New Voremon (Chapter 6 Available)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

New Voremon (Chapter 6 Available)

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:28 pm

(THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER A GAME. IT IS NOW A STORY. CHAPTERS AVAILABLE BELOW)
Chapter 1: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/26495777/
Chapter 2: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/26783028/
Chapter 3: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/26892085/
Chapter 4: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/28366409/
Chapter 5: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/31045013/
Chapter 6: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/41289863/

Well, it's about time I do this. Normally I wouldn't make a new topic for a game just because the previous one got too large, but in this case about 90% of the previous topic is outdated and moot because of the recent remaking of the game. If somebody were to go through the trouble of actually scrolling through it now, they'd just find lots of false information as they waste their time. As such, it's time to start anew with a fresh topic that's dedicated to Voremon's remake.

For those new to the scene, Voremon is a vore game I'm making using RPG Maker that stars pokemon as the main characters. The game's heaviest themes when it comes to vore are soft oral, as well as cooking and prepping of the prey. There's also the occasional implied hard vore, and other bits of fetish material here and there such as bondage and hypnosis. Mostly vore though, and primarily any other fetish material like the aforementioned ones are generally used to lead into vore. As for genders, all characters, except for those belonging to species with only one, are depicted as unspecified so that the player can imagine whatever genders best suit their interests for the characters throughout the story.

The game follows the adventures of four heroes as they combat an evil, mysterious pokemon known as Vore Lord who's unlocked an ancient power known as vore which allows a pokemon to consume others in order to increase in strength. To combat this threat, the world's four guardians select four pokemon to take up arms by using vore themselves to combat Vore Lord and its forces before they can blanket the world in darkness. The game progresses by clearing stages, and alternating between using each of the four heroes. Every one has their own unique play style, keeping the game constantly changing as you go.

Umbreon: The first of the four heroes, its stages are oriented around puzzles. Moving about, interacting with various objects and mechanisms, and using an assortment of special skills you unlock later on, the player must guide Umbreon from room to room solving puzzles of all sorts within a time limit, from pressing buttons and pushing blocks, to more complex problems like unveiling invisible bridges and deciphering codes and patterns. Each room has its own time limit, so you don't need to worry about difficulty in an earlier area hurting your chances in the later sections. Umbreon's guardian is Celebi, who uses its time powers to reset a floor's puzzle if mistakes are made, but without also restarting the time limit.

Charizard: Once the third hero, I changed it to the second to mix things up a bit, separating the like play styles from one another to help with the game's feel. Charizard's stages involve fighting through hoards of enemies one after another in turn-based combat where you must take full advantage of status effects, buffs and debuffs, as well as type advantage in order to topple your foes. There are treasure chests scattered about, and consuming defeated enemies allows Charizard to become stronger depending on which pokemon is devoured to increase your odds against the rest. Later on, Charizard will recruit additional party members, mostly in the form of substitute dolls empowered by vore. Charizard's guardian is Jirachi, who grants Charizard's wish to consume the pokemon who wronged it by shrinking them down to size. It may also aid Charizard later on with wishes to improve stats, restore HP, and so on, but that's still in the works.

Lucario: Swapping places with Charizard, Lucario is now the third hero of the story. Its stages involve puzzle-solving like Umbreon, which is why I decided to distance those two a bit to help keep the game play feeling fresh as possible. However, that's pretty much where the similarities end. Unlike Umbreon, Lucario doesn't race against a clock, but rather has a preset number of skill points to spend on every floor. If its AP reaches zero, then it's game over, requiring the player to take their time and think things through before acting, as opposed to the more frantic feel of Umbreon's obstacles. Lucario also has a much wider variety of skills for interacting with the things in its way, with more unlocking as the game progresses. Lucario's guardian is Mew, who protects Lucario with a barrier to prevent it from being captured by the deadly traps built into the fortresses it invades.

Dragonair: (NOTICE: Dragonair's remake hasn't yet been put into motion, so most of everything posted here is presently just theory, and may change by time the first demo starring Dragonair is released). The last of the heroes, Dragonair's game play is similar to Charizard's in the same was Umbreon and Lucario are like each other. Dragonair must fight enemies, but in a totally different type of combat system, and with different rewards. Combat is based on making decisions for several rounds at once, and then watching combat play out based on what actions were selected for each round. Strategy comes in deciding what to do when, based on various icons represented in each round on a grid that indicates when it may be best to attack, defend, etc. As Dragonair defeats enemies, it rescues pokemon in need, temporarily recruiting them as allies, extending the number of combat options available for dealing with those tougher foes. However, Dragonair is very weak from an introductory encounter, so it requires help from its guardian to get by. Manaphy uses its Heart Swap after a certain number of combat rounds have passed to determine the outcome of every battle. If Dragonair has the advantage, then Heart Swap lulls the enemy into submission, causing it to back down. However, if the enemy has the advantage by the end of the last round, then Heart Swap backfires and hits Dragonair instead, transforming the once proud savior into a pokemon glad to slither into one of the enemy's available ovens.

Well, that's the gist of it, but words can only explain so much. The best way to experience and learn about the game, is to play a demo. Fortunately, there's one currently available. Here's the current link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32kz8u9l1x96y ... 5.exe?dl=0

With that said, I hope you enjoy the wonderful world of Voremon, and I'd love to hear any feedback.
Last edited by foxyumbreon on Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: New Voremon (Demo available)

Postby four_fleets » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 am

Just remaking the original, or adding new features?
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:38 pm

four_fleets wrote:Just remaking the original, or adding new features?

I'm basically remaking it for several reasons that gradually accumulated over time. The plot and characters are remaining the same, and a number of the new features are going to be based on old ones, but for the most part it's a redo of the game play, making it a bit more accessible and less broken-feeling by applying elements that work better with the RPG Maker engine than before. I still plan on making it quite difficult, but in a less frustrating way with more save opportunities, and mechanics that make it feel more like you lost because of lack of personal ability, rather than because you got slapped by a crappy hit box or something due to RPG Maker's limitations.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Nice...! Wish I could download it, but not on this computer... I have to wait until next month...
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby voreftw » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:33 am

Was fun, completely playable. Had a little bit of issues against the first boss when it came to the box picture puzzle. Somehow i must of messed it up twice because the boxes just stopped responding to my clicks and I had to click "x"to start over. Other than that I haven't seen any bugs while I played through it. One thing I ask if you could possibly add in a feature in the menu to review previous vore scene's you already viewed in the game. Not sure how complicated it would be to do that. But it'd be a neat feature after you already played through and unlocked it. I've only goofed around with html, java, and some visual basic back in the day so I'm no expert on how hard these features are to add.
voreftw
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:24 am

voreftw wrote:Was fun, completely playable. Had a little bit of issues against the first boss when it came to the box picture puzzle. Somehow i must of messed it up twice because the boxes just stopped responding to my clicks and I had to click "x"to start over. Other than that I haven't seen any bugs while I played through it. One thing I ask if you could possibly add in a feature in the menu to review previous vore scene's you already viewed in the game. Not sure how complicated it would be to do that. But it'd be a neat feature after you already played through and unlocked it. I've only goofed around with html, java, and some visual basic back in the day so I'm no expert on how hard these features are to add.

Unfortunately, I can't fix a glitch like that with the puzzle without knowing more specifics about what was done, and maybe a screenshot to see how the panels were arranged, when it happened. Either way, that's very strange.

As for the vore scenes, I plan on adding an Extras feature once you clear the game that lets you view them freely. If that doesn't cut it, then you could always just set up multiple saves at certain points. That's one of the reasons why I arranged it so you can have up to 15.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:03 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:
voreftw wrote:Was fun, completely playable. Had a little bit of issues against the first boss when it came to the box picture puzzle. Somehow i must of messed it up twice because the boxes just stopped responding to my clicks and I had to click "x"to start over. Other than that I haven't seen any bugs while I played through it. One thing I ask if you could possibly add in a feature in the menu to review previous vore scene's you already viewed in the game. Not sure how complicated it would be to do that. But it'd be a neat feature after you already played through and unlocked it. I've only goofed around with html, java, and some visual basic back in the day so I'm no expert on how hard these features are to add.

Unfortunately, I can't fix a glitch like that with the puzzle without knowing more specifics about what was done, and maybe a screenshot to see how the panels were arranged, when it happened. Either way, that's very strange.

As for the vore scenes, I plan on adding an Extras feature once you clear the game that lets you view them freely. If that doesn't cut it, then you could always just set up multiple saves at certain points. That's one of the reasons why I arranged it so you can have up to 15.

That's what I do in order to view any vore scene I want.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:08 am

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:That's what I do in order to view any vore scene I want.

Then it was not done in vain. Just don't go forgetting which one is the auto save, now that that feature is present.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:51 am

foxyumbreon wrote:
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:That's what I do in order to view any vore scene I want.

Then it was not done in vain. Just don't go forgetting which one is the auto save, now that that feature is present.

I won't forget.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Re: New Voremon (Demo V3 available)

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:53 am

I want to start by apologizing for the delay. As some of you may have realized, this demo due for release last month. However, due to several complications that came up with trying to plan and figure out the new Lucario stages at the last minute, things took longer than expected. With that said, here's the new demo, that plays up through the third stage, seemingly in working order.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4786b92gf6miv ... n%20V3.exe
Like before, saves from previous demos of the remake should be transferable, so long as they were made at an actual save point. Those done during events, such as after boss fights, may or may not be transferable, depending on things that have been changed since the last release. Loading those may not work at all, or might result in glitches, so it's best to stick with those made at save points when transferring.

As a heads up, there's currently a glitch in the Lucario stages that I can't figure out how to fix. Basically, after you clear an area, your AP might sometimes skip counting down for one use in the next. The value however will still drop, so the next action you perform will seem to sap two AP instead of one, when in fact that's just because the display didn't update with the actual value. It shouldn't break the game so long as you pay attention, but it can be fixed by killing yourself, and reloading, since the autosave happens after every room. Unfortunately, since the boss consists of multiple rooms without checkpoints, that makeshift fix won't work during the boss fight, so you might as well get used to it during the main stage. Hopefully someday I'll be able to fix it, but for now everything I could think of didn't work, so we'll just have to live with it.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jdb1984 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:39 am

When I tried to download your demo, Chrome said that it had malaware and was blocked.
jdb1984
New to the forum

Postby BaronBuffalo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:03 pm

jdb1984 wrote:When I tried to download your demo, Chrome said that it had malaware and was blocked.

I personally don't think it is the ideal solution, at the same time, I suggest just using a different browser for the download. Chrome likes to do this with files sometimes (I believe it has something to do with how often it does/doesn't update).
BaronBuffalo
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:24 am

jdb1984 wrote:When I tried to download your demo, Chrome said that it had malaware and was blocked.

I don't know anything about that, and this is the first I'm hearing of it for the current demo.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:17 am

That happened when someone tried to download a non-vore game demo I created, too... I think it's a false positive on the part of chrome, since it rarely updates.
It's why I use Firefox. Mozilla always keeps it up-to-date.
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Nibor wrote:That happened when someone tried to download a non-vore game demo I created, too...

People play those? Since when?
xP
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jdb1984 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:34 am

While trying to do the sliding block puzzle, some of the pieces slid themselves over other pieces. Is that supposed to happen?
jdb1984
New to the forum

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 am

jdb1984 wrote:While trying to do the sliding block puzzle, some of the pieces slid themselves over other pieces. Is that supposed to happen?

Nope. They should only slide into the empty space.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby djeurissen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:35 pm

In the boss"fight" against Arcanine is a little bugt with the sliding puzzle.
Moving the "last" piece on the right side causes a bug that freezes all other pieces...

Uhh, I do not think that this were coorect sentences XD
djeurissen
Somewhat familiar

Postby SamuelDWerewolf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:04 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:
Nibor wrote:That happened when someone tried to download a non-vore game demo I created, too...

People play those? Since when?
xP
I want to play the game :(
SamuelDWerewolf
New to the forum

Postby Nibor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 pm

SamuelDWerewolf wrote:I want to play the game :(

You mean my game? If so, I'll PM you my FA journal entry, since it's off this topic.
My character list
Nibor
???

Next

Return to Vore game