote:LOVE the amazon, and feeding her. :gulp:

But, yeah, can't figure out how to get to the second room either

BloodyMarie wrote:I played for a bit. On my initial playthrough I was unable to get into the second room. Though I had killed the last enemy by bursting out of their stomach.

I played another round, and killed the last enemy normally. A sign popped up next to the door and I was able to pass through.

Not sure if I just got lucky or that's a bug, though.

Fixed, there was a problem with the variable "enemy_count" not resetting if the room restarted, so i resetted the variable everytime a room end. That should work.

ouphe wrote:Feel free to say no, but is there any way I can get the basic gamemaker file to see how you make things work in Game Maker? I've been fiddling around with it a little and would like to understand it better so I can try tossing together some interesting game ideas as well...

I've got a pitcher plant that will consume a girl in one of those "catch the apple" type games set up thus far, but it's still extremely basic and fritzes if I try to have more than one "girl

Sure, but be aware i haven't commented nothing in it, so it could be hard to understand on the first look.
Also im using the demo version of Game Maker 8.1 (planning to buy the pro version at some point, when i have more money), if you are using older versions you'll not open the file. So before i send it to you check if your Game Maker is version 8.1. Also i would love to make a plant girl at some point, so we can so how your plant works.

Last night i got an idea to implement my next enemy, CATGIRLS :D
Ill make her like the "Twomp" from super mario (or whatever their name is), she'll stay stationary on the background (planning to stay her on a tree branch) whenever you are below her she'll drop on you and eat you instantly, if she fail she'll "ninja vanish" away and return to her original spot. You can try to kill (or eat) her when she's on the ground before she disappear.
Whattayouthink? >.>
carlj
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 am

A nice little game so far and the sound-effects are suitable.

But a little thing that bothers me...
Is it possible to stop the movement animation of the character, if she doesn't move a bit on the ladder and start it only when she really moves?

And perhaps for the future a little expansion on the enemy-animations...
I think it would be look even better with a short swallowing-sequence, i know that this will also take more time for every enemy.

carlj wrote:Last night i got an idea to implement my next enemy, CATGIRLS :D
Ill make her like the "Twomp" from super mario (or whatever their name is), she'll stay stationary on the background (planning to stay her on a tree branch) whenever you are below her she'll drop on you and eat you instantly, if she fail she'll "ninja vanish" away and return to her original spot. You can try to kill (or eat) her when she's on the ground before she disappear.
Whattayouthink? >.>
"ninja vanish" :D
So we are getting ninja catgirls! *,.*
That would be the first time i see one of that kind, i really look foward to it!
A thumbs up for ninja catgirls! ;_;
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby questionabletaste » Mon May 13, 2013 10:43 am

Sure, but be aware i haven't commented nothing in it, so it could be hard to understand on the first look.
Also im using the demo version of Game Maker 8.1 (planning to buy the pro version at some point, when i have more money), if you are using older versions you'll not open the file. So before i send it to you check if your Game Maker is version 8.1. Also i would love to make a plant girl at some point, so we can so how your plant works.

I'd be interested in getting a look at the file, too
questionabletaste
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon May 13, 2013 2:46 pm

carlj wrote:
EmissaryOfRainbows wrote:Last night i got an idea to implement my next enemy, CATGIRLS :D
Whattayouthink? >.>

Sounds neat~.

Also I have a bug for you. If an enemy swallows you while you're busy swallowing another enemy they'll enter their digestion animation and you'll be teleported away a little bit. You'll be in full control of your character, but you can still struggle. And when you "Break out" a second copy of your character appears where the enemy was, and you can control them both.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby replicated » Mon May 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Found a few errors, to include not seeming able to progress to the second room if you die in the first at all, terrain collisions in fall for both player and amazon, player sprite still being displayed if you were currently eating something and get eaten yourself (odd standing there watching yourself get digested inside the girl in front of you xD), and finally, this:

Spoiler: show
for object obj_amazon_right:

Error in code at line 1:
distance = abs( x - obj_vore_leftt.x )
^
at position 21: Unknown variable obj_vore_leftt

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

It happened when I was in the second room, had a couple amazons down in the low area by the entrance, and ate one from the ledge above with the other right there as well.

Edit: I couldn't get it to replicate, but at one point, in the first room, I was hitting x midair while the amazon was falling down towards me, and I fell right through the floor and off the screen. o.o
replicated
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game