Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.04

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.03

Postby e2s86 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 pm

digestion time is a bit too long
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Not bad, actually, really good, I can't wait to see how far this goes... ^^
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby ouphe » Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm

In a fit of humor I was pondering catgirl/elfgirl as some of the potential victims in mine. I'm using GameMaker 8.1 Demo version as well, so trial&error plus past experience with RPG Maker games should keep me a-ok regarding figuring out what does/did what.
Thank you in advance! When I consider some of my test game to be acceptable (so when it stops freezing up everytime I try to change a behavior) I'll post a pre-alpha around here as well. ^.^
ouphe
Participator

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.035

Postby carlj » Tue May 14, 2013 6:44 am

Version 0.035 is up!

Lawrence Craft wrote:A nice little game so far and the sound-effects are suitable.But a little thing that bothers me...Is it possible to stop the movement animation of the character, if she doesn't move a bit on the ladder and start it only when she really moves?And perhaps for the future a little expansion on the enemy-animations...I think it would be look even better with a short swallowing-sequence, i know that this will also take more time for every enemy.

Game Maker is a bit of an asshole when it comes to animations, the only way i could find to stop the animation at the right time si playing around with Alarms and calculate how many steps it takes to finish the animation, also the animation keep going when on ladder make me think of the old NES games (or maybe im too lazy to figure out a solution for that XD). As for enemy swallow-animation.....could do it but i have a wole game to code first so im focusing on that. Maybe you can help if you want. :)

Lawrence Craft wrote:"ninja vanish" :D
So we are getting ninja catgirls! *,.*
That would be the first time i see one of that kind, i really look foward to it!
A thumbs up for ninja catgirls! ;_;

I always pictured catgirls as the sneaky type or predator (like all the feline type animals in nature), but the "ninja vanish" it probably make more sense then make her float back up to the branch no? XD

Schpadoinkle wrote:Also I have a bug for you. If an enemy swallows you while you're busy swallowing another enemy they'll enter their digestion animation and you'll be teleported away a little bit. You'll be in full control of your character, but you can still struggle. And when you "Break out" a second copy of your character appears where the enemy was, and you can control them both.

Fixed. Saw it too and it was a problem on the difference between left and right i made for the main character, it's already in the version 0.035.

replicated wrote:Found a few errors, to include not seeming able to progress to the second room if you die in the first at all, terrain collisions in fall for both player and amazon, player sprite still being displayed if you were currently eating something and get eaten yourself (odd standing there watching yourself get digested inside the girl in front of you xD), and finally, this:

Spoiler: show
for object obj_amazon_right:

Error in code at line 1:
distance = abs( x - obj_vore_leftt.x )
^
at position 21: Unknown variable obj_vore_leftt

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

Error in code at line 1:
^

It happened when I was in the second room, had a couple amazons down in the low area by the entrance, and ate one from the ledge above with the other right there as well.

Edit: I couldn't get it to replicate, but at one point, in the first room, I was hitting x midair while the amazon was falling down towards me, and I fell right through the floor and off the screen. o.o

Fixed that too. It was just a typing error, my bad. As for the second one i have no idea how it could happen, i made so you can't do actions while in midair and you shouldn't be able to fall down becouse of the collision event on the solids blocks.
Try this version and see if you can replicate it.

e2s86 wrote:digestion time is a bit too long

It will come to play later.

ouphe wrote:In a fit of humor I was pondering catgirl/elfgirl as some of the potential victims in mine. I'm using GameMaker 8.1 Demo version as well, so trial&error plus past experience with RPG Maker games should keep me a-ok regarding figuring out what does/did what.
Thank you in advance! When I consider some of my test game to be acceptable (so when it stops freezing up everytime I try to change a behavior) I'll post a pre-alpha around here as well. ^.^

questionabletaste wrote:

Sure, but be aware i haven't commented nothing in it, so it could be hard to understand on the first look.
Also im using the demo version of Game Maker 8.1 (planning to buy the pro version at some point, when i have more money), if you are using older versions you'll not open the file. So before i send it to you check if your Game Maker is version 8.1. Also i would love to make a plant girl at some point, so we can so how your plant works.

I'd be interested in getting a look at the file, too

Very well then, ill send you both a copy of my Game Maker file, and tell me what you think.

Now for the future, ImaginaryZ asked me this:

"Game maker has the ability to load sprites from external files, like gmspr files or gif files. If you could make it so that enemies could be loaded externally, or at least have it where people can select a AI and load in graphics for it, then anyone could add more critters and such... IT can also load scripts externally, so enemy data could be in script files, and graphics in gif/sprite files. :D"

I can try it but maybe it'll take a while, maybe the catgirl can wait for a bit.
carlj
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

It would also be cool, to customized the appearance of our character. ^^
Turbotowns
???

Postby ouphe » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Looking through the stuff now, I understand just about all of the code, though I'll need to play with it to make sure I didn't miss some hidden variable marker. Thank you!
Interesting stuff will eventually show up from me XD I promise!
ouphe
Participator

Postby SputnikDX » Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 am

This is a request, and you can ignore it if you'd like, but I just really an fond of the idea of digestion being an automatic process: something that doesn't require me to sit down and concentrate on. I know you added a digestion button for balance, but how about a compromise?

Digestion is automatic. It is, however, incredibly slow. When you hit the digestion button, you stop, sit, and the digestion speeds up greatly. Sound cool?
Again, it's more of a request than anything. I don't hold anything against you if you choose not to do it.
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Wed May 15, 2013 4:34 am

SputnikDX wrote:This is a request, and you can ignore it if you'd like, but I just really an fond of the idea of digestion being an automatic process: something that doesn't require me to sit down and concentrate on. I know you added a digestion button for balance, but how about a compromise?

Digestion is automatic. It is, however, incredibly slow. When you hit the digestion button, you stop, sit, and the digestion speeds up greatly. Sound cool?
Again, it's more of a request than anything. I don't hold anything against you if you choose not to do it.

I can understand your point. Especially when fighting multiple enemies.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby carlj » Wed May 15, 2013 6:39 am

Turbotowns wrote:It would also be cool, to customized the appearance of our character. ^^

Hell no! That would require a HUGE amount of added sprites just for the character. This isn't a game yet, let me finish it up first then we can talk about expanding some stuff, ok?
Maybe when im done with ImaginaryZ request you can make your own character sprite for it.

ouphe wrote:Looking through the stuff now, I understand just about all of the code, though I'll need to play with it to make sure I didn't miss some hidden variable marker. Thank you!
Interesting stuff will eventually show up from me XD I promise!

Good for you! :)

NekoYuki wrote:
SputnikDX wrote:This is a request, and you can ignore it if you'd like, but I just really an fond of the idea of digestion being an automatic process: something that doesn't require me to sit down and concentrate on. I know you added a digestion button for balance, but how about a compromise?

I can understand your point. Especially when fighting multiple enemies.

"Sigh" is really bothering that much? I can think of something to make the digestion automatic but REALLY slow, but you still have to go trough the digestion animation to finish it, becouse that's how it is implemented right now and changing the whole digestion implementation code would be a pain. In fact the whole "stayin stationary while digesting" way was to make fighting multiple enemies harder.

Anyway im tired of calling the player "character" what do you think is the best name for her?
carlj
Participator

Postby Maexam2 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:47 am

How about, Hanon? Or, maybe Mikaru? SheShe? Mimi?
What do you think of those names?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Camlio420 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:35 am

Samantha or "Sam" sounds like a nice generic name for the hungry lady.
"Destiny, Fate, Dreams, These unstoppable ideals are imbedded deep into the hearts of man. As long as there are people who seek freedom in this life, these things will never vanish from the earth." - The King of the Pirates, Gold Roger
Camlio420
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Camlio420 wrote:Samantha or "Sam" sounds like a nice generic name for the hungry lady.
Yeah. But I thik it sounds to ordinary. There are many names, like the ones I suggested, that are uncommon and that are good ones. In my opinion.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sat May 18, 2013 4:46 am

... How about Hikari?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby carlj » Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 am

My genius plan of distracting you about the character name has worked pretty much well.
Hopefully tomorrow you'll see the new release, thanks to the help of ImaginaryZ the game now load the sprites externally so if you can edit "gmspr" files on your own you can change the srpites of the player and the enemies, he also made an enemy that'll put in (all credit goes to ImaginaryZ).

P.S.: I like Mimi for some reason, it sound cute :D

Edit: sorry but for today no update, ImaginaryZ came out with some good scripting that i could use to make things more interesting, so ill working on it for a bit, don't worry though it's coming :)
carlj
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 21, 2013 11:45 am

carlj wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:It would also be cool, to customized the appearance of our character. ^^

Hell no! That would require a HUGE amount of added sprites just for the character. This isn't a game yet, let me finish it up first then we can talk about expanding some stuff, ok?
Maybe when im done with ImaginaryZ request you can make your own character sprite for it.

ok, ok, sorry. ^^;
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Maybe the enemy's could eat each other as well? sorry if i'm a bother, or if someone already suggested this.
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Wed May 22, 2013 6:16 am

I think you guys should have an explanation about the dealy of the update, i had a few problems about some things i wanted to add:

- SputnikDX request was granted and i tried to made the digestion an automatic but slow process, it turned out it screwed the digestion object the player turns on when pressing x while full. I still haven't found a solution for that.
- Wanted to remade the Amazon scripts that chase the player around into a more compact and more readeable script, it screwed up her entire range detection and now she chase the player everywhere no matter the distance.

I asked ImaginaryZ for help, he gladly accepted but he's going to be on a vacation for a week so i don't know when those issues will be solved, in the meanwhile ill just make more sprites or even improve some of the current ones, another version is essentially ready but it won't involve automatic digestion.

Turbotowns: Don't be sorry it was just a question, in this next version there'll be external loading sprites so if you feel creative you can change them (if you know how to change .gmspr files). Also the enemy made by ImaginaryZ CAN eat other enemies, when ill study his scripts a little more in the future more enemies will have this features :)

Edit: Apparently my Game Maker went full retarded, now he can't see the difference between a 100 and a 0. Let me explain in order to make a decrasing bar for the digestion i need to variables: max_digestion (setted at 100) and digestion (setted to 0 when the object is created), apparently even if removed the automatic digestion feature that caused it to be screwed it looks if i test :
Code: Select all
if ( digestion == max_digestion)

to start the animation end of the digestion object for him digestion is already equal to max_digestion, which doesn't make sense becouse i stated both of them when the object is created on their original values. It's driving me crazy how pissed i am right now for this bullshit....sorry for the language...
carlj
Participator

Postby carlj » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am

New update! Grab it while it's hot :)
Figured out the problem with the retarded control over the digestion, came out it was a conflict with some alarms setted on other objects.
I tested the game enough but there'll probably be some bugs in it, one i know is that if an enemy eat you and a dinocroc eat the enemy and digest it the player disappear, have to really search deep in Imaginaryz scripts to find a solution.
Anyway tell me what you think. :)

P.S.: The catgirls will be present in the next update don't worry. :wink:
carlj
Participator

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.04

Postby 8Shapes4Colors » Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 am

Perhaps some new screenshots on the coverpost might do some well?

Also, likin' the game so far. Keep it up! Also, ask Z lots of questions, he likes that kind of stuff.
Treat everyone else with more respect than you treat yourself and only the foolish will call you selfish.
-Something I made up on the fly
8Shapes4Colors
Somewhat familiar

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.04

Postby Zade » Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 am

not normally one to make suggestions (since any are likely to get lost in the slew of OTHER people suggesting things)

but anyway to add a digestion animation to the baddies? a lil gurgle before the stage resets
Zade
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game