Devourment Knowledge Resource

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Knowledge Resource

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:20 am

Rolli wrote:after hours of trying to crack away at it, I still can't get it to function as it's supposed to with male preds. I've followed the instructions to the letter. Copied my xP32MSE male skeleton and put the Belly node from devourment's female skeleton onto NPC Belly and then put the new skeleton into Devourment's "Character assets" file before installing the mod with Mod Organizer. Nothing came of it. I dunno if I'm just stupid or what but I even tried with 0.65c just to see if it was all the extra stuff packed in with Kongpows version that was making my attempts fail but, it wasn't.

If anyone else would like to try, PM me. I'll give you the Pex files I changed that allow males to get the powers and perks. The dialogue options arent there because you have to remove the "GetIsSex" conditions from them in Skyrim Creation Kit and I dont wanna bother if I can't get the core function of the mod to work properly, but everything else is perfectly accessible.

Have you checked that the original male-block is not still there? Long before the scripts had a blocking function, it was present in the mod file itself and could only be disabled via creation kit - in fact that is exactly what one person DID to trigger all the drama back in the day. That function is probably still active - if I remember correctly males could in fact be given the powers, and could use them but immediately regurgitated, if that is similar to the problem you are having.

The fix is in the creation kit if that is the case.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MBucket » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Rolli, you may want to try using the SAM skeleton instead. I don't know for sure if that will fix anything but it's worth a try.
MBucket
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rolli » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Sideromelane wrote:
Rolli wrote:after hours of trying to crack away at it, I still can't get it to function as it's supposed to with male preds. I've followed the instructions to the letter. Copied my xP32MSE male skeleton and put the Belly node from devourment's female skeleton onto NPC Belly and then put the new skeleton into Devourment's "Character assets" file before installing the mod with Mod Organizer. Nothing came of it. I dunno if I'm just stupid or what but I even tried with 0.65c just to see if it was all the extra stuff packed in with Kongpows version that was making my attempts fail but, it wasn't.

If anyone else would like to try, PM me. I'll give you the Pex files I changed that allow males to get the powers and perks. The dialogue options arent there because you have to remove the "GetIsSex" conditions from them in Skyrim Creation Kit and I dont wanna bother if I can't get the core function of the mod to work properly, but everything else is perfectly accessible.

Have you checked that the original male-block is not still there? Long before the scripts had a blocking function, it was present in the mod file itself and could only be disabled via creation kit - in fact that is exactly what one person DID to trigger all the drama back in the day. That function is probably still active - if I remember correctly males could in fact be given the powers, and could use them but immediately regurgitated, if that is similar to the problem you are having.

The fix is in the creation kit if that is the case.

I will certainly give it a look over. In the mean time though, I'm going to leave this video here illustrating what actually happens when you boot the game up and try. Maybe you or someone else will know for sure what's going on

Rolli
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Video doesn't work. Youtube seems to have adopted a policy of deleting videos that involve vore, so yeah.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rolli » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Sideromelane wrote:Video doesn't work. Youtube seems to have adopted a policy of deleting videos that involve vore, so yeah.

Try watching from here then.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mqtj1ehd6qv5 ... 2.flv?dl=0
Rolli
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Rolli wrote:
Sideromelane wrote:Video doesn't work. Youtube seems to have adopted a policy of deleting videos that involve vore, so yeah.

Try watching from here then.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mqtj1ehd6qv5 ... 2.flv?dl=0

From the looks of it two things are going on.

First: EDIT: At first i thought skeleton mistake. On reflection, thete *is* a check in the CC for the skeleton compatibility.

That's not whats stopping the mod working though,if the belly nodes aren't there, the mod should still function, just no belly, or a CTD.

The second issue is PROBABLY as I've already mentioned, there are multiple checks on whether a character is male and you only disabled one set of them via scripts. You NEED to edit the mod in CC to get it working. The script check was a later addition after someone realized they could just disable the checks in the CC - so not only was the CC checks beefed up, the script changes were made to make damn sure.

There are at least two that I know of, you killed one with the scripts. The other is in CC, and there may be more than I know about.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Raiden13 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 pm

It seems it isn't just me that having this kind of problem :o I'm doing my best to find out how to solve this issue.
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jadex » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Sideromelane wrote:
The second issue is PROBABLY as I've already mentioned, there are multiple checks on whether a character is male and you only disabled one set of them via scripts. You NEED to edit the mod in CC to get it working. The script check was a later addition after someone realized they could just disable the checks in the CC - so not only was the CC checks beefed up, the script changes were made to make damn sure.

There are at least two that I know of, you killed one with the scripts. The other is in CC, and there may be more than I know about.

Man, he must have really hated the thought of male preds
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Jadex wrote:
Sideromelane wrote:

He did/does, I'm surprised no one stopped us here from how much drama this can cause if he comes back
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Raiden13 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 am

coop500 wrote:
Jadex wrote:
Sideromelane wrote:

He did/does, I'm surprised no one stopped us here from how much drama this can cause if he comes back

We could make another one from scratch. I did what I've do not only intended to people put male support by themselves (for those who wants), but to help us to build our own mod.
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby YouCanFreshMyFresh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 am

I sincerely hope that you can find a workaround for those checks, they were unnecessary then and comically petty now. Do you intend to release a patch to remove them, or just post instructions once you find a way?
YouCanFreshMyFresh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden13 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 am

Well, maybe a patch or an modified esm. :) I'm working on it. There are lots of magic effects which are only applicable on female characters. If this restrictions aren't satisfied, the effect won't be on your character and the scripts won't run. I'll see if removing this will work. I'm doing much more than removing a bunch of lines, I'm trying to understand how this mod works. I'm planning to release a version from scratch made by myself for both special and legendary edition of Skyrim.
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden13 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:41 am

Maybe the codes I release may help :) like I said, I'm trying to understand vegan's work before contribute with this mod or help me make another one. All I want is the part of switching character, understand how it works.
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden13 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:44 am

I respect vegan's wishes and his work. I'm not intended to release a male version of his mod. Maybe teach how to tweak their copies in order to work, but not release. I hope his codes may help people to create their versions :) even with Reformation (check alternate actors mod scripts may help)
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Okay uh question.
Has anyone set up some "Femenine Argonian" belly textures for those who want to use those textures in question?

Namely the ones from this mod. I remember it mentioned but I wanna make sure.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/?tab=files
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Raiden13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 am

Well, I know it's an outdated version, but I made male preds working on v0.53. I used it as an experiment to uncheck male blocks and it worked. :9 scripts and .esp editions worked.
On this edited version both male and female are preds and you can play as predator after digestion.
Don't forget to type "sexchange" on console :v. I may post a screenshot later X3
I'll be working on 0.65 plugin or a way to modify a .esm files. Now I Know what to modify :D and how his mod works.
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden13 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:09 am

It seems this thread is dead :c
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

A shame.... If I knew more about scripts I'd try to help but I'd just be more annoying than anything
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game