Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Ravenous Dimension: NEW DEMO! Check Page 5 for Link

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:06 am

I'll start by saying right now that this will not dominantly take precedence over Voremon (found here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18181 ). It's just a little side project I've had in mind for a long time, and finally started working on it tonight. My hope is that working on another project periodically on the side will help keep Voremon feeling a bit more fresh for when I do work on that. As for progress on Voremon, the next demo will hopefully be out very soon. Aside from one small scene, and an animation (which may or may not make it into the upcoming demo, depending on how things go), all I should still need to do is test Stage 9, assuming I don't run into anymore glitches. I just haven't been much in the mood to play the game tonight, so much as work on programming something.

Anyway, for those who are curious, here are the details to this new game. For starters, it's based on the video game Okami, with Amaterasu as the main character. The premise is a basic turn-based RPG, and game overs result in vore, either written out, or implied, depending on if you lose an event battle (most), or a random battle. The game will have plenty of food prep related stuff, and vore will be both hard (no super gory details, because I don't like those) or soft depending on the situation, such as number of predators present. Additionally, it's planned to be a prey-only game, meaning the player will never be predator. This is relatively related to the story. Vore sequences will be written, with varying length depending on the scene. Also, expect some grinding. Just in the first 10 minutes, there's already need for a tiny bit of grinding (the first boss is impossible to defeat below level 3 without extreme luck from critical hits, and you'll likely only be at level 2 when you reach him by just running through).

The plot thus far is very vague. All that's known is that Ammy's been summoned from the Celestial Plain by demons bent on eating her. While the player has access to normal types of attack moves, enemies do not. Enemy attacks consist of preparing Ammy into a meal, while somehow being able to subdue her in the process. Enemy attacks that currently exist are sprinkling Ammy with salt and pepper to deal damage, and massaging her to tenderize the meat, briefly lowering her attack and defense.

To keep the game from being too time-consuming from Voremon, I plan on using a lot of default resources built into RPG Maker VX Ace, such as animations, enemies, and some predesigned maps. While I'll be doing that to save time, that doesn't mean I'm not aiming to release a quality product. I hope players who want to see Ammy hunted and gobbled up as food will enjoy this game plentifully for what it is.

Anyway, only the first 10-15 minutes are done so far, so that's all there is to report on the matter at this time. I'd love to hear your input.
Last edited by foxyumbreon on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: New Vore Game Project

Postby gamemaster1236 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 am

Okami, eh? Interesting idea. I'm all ears :3
Can I haz Pred nawo?
gamemaster1236
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 pm

gamemaster1236 wrote:Okami, eh? Interesting idea. I'm all ears :3

Yep. Ammy's fun prey.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby gamemaster1236 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:57 am

foxyumbreon wrote:

Yep. Ammy's fun prey.

Totally. Remember the sea dragon in Okami? Mmmm..
Can I haz Pred nawo?
gamemaster1236
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:09 am

gamemaster1236 wrote:
foxyumbreon wrote:

Yep. Ammy's fun prey.

Totally. Remember the sea dragon in Okami? Mmmm..

Yep. Even though it didn't actually have vore in the game though, I couldn't help but think about Ammy being gobbled up by Orochi and Ninetails while fighting them.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:02 am

1 word: Demo? :3
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:08 am

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:1 word: Demo? :3

I just started working on it last night, so a demo will still be a while.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SkittyMint » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:07 pm

I'll be happy if there is some Rao vore or ninetails.
SkittyMint
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:40 pm

SkittyMint wrote:I'll be happy if there is some Rao vore or ninetails.

Ninetails is a wonderful pred, but Ammy will likely be the only character from the original game.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:49 pm

I've been working on it quite a lot over the past few days, enough so that there are enough final decisions to give a bit more of an in depth look at the game. Here's a few things I wanted to bring to everybody's attention about the gameplay and such.

The World: The game takes place in an alternate dimension existing within the same multiverse as Okami. Unlike Ammy's home, this land is inhabited entirely by demons, some of which took the liberty to summon Ammy to their home so they could have her for dinner. More on that in the game itself, since the details are explained very early.

Combat Skills: As I said before, enemy skills involve preparing Ammy. This involves all sorts of things, from salting her, to gagging her with fruit, to speaking to her with hypnotically suggestive tones to inflict status effects. Whether it be one way or another, all enemy attacks (except during one portion of the game that will be explained in the game itself) involve Ammy being prepared for dinner in one way or another.

As for Ammy's skills, they're fit into 4 categories, each with their own traits. First, there's of course "Brush" skills using the Celestial Brush. Unlike most of the other skills, these inflict magic damage, and cost Ink Bottles instead of Tech Points. They're the most powerful techniques in Ammy's arsenal, but are also the hardest to learn since they can only be obtained by spending money, and special coins located here and there, at a certain shop. Next, we have "Wolf" skills. These are learned simply by leveling, and involve direct use of Ammy's body (such as biting and tackling). They're the most generic of all her skills, but are also the most accessible. Third are "Instrument" skills, which use her divine instruments. The type of skill is generally based on the type of instrument (for example, reflectors teach defensive skills), and are learned by equipping glaives, reflectors, and rosaries. These skills only remain available while equipment that grants them is equipped. Same goes for her fourth skill type, "Demon." Demon skill are available by equipping companions (more on that later.) Their effects vary considerably more than the other skill types with effects, and may do either physical or magic damage.

Equipment: Ammy has five equipment slots: Glaive, Reflector, Rosary, Companion, Astral Pouch. Glaives usually increase attack power, and teach sword-related skills. Reflectors usually increase defense and/or magic defense, and teach defensive skills. Rosaries usually increase magic attack, and teach skills that are a bit more miscellaneous. While options are limited early on, later in the game there will likely be several of each category with the about the same stats, but differing skills, allowing for customization of what abilities Ammy has for use in battle.

Next is the Companion slot. This is used for equipping party members onto Ammy. Throughout the game, Ammy will recruit the aid of demons who wish to help her, rather than eat her. While they join as physical party members at the beginning of the game, that feature is replaced with them acting as equipment instead once the Lucky Mallet (an item from Okami that can shrink people) is obtained. Each companion teaches various combat skills, and applies passive traits and stat boosts. They're usually rather specialized, so equipping them based on the situation can help on the quest. A couple examples I have planned are one who teaches various physical elemental attacks, and increases Ammy's elemental resistances, while another teaches various status effect moves, and gives Ammy immunity to various statuses herself.

Lastly is the Astral Pouch. This equipment slot is quite different from the rest. It (usually) does nothing for stats, but rather grants Ammy passive restoration. The first, for example, is an overcooked ham that restores 1% of her maximum HP at the end of every turn during combat, as well as after every several steps walked outside of battle.

Game Overs: For starters, random battles just cut straight to the game over screen without any vorish delight (though you may very well get plenty from the fight alone, and from thinking about the implied feasting that follows). Vorish game overs, which are written and sometimes quite lengthy, only occur following defeat from (most) event enemies, being those who you can't avoid because they happen automatically in the story. The only event battle that doesn't have a written game over at this time is the 2nd battle, and the only non-story one that has one are the treasure chest mimics (only when Ammy's your only party member). There will also sometimes be special events that result in written game over sequences, such as if you run out of time during a timed part.

Vore sequences aren't quite as consistent with the type of content they contain as in Voremon. Here are the things that are so far covered in at least one. Bear in mind this list may increase as time goes on, depending on how things go.
Soft Vore
Non-graphic hard vore (no mention of blood, and the only mention of innards are the bones and meat).
Food prep including but not limited to spices, sauce, gags, and stuffing.
Fatal cooking (there will also likely be some non-fatal cooking down the road).
Digestion
Transformation
Hypnosis
That's all for now. I also plan on having some bondage here and there, but as of yet it hasn't been used. The game over text is currently accompanied by a blank, black screen, though if anybody would like to offer their services to draw up some images for them, let me know and we can talk.

That's all for now. I plan on releasing a demo for the Okami game shortly after the first major boss (likely about 2-3 hours into the game, though it's hard to judge how long it would take somebody who doesn't outright know where everything is from the start).
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:41 pm

sounds good!
Demo plz! :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:sounds good!

*gives you a box of patience*
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:07 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:
TheAllSeeingEye wrote:sounds good!

*gives you a box of patience*

Oh look, a box...
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.97 KiB) Viewed 26801 times
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:37 am

I'm certainly looking forward to a demo of this game. ^_^
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Maexam2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 am

Is there any demo available to play yet? I would love to play this game!
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Maexam2 wrote:Is there any demo available to play yet? I would love to play this game!

Did you bother reading through all the posts? *hands out a second box of patience* It'll likely be a while before a demo is ready.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Greennyy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:57 pm

it'l be ready when its ready... and i cant wait... voremon is fun, and i bet this one will be too
Greennyy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lawrence Craft » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Sounds promising, i will take a look when a demo is available.
Until then, patience is announced. *takes a cup of tea and waits*

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:
Maexam2 wrote:Is there any demo available to play yet? I would love to play this game!

Did you bother reading through all the posts? *hands out a second box of patience* It'll likely be a while before a demo is ready.
Sometimes i think he takes no time for absolutely nothing.
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Glad to see people taking interest. Hopefully it'll be worth the attention it's accumulating. If not though, I won't fret. My main drive is because there's just not enough content out there with Amaterasu as prey in vorish situations.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 am

foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game