Escape or Die-gest - (Now also on Mac!) 1/02/2016

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Escape or Die-gest - FINISHED GAME RELEASED 6/30/2015

Postby NanasBananas » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Alright, after a very serious downloading session, I managed to recreate an optimistically large part of my game collection. Now that I'm with minimized losses and feeling a bit less traumatized, I actually gave the game a spin.

I like it. First of all, it's very challenging. This isn't really a normal requirement for me, especially in more story-driven games, but for games based on mechanics like this one, it's a lot more important. (In story based games I actually tend to get frustrated when I'm spending more time trying to win battles than enjoying the story - I don't mind cruisin'...) It's just frustrating enough to keep you going for a good few tries and give you a sense of satisfaction when you finally make it, while not being too difficult to the point it feels impossible. But then again, I still haven't finished the game, got to somewhere around level 20 or so, so I could be cursing those last few levels yet.

Also I like the image on the right and the little effects/animations. The sound effects are very nice, for starters. And it's the little things that help sell the game - like how failing a level instigates a burp from Sarah, after which a new mouse has to be swallowed, slowly filling up her belly. It makes the gameplay feel consequential.

Anyway, it's been enough activity for me today, I'll probably try to beat it tomorrow. Then it's off to re-beating all the other games. Heh, could actually be fun playing some of them from scratch again.

Very nice game.

EDIT: Yeah, I did do a brief google search about restoring deleted data, but I became convinced very quickly that it was lost. I may have become convinced a little too quickly, but oh well, no matter, these things happen.
Last edited by NanasBananas on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NanasBananas
Somewhat familiar

Postby GameOfPickles » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:44 pm

NanasBananas wrote:Alright, after a very serious downloading session, I managed to recreate an optimistically large part of my game collection. Now that I'm with minimized losses and feeling a bit less traumatized, I actually gave the game a spin.

I like it. First of all, it's very challenging. This isn't really a normal requirement for me, especially in more story-driven games, but for games based on mechanics like this one, it's a lot more important. (In story based games I actually tend to get frustrated when I'm spending more time trying to win battles than enjoying the story - I don't mind cruisin'...) It's just frustrating enough to keep you going for a good few tries and give you a sense of satisfaction when you finally make it, while not being too difficult to the point it feels impossible. But then again, I still haven't finished the game, got to somewhere around level 20 or so, so I could be cursing those last few levels yet.

Also I like the image on the right and the little effects/animations. The sound effects are very nice, for starters. And it's the little things that help sell the game - like how failing a level instigates a burp from Sarah, after which a new mouse has to be swallowed, slowly filling up her belly. It makes the gameplay feel consequential.

Anyway, it's been enough activity for me today, I'll probably try to beat it tomorrow. Then it's off to re-beating all the other games. Heh, could actually be fun playing some of them from scratch again.

Very nice game.

Thank you very much! I'm glad hear you were able to re-download your games and that the incident did not sour your experience with the game. I really appreciate your thoughtful feedback! :-D
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby psicotik » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Wow! Fucking great game, man!
It's near perfect, even if still haven't been able to finish it. The most difficult part is deciding if I actually want to save Mitsy, or just keep on filling Sarah's belly...

I like the new mechanic to keep playing after being totally full, I just would like to reset the difficulty of making room in Sarah after each new level, but I don't know if that would make the game too easy...

Anyway, congratulations on finishing the game, and a lot of thanks for spending your time and patience in giving us this great present.

Also, NanasBananas, I don't know if this advice will came too late, but maybe you can recover something with this tool:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Good luck!
Sorry for my English, it's not my main language ;)
psicotik
Been posting for a bit

Postby SurvivorX » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 pm

I liked the original and this version is even better. The only thing that frustrated me was the wait in between loading the same level if I kept dying. But since it was me dying, that was entirely my fault. Playing and beating the game is 100% worth doing. Thank you for the experience.
SurvivorX
New to the forum

Postby VoreNut » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Loved it... Though the choice between front and back 'door' out of the neko's body should have different layouts for their respective levels. Apart from that, you've done us proud.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:30 am

so I'm still playing it and my first impression is my hand really hurts. I can't say I'm a fan of using z and space for jumping and shooting since it mangles my hand and makes it hard to focus when both buttons need to be used frequently which makes me have to move my hand from space to z to space again, but then the rising acid pits begin to appear so I have to get a move on and clear out the bubbles at the same time. This doesn't feel like a test of skill at that point and feels like a test of patience since the transition for starting over take awhile also knowing the reason I'm dying is cause my hand can't move between the keys that fast. if the controls were just z and x for jump and shoot(or vice versa), I'd manage, but space and z hurts the crap out of my hands. Luckily, that game is cute and has a lot of cool ideas. I just feel it needs some tweaks.

I'll probably come back to it after I calm down over the frustration I had.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:25 am

reclusenutcase wrote:so I'm still playing it and my first impression is my hand really hurts. I can't say I'm a fan of using z and space for jumping and shooting since it mangles my hand and makes it hard to focus when both buttons need to be used frequently which makes me have to move my hand from space to z to space again, but then the rising acid pits begin to appear so I have to get a move on and clear out the bubbles at the same time. This doesn't feel like a test of skill at that point and feels like a test of patience since the transition for starting over take awhile also knowing the reason I'm dying is cause my hand can't move between the keys that fast. if the controls were just z and x for jump and shoot(or vice versa), I'd manage, but space and z hurts the crap out of my hands. Luckily, that game is cute and has a lot of cool ideas. I just feel it needs some tweaks.

At first I saw the Finished Game thing, and your name attached to it and I was like, Vore Dungen is finished, PLEASE don't let it be that reclusenutcase got sick of making it!

But the I remembered you only refrence this in your game, it's not called Escape or Diegest.

Then I read your comment and I got about here "so I'm still playing it and my first impression is my hand really hurts"... And well I'll just let you guess where my mind went.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 am

Eh... about that, Yeah, I'm still planning to get an update done. I just gotta get my data figured out between my two computers.

and yeah I could have phrased that better. Oh well.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vortrum » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 am

Yeah!!!!
I just can't wait to try it :D
Oh brave Luka... you have chosen the most foolish path.
-Ilias-
vortrum
Been posting for a bit

Postby Verilo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 am

Do you think it would be at all possible to get access to the sound clips used for this game? I really like the burps and whatnot.

EDIT: Actually, you know who'd love to play a game like this? PressHeartToContinue. If you don't know her, she's a Youtuber that's into all kinds of weird stuff. Maybe we could get her to play this? It'd probably be good for a giggle.
Verilo
Somewhat familiar

Postby GameOfPickles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Thank you psicotik and SurvivorX! I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that the game did not disappoint.

VoreNut wrote:Loved it... Though the choice between front and back 'door' out of the neko's body should have different layouts for their respective levels. Apart from that, you've done us proud.

I thought about doing that at first, but then realized that I wanted players to have the same experience whether they choose burps or farts. I didn't want someone to feel they were missing anything since they don't want to play through the colon stuff. Also making new levels takes a lot of time and work... ^^;

reclusenutcase wrote:so I'm still playing it and my first impression is my hand really hurts. I can't say I'm a fan of using z and space for jumping and shooting since it mangles my hand and makes it hard to focus when both buttons need to be used frequently which makes me have to move my hand from space to z to space again, but then the rising acid pits begin to appear so I have to get a move on and clear out the bubbles at the same time. This doesn't feel like a test of skill at that point and feels like a test of patience since the transition for starting over take awhile also knowing the reason I'm dying is cause my hand can't move between the keys that fast. if the controls were just z and x for jump and shoot(or vice versa), I'd manage, but space and z hurts the crap out of my hands. Luckily, that game is cute and has a lot of cool ideas. I just feel it needs some tweaks.

That's totally understandable. I agree that the controls are a little uncomfortable, but I did try several control layouts, including the z and x for shoot and jump. However, I found that using space to jump was more comfortable then x since I could use my thumb. Ideally though, this game would probably play best with a controller.

Verilo wrote:Do you think it would be at all possible to get access to the sound clips used for this game? I really like the burps and whatnot.

EDIT: Actually, you know who'd love to play a game like this? PressHeartToContinue. If you don't know her, she's a Youtuber that's into all kinds of weird stuff. Maybe we could get her to play this? It'd probably be good for a giggle.

I can send you the entire file for all the sounds of the game if you would like. I don't have a problem with that. And if you want to suggest PressHeartToContinue to play it, then I don't mind.
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreNut » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:07 pm

GameOfPickles wrote:
VoreNut wrote:Loved it... Though the choice between front and back 'door' out of the neko's body should have different layouts for their respective levels. Apart from that, you've done us proud.

I thought about doing that at first, but then realized that I wanted players to have the same experience whether they choose burps or farts. I didn't want someone to feel they were missing anything since they don't want to play through the colon stuff. Also making new levels takes a lot of time and work... ^^;

No worries... If you do decide to make em different, it would be worth the wait. But that's clearly up to you. Keep rockin hard :-P
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BloodyMarie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Last edited by BloodyMarie on Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodyMarie
Somewhat familiar

Postby GameOfPickles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:23 pm

BloodyMarie wrote:I was so excited to see this updated but I had to wait so long to get to it. Definitely worth the wait though!

I saw you had adjusted one of the jumps from the demo levels to make it much more manageable, so I was thinking "Pff, this game is going to be easy." I found out what the extra life mechanic was soon after that, whoops.

Really fun overall. Thanks a bunch for all the time and effort you put into this, it really shows.

As well since you mentioned it elsewhere, I would like to get my hands on the soundfiles if you are handing them out.

Thank you! I really didn't think making the game would take so long, but as I found out, making games is hard! I now have a new found respect for all game developers.

Anyways, by popular demand, here is a link to download all the sounds I used in the game. You may have to just listen to them to find out what they are since my labels can be confusing sometimes.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR SOUNDS: https://mega.co.nz/#!rFRCECKS!NGJcbtJFc ... V4qBXERmeA
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throwback523 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:59 am

Question: In what level do we get the gun/what purpose does it server?

I've been trying to beat the first level with the rising acid, but I've been having difficulties getting past it... hopefully the gun isn't too far after that one.
Throwback523
New to the forum

Postby GameOfPickles » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Throwback523 wrote:Question: In what level do we get the gun/what purpose does it server?

I've been trying to beat the first level with the rising acid, but I've been having difficulties getting past it... hopefully the gun isn't too far after that one.

You get the gun on level 14, which is the level after the next level you are on. So there are two levels with rising acid before you get the gun. The gun allows you to shoot the gas bubbles and pop them. Good luck and thanks for playing! :D
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreNut » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 pm

If you do make a sequel, what kind of giantesses would you have? The catgirl from this one should definitely be one of them. But who else would you add Pickles?
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throwback523 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:52 pm

GameOfPickles wrote:
Throwback523 wrote:Question: In what level do we get the gun/what purpose does it server?

You get the gun on level 14, which is the level after the next level you are on. So there are two levels with rising acid before you get the gun. The gun allows you to shoot the gas bubbles and pop them. Good luck and thanks for playing! :D

Ah shoot, don't think I'm gonna be able to beat those levels... man they're hard.

Do you think we'll ever see another update to this game? Perhaps one that allows us to save our progress through a run? I was almost thinking we could enter cheat codes to get to certain levels, the old-fashioned way.
Throwback523
New to the forum

Postby GameOfPickles » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Throwback523 wrote:Ah shoot, don't think I'm gonna be able to beat those levels... man they're hard.

Do you think we'll ever see another update to this game? Perhaps one that allows us to save our progress through a run? I was almost thinking we could enter cheat codes to get to certain levels, the old-fashioned way.

Haha! Sorry! I know they are hard, but you can't say I didn't warn you (I noted the difficulty on my post for the release :wink: ). Nevertheless, I didn't plan on doing any more big updates to the game, but I might add something like a level select eventually. If you beat the game though, you do unlock some stuff like infinite lives and starting with the gun.

VoreNut wrote:If you do make a sequel, what kind of giantesses would you have? The catgirl from this one should definitely be one of them. But who else would you add Pickles?

I'm sorry, but I really do not plan on making a sequel. However, to entertain your question, the only reason I used a catgirl giantess is because I had the existing artwork to work from. I am not a great artist, so I can't imagine having to create all the art and animations for various different giantess characters. At that point, I would probably have to make the game paid and get a real artist :| . Off the top of my head though, I would probably add a naga giantess or a succubus giantess (I have Karbo's new comic on my mind right now, so that might be affecting my decision a bit ^^; ).
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throwback523 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:27 pm

GameOfPickles wrote:
Throwback523 wrote:Ah shoot, don't think I'm gonna be able to beat those levels... man they're hard.

Haha! Sorry! I know they are hard, but you can't say I didn't warn you (I noted the difficulty on my post for the release :wink: ). Nevertheless, I didn't plan on doing any more big updates to the game, but I might add something like a level select eventually. If you beat the game though, you do unlock some stuff like infinite lives and starting with the gun.

Well then, if you do decide to add a level selector that would be great. :-D As a side-suggestion, after the catgirl gets full maybe you should change it so you have to do "rising acid" minigame thing every 3-5 times you die instead of every time. It an get pretty annoying.

Welp, while I'm waiting, does anybody have any suggestions for getting past the rising acid levels? Maybe some kind of complete playthrough of the game or something?
Throwback523
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game