Found Unbirth MUGEN Character: NT Mama

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Found Unbirth MUGEN Character: NT Mama

Postby soline » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:51 pm

N'er mind, I just read through the entire thread.

Firstly, this is an absolutely *wonderful* demonstration of teamwork and fandomness :D. Have to say if there'd be a poster child of what at least some of us would hope from the Portal, this thread would pretty much sum it up (minus a few tangents here and there), was actually genuinely pleasant to read half a dozen completely separate people chiming in with 'hey, I did this thing too. I can tweak that for you'.

Secondly, thanks a tonne. Seriously. I've only just downloaded Mugen and I'm eagerly looking forward to playing with Mama.
soline
---

Postby Ehe044 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqhq4ShJ_U

this is the update i was talking about but i have to warn you if you want to install it it has a tendensy to allter all mamas even if you have them in different folders.
happened to me :'(
Ehe044
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Ehe044 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqhq4ShJ_U

this is the update i was talking about but i have to warn you if you want to install it it has a tendensy to allter all mamas even if you have them in different folders.
happened to me :'(

Again, The newer updates let you customize Mama's unbirth damage, so you CAN make her as powerful as that video. Instructions are only a few posts back.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Ehe044 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 pm

soline wrote:N'er mind, I just read through the entire thread.

Firstly, this is an absolutely *wonderful* demonstration of teamwork and fandomness :D. Have to say if there'd be a poster child of what at least some of us would hope from the Portal, this thread would pretty much sum it up (minus a few tangents here and there), was actually genuinely pleasant to read half a dozen completely separate people chiming in with 'hey, I did this thing too. I can tweak that for you'.

Secondly, thanks a tonne. Seriously. I've only just downloaded Mugen and I'm eagerly looking forward to playing with Mama.

I cant agree more. Where i am now (norway for those of you how are interested not that anyone cares) it 5:00 am and i have spend the entier night going thoug the forum of NT-mama and now i have finally a mama that i am happy with and there is yet more to come cant wait. But the best of all is that every time i saw an update for mama form the original charater to the last update and i feel like i could see the charater change in front of me (witch it did) and i get to see how this broken forgoten character just grows and everyone who helped that come true i wish i had something more to say than just thank you. So keep up the good work cause i am not the only one who loves who this is turning out.
Sincerely someone who wish he could help.
Ehe044
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:23 am

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Straight to the point, here's your download. Everything in it, feel free to overwrite EVERYTHING in your existing NT Mama folder: Mama 2016

New features:
Spoiler: show
Readjusted damage scaling and knockdown triggers.
-New damage scaling is 80% for each hit, with a minimum of 20%.
-Knockdown counter is incremented every time you use an unbirth or dish shove attack, allowing you to repeat some knockdown moves in a combo, but not indefinitely.
-Using an unbirth attack and going over the knockdown counter will make Mama release her opponent straight to the ground, instead of another wallslam.
-Using her new shove attack will cause the opponent to wallslam, but they will be invincible for the duration.
-Knockdown and damage counters reset when your opponent is no longer in the hurt state.

Changed the functioning of her frisbee move completely.
-Hold A for Mama to ready her frisbee.
-You should see an arrow appear. Hold up or down to change the angle of the throw.
-Hold back for less range, or forward for more range. Or, hold neither for normal range.
-The frisbee will return after going its maximum distance, or hitting the opponent.
-Mama will catch the frisbee if it touches her while she's standing still or currently in an attack animation and has landed a hit. You can exploit this to cancel moves with long ending times!

Implemented no_one_you_know's sprites.
Tweaked her AI to use her new attacks.

...there's probably something else I forgot. Oh well, it probably isn't important. I didn't really document this update.

New attacks!
{4}, 6 +X/Y/Z (Hold Back, then press forward + X, Y, or Z.)
-Mama pulls up her NT dish as a shield, then lunges forward for an attack. Causes a wallslam when it hits, letting you follow up with some other attacks if you're close to the wall.
--X has no armor and is fast, and can combo out of her normals.
--Y has 1 hit of armor, allowing Mama to push through 1 attack. Slower, but more damage and moves farther.
--Z has 2 hits of armor, is slower, farther, and with more damage. Cannot combo out of her normal attacks, but can help with keeping offensive pressure up due to its distance and armor.

214 + X/Y/Z (Down, Down+Back, Back, X/Y/Z)
-Mama creates a dish under her opponent and brings it upward. Launches opponent into the air. Can cancel into a jump on a hit. Hits low, and must be blocked low. Play mindgames!
--X version is short range, Y is medium, Z is long. No difference in damage, but Y and Z versions launch the opponent at an angle towards Mama.

214 + B (Down, Down+Back, Back, B)
-Suction grab! Mama sits down and lifts up her skirt. And opponents standing, crouching, or laying directly in front of her will be sucked into her womb.
-Mama can then walk around like with her unbirth hyper attacks.
-This attack deals no damage except when releasing her opponent.

236 + B (Down, Down+Forward, Forward, B)
-Kiss! Mama grabs her opponent and gives them a big kiss. Functionally similar to her standing grab, I may add different properties later, such as slower startup with armor.
-Triggers oral vore upon KO in singles. Mama inhales her opponent and happily stands with a big belly.
-Oral vore does not trigger in 2v2 yet.

Sorry for taking so long for so little of an update. Work and college have kept me busy, and while I still have plenty of time to goof off, I've been spending that time in Fallout 4. I haven't been in the Mugen mood recently, and just came back to starting it up again a week ago. There's still a few things on the list to do for Mama, but her code is a jumbled mess, and half of it is in Japanese. I won't promise an update soon except for bugfixes, but I'll be redoing Mama's code from scratch if I make another update for her. It'll be easier for myself and others to look through it.

Have fun with the new update! Oh, and check out my new thread. That's where I'll be posting any other edits of mine.
Last edited by Pilum on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pilum
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:48 am

Pilum wrote:It's been a while, hasn't it?

Straight to the point, here's your download. Everything in it, feel free to overwrite EVERYTHING in your existing NT Mama folder: Mama 2016

New features:
Readjusted damage scaling and knockdown triggers.
-New damage scaling is 80% for each hit, with a minimum of 20%.
-Knockdown counter is incremented every time you use an unbirth or dish shove attack, allowing you to repeat some knockdown moves in a combo, but not indefinitely.
-Using an unbirth attack and going over the knockdown counter will make Mama release her opponent straight to the ground, instead of another wallslam.
-Using her new shove attack will cause the opponent to wallslam, but they will be invincible for the duration.
-Knockdown and damage counters reset when your opponent is no longer in the hurt state.

Implemented no_one_you_know's sprites.
Tweaked her AI to use her new attacks.

...there's probably something else I forgot. Oh well, it probably isn't important. I didn't really document this update.

New attacks!
{4}, 6 +X/Y/Z (Hold Back, then press forward + X, Y, or Z.)
-Mama pulls up her NT dish as a shield, then lunges forward for an attack. Causes a wallslam when it hits, letting you follow up with some other attacks if you're close to the wall.
--X has no armor and is fast, and can combo out of her normals.
--Y has 1 hit of armor, allowing Mama to push through 1 attack. Slower, but more damage and moves farther.
--Z has 2 hits of armor, is slower, farther, and with more damage. Cannot combo out of her normal attacks, but can help with keeping offensive pressure up due to its distance and armor.

214 + X/Y/Z (Down, Down+Back, Back, X/Y/Z)
-Mama creates a dish under her opponent and brings it upward. Launches opponent into the air. Can cancel into a jump on a hit. Hits low, and must be blocked low. Play mindgames!
--X version is short range, Y is medium, Z is long. No difference in damage, but Y and Z versions launch the opponent at an angle towards Mama.

214 + B (Down, Down+Back, Back, B)
-Suction grab! Mama sits down and lifts up her skirt. And opponents standing, crouching, or laying directly in front of her will be sucked into her womb.
-Mama can then walk around like with her unbirth hyper attacks.
-This attack deals no damage except when releasing her opponent.

236 + B (Down, Down+Forward, Forward, B)
-Kiss! Mama grabs her opponent and gives them a big kiss. Functionally similar to her standing grab, I may add different properties later, such as slower startup with armor.
-Triggers oral vore upon KO in singles. Mama inhales her opponent and happily stands with a big belly.
-Oral vore does not trigger in 2v2 yet.

Sorry for taking so long for so little of an update. Work and college have kept me busy, and while I still have plenty of time to goof off, I've been spending that time in Fallout 4. I haven't been in the Mugen mood recently, and just came back to starting it up again a week ago. There's still a few things on the list to do for Mama, but her code is a jumbled mess, and half of it is in Japanese. I won't promise an update soon except for bugfixes, but I'll be redoing Mama's code from scratch if I make another update for her. It'll be easier for myself and others to look through it.

Have fun with the new update! Oh, and check out my new thread. That's where I'll be posting any other edits of mine.

I know what you mean about FO4. It's not very good without mods, but with mods it's damn hard to put down.

I'm seeing some realy cool things in this update, but one problems I'm noticing is that she seems very comitted to the pie tin thrust move that knocks back the enemy. She spams it alot, and it gets her hurt I'd say a minimum of 3 out of 5 times. Plus its just kind of a slow move, that slows down the matches.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheSignPainter » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:22 am

i absolutely love this update. partially because of the new oral move, and partially because the character in general is just really cool.

that said...is it at all possible to modify the new unbirth suction attack to do damage while the enemy is inside Mama? i'm just curious, because the lack of damage seems a bit out of place by comparison to the rest of her moves.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ominom » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:31 pm

This update is loads of fun and all the animations are incredible, but I haven't yet been able to get Mama to trigger the suction attack. I guess that just gives me all the more reason to play around with her more! She has seriously become an amazing character; keep up the amazing work! You are very talented.
Ominom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:35 pm

I just updated the links both here and in my own thread. Changes:

Fixed the glitch where Mama could throw multiple frisbees with her A attack. Also, I forgot to mention this part in the update. :P
The below paragraph has been appended to the previous post, but here's what's new with her frisbee attack:
Changed the functioning of her frisbee move completely.
-Hold A for Mama to ready her frisbee.
-You should see an arrow appear. Hold up or down to change the angle of the throw.
-Hold back for less range, or forward for more range. Or, hold neither for normal range.
-The frisbee will return after going its maximum distance, or hitting the opponent.
-Mama will catch the frisbee if it touches her while she's standing still or currently in an attack animation and has landed a hit. You can exploit this to cancel moves with long ending times!

The command now checks to make sure she doesn't already have a frisbee out. This should prevent the infinite that Anesthetic discovered.

Mama's suction grab instead goes to her unbirth damage state instead of carry.
Changed Mama's AI to use her dish shove attack much less frequently.

Ominom wrote:This update is loads of fun and all the animations are incredible, but I haven't yet been able to get Mama to trigger the suction attack. I guess that just gives me all the more reason to play around with her more! She has seriously become an amazing character; keep up the amazing work! You are very talented.

Mama's AI only tries to use this if her opponent is on the ground right in front of her. It rarely happens, but when she can use it, she will. Expect future updates to improve her AI to actively try to go for these setups.
Pilum
Participator

Postby cakemanisreal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:58 pm

There's just one problem with your link,through...It says that the file isn't available anymore...
I will be planning on making a new modpack exclusively for ATLauncher; GajinCraft! I'll need help on which mods to add to this modpack,through...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:27 pm

cakemanisreal wrote:There's just one problem with your link,through...It says that the file isn't available anymore...

Did you click the link in my post? I updated the file earlier this morning to fix some bugs, and changed the link as well. If you're clicking the link in the quote in Anesthetic's post, it will link to the old download, which I've deleted.

Use the link in my post, that one has been updated.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Someone92 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:40 am

The AI never managed to chain any knockdowns into unbirth, even on the highest difficulty level. Is that normal, or one of the bugs you mentioned?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 am

Someone92 wrote:The AI never managed to chain any knockdowns into unbirth, even on the highest difficulty level. Is that normal, or one of the bugs you mentioned?

Explain what you mean. Unbirthing someone at the end of a chain of normals, or trying to unbirth an opponent who is laying down and missing them completely?

EDIT: I found the problem. While I was rewriting Mama's knockdown calculation, I temporarily disabled Mama unbirthing downed opponents and forgot to re-enable it. Problem has been fixed and the download link has been updated.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Someone92 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:54 am

Pilum wrote:EDIT: I found the problem. While I was rewriting Mama's knockdown calculation, I temporarily disabled Mama unbirthing downed opponents and forgot to re-enable it. Problem has been fixed and the download link has been updated.

Can it be that you forgot it to fix it for the hyper unbirth move?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Someone92 wrote:
Pilum wrote:EDIT: I found the problem. While I was rewriting Mama's knockdown calculation, I temporarily disabled Mama unbirthing downed opponents and forgot to re-enable it. Problem has been fixed and the download link has been updated.

Can it be that you forgot it to fix it for the hyper unbirth move?

I checked the hyper as well when I made the fix, everything should be good.
Pilum
Participator

Postby lazulite_sword » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:21 am

I love the dedication of this thread in turning a kinda meh character into one of the best of her kind, even making her viable as a pretty decent combat character! However, is there a way to update some of the new grabs' durations?
lazulite_sword
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:24 am

lazulite_sword wrote:I love the dedication of this thread in turning a kinda meh character into one of the best of her kind, even making her viable as a pretty decent combat character! However, is there a way to update some of the new grabs' durations?

If you're referring to Mama's unbirth attacks, I have explicitly defined customizable variables that let you set Mama's unbirth damage, unbirth duration, and carry duration. Look for statedef 5900 in common1.cns:
Code: Select all
[State 5900, Unbirth Damage]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = time = 0
v = 31
value = 30 ;Unbirth base damage, will be reduced with each hit. Default is 40. Friendly unbirthed characters are healed twice this amount.

[State 5900, Unbirth Special Duration]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = time = 0
v = 33
value = 3 ;Unbirth special duration, in number of beats. Set to negative for infinite. Default is 3.

[State 5900, Unbirth Hyper Duration] ;
type = VarSet
trigger1 = time = 0
v = 34
value = 6 ;Unbirth Hyper duration, in number of beats. Set to negative for infinite. Default is 6.

[State 5900, Unbirth Hyper Carry Duration] ;
type = VarSet
trigger1 = time = 0
v = 37
value = 600 ;Unbirth Hyper carry duration, in frames. Set to negative for infinite. Default is 600.

Edit any of the "value = " entries. The comments are self-explanatory.

If you are referring to Mama's breast smother and kiss grabs, they function differently. Editing them would require some knowledge of Mugen.

Mama's smother grab state is found in Statedef 651, in NT_N.cns. Her animation for this grab is mismatched, at anim 1111. (If/when I rewrite Mama, I'll try to properly pair anim and state numbers.)
To extend the smother grab, you will need to add the necessary frames on to anim 1111, Mama's animation, and 1112, the layered mask animation which creates the illusion of Mama's arms around the opponent, and stuffing their face in her cleavage. Both use sprites from group 1100.

Next, edit any of the state controllers in State 651 that have triggers saying "animelemtime(x) = 0." Add in more triggers for the xth index of her new animation. (Currently at animelemtime(2), then 5, then 8. If you keep the animation looking similar enough, it should increment by threes: 11, 14, and so on.

Mama's kiss grab is Statedef 611, also in NT_N.cns, using anim 610. Edit the animations as necessary, but in this case, you shouldn't need to add new frames, just extend the existing ones. Remember that this animation also uses anim 611 for a mask.

The state controllers in state 611 are similar to her smother grab, except that they use time triggers. If you've gotten this far, you should hopefully know how to edit these.
Pilum
Participator

Postby lazulite_sword » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:10 am

thanks for the mini-tutorial and quick reply! was kinda nervous after being a long time lurker to just come out and start asking question. Good thing as i discovered a fun character to play around with and nice mini-tutorials on how to edit things!

One more question on how to edit things properly. How does one properly edit the heart animation without having a wave beam of hearts flying out?
lazulite_sword
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:03 am

lazulite_sword wrote:thanks for the mini-tutorial and quick reply! was kinda nervous after being a long time lurker to just come out and start asking question. Good thing as i discovered a fun character to play around with and nice mini-tutorials on how to edit things!

One more question on how to edit things properly. How does one properly edit the heart animation without having a wave beam of hearts flying out?

The hearts are "helper" objects which have their own set of actions, but you shouldn't need to edit anything for them. However, they are created by state controllers in her grab states. Look for something that looks similar to this:
[State 651, Heart]
type = helper
trigger1 = animelemtime(2) = 0
trigger2 = animelemtime(5) = 0
trigger3 = animelemtime(8) = 0
name = "heart"
helpertype = normal
stateno = 10110
id = 10110
pos = 16,-62
postype = p1
ownpal = 1
keyctrl = 0
persistent = 1
ignorehitpause = 1
sprpriority = 5
size.xscale = 0.2
size.yscale = 0.2

If Mama's releasing a continuous stream of hearts, then one of the triggers is activating when it shouldn't. My best idea is that an "animelemtime" trigger is being used improperly. If the animelem checked by animelemtime exceeds that of the current animation, its value will default to 0, and it will continue to trigger. For example:

Mama's breast smother normally only has 9 different frames of animation, so any animelem triggers can go from 1 to 9. If you use her default smother animation and try to place an "animelemtime(11) = 0," you will have problems. If an animelem hasn't been reached yet, "animelemtime" evaluates as a negative number. Otherwise, animelemtime evaluates to the number of in-game frames since that animelem of animation has been reached. However, if the animelem does not exist in the animation, such as trying to use "animelemtime(11) = 0" to check for the 11th animelem in an animation that only contains 9, animelemtime always evaluates to 0, and you get a continuous stream of hearts.

TL;DR: Check the triggers on any of the helper events that create a "heart" at state 10110. If they check for animelemtime that's out of the animation's range, change or delete them.
Pilum
Participator

Postby ShinySpiritSeer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:24 am

Pilum wrote:
lazulite_sword wrote:thanks for the mini-tutorial and quick reply! was kinda nervous after being a long time lurker to just come out and start asking question. Good thing as i discovered a fun character to play around with and nice mini-tutorials on how to edit things!

The hearts are "helper" objects which have their own set of actions, but you shouldn't need to edit anything for them. However, they are created by state controllers in her grab states. Look for something that looks similar to this:
[State 651, Heart]
type = helper
trigger1 = animelemtime(2) = 0
trigger2 = animelemtime(5) = 0
trigger3 = animelemtime(8) = 0
name = "heart"
helpertype = normal
stateno = 10110
id = 10110
pos = 16,-62
postype = p1
ownpal = 1
keyctrl = 0
persistent = 1
ignorehitpause = 1
sprpriority = 5
size.xscale = 0.2
size.yscale = 0.2

If Mama's releasing a continuous stream of hearts, then one of the triggers is activating when it shouldn't. My best idea is that an "animelemtime" trigger is being used improperly. If the animelem checked by animelemtime exceeds that of the current animation, its value will default to 0, and it will continue to trigger. For example:

Mama's breast smother normally only has 9 different frames of animation, so any animelem triggers can go from 1 to 9. If you use her default smother animation and try to place an "animelemtime(11) = 0," you will have problems. If an animelem hasn't been reached yet, "animelemtime" evaluates as a negative number. Otherwise, animelemtime evaluates to the number of in-game frames since that animelem of animation has been reached. However, if the animelem does not exist in the animation, such as trying to use "animelemtime(11) = 0" to check for the 11th animelem in an animation that only contains 9, animelemtime always evaluates to 0, and you get a continuous stream of hearts.

TL;DR: Check the triggers on any of the helper events that create a "heart" at state 10110. If they check for animelemtime that's out of the animation's range, change or delete them.

Couldn't have said it better myself
ShinySpiritSeer
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game