Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (My other cat is a X

Postby Aces » Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 am

warbrand4 wrote:
Aces wrote:
warbrand4 wrote:Hey got a suggestion for a super power, or power.

Reformation: allows person with this to bring back any prey they have digested, though it has a limit as doing so one makes the user extremely hungry and two it can only be used once every hour. when used gives a list of prey eaten and can revive one infront of them though badly injured.

gained by: either DNA work or a whitelisted option for characters.
vissiual effect: NA, but vore tab does show an added line to the stomach info saying it has a slight blue glow that feels like it is pulling you in or something.

effect on prey: prey does not ghost on death, instead they are put into a "pocket" on the pred like stomachs, that blocks all dialog but whisper. limit to 4 preys in this, so a 5th victim would ghost.

Even with bluespace fuckery that makes no sense.

Then event a new space... yellow space or something.

could be cool to come up with ideas and "discover" how it works.

like yellow space when accessed allowing people to do crazy things with the mind and body ,like transform a person into a whole different being with out use of medical equipment or staffs. though the main thing for it could be reconstruction of destroyed items, sort of like a universal backup of everything, though unlike cloning it is a constant back up.

yeah taht could be yellow space the universes back up, and the station could be asked to research it by NT. could allow for some cool things like the aforementioned reformation ability, but also the ability to recreate items with out needing resources or even pulling things that do not exist in the area out of thin air.... of course this would be dangerous research as one may pull a giant spider out of the yellow when trying to see if they can copy some plasteal.

HEll yellow space could be useful in game play to do things like revert the station after a core explosion though that would be high end stuff... and I doubt that is actually possible right now.

No...
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Wed May 27, 2015 11:32 am

I was under the impression that Redspace and Bluespace were named for Doppler Shift effects, like what would happen if one were to travel at near-light speeds, and as such, at least have some basis in physics...
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Wed May 27, 2015 11:38 am

Entirely_Logical wrote:I was under the impression that Redspace and Bluespace were named for Doppler Shift effects, like what would happen if one were to travel at near-light speeds, and as such, at least have some basis in physics...

This is more accurate to why I went with the naming scheme that I did. Also red sounds evil and I needed to asspull some technological bullshit so cult gear isn't magic.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:52 am

so basicly you changed something cause you didn't want magic in sci-fi....
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed May 27, 2015 12:13 pm

warbrand4 wrote:so basicly you changed something cause you didn't want magic in sci-fi....

No, we call it 'magic' because we don't understand it, then it's called 'science'. I know, it's hard to follow.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby Aces » Wed May 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Mech__Warrior wrote:
warbrand4 wrote:so basicly you changed something cause you didn't want magic in sci-fi....

No, we call it 'magic' because we don't understand it, then it's called 'science'. I know, it's hard to follow.

You're both right actually.

Magic in a sci-fi setting is immersion breaking and opens big fat doors to powergaming and godmodding bullshit which I don't want to deal with. As I've experienced in the past, if you give magic users an inch, they take a mile. In a chatroom, that's fine. In a game where players are constantly in the same roleplaying scene, that isn't okay. Because magic isn't allowed, but Cultists and Space Wizards are part of the SS13 lore, we've done what most servers have done and given some IC explanation of their abilities. With this explanation comes rules we have to abide by in order for it to remain believable. These rules also moderate these abilities so they aren't powergaming.

For example, Space Wizards have some of the best technology, but because they're so advanced, but so few in numbers, they keep to themselves. Therefore anyone who knows their abilities is going to be abducted by companies like Nanotrasen and therefore would never work aboard a space station like ours because it makes no sense for them to waste and risk their skills here.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 pm

ah.... yeah I can understand that stuff.... really trying to find an In lore way to make reformation and "soul" vore possible.

after poring over SS13 stuff the closest ways I could find would be something with medical turning a persons digestive system into a bio cloner of sorts but that would likely be stuff that would take a lot of blue space, red space and DNA work. (would make more sense with a womb for female and herm characters as that already has the "equipement" to create life)

though the DNA modding some ones digestive system to also put things back together would be strange, it would also work in lore as the womb vore stuff already has healing just having some one do the science behind it and finding out what causes it would allow it to be targeted to allow other organs to do it as well.... and maybe even using blue or red space to improve it with cloning tech... who knows.

All I know is even with working on concepts for this to work in lore it would have to be highly limited, for example bringing a past prey back to life would likely drain the pred to the point of knocking them out if not well fed, or worse. Trying to come up with pros and cons to this concept, even though I shouldn't... also trying to come up with ways for it to work.... damn I need to make a doctor character and learn medical so I can understand this stuff.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Vorrarkul » Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Personally, I go with the idea that souls ARE real, if poorly-understood scientifically, and that's why cloning's only done AFTER the person has died. Memory loss from death is an issue, the extent of which is very situational and kinda based on people's preferences.

Like, scientifically, the soul can be their consciousness and long-term memory, which means that short-term recent memories are lost upon cloning? I swear I'm more eloquent in my head.
As for actual reformation, there's a LOT of potential bioscifi gobbledegook you can use, depending on the flavor of pred doing the reforming. For instance, one of my preds is a nanite slimegirl. Her nanites can rebuild biotic tissue it has dissolved. This just being an example as reforming isn't one of MY things.
Vorrarkul
New to the forum

Postby hernextmeal » Sat May 30, 2015 2:22 am

Vorrarkul wrote:Personally, I go with the idea that souls ARE real, if poorly-understood scientifically, and that's why cloning's only done AFTER the person has died. Memory loss from death is an issue, the extent of which is very situational and kinda based on people's preferences.

Like, scientifically, the soul can be their consciousness and long-term memory, which means that short-term recent memories are lost upon cloning? I swear I'm more eloquent in my head.
As for actual reformation, there's a LOT of potential bioscifi gobbledegook you can use, depending on the flavor of pred doing the reforming. For instance, one of my preds is a nanite slimegirl. Her nanites can rebuild biotic tissue it has dissolved. This just being an example as reforming isn't one of MY things.

Well, mechanically at least, ghosts are a thing, though I've never seen them actually acknowledged IC on this server.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sat May 30, 2015 5:12 pm

hernextmeal wrote:
Vorrarkul wrote:Personally, I go with the idea that souls ARE real, if poorly-understood scientifically, and that's why cloning's only done AFTER the person has died. Memory loss from death is an issue, the extent of which is very situational and kinda based on people's preferences.

Well, mechanically at least, ghosts are a thing, though I've never seen them actually acknowledged IC on this server.

That's because it's an observer function. If it was removed, your screen would go totally black when you died and would cause other buggy effects due to the lack of an immediate respawn in SS13.

There won't likely ever be any IC acknowledgement of it, because it's not really a solid IC thing. If we do refer to consciousness after death we find other ways of explaining why it works, which usually involves some convoluted technology preserving brain waves or something.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:16 pm

I can understand keeping the ghosts out of IC, to much room for abuse if some one has there character lets say remember everything they have seen as a ghost.

-idea dropped-
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pyro » Sun May 31, 2015 3:40 pm

We are NOT making up a new colorspace for that. x3

Rina is already working on a way to revive people who've been digested without scans.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:51 pm

as stated idea is dropped, I don't know enough about SS13 lore to come up with this stuff anyway.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Not just an acronym

Postby Aces » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 am

A quick notification:

I've been hinting at an event for June 6th but I don't think I am going to make the deadline. It'll be postponed until I finish the map needed for it.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:27 pm

I feel like that thread title's making fun of that guy who came on last week who DID think that it was just an acronym. =P
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:I feel like that thread title's making fun of that guy who came on last week who DID think that it was just an acronym. =P

It totally is. Mostly because this has happened several times. I like adding joke titles to the thread.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Lol got an idea that might help, or might not, how about putting some posters on the walls in the entry way, stating the "rules" of the station, the more vore based ones would stick out... though not many people read the rules would be good for thoughs who do.

I can just see the posters

DO to an influx of deaths at this station the cloning crew at NT would like to inform all members of V.O.R.E that even though you can eat fellow crew members it is still against the law to do so, unless they are willing. As such we are instigating the following rules on the station to help discourage this behavior in public.

[list of "rules" just teh basic stuff]

A note to security personnel reading this you do have permission to eat other crew members so long as they are not harmed during the extent of or after time is served that said eating perma brig destined crew members is allowed so long as the captain gives written permission.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Malssvelk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:11 pm

Aces wrote:
There won't likely ever be any IC acknowledgement of it, because it's not really a solid IC thing. If we do refer to consciousness after death we find other ways of explaining why it works, which usually involves some convoluted technology preserving brain waves or something.

Hay, who turned out the lights?
Malssvelk
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Major announcement!

We're beginning the long process of porting the code to new Bay code. With this comes an open source code and with it goes my supreme dictatorship over the server. :P Please don't screw it up by scattering off into separate servers until the community is so fragmented it doesn't survive.

That all being said, VORE Station will be, in accordance to new Baystation license terms, available on Github in the days to come. I have no ETA on when the server will be updated to match that code. It's all early alpha stage for now as we port in old features.

I'm going to be looking into making us a proper forum. Maybe petition the mods here on Eka's to let me have a section for us. Either way we're going to get a damn forum for all the VORE servers.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hernextmeal » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:31 am

Aces wrote:Major announcement!

We're beginning the long process of porting the code to new Bay code. With this comes an open source code and with it goes my supreme dictatorship over the server. :P Please don't screw it up by scattering off into separate servers until the community is so fragmented it doesn't survive.

That all being said, VORE Station will be, in accordance to new Baystation license terms, available on Github in the days to come. I have no ETA on when the server will be updated to match that code. It's all early alpha stage for now as we port in old features.

I'm going to be looking into making us a proper forum. Maybe petition the mods here on Eka's to let me have a section for us. Either way we're going to get a damn forum for all the VORE servers.

Huh, might mess around with the code, in the unlikely event I can get BYOND to not suck long enough.

One concern is Github forbids obscene content, but I doubt this'll go above their radar. In any case, sounds like a good thing to seed on Gitttorrent. (Irrelevant side note, Github will also remove things for political reasons.)
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game