Devourment Knowledge Resource

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Knowledge Resource

Postby Cribbey » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 am

Great book, love it.
Cribbey
Participator

Postby Nornim » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:08 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:Devourment already had a bit of context; there's a book in universe that describes several kinds of vampires, and one rare type, the Yekef, is known fer swallowing people whole. Molag Bal's responsible fer vampires, though, so your book would probably fit. (As of this post, the download seems ta not be working.)

https://mega.co.nz/#!qdclgayA!IXQ-NRrUY ... mUgrXaUx0A

Try that one I guess, I've never used file sharing or whatever before, so I have next to no idea on why its not working for you unfortunately.

Got the idea to connect it to Molag Bal from the link on the front, but there wasn't an explanation at why everyone had an ability that was normally reserved for Yekef, there was a sort of missing piece.

Qwerty1994 wrote:Great book, love it.

Thanks, could have been better, but I kind of skimped on the spell chapter.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby sf0647 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:07 am

the lethal swallow won't work using console commands (might be it says its a shout not a spell) but does anyone know a way of using the console to make it work for NPCs lethally swallowing the player
sf0647
New to the forum

Postby Sideromelane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 pm

sf0647 wrote:the lethal swallow won't work using console commands (might be it says its a shout not a spell) but does anyone know a way of using the console to make it work for NPCs lethally swallowing the player

'cast (SpellID) Player voice' with your 'pred' selected in the console view. If the pred is not selected, and/or you are using the wrong spell ID, then it won't ever work. Even when you get it correct, the chance of it working are dependant on several factors, so that it might take several attempts for it to 'happen'.

FYI, shouts are just spells as far as the game is concerned, they function in exactly the same way internally, they just have a different category in the editor and the spellbook. Everything else is just visual effects.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 pm

If you want all creatures to be able to vore and be vored, this post is for you.

So previously there was a post on allowing animals and other creatures to be eaten by adding the keyword ActorTypeNPC to their race data, but an easier way to have all creatures be voreable is this: Instead of adding the keyword ActorTypeNPC to any creature race you want to be eatable, just take that same keyword requirement out of the equation altogether. This can easily be done by opening Devourment in the creation kit, then navigating to Magic/Magic Effect in the object window, after you click this a bunch of stuff will appear in the object window. Okay, what we're looking for are these items below:

000SwallowEffect
000SwallowEffectActuallySilent
000SwallowEffectCorpse
000SwallowEffectNPC
000SwallowEffectNPCSurrender
000SwallowEffectSilent
000SwallowEffectSurrender

What you want to do is open up each of these, look for the box in the top-right of the window that has a bunch of conditions, look for the condition that says "Has Keyword||Keyword:ActorTypeNPC." and delete it. Then save the magic effect (or hit enter). Then save Devourment.

Now the downside to this method is that while all creatures are now voreable, they can also vore anything else provided they are considered female. This can cause various errors, mainly crashing the game to desktop when they digested something, but I have a solution to this problem as well. The game would crash because Devourment by default is set to have the pred gain weight after digestion, but this is only possible for all the playable races. So when the game would try to change the weight of a creature, say.... a spriggan, the game would kill itself. Easy, just go into the mod configuration and set the Tweak "Weight Gain Per NPC Digested" to 0. Now the game will no longer crash should a creature digest something! So the ability to vore has been opened up to every female being in skyrim, now you'll have another thing to worry about when fighting anything especially because one of the recent Devourment versions gave specific genders to random creatures. You should make sure to have "Keep playing after Digestion" set to "No" just in case you fall prey to something not playable, otherwise Skyrim will crash.
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Terrafox » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 am

I haven't been able to play the game do to a bad file somewhere, I don't know if its a conflicting mod or missing file from the Dev mod.
I have tried removing the Dev mod files but that didn't work, I also have uninstalled and re installed skyrim but that didn't work.
Now the idea I have now is to remove all mods but does anyone have a easy of doing that?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:58 am

Terrafox wrote:I haven't been able to play the game do to a bad file somewhere, I don't know if its a conflicting mod or missing file from the Dev mod.
I have tried removing the Dev mod files but that didn't work, I also have uninstalled and re installed skyrim but that didn't work.
Now the idea I have now is to remove all mods but does anyone have a easy of doing that?

If you used Nexus Mod Manager then just double click each mod in the Manager and they will uninstall themselves cleanly.

If you are trying to load a save from before you reinstalled, then it is HIGHLY likely a rogue script in your save, try starting a new game.

Have you tried running TesVEdit? It is very useful for pinpointing a mod that is loading incorrectly.

Have you run LooT? It's the replacement for Boss (Boss is no longer updated, and no longer supports newer mods properly, also due to the way it's written, LooT supports Devourment and any add-ons without the need for downloading specific files)

Personally, I suspect you are having load order issues. Run LooT first, then TesVEdit, and pinpoint any faulty mods. Remove or disable anything TesV flags up as causing an issue, then start a brand new game if you can get that far. Don't try and resurrect an old save, script cleaners are good if you know the specifics of thier function, but for someone who doesn't know what to look for, they can be hit-or-miss. (Automated script cleaners do a decent enough job, but again, they lack the power of a manual cleaner, and don't always work).

LooT: http://loot.github.io/

TesVEdit: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:59 am

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:<SNIP>

Linking this in the opening posts so it's more visible and doesn't get lost!
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Occulore » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Can someone give a run down on how to make an NPC eat another?

Is there a code or something I have to type in? I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed at these kind of things, so an example would be nice. xD
Occulore
---

Location: In the exact...CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE!!!....Give or take fifty feet.

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Demonking44 wrote:Can someone give a run down on how to make an NPC eat another?

Is there a code or something I have to type in? I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed at these kind of things, so an example would be nice. xD

It's exactly the same as the method outlaid for making an NPC eat you, except in place of the word 'player' put in the reference ID of the prey NPC.

'cast (Swallow SpellID) (Prey ID) voice' iirc, with the PRED npc selected in the console.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Terrafox » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Sideromelane wrote:
Terrafox wrote:I haven't been able to play the game do to a bad file somewhere, I don't know if its a conflicting mod or missing file from the Dev mod.

If you used Nexus Mod Manager then just double click each mod in the Manager and they will uninstall themselves cleanly.

If you are trying to load a save from before you reinstalled, then it is HIGHLY likely a rogue script in your save, try starting a new game.

Have you tried running TesVEdit? It is very useful for pinpointing a mod that is loading incorrectly.

Have you run LooT? It's the replacement for Boss (Boss is no longer updated, and no longer supports newer mods properly, also due to the way it's written, LooT supports Devourment and any add-ons without the need for downloading specific files)

Personally, I suspect you are having load order issues. Run LooT first, then TesVEdit, and pinpoint any faulty mods. Remove or disable anything TesV flags up as causing an issue, then start a brand new game if you can get that far. Don't try and resurrect an old save, script cleaners are good if you know the specifics of thier function, but for someone who doesn't know what to look for, they can be hit-or-miss. (Automated script cleaners do a decent enough job, but again, they lack the power of a manual cleaner, and don't always work).

Yay I have TesVedit right now and I'm running Boss so I don't think I need Loot.
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:32 am

Terrafox wrote:
Sideromelane wrote:

Yay I have TesVedit right now and I'm running Boss so I don't think I need Loot.

LooT is the replacement for BOSS because no-one could be bothered to update BOSS properly. LooT was previously known as BOSS 3.0 (Beta). You are better using LooT as it is more accurate, powerful, and can sort modlists correctly even if the master list repository has not been updated in weeks.

BOSS activly breaks many current load orders which is why I strongly recommend upgrading to LooT.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Terrafox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Well I got Dev to work but now I got this tab that appears when I start the game "Impalpable skeleton detect, devourment won't work properly"

What do I need to do?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Terrafox wrote:Well I got Dev to work but now I got this tab that appears when I start the game "Impalpable skeleton detect, devourment won't work properly"

What do I need to do?

Install a compatible skeleton. Either copy the files from the devourment zip back into the /data folder, or, use the skeleton I added in this thread.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sf0647 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Sideromelane wrote:
sf0647 wrote:the lethal swallow won't work using console commands (might be it says its a shout not a spell) but does anyone know a way of using the console to make it work for NPCs lethally swallowing the player

'cast (SpellID) Player voice' with your 'pred' selected in the console view. If the pred is not selected, and/or you are using the wrong spell ID, then it won't ever work. Even when you get it correct, the chance of it working are dependant on several factors, so that it might take several attempts for it to 'happen'.

FYI, shouts are just spells as far as the game is concerned, they function in exactly the same way internally, they just have a different category in the editor and the spellbook. Everything else is just visual effects.

It keeps saying "Invalid Magic Item (SpellID) for Magic item Parameters"
sf0647
New to the forum

Postby Terrafox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Terrafox wrote:Well I got Dev to work but now I got this tab that appears when I start the game "Impalpable skeleton detect, devourment won't work properly"

What do I need to do?

Well I found out that it was these two mods that where the problem "XP32 maximum skeleton" and "Acdale eyecandy body ACDE" Which I think both change the skeleton which is the problem here.
Does anyone here have any idea of how I can have these two mods and still run Dev?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Terrafox wrote:

What do I need to do?

Well I found out that it was these two mods that where the problem "XP32 maximum skeleton" and "Acdale eyecandy body ACDE" Which I think both change the skeleton which is the problem here.
Does anyone here have any idea of how I can have these two mods and still run Dev?

Sideromelane wrote:

What do I need to do?

Install a compatible skeleton. Either copy the files from the devourment zip back into the /data folder, or, use the skeleton I added in this thread.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RachelBabe » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Is there anyway to DIY multiprey before Vegan adds that?
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby Sideromelane » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 am

Rachel Babe wrote:Is there anyway to DIY multiprey before Vegan adds that?

Probably, it's sort of 'accidentally' possible now, but I have no idea how to make it happen on purpose. Lots of stuff is tied up with managing (as in not-losing/breaking the entire game) a single prey item, altering everything needed would require script access.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby turkeylurky » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:44 am

Does anyone have a new link of the latest version of Kongpows excellent devourment sound replacements? The MEGA link died.
turkeylurky
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game