[Suggestion] Pinned topic Post?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

[Suggestion] Pinned topic Post?

Postby Journeyman » Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am

Hi folksies - just wanted to drop a suggestion in here, since for the 11ty'th time, I find myself peering through the forum looking for a link to show a friend the thing I was talking about. Could we have a moderated, pinned topic containing links to the forum posts for games that have playable content. It would take the form of:

Link To Topic - Content Preference - Type of Game - State of playability - Requirements

[link]Game Name[/link] - FMO/FMO - RPG/FPS/RTS/Renai/Puzzle/Card - Beta/Episodes/Partial/Free/Paid/Donation - Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS/Tizen/HTML5, RPG Maker, etc

Solves 2 issues
Problem 1: Why do we like acronyms so much? Every freaking topic is named VMMORMPVGTS or somethin of the sort. I can't find anything!
Problem 2: Discussion is cheap. Making games is hard. Natural evolution of the forum is that a completed game, or one that hasn't updated lately, will fall many forum pages behind games that aren't yet underway but have active discussions about what should be in the game. Discussion is nice, but it definitely out-paces playable game publication.

There's already an oddly specific topic floating around: "list games that a ton of work went into - totally complete games only - that are 100% free for me to play."
Perhaps well-intentioned, but not great for this forum. The OP seems not to understand (or care) how much work goes into completing a game. Many work-in-progress games with tangible, playable content are lots of fun and deserve attention and feedback. Some games ask for a donation or fee in exchange for the insane amount of work that went into them--these honestly deserve attention as well because when people come to this forum they want "the vore games" rather than a sub-set of games that someone with no budget prefers. While that topic is fine in its own right, there's still not a general listing of "things you can play."

So, I feel we do need a pinned collection of playable games. The requirements could look like this:
When posting a game suggestion, you must include the following info in both your suggestion post and the OP of your game:
Link To Topic - Content Preference - Type of Game - State of playability - Requirements

Use the following template and example as a guide
[link]Game Name[/link] - FMO/FMO - RPG/FPS/RTS/Renai/Puzzle/Card - Beta/Episodes/Partial/Free/Paid/Donation - Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS/Tizen/HTML5, RPG Maker, etc
Example: Vore Night - F/FO - RPG - Free Episodes - Windows, RPG Maker
Your Game topic's OP should also contain at least one screenshot of the game that gives a sense of how it looks or works in order to be considered for the pinned topic.

Game developers may post a link to their topic plus the required info in the comments of this pinned topic; if the proposal post and the game's linked topic post appear to meet these requirements, the proposal will be removed for cleanliness sake and the link and information will be added to the pinned topic. If a game's OP misrepresents the game, or if a link to the content becomes unavailable, players may comment in the pinned topic and appropriate action regarding that game's listing will be determined.

What do we think? Pretty please? :D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: [Suggestion] Pinned topic Post?

Postby Eka » Sat May 03, 2014 11:17 am

Who is going to maintenance the list?
Eka
Administrator

Postby hernextmeal » Sat May 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Maybe a link to a page on the Wiki would be better so everybody can edit the list?
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sat May 03, 2014 9:52 pm

I would suggest a forum moderator to volunteer to moderate the list--in theory, the maintenance would not be too great, since the moderator would need only to ensure that the linked topics fit the format required. The moderator would not be expected to test all of the games, but only to check that the suggestions linked to valid topics and to keep the thread cleaned up. (I would even volunteer if you like; I am around here at least once daily and have been for nearly 8 years)

A wiki might also do nicely, although without a moderator, it is difficult to ensure that all of the games listed are in the simple and uniform format and that the links work. Either solution would be a benefit!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 am

Why not just go ahead and make it? Go through the existing and in-development vore games being made right now, make the listing as the first post in a new thread, and then private-message the various game creators whether they'd like to write up a short blurb with screenshots in order to advertise their game or if they'd be fine with you doing it for them. If it seems like a valuable-enough and useful-enough resource, report it for sticky and we'll see if it sticks.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sun May 04, 2014 12:10 pm

*ponders*
You do make a good point. Personality-wise, I guess I was more inclined to the "ask the powers that be if this would be ok" approach, but I suppose that making it and seeing whether it sticks is a sure-fire way to proof-of-concept the thing. I..might :)
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Sun May 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Well, someone is going to have to go ahead and make the list, verifies them. Showing a consistent record of keeping it valid and up to day. Etc.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Journeyman » Sun May 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Working on it now :)
I'll post a topic with a handful of current games around the forum, and with as much information as I can get from the topic posts and from play-through. Going forward, I will hope that developers will mention their game in a comment, with the information provided; I will then add them to the list :D I suppose I can take a try at keeping it current, too--you've kept me around here for 8 years, so I might still be around some more :)

Edit: Will make this post tomorrow :)
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Vore game