Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.04

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.04

Postby carlj » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 am

Since i found the lack of vore platformers in this comunity disturbing i decided to make one by myself.

It's made with Game Maker.

Controls:

Arrow key: move, climb the ladder

Space: jump

Z: energy attack (or belch attack if full)

X: grab (or start digestion if full)

When eaten by an enemy use Arrow Keys to struggle and get out.

I know it's not much right now but i hope to get some feedback to how to improve it and what can i add in the future. (Though soft vore is probably the only type of vore ill put in it)

Version 0.02
- Added most sound effect. Probably add more during the game development
- Fixed the gravity problem on the laddder
- Added a (very lame) menù screen and a start button
- Increased size of rooms for future level designs

Version 0.03
-Added a cool background music (it's from an NES game called "Athena").
-Added a second room (now to progress you have to kill (or eat) all enemies in a room).
-The snakes are now Mini Nagas.
-Added Amazon, she chase you and she's tougher than Mini Nagas.

Version 0.035
-Fixed problem with the enemy_count variable not resetting between waves, preventing to not trigger the change room mark.
-Added a quite nice background.
-Added a not so nice tree tileset (made by me, derp)

Version 0.04
- Now all sprites load externally, so people can mode them whenever they want (files are in .gmspr to handle bounding boxes as well)
- New enemy made by ImaginaryZ, the Dinocroc, has a LOT of hp and can also eat other enemies, but you can't eat him (for now)
- Added 2 more rooms.
- Digestion is now twice as fast, this to compensate the non automatic digestion factor i still haven't added.

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/4058706265/ ... 200.04.rar
Attachments
HGA Screen 1.png
The Room
HGA Screen 2.png
Grab successfull
HGA Screen 3.png
Full girl
HGA Screen 4.png
Digesting your prey
HGA Screen 5.png
Bad ending
Last edited by carlj on Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
carlj
Participator

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure

Postby Monopolus » Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Looking very cool so far ^.^ I like all of the animations. Can't wait for the sound.
Monopolus
???

Postby AeroBlaze » Tue May 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Seems to already have alot of Doors open for new Things..I cant wait to See this Develop Even more.
AeroBlaze
Somewhat familiar

Postby BellyOfTheBitch » Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 pm

The animations are great! The lack of sound is honestly all right in my opinion.

What would I like to see? Maybe human enemies. You could base them on the main character sprite to save time.
BellyOfTheBitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby Schpadoinkle » Tue May 07, 2013 1:25 pm

BellyOfTheBitch wrote:The animations are great! The lack of sound is honestly all right in my opinion.

What would I like to see? Maybe human enemies. You could base them on the main character sprite to save time.

Yeah. Definitely need some humans in there. Monstergirls like harpies and nagas would be great too, though.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aickavon12 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:12 pm

loook very promising
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Daniel092004 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Definitely a lot of promise. I like the simple, yet detailed look of the main character, and the animation is smooth.
Daniel092004
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rathe » Tue May 07, 2013 6:21 pm

It' very impressive for a week's work!

I'm sure you're aware of this, but the ladder physics need some work. I'd recommend requiring the up button to be held to climb (right now you start climbing automatically by touching a ladder in mid-air), and stopping the girl from sliding down when she's not climbing in a direction - it doesn't really make any sense, and not being able to stand on toy of the ladder without falling makes traversing with them kinda silly.

But the other mechanics seemed very smooth for a pre-alpha. Keep it up! :wink:
Rathe
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreSkeeter » Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 am

Very awesome.
''Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.''

Dylan Thomas
VoreSkeeter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Camlio420 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:42 am

The problem isn't the lack of vore platformers, it's the sad lack of ones where you can actually be the predator. Here's hoping that your game becomes the driving force that changes this sad trend.
"Destiny, Fate, Dreams, These unstoppable ideals are imbedded deep into the hearts of man. As long as there are people who seek freedom in this life, these things will never vanish from the earth." - The King of the Pirates, Gold Roger
Camlio420
Somewhat familiar

Postby mephistoVII » Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 am

I like it. It's very interesting! Will wait for more :D
mephistoVII
Participator

Postby carlj » Wed May 08, 2013 7:09 am

Monopolus wrote:Looking very cool so far ^.^ I like all of the animations. Can't wait for the sound.

Daniel092004 wrote:Definitely a lot of promise. I like the simple, yet detailed look of the main character, and the animation is smooth.

Thanks :), even though in some animations i went a bit lazy becouse i had to modify an already built sprite of a female model pixel by pixel, you can tell that only the walking, stand and jump sprites are a bit different from the Others.

BellyOfTheBitch wrote:The animations are great! The lack of sound is honestly all right in my opinion.

Schpadoinkle wrote:Yeah. Definitely need some humans in there. Monstergirls like harpies and nagas would be great too, though.

I was planning to had Nagas and Harpies, even Fairies but humans? Well since i thought about a jungle stage i could work around some "amazonian" girls, or if someone is willing to help i can send him my sprite sheet and can help me making other enemies. Making sprites is harder than you think. :(

Rathe wrote:It' very impressive for a week's work!

I'm sure you're aware of this, but the ladder physics need some work. I'd recommend requiring the up button to be held to climb (right now you start climbing automatically by touching a ladder in mid-air), and stopping the girl from sliding down when she's not climbing in a direction - it doesn't really make any sense, and not being able to stand on toy of the ladder without falling makes traversing with them kinda silly.

But the other mechanics seemed very smooth for a pre-alpha. Keep it up! :wink:

Yea....i know. It's probably a contrast effect with the gravity in a step event, i decided to leave it be for now, ill look it up later and see what i can do. Ill leave the animation running when she's on a ladder though, it'll make easier to know where you can climb (like vines).

Camlio420 wrote:The problem isn't the lack of vore platformers, it's the sad lack of ones where you can actually be the predator. Here's hoping that your game becomes the driving force that changes this sad trend.

I know right? But it's probably becouse it's hard to figure out a way to balance the game when you are the pred and especially how to handle the "vore" part. For istance i decided that when you are full you can't perform some actions (like climbing) and you move slower and jump less high and your "attack" is higher and can't hit smaller enemies (like the snakes). Anyway thanks for your appreciation guys :)

Ill keep trying to work and add more stuff by myself but any help from you can speed up things quite a bit, like if you are willing to make a sprite for an enemy or try to design some rooms or even making a story for it, ill really appreciate your help.

Now up to add some sounds and making a menù screen.
carlj
Participator

Postby DjConnorJ » Wed May 08, 2013 8:48 am

I love it :D ^^;
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 pm

I like it. It could use some sound though. Any idea when you'll update it next?
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby clone4000 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:20 pm

This has some potential. I'm enjoying your work so far.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Wed May 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Definitely has potential, keep working on it! Maybe make a one shot, upgraded energy attack for after the enemy is digested? (coughs up bones at them perhaps)
No worries, I don't bite~
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 pm

carlj wrote:I was planning to had Nagas and Harpies, even Fairies but humans? Well since i thought about a jungle stage i could work around some "amazonian" girls, or if someone is willing to help i can send him my sprite sheet and can help me making other enemies. Making sprites is harder than you think. :(

I don't know about the other guy, but as long as there's some humanoid/monster-girl/demi people for me to eat I'll be perfectly happy. Personally I don't like animals in vore.

But that's just my opinion. Make the game the way you want.

(Would be kinda funny to slurp in their tail when you eat a naga, but that would be more work than you'd probably wanna do)
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Thu May 09, 2013 7:46 am

Version 0.02 is up!

Check it out and tell me what you think ;)

Anyway since i have to find a new job and im starting tomorrow, if everything goes well im not be able to work on this project as freely i am now, don't worry though. Even if i find a job in those days ill probably work on it a bit during the evening, but if someone here want to help me ill really appreciate it.

Ill try to think a way to turn the snakes in something else with the same pattern, im deciding right now if turning them in nagas or amazons.
carlj
Participator

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.02

Postby NekoYuki » Thu May 09, 2013 2:02 pm

its nice~ i think the snakes need a shrinking bulge once you digest,

anyway bug spot: the snake digestign sound loops over nado ve,r even when youre free or respawned
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Re: Hungry Girl Adventure Ver: 0.02

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 pm

I really like the new version. However, some background music is a must
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game