Want races?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Want races?

Postby Kee_Fox » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:39 am

As I've finally gotten to afford myself a minescuel portion of free time (and a restored interest in the project) I finally find myself able to model again. The only problem is I don't know what to model.

I'd like a list of playble races/species that people want to include in the game. I can't garentee anyone that they'll actually make it into the game. It's worth letting me know though.

Also, I don't really know what the constraints or capacities of ralm crafter are. What kind of polygon limit am I working with? Quads or Trids? Etc... Would anyone who has a copy of the program please help me with those details?
Oh, wait... it's because I'm a fox isn't it?
Kee_Fox
Artist

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:26 am

Some questions about modeling answered here:
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1295

What kind of polygon limit am I working with?: Keep it low, try and stay under 1000 triangles if possible
Quads or Trids?: Triangles only.
Careful, you are constrained on bone names for playable characters. Refer to the link above...
Models can have bones that are rotated, or translated. No scaling, sadly, no vertex keyframes... >.< this is a severe problem...

As for Races, Monsters and the like, I haven't seen a design document floating around anywhere yet... But I can anticipate we will need:
Generic Male/Female Humans (thin/normal/fat and short/meduim/tall)
Probably some assortment of anthropomorphic creatures, I dunno, we haven't really got a requirement here...
We do need weapon models, (swords, crossbows, pointy things of all kinds, obscure weapons)
And objects, things to stick in the level, like plants and textures, benches, seats, houses, decorative things.
Levels are also 3D models, which is interesting...

For my sake, make sure your modeler can export into the OGRE XML format.

If you want, you can look at some junk I thought of for it... and yes, I do have a 10% complete model of Marble Gardens: http://67.43.243.219/vore/Z_Levelplan.pdf
I repeat, the above document is just MY ideas... although I like using Open Office.org. :P
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Zhuge_Liang » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:32 pm

well you always got to have the bog standard: human everygame always has humans as for other it depends on what its based on but as i take tis a fur game id imagine: dragons, foxes, wolves, cats, lizards, combos of various animals and so on, then for other people who dont want to be them (but i doubt it) orks, elves, dwarfs, goblins, rat men etc (im only assuming its a fantasy setting)
as soon as your born you start dyign so you might as well have a good tiem ^.=.^
Zhuge_Liang
Participator

Re:

Postby Queen_Haruka » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:56 pm

Perhaps you can start with Humans....and then as your character develops you can find certain characters in the game that'll transform you into a certain character with enhanced skills.

For example....when I'm a female human and I reach lvl 25 I run into Naga forest, fight my way to the NPC that does the transformation, and POOF I'm a lvl 1 Naga Girl ^^
Queen_Haruka
New to the forum

Re:

Postby Kanosint » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:46 am

I'd say Humans an the usual Anthros: Felines, Canines, Vulpines, Birdy, Batty, etc :3 Or perhaps go 'Savage Species', and instead of classes, you advance as a race, so eg, an Elephant grows larger as he levels, grows in strangth, etc.
Little Tiger, burning bright
With a subtle Blakeish light,
Tell what visions have their home
In those eyes of flame and chrome!
Kanosint
Chokkit Shmup Kitty

Re:

Postby Razgriz » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:57 pm

Queen_Haruka wrote:Perhaps you can start with Humans....and then as your character develops you can find certain characters in the game that'll transform you into a certain character with enhanced skills.

For example....when I'm a female human and I reach lvl 25 I run into Naga forest, fight my way to the NPC that does the transformation, and POOF I'm a lvl 1 Naga Girl ^^

I quite like that, but insted of "poof", perhaps make it gradual. (if possible.) So, i'm a male human taking a "naga" quest to become one. Or take a dragon quest, etc.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Rat_Guy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:16 am

people will get pissed if you don't include nagas and furries, personnely I like mostly human guys. but I'v always wondered what it would be like to play as a dragon in an MMO...
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Terastas » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:37 am

Well, there are a lot of different variants that I think a lot of people would be disappointed not to have involved, but sooner or later you're going to have to say no to somebody.

First and foremost, you don't need humans, but if you don't include them, you shouldn't include anything else with a human-like head either. You have to either include humans or go 100% anthro.

Second, if you're trying to provide as all-encompassing an experience as possible, there are four basic body structures you may want to consider:

1) Biped
2) Taur
3) Naga
4) Quadruped

Again, you don't have to include all of them, but there will definitely be someone disappointed if they aren't. But again, you're going to have to say no sooner or later. If you try to incorporate everything suggested into the game, you're never going to be done modeling.

Species especially is going to take some narrowing down on your part; unless you can provide a customizable model like the ones in Second Life, you're going to have to draw the line somewhere. If you're looking to please the most people, however, here's the minimum I'd recommend:

1) One humanoid
2) One canine (fox included)
3) One feline
4) One reptile
5) One herbivore

Those are just the minimum I'd recommend; feel free to add onto that if you have the time and willpower to do so. I wouldn't say those five are absolutely essential, but they probably will satisfy the most gamers in the community.

I'd have to know more about the game before I could offer any more advice than that though. My biggest recommendation would be to work on the game itself before you worry about the presentation of it.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby RooTail » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:41 pm

I would personally like to suggest kangaroos :P

But seen as that isn't that popular a choice and you'd only be pleasing a minority, go with the safer furry option of fox or wolf.

I would like to suggest that you should avoid hippos though. I love the look of them an all, but the fact that they're fat to begin with takes away some of the fun. Much better to see an improved, large bump rather than have something disappear into a pile of fat.
"Guns are no match for rootail! Especially when hungry." -darkmark67
RooTail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game