Card Quest 2

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Card Quest 2

Postby VoreNut » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Huh... Almost seemed like a character from Ranma1/2 or another anime Akane. If I'm mistaken, then oh well...
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lawrence Craft » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 pm

VoreNut wrote:Huh... Almost seemed like a character from Ranma1/2 or another anime Akane. If I'm mistaken, then oh well...

Hum...
Do you mean Akane Tendo?
If yes, the only mutuality is the name Akane, but the character looks completely different.

Even if Camel used the name of a manga or anime character, as long he has designed the appearance completely itself, this should be considered as original character (OC).
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreNut » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Makes sense to me Lawrence... *Steals your giant apple* Yoink!
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby danielwain » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 pm

PaulaDeen wrote:
danielwain wrote:Well, I did a full translation of the game and posted it over at ULMF a while ago. Not perfect, but I guess you could use it. Should the links cease working you can just go over to ULMF and download it there.
http://www.filedropper.com/patch_7

rika wrote:
danielwain wrote:Well, I did a full translation of the game and posted it over at ULMF a while ago. Not perfect, but I guess you could use it. Should the links cease working you can just go over to ULMF and download it there.
http://www.filedropper.com/patch_7
Awesome! Trying it out now. For anyone who doesn't know, just put the downloaded patch in the folder with game .exe file and it patches automatically. Look at the bottom of this page for more info. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26419&page=6

I tried the filedropper link, and it's broken. It just autodirects you to the homepage.

And I tried the link on the ULMF, but...while I can download the file just fine, when I try to open it, it just gives me an error saying "The compressed file is invalid."

Never even heard of an error like that before. It's extremely frustrating. I'd post over on the ULMF, but their account validation function is apparently still completely broken after seven months, so I can't get an activation email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really at the end of my rope, here.

Damn, sorry for the late reply... First, as mentioned before, you're not supposed to open the file. You couldn't even open it without extracting it first, but there's no need to open it. You just put the file into the directory where the .exe and data.xp3 are located, it should automatically replace any Japanese characters with the translation. Maybe that's the source of the error you mentioned? If not I'd need a slightly more detailed explanation of what you did, though it sounds as if you overlooked that part. Well, if it doesn't work you can just answer and we'll figure something out.
danielwain
New to the forum

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat May 07, 2016 4:25 am

The game was updated. Seems like there are at least two more bosses that you can lose to. One with a huge gourd, and a ghost like boss.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Skeiron » Sat May 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! I did not expect content additions to the game so long after release, so I was pleasantly surprised.

By the way, I tested it with the English translation patch.xp3 done by danielwain, and the new content of the update does not actually show up in the menu until you move the patch.xp3 file out of the folder (or delete it). Something to consider if someone is wondering why it doesn't work :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scorpi » Sun May 08, 2016 12:35 am

I thought i would try this game and i'm having trouble understanding how to apply the patch. I put the patch.xp3 into the folder where i have exe file. But how do i actually patch it?

Ps: Is the file suppose to be only 205 kb?
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:38 am

so.. what are the new boss scenes with this update? anything worth mentioning?
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mrcake413 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:08 am

Dangit. I rebought the game just to download it and apply the patch, but the patch posted above is 13.2 gb....the Card Quest 2 game itself is only 120-140mb....super sketch, and I don't trust it. Am I the only one seeing that the patch is MASSIVE size wise? Huge red flag O.o it also has files like memchanger and physx (nvidia drivers) what the heck?

Downloaded it from the other forum and it is only 200kb....but that torrent link is 13.2 frigging gigabytes....what the heck is going on?
mrcake413
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Wed May 11, 2016 6:41 am

Scorpi wrote:I thought i would try this game and i'm having trouble understanding how to apply the patch. I put the patch.xp3 into the folder where i have exe file. But how do i actually patch it?

Ps: Is the file suppose to be only 205 kb?

As far as I know, there is no patch file to get the new content. Just download the original game from the site, it will be up to date with the new content. The only patch.xp3 file I am aware of is an unofficial english translation patch, which is not up to date with the new content. If you have the patch.xp3 file in the folder, the new content will not be visible.

mrcake413 wrote:Dangit. I rebought the game just to download it and apply the patch, but the patch posted above is 13.2 gb....the Card Quest 2 game itself is only 120-140mb....super sketch, and I don't trust it. Am I the only one seeing that the patch is MASSIVE size wise? Huge red flag O.o it also has files like memchanger and physx (nvidia drivers) what the heck?

Downloaded it from the other forum and it is only 200kb....but that torrent link is 13.2 frigging gigabytes....what the heck is going on?

That must be an incorrect download. Just download the game from the site again, it should be around 160mb and it automatically comes with the new update. Also, you do not need to buy the game over and over again if there is an update. When you buy it on your account, you can just download it again for free at any time.

player1 wrote:so.. what are the new boss scenes with this update? anything worth mentioning?

There are 2 new game over scenes and they are quite aypical vore.
The first game over scene has an ogre trickster trapping you inside a magical gourd, which is a stomach on the inside.
The second scene has you and your new acquaintance absorbed through the skin into the stomach of a mist-type ghost spirit.

This puts the game at 14 game over scenes with a large variety of vore types. Well worth picking up if you are a fan of F/F vore.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scorpi » Wed May 11, 2016 4:50 pm

I wasn't asking about new content. I read there was a translation to english and i thought i had downloaded that one and i was asking how to apply the translation patch.
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lawrence Craft » Wed May 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Scorpi wrote:I wasn't asking about new content. I read there was a translation to english and i thought i had downloaded that one and i was asking how to apply the translation patch.

I'm sure, that was already explained somewhere...
Found, the search function is really a blessing. *cough* ;-)

rika wrote:For anyone who doesn't know, just put the downloaded patch in the folder with game .exe file and it patches automatically. Look at the bottom of this page for more info. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26419&page=6
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scorpi » Thu May 12, 2016 5:07 am

Yeah i know about that link and i read everything in there. I put the file into the same folder as the exe file. But it doesn't automaticlly apply the patch for me.
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby danielwain » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:54 am

Well, I still have all the translations and since my stuff at ulmf got taken down, I guess I'll upload it here. The folder contains three different folders, each containing patch.xp3 files, the name tells you what it's for. Doesn't contain any pictures or the like and should fall under fair use, I make no money off of it and the folders are useless without having the game itself. Standard game translates the standard game, no update, Update 1.11 translated the extra stage with the oni and Voiced translates a sample uploaded by the creator with voiced protagonist. As far as I heard, that should be fine, if it's not, just tell me and I'll take it down.

How to:
If you just have the standard game without update, copy patch.xp3 from the standard folder into the game folder and it should work, just like that. Don't put in patch3.xp3 from the update unless you have it installed. The patch2.xp3 is the same patch, you could also take that one without trouble, just don't put patch3.xp3 into a standard game folder.

If you have the updated version, put patch2.xp3 AND patch3.xp3 into the game folder, make sure you put both in. Only one of the patches works at a time. If you want to play the main game, remove patch3.xp3 from the folder, but don't delete it. If you want to play the extra story, put patch3.xp3 back into the folder. Don't try to load a safe you made while the update patch is active, that will only crash the game. You can load safes made in the main game while the update is active, but it won't be translated. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it would take a lot of hours on my part to fix this, compared to the 5 seconds the workaround takes you.

Voiced version has patch.xp3 as well, put that into the folder from the download and it should work. Don't try to put the patch.xp3 from this version into any other folder, that will only crash your game.

Voiced version (free)
http://dgallon.blog75.fc2.com/blog-entry-3648.html

Translations:
https://mega.nz/#!bN1CFQSL!T0d-r3fC68p1 ... miPnIWHzGE
danielwain
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game