Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ravenous Dimension (Okami Vore RPG)

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:03 pm

I've never been much of a fan of Amaterasu as a predator, so there was practically no consideration for it when planning the story, and setting. Stereotypically, eating people seems much more a demon thing, whereas gods are more about simply purifying. Because of that, it makes sense to me that demons may try to eat Ammy, but I've always found it weirdly off when she's depicted as eating them.

Also, 95% of the reason I started the project in the first place was to satisfy my own itch for portraying Ammy as dog food, because of how rarely anybody draws it. Okami vore is rare enough as is, and most of which I see has Amaterasu as the predator. So, much like my reasoning for making Voremon (my response to there not being enough vore games that exclude humans), I conceived a game where Ammy's the target of ravenous monsters in order to fill that hole.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 pm

A bit of a problem I've noticed, particularly pertaining to the stuff that hasn't been released yet. I've been noticing an increase in inconsistent difficulty, particularly when it comes to boss fights. Some bosses just aren't turning out quite as tough as some earlier ones. This has been resulting from two major elements.

1: Gimmicks. To try keeping the battles interesting, I've been applying some sort of gimmick or other kinds of unique elements to most boss fights that make them stand out from the rest. Something that doesn't necessarily make them exceptionally difficult all the time, but simply presents the player with a slightly different sort of obstacle from what they've faced thus far. A couple examples being a boss that can toss Ammy into a cage that she needs to escape from before she can continue dishing out damage to the boss, and another that hits ultra hard but only attacks every other turn.

2: Character Customization. Once you've reached the second town, a lot more customization options start opening up. From then on, the equipment shops are stocked full of various weapons and armors that each provide their own variety of skills which allow the player to equip themselves with various abilities of their choosing. Naturally, as with most games, there are some skills that will be overall more useful than others, but at the same time bosses are sometimes geared towards very specific skills, such as one who's weak to being poisoned, and also casts a poison spell that can be reflected back at him if the player happens to have the right skill available. This means, especially as the game goes further and further, a boss which may be brutal for one player, may be a breeze for another depending on their personal choices of gear. And that's not even mentioning deciding which demon to have equipped, of which there are so far four (two mandatory, two secret). Of course, this'll have an increasing impact on difficulty as the game progresses, so we'll just have to wait and see how it effects the late game (if the late game is ever made).

Now, I don't plan on really changing the bosses I've made because of this. I'm happy with each and every one of them, and I do kind of like the idea of a battle either being a breeze, or being broken depending on the character build. It's simply something I've noticed. I also like how it may give the player an alternative option to grinding for EXP, as the ticket may just be a change in equipment.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Alastor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:41 am

The idea of the forest getting darker to represent time passing is a great idea. As for the encounter rate in the forest, the more enemies there are the easier the fights themselves should be. Since the challenge comes from the fact that there's a gauntlet of enemies attacking frequently, the actual fights should be easy with low EXP gained as a result. If you lower the encounter rate fights should be tougher but grant a larger EXP bonus to keep it balanced. I think the latter is more enjoyable, but unless the forest's geography stays really labyrinthine it may be too easy to run through with the lower encounter rate. At that point the time limit would have to be cut down drastically to keep the tension up.
Alastor
New to the forum

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Alastor wrote:The idea of the forest getting darker to represent time passing is a great idea. As for the encounter rate in the forest, the more enemies there are the easier the fights themselves should be. Since the challenge comes from the fact that there's a gauntlet of enemies attacking frequently, the actual fights should be easy with low EXP gained as a result. If you lower the encounter rate fights should be tougher but grant a larger EXP bonus to keep it balanced. I think the latter is more enjoyable, but unless the forest's geography stays really labyrinthine it may be too easy to run through with the lower encounter rate. At that point the time limit would have to be cut down drastically to keep the tension up.

Well when I say a lowered encounter rate, I mean by such a small amount that it would be nearly negligible. Like an increased average step count of 1.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:17 pm

I've been struggling to get Ravenous Dimension finished whenever I have the time to work on it, and the demo is like 99% complete. However, I'm struggling with something at the very last second. What skills I can utilize from the Brush God Kabegami.

I have two so far, and am trying to come up with two more. I've got a skill that'll allow the player to scale certain walls, and another that cuts the enemy encounter rate in half. I also would've liked to add one that doubles the encounter rate, but as of yet haven't found a way to do so. I'm wondering if anybody else has any ideas. Preferably skills that are passive, yet are things the player may not always want active for one reason or another. I'm open to any suggestions that may get the wheel turning, although I can't promise which ones I can or will use due to only needing two more, and RPG Maker limitations. Battle skills are also welcome if you can actually come up with any that would be applicable to Kabegami, but those are less likely to be used unless nothing else can be figured out.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jasamprn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Some kind of Force Ammy into 1hp at the start of a fight passive skill?
A skill that makes the oponents harder but gives more exp (if your using exp) for quick grinding?
A skill that makes them eaiser for people who are stuck?

Fraid thats all the creativity I have at this late hour ^-^'
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krono » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:55 pm

You could probably use trinkets or rings for those passive abilities. For example you would equip the "ring of luring" to increase the encounter rate. It would make it easier to code, just have the equipped item as the trigger for more/less enemies. Same thing goes for the wall climb ability; name a trinket "climbing gear" and set the event triggers near the climbable walls.
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:39 am

I was thinking a skill to help grinding would be nice, but haven't had much luck coming up with anything yet. There's already a skill for increasing EXP, so that's out, so the only other thing would be an increased encounter rate, which so far hasn't been an option. I don't quite understand your first suggestion, though. How would being forced to having 1 HP be useful? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

As for the trinkets, that would still mean I'd need to come up with the skills, but would now have even less options to work with. Whether or not any equipment exists to give special abilities, the skills still have to be implemented for the sake of the story.

Thanks for the suggestions.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Demo 2 Release Date: About 7 hours from now.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Here it is. Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/bib0wnoi2w9yj ... 2.exe?dl=0
If you have any questions at all, or feel something needs to be reported, let me know. Also, I forgot to put the basic controls anywhere, so here they are.
Directional Keys: Move/Scroll selections in menus.
Z: Talk/Search/Confirm
X: Cancel/Open Menu
Shift: Sprint
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby truck » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 am

foxyumbreon wrote:Here it is. Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/bib0wnoi2w9yj ... 2.exe?dl=0
If you have any questions at all, or feel something needs to be reported, let me know. Also, I forgot to put the basic controls anywhere, so here they are.

how about putting the link on the first page first message so we don't have to search for it.
truck
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:48 am

truck wrote:
foxyumbreon wrote:Here it is. Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/bib0wnoi2w9yj ... 2.exe?dl=0

how about putting the link on the first page first message so we don't have to search for it.

Maybe I will at some point, but for now that's why I specified its location by editing the topic's title.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Postby Mermidion » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 am

When i tried to download the demo i got following message:

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

does someone know when the Downloads will be active again soon?does that take Long?`
or is there an alternate download link?
Mermidion
Somewhat familiar

Postby truck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:16 am

the enemies in this game are way too over powering. it is almost impossible to get out of the temple without using the saving/healing ring over and over again.
truck
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Mermidion wrote:When i tried to download the demo i got following message:

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

does someone know when the Downloads will be active again soon?does that take Long?`
or is there an alternate download link?

I have no idea, but if it doesn't fix itself soon, I may just upload a new link.

truck wrote:the enemies in this game are way too over powering. it is almost impossible to get out of the temple without using the saving/healing ring over and over again.

Enemies are overpowering at times by design to express the hopelessness of Ammy's situation. She's literally on a quest nobody, human or god, has ever survived. Most don't even make it out the front door, and Razor's (pre-mallet) game over sequence suggests that many never even managed to defeat the first of the five Deemers. The difficulty, and need for grinding here and there, exist to express that reality. If you're having significant trouble, the solution is likely either a bit of grinding for EXP, farming for some healing items to help tide you over by using Bloom, rethinking strategies, or perhaps trying out some different equipment (once far enough). Also, don't forget to stock up a bit on healing items when necessary. I wouldn't waste too much money on them, but Diluted Potions in particular are really cheap, and can give you that tiny little boost you may need to get through a dungeon. Also don't be afraid to run from random battles if necessary, since once you reach a save point you can safely grind to make up for missed EXP and YEN if desired.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:37 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:Enemies are overpowering at times by design to express the hopelessness of Ammy's situation. She's literally on a quest nobody, human or god, has ever survived. Most don't even make it out the front door, and Razor's (pre-mallet) game over sequence suggests that many never even managed to defeat the first of the five Deemers. The difficulty, and need for grinding here and there, exist to express that reality. If you're having significant trouble, the solution is likely either a bit of grinding for EXP, farming for some healing items to help tide you over by using Bloom, rethinking strategies, or perhaps trying out some different equipment (once far enough). Also, don't forget to stock up a bit on healing items when necessary. I wouldn't waste too much money on them, but Diluted Potions in particular are really cheap, and can give you that tiny little boost you may need to get through a dungeon. Also don't be afraid to run from random battles if necessary, since once you reach a save point you can safely grind to make up for missed EXP and YEN if desired.

I have a distinct issue with that.

The fact that the game jumps in difficulty immediately actually comes across more of poor design than anything else, especially with the section early on that has a time limit. You don't have any indication how much grinding is needed before hand, and the time limit isn't generous enough to allow for any amount of grinding in the mission. Which essentially means either you spend hours upon hours grinding levels with 0 satisfaction til you can steamroll everything, or be locked out of a massive amount of the content. That's no good for a game based around a fetish.

Actually, it's no good period. This kind of difficulty increase would get actual full price video games the shit list. Games like X-Com and Dark Souls are better at handing out the ability to at least access most, if not all, of their content better than this game.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:
foxyumbreon wrote:Enemies are overpowering at times by design to express the hopelessness of Ammy's situation. She's literally on a quest nobody, human or god, has ever survived. Most don't even make it out the front door, and Razor's (pre-mallet) game over sequence suggests that many never even managed to defeat the first of the five Deemers. The difficulty, and need for grinding here and there, exist to express that reality. If you're having significant trouble, the solution is likely either a bit of grinding for EXP, farming for some healing items to help tide you over by using Bloom, rethinking strategies, or perhaps trying out some different equipment (once far enough). Also, don't forget to stock up a bit on healing items when necessary. I wouldn't waste too much money on them, but Diluted Potions in particular are really cheap, and can give you that tiny little boost you may need to get through a dungeon. Also don't be afraid to run from random battles if necessary, since once you reach a save point you can safely grind to make up for missed EXP and YEN if desired.

I have a distinct issue with that.

The fact that the game jumps in difficulty immediately actually comes across more of poor design than anything else, especially with the section early on that has a time limit. You don't have any indication how much grinding is needed before hand, and the time limit isn't generous enough to allow for any amount of grinding in the mission. Which essentially means either you spend hours upon hours grinding levels with 0 satisfaction til you can steamroll everything, or be locked out of a massive amount of the content. That's no good for a game based around a fetish.

Actually, it's no good period. This kind of difficulty increase would get actual full price video games the shit list. Games like X-Com and Dark Souls are better at handing out the ability to at least access most, if not all, of their content better than this game.

True, but it can be difficult to balance out the difficulty without much of a long-term plan. Especially since this was started as a side project to my main one, that I may or may not ever finish. It's more a curiosity than anything that I started. As for a time limit, the only dungeon with that as a factor where grinding is also a part of it is the forest, which is built to give plenty of time to do any grinding you need, while trying not to give too much freedom as to let the player over level. There may be some new complications related to that with the change I made to how the time limit functions, but there shouldn't be since it should give even more time than it used to.
Last edited by foxyumbreon on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Error (429)

--------

it say by me
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:Error (429)

--------

it say by me

So I've been told. I have no idea how long that lasts, but if it goes on for too long I may just try uploading a new link. At present though, I'm unable to do so, assuming that would even resolve the issue at all.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tgcidolfus » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:46 am

After getting as far as just after getting water lily ability, ill do my critique of the game so far. The game is a solid JRPG style game, meaning that it is hard and some grinding must be done at times as every level Ammy gets is massively important. The actual need to use potions is a rarity in almost any RPG anymore and for me, shows that game is hard, but not too hard in most cases for players with that mindset in mind. The forest dungeon series, a timer displayed would be very helpful for how much time a player has left until dark. (if there is a time out sequence and not just a scare tactic to make a player feel rushed) I will say though, the encounter rate is slightly high all around as taking 1 step after an encounter and getting another one can be frustrating when you are just spam running trying to get somewhere. During the 1st true boss encounter when you are tiny, I feel that the boss should have 300 hp and not 500 because at that point its just a time/potion dump as players should have figured out the mechanics by that point.

I really liked in the 1st town, despite it being a vore game, if a player actually shows trust to some of the npcs they are greatly rewarded meaning a player needs to have some level of faith (or a recent save file) with many of the npcs in towns.

On to the brush techniques I cant applaud you enough for the creativity in them being able to power up further through use (or just afking on the world map to let Ammy take her sunbath) While I haven't finished leveling up all of them, I will say the rewards upgrading them are very much worth a players time, even if multi-powerslash feels like its broken as it hits every enemy on screen 4 times, and not just 4 150% strikes, it was really broken for the orc boss battle. (and redid the fight without it, and it is still very doable, as I didn't even need 1 potion for the entire fight using holy light and poison/sleep and blind combos to destroy the orcs even when my attack was reduced to nothing)

Bugs I've noticed:
In the 1st summoning tower near the 1st save (by the 1st high summoner "boss" encounter) if you go back up a screen the map no longer follows the player and they can go off screen and the screen seemed to stop following me until I restarted the game.
In the forest north of the 1st town if you follow the right sided path until you get the open area where you had to count the plants if you go back (I did this as Ammy) enter the room (to the left of the counting area) you appear on top of the trees, but can still walk to the exit on top of the trees
After defeating the orcs, I went back in to see if I could use the nuisance enemies to farm up some bloom levels since its one encounter per step and they cant really hurt you, after going back south of that room the screen turns completely black and never corrects itself even if you can keep moving and even get into a battle, the screen stayed pure black.
After doing Gem's event in her house, you are unable to leave as it appears something invisible is blocking the door.

Overall this is a top quality and enjoy every second of this

Ill edit this post further with any additional bugs I find, unless you want me to just make new posts for anymore that I find.
tgcidolfus
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game