The Bard's Song -v.06 patch up-

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Bard's Song -v.06 patch up-

Postby darknessblades » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:02 pm

at the dragons den it gets bugged and freezes the game when the "self proclamed hero died"
darknessblades
Participator

Postby TeamFortress2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:06 pm

I played the game for 2 min, the first person I talk to gets me to a dead end

It's the knight who wants to slay the dragon, You are stuck from the moment you talk to him...
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krono » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:23 pm

The Saint of Ravens wrote:Bard Song is on hold until I can finish some of my other large projects I have to work through. Depending on how long those take is how long it will be until I can get any work done on it.

Since this project seems to be fairly dead. Is there any chance we could just get the .rvproj2 file? That way we can manually debug what is already built.

I also get the bug with the dragon girl. After she eats the knight she moves to the left and gets stuck on a pile of bones which freezes the game.
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mike3031 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Could anyone post a working download to this thread? I sort of want to play it but can't because the download is bugged
mike3031
New to the forum

Postby Lawrence Craft » Tue May 17, 2016 1:42 pm

mike3031 wrote:Could anyone post a working download to this thread? I sort of want to play it but can't because the download is bugged

Bugged, in what way?
I tried it myself just now, without any problem.
The download itself, and the downloaded files are working like a charm.
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SeemsEdibleToMe » Tue May 17, 2016 5:49 pm

A few years late to the party, but I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing ride. I have nearly tried everything in this section of the board over the months, and The Bard's Song in particular stuck with me. Loving everything about it, from the concept (music and the role it plays in the game in defeating enemies & affecting the world/people around you) to the main character and his (witty) personality, the way the towns look/are designed, and of course the songs/tunes used. Everything is so neatly done and fits together really well, creating a really lively atmosphere and making it, in my opinion, feel as way more than 'just' a vore game. It's refreshing.

Not sure if the creator is still around these parts and/or will ever read this, but kudos to you. Here's hoping development on this game will be resumed some day or, if the chances of this happening are slim, someone else may be allowed to continue and further build upon the amazing work already in place.

PS. Had a small question. Bought a pickaxe for 2.000 golds or so that is used to gather materials (for the blacksmith I'm assuming) -- how does one use it, and/or where?
SeemsEdibleToMe
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deleteduser532 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Can someone explain to me why no matter how I approach the scene where the Dragon and the idiotic knight fight each other without the dialogue ending without the game freezing? I DO NOT want to hear that it was already mentioned! Just tell me how to fix this glare problem that arises no matter how I approach it.
Deleteduser532
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lawrence Craft » Mon May 23, 2016 2:03 pm

XNovus wrote:Can someone explain to me why no matter how I approach the scene where the Dragon and the idiotic knight fight each other without the dialogue ending without the game freezing?

Not at all, I think...
So far I remember should this problem get fixed with the next, not yet released, update of the game.

Menyra wrote:The bug you described has already been found, and will be fixed next patch, according to Saint of Ravens.
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FBnorman » Thu May 26, 2016 8:14 am

Does anybody know where i should go next after i feed this dog woman to this cat woman?
and everytime to speak to this guy within this video' the game freezes up after this beast woman eats him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4GVxJsPNlE
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby SeemsEdibleToMe » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:49 pm

Casual bump for good measure.

Any news on
The Saint of Ravens wrote:Bard Song is on hold until I can finish some of my other large projects I have to work through. Depending on how long those take is how long it will be until I can get any work done on it

or
Krono wrote:Since this project seems to be fairly dead. Is there any chance we could just get the .rvproj2 file? That way we can manually debug what is already built.

?
SeemsEdibleToMe
Been posting for a bit

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Krono wrote:
The Saint of Ravens wrote:Bard Song is on hold until I can finish some of my other large projects I have to work through. Depending on how long those take is how long it will be until I can get any work done on it.

Since this project seems to be fairly dead. Is there any chance we could just get the .rvproj2 file? That way we can manually debug what is already built.

I also get the bug with the dragon girl. After she eats the knight she moves to the left and gets stuck on a pile of bones which freezes the game.

The .rvproj2 file is universal. You can copy one from any other project.

Alternatively, just chuck this following sentence into a notepad document and save it as a .rvproj2:
RPGVXAce 1.02
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krono » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:02 pm

JustaLurkingPony wrote:
Krono wrote:

The .rvproj2 file is universal. You can copy one from any other project.

Alternatively, just chuck this following sentence into a notepad document and save it as a .rvproj2:
RPGVXAce 1.02

Ohh snap! How did I not realize this?! Thanks for letting me know!
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krono » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:44 pm

In any case, here's a quick fix for the dragoness encounter bug. :D

https://mega.nz/#!yRMQkCwS!L2TUOF1h_ure ... s8W077UbAo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 2quick4u » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Holy crap. Ty!
2quick4u
Participator

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:33 am

Krono wrote:Ohh snap! How did I not realize this?! Thanks for letting me know!

No problem :)

Normally some of the game files are encrypted to stop people from editing stuff, so usually you'll need to locate a decompiler on the Internet to modify them. This project wasn't though. Kinda surprised it didn't already have a .rvproj2 file in the game directory.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krono » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 pm

JustaLurkingPony wrote:
Krono wrote:Ohh snap! How did I not realize this?! Thanks for letting me know!

No problem :)

Normally some of the game files are encrypted to stop people from editing stuff, so usually you'll need to locate a decompiler on the Internet to modify them. This project wasn't though. Kinda surprised it didn't already have a .rvproj2 file in the game directory.

Yeah I have a decompiler too... so if anyone needs it, I'd be happy to share it as well.
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fsdbiu2346y8 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:30 am

I can't seem to find everything on that completion list from the OP, anyone completed the game 100% wanna' help out?
fsdbiu2346y8
Participator

Postby ntgtoowc » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:12 am

Is this coming back... ever? I'd really love to see it brought up into life again, it's much more detailed as a game than as a vore fetish, and I really enjoy that about it, and would love to see more.
ntgtoowc
New to the forum

Postby RC8015 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Oh damn, necro spotted. Dead for over 2 whole years from what I can see on the first look. Press X to doubt.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Black_Knight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:48 pm

*presses X to doubt* Objection! Mr. ntgtoowc, did I pronounce that right?. Was clearly not necro kicking this post but instead assisting in the failed necro attempt made on July 24 of 2017, ergo should be absolved of such scandalous charges of necro kicking a post at worst he was merely an accomplice!
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game