Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (New Map)

Postby replicatkd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:46 pm

I have been trying to get into this. I actually have an account and character and everything.~

But the part i get stuck is on the exploring part. It would be really nice if someone could help me, show me around the ship and how vore works, and stuff like that. And if you are a prey-player that could be even more fun since I am a pred.~

It would be lovely if someone could help me but if if you can't is ok too! Just send me a PM or write something here. Anything works.

P.S. Also I heard there is like another "vore server(s)" with more relaxed rules too? or did I just get confused?
replicatkd
Participator

Postby ArgobargSoup » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:36 pm

replicatkd wrote:I have been trying to get into this. I actually have an account and character and everything.~

But the part i get stuck is on the exploring part. It would be really nice if someone could help me, show me around the ship and how vore works, and stuff like that. And if you are a prey-player that could be even more fun since I am a pred.~

It would be lovely if someone could help me but if if you can't is ok too! Just send me a PM or write something here. Anything works.

P.S. Also I heard there is like another "vore server(s)" with more relaxed rules too? or did I just get confused?

The absolute best way ta figure out the station's layout and how things work is ta get the station's code from the Github, figure out how BYOND's DreamMaker and DreamDaemon programs work, compile it with DreamMaker, and use DreamDaemon to run a little private test server. Then ya got full freedoms ta run about, see what happens when ya poke this, eat/get eaten by that, and generally figure out how things work before ya jump inta the main server.

Failin' that, yer best bet is ta learn the station layout by spendin' a round or two as a ghost and flyin' around. Then, join in as an assistant, and ask fer help and/or a guide. Someone might start showin' ya around in-character. And if you're lucky, they might be open ta a scene. Although I'd recommend not goin' inta RP scenin' right away. Best ta learn how things work on the station.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:44 pm

replicatkd wrote:I have been trying to get into this. I actually have an account and character and everything.~

Do you have Discord? It's the best way to contact online players! Any one of us could help you.

Otherwise, join the station as "Observer" and zip around to get a feel for the layout. In-game, there are also signs on the walls directing you to "Medical" "Security" "Engineering" etc. I still use these signs myself.

replicatkd wrote:P.S. Also I heard there is like another "vore server(s)" with more relaxed rules too? or did I just get confused?

If by "relaxed rules" you mean "people are constantly griefing, including the admins", then yes. Otherwise, no, not to my knowledge. Our own rules, while lengthy to read, each have a specific purpose. Remember, the server is a heavy roleplaying server, so you are expected to roleplay and follow the lore of the server within reason, which isn't very hard considering how flexible it is.

The main big rules for character building are "Don't use magic, ever," and "Don't make some shitty Mary Sue character who doesn't afraid of anything and is trained in over 3000 forms of martial arts." You know the kind of characters I'm talking about lol. Everything else is pretty damn flexible. I've made characters ranging from humble janitors to former space pirates.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby replicatkd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:45 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:The absolute best way ta figure out the station's layout and how things work is ta get the station's code from the Github, figure out how BYOND's DreamMaker and DreamDaemon programs work, compile it with DreamMaker, and use DreamDaemon to run a little private test server. Then ya got full freedoms ta run about, see what happens when ya poke this, eat/get eaten by that, and generally figure out how things work before ya jump inta the main server.

Failin' that, yer best bet is ta learn the station layout by spendin' a round or two as a ghost and flyin' around. Then, join in as an assistant, and ask fer help and/or a guide. Someone might start showin' ya around in-character. And if you're lucky, they might be open ta a scene. Although I'd recommend not goin' inta RP scenin' right away. Best ta learn how things work on the station.

My. That is quite the suggestion. Haha. Although it does make sense. If I do that I would enter the server full of knowledge. I will take that into consideration. Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah, RPing itself is not really the problem since I got a bit of experience on that. Is more about the mechanics so you got a point there. Thanks for your help! Some sort of guide still would be nice but I am going to see if i can make that private testing.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby replicatkd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Aces wrote:Do you have Discord? It's the best way to contact online players! Any one of us could help you.

Otherwise, join the station as "Observer" and zip around to get a feel for the layout. In-game, there are also signs on the walls directing you to "Medical" "Security" "Engineering" etc. I still use these signs myself.

I do have Discord and I am actually in the group (It has the same image and username on here) so Is just a matter of some actual practice on the ship. Haha.

Aces wrote:If by "relaxed rules" you mean "people are constantly griefing, including the admins", then yes. Otherwise, no, not to my knowledge. Our own rules, while lengthy to read, each have a specific purpose. Remember, the server is a heavy roleplaying server, so you are expected to roleplay and follow the lore of the server within reason, which isn't very hard considering how flexible it is.

The main big rules for character building are "Don't use magic, ever," and "Don't make some shitty Mary Sue character who doesn't afraid of anything and is trained in over 3000 forms of martial arts." You know the kind of characters I'm talking about lol. Everything else is pretty damn flexible. I've made characters ranging from humble janitors to former space pirates.

Yes, I know what you mean. Haha. But if I go in blind I doubt either me or my partner will get something out of it. Hehe. But yeah, I will ask around Discord and test stuff by myself too.
Last edited by replicatkd on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby Aces » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:57 pm

replicatkd wrote:Yes, I know what you mean. Haha. But if I go in blind I doubt either me or my partner will get something out of it. Hehe. But yeah, I will ask around Discord and test stuff by myself too.

Most of our rules is pretty common sense stuff and our admins have a policy of actually talking to the person offending before banning, unless it's painfully obvious they are trying to grief--like setting off a bomb. If you did something innocent but still irritating like forgot to add your OOC notes text, you're not going to end up banned over it.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby replicatkd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Aces wrote:Most of our rules is pretty common sense stuff and our admins have a policy of actually talking to the person offending before banning, unless it's painfully obvious they are trying to grief--like setting off a bomb. If you did something innocent but still irritating like forgot to add your OOC notes text, you're not going to end up banned over it.

Don't worry. I know exactly what you mean. I just need someone to let me get my "boots" on the ship so to speak.

Imagine how strange i would look just walking around not knowing what to do. haha~
replicatkd
Participator

Postby Aces » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:04 pm

replicatkd wrote:
Aces wrote:Most of our rules is pretty common sense stuff and our admins have a policy of actually talking to the person offending before banning, unless it's painfully obvious they are trying to grief--like setting off a bomb. If you did something innocent but still irritating like forgot to add your OOC notes text, you're not going to end up banned over it.

Don't worry. I know exactly what you mean. I just need someone to let me get my "boots" on the ship so to speak.

Imagine how strange i would look just walking around not knowing what to do. haha~

Well like I said, come join us on Discord! A link can be found on the home page of http://vore-station.net

We look forward to seeing you!
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Silhouette » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:03 pm

EDIT:

Fair's Fair.
Last edited by Silhouette on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silhouette
Participator

Postby Pyro » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:38 pm

The exact reason for your ban was that you went into OOC and insisted you did nothing wrong, and generally running around giving all kinds of different stories about it.

Continue to complain about it in public and it might last longer than a day.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Silhouette wrote:It was fun while it lasted.

Then I was banned OOCly for playing a mischievous character in IC. =P

I'm just gonna crosspost my reply from your thread on our forums.

Scree wrote:If you want to drag this out into public and stir drama, then we'll take the bait. Normally we keep bans quiet to allow the banned player to save face, but if you're going to go around accusing us of this, that and the other, and filling unrelated threads with passive-aggressive nonsense like this, and make posts in the discord about "OOC punishment for IC actions", then we will happily let the other players know exactly what led to this chain of events.

You didn't cop a ban for "being a silly doer-of-things".
You copped a ban for tunneling into the brig for no reason, then the following shift tunneling into the brig again, telling the player of a character that had been brigged that you were going to break them out, then when you were caught tunneling into the brig, bitching the players that caught you out in LOOC, telling them you were "building a lounge", then snarked the admin that questioned you with some snooty "don't presume to guess at my motives" crap when you'd already told two different stories to two different groups of people in two different ooc channels.

In short, you weren't banned for anything IC. You were banned for LYING TO ADMINS AND OTHER PLAYERS OOCLY.
And after the fact, you decided to spread this bullshit sob story about being "unfairly banned for IC actions" around the community and accuse us of bias with all this passive-aggressive bullshit.

Frankly, a dayban is getting off lightly so maybe you should quit while you're ahead.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby hernextmeal » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Silhouette wrote:It was fun while it lasted.

Then I was banned OOCly for playing a mischievous character in IC. =P

He was a good boy, he didn't do nuffin!
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Silhouette » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:39 am

EDIT:

Fair's Fair.

I'm just noting for posterity that at the very least, the stuff about me telling people a "bunch of different stories" is completely untrue, and Scree even admitted he didn't have the facts of the matter before coming in to post about this in a PM. I don't expect there's ever going to be any justice coming out of this.
Last edited by Silhouette on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silhouette
Participator

Postby Eka » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Silhouette wrote:Anyways. Like I told some others, you've got my well-wishes, even if you don't want them at this point.

I'm not really sure why this is discussed on this site. All of these seem to be something happened in Vore-station.com. Which, beside advertising on this site, has no affiliation with aryion.com

Silhouette, can you just talk to them in private and save us from these drama? Moderating stuff is kinda off topic on this topic.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Silhouette » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Eka wrote:
Silhouette wrote:Anyways. Like I told some others, you've got my well-wishes, even if you don't want them at this point.

I'm not really sure why this is discussed on this site. All of these seem to be something happened in Vore-station.com. Which, beside advertising on this site, has no affiliation with aryion.com

Silhouette, can you just talk to them in private and save us from these drama? Moderating stuff is kinda off topic on this topic.

Sure. It kind of blew up more than I intended, anyways.
Silhouette
Participator

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (3 Years Old!)

Postby zarachrest1 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:01 pm

What ever happened to that little Catbug thing? It was always interesting when it was running around the station cause I had to keep the little thing under control, I spend many hours trying to find the chocolate pizza it kept asking for, it's like the damn thing was on a quest to find that pizza and nothing else, will I ever be seeing it again?
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Surprising how this topic doesn't get much traffic, despite how active the station is?
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am

NekoYuki wrote:Surprising how this topic doesn't get much traffic, despite how active the station is?

They have their own website/forum where discussions about the server itself should be. This thread is basically here to advertise at this point.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Four more years! :U

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:37 pm

The ad topic is apparently pointing out 4 years of the server being live. man it has changed since the early days.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Five years strong)

Postby wisecrack3 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:49 pm

I've been meaning to get in at some point but I find TG to be jarring as a loyal Goon player, I'll have to sit down and learn the W̶R̶O̶N̶G̶ TG control scheme so I can try playing.
Mimes are vampires who wear makeup to avoid the sunlight, only able to speak safely in the dark
wisecrack3
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game