Discordia's tale, episode 1, patch 1

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 1

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:06 am

It's longer than I expected. I'll have to finish it later. So far it seems really polished. Maeva seems a bit underpowered imo, but I do like her control abilities. Hoping she gets poison. Battle music is really quiet in tower for some reason. Loving the main character!
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Ryuu27 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Very interesting game, however small bug when Maeva takes the stone in the tower, the game freezes and nothing happens. :(
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:06 pm

..apparently i forgot the player can block the cutscene. I fixed that and the tower battle music. It should be working now, my bad.

also congrats on beating the dragon, playtesters have grumbled about his power to me in the closed releases.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:51 pm

I think I will definitely donate to help support this game, the vore art and descriptions are amazing. As soon as I get paid I will totally toss some money in the ring.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:30 am

Beat the dragon. Killed me the first time though. It's breath attack is very strong and I wasn't expecting it the first time. Had to use a couple smelling salts the second time, but I was a little underleveled. My fault, I escaped most of the battles in the tower. Didn't notice any other bugs. Still loving the main character. I like Maeva too, just don't find her very useful yet. Her utility spells are useful, but her attacks are worthless, and she can't cure so she's a potion hog. City seemed a little underpopulated, but with all the events of the surrounding areas(awesome stuff) I had plenty to do. Thanks for releasing the next chapter.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 am

Maeva is supposed to be night and day on her attacks once you get her the heart stone staff (it raises PWR which her magical attacks are based off off). The city is under populated cause I run out of steam and inspiration for things to put in it (I plan to fix that as soon as I get some inspiration/suggestions before I finalize episode 1 and consider starting episode 2. So suggest away for the town)

On the subject of under levelled, could people list what levels they were upon completing the episode so I can base episode 2 on the expected levels of players getting that far.
darkevilme
---

Postby Murderkarp » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 am

Zomulgustar wrote:Beat the dragon. Killed me the first time though. It's breath attack is very strong and I wasn't expecting it the first time. Had to use a couple smelling salts the second time, but I was a little underleveled. My fault, I escaped most of the battles in the tower. Didn't notice any other bugs. Still loving the main character. I like Maeva too, just don't find her very useful yet. Her utility spells are useful, but her attacks are worthless, and she can't cure so she's a potion hog. City seemed a little underpopulated, but with all the events of the surrounding areas(awesome stuff) I had plenty to do. Thanks for releasing the next chapter.

I had that power boosting accessory on the demon girl, so when I noticed how underwhelming Maeva's Fire spell was, I swapped it over. She was on par with... Dominica?'s attacks.

EDIT: Also, Flame Slash... did it run off of Attack or Power?
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Attack AND power.
darkevilme
---

Postby Zomulgustar » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08 am

darkevilme wrote:Maeva is supposed to be night and day on her attacks once you get her the heart stone staff (it raises PWR which her magical attacks are based off off). The city is under populated cause I run out of steam and inspiration for things to put in it (I plan to fix that as soon as I get some inspiration/suggestions before I finalize episode 1 and consider starting episode 2. So suggest away for the town)

On the subject of under levelled, could people list what levels they were upon completing the episode so I can base episode 2 on the expected levels of players getting that far.

Level 10 and 9 here. Will look forward to the heart stone staff.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 am

Huh, minor glitch. Need to add an item to inventory before event commands can equip it. So the heart stone staff wasn't being handed out, fixed.
darkevilme
---

Postby zenos » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:32 pm

so basicly i am stuck can someone please tell me how to get out of the castle!

Same here, I tried going to the kitchen like the last guy said even after interacting with everything, nothing has changed, am I supposed to do something with the girl with the portrait? She just says he's so dreamy
zenos
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:41 pm

zenos wrote:
so basicly i am stuck can someone please tell me how to get out of the castle!

Same here, I tried going to the kitchen like the last guy said even after interacting with everything, nothing has changed, am I supposed to do something with the girl with the portrait? She just says he's so dreamy
You have to go to your bedroom where you started and go out the left exit and talk to the guy blocking the bridge and ask what was wrong and have him mention hes hungry for a girl and then once you chat with the lady in the kitchen it will play the next scene and you can sneak over the bridge and exit the castle. Hope this helped.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Okay! Now that the whole two chapters are finished i can now edit my lil sections and give a general impression od DT

For the hits:
-the lost battles scenes are nicely done, really well scripted especially the imp's one. ((I keep that one, great job))
-The sprites are nice, even though i might admit they're a bit small ((That one is kept too, but realy the sprites need to be made bigger.))
->>The prefbook<< Really nice addition that ((Ditto))
-Actual battles are challenging enough without being impossibly hard, attacks from both part are fair and well proportionned. One could noticed the simplicity of the system, but that's pushing it too far.

For the miss part:

First of all im not the first one to notice it, the general feeling of the game is that it's empty. Diversity is far from appliable even though we notice some effort to apply it thourough the game ((Harpies in the mountainous region, Polar bears to the great north, bandits in the forest etc.)). In that domain, the most visible aspect of it is the lack of NPC which you can interact with or just simply watch on your screen where you travel around the too few towns and locations of a generally small but well layed map. It's what make the game enticing to play! For the rest, id add the uselessness of your witchy companion, which is litterally a burden more than anything ((if she didn't have sleep id definitely eat her.)) One last thing is about the dialogues. When the first one were nicely corrected, the lack of them in essential parts such as the shimmerghast gate or when Discordia reads in the witch's library that she's basically evil shares a dull feeling when progressing through the game.

Suggestions:

The most pressing issue would be to add more NPC to interact too, ive said it already to you personally i feel like entering deserted areas so im sure this would greatly improve the game. A bonus point would be to have these NPC eaten (human world) or eating (demon world) the main character <3
With this, you should add also some more ending with various orifices of the pred's body so it makes it a bit more better to loose to dem horses or imps and naturally what comes with it is more enemies to fight ((Ex: Minautors/cowgirls in the human world's plains. Goaties/gryphons in the mountains or yuki onnas in the poles.))
Also, more dialogues. be them funny, sad or completely overserious we need those with various NPC to make the player understand in what world he lives in and how peoples react to things like the war or demons or humans and such.

Bugs:
-As said precedently, the guard's scene is still available even if you disable M/F
-When you look at the success rate for the devour power, sometimes it shows 100% but the nommings fails.
-You can walk on the wall of the sky dragon's tower ((2nd floor)) ive linked a pic in the chatrooms

derp, ill be on chat to discuss and get harassed by you if you desire.
Last edited by player1 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

player1 wrote:Alright. So after a bit of vacation ive rushed to test the latest version of DT and after a good bit of playing i can say the result is good overall.

For the hits:

-the lost battles scenes are nicely done, really well scripted especially the imp's one.
-The setting and beginning's interactions are better, and it makes discordia pass less for a brat who just wants to get out because NOMMINGS.
-The sprites are nice, even though i might admit they're a bit small
->>The prefbook<< Really nice addition that
-The dialogues are overall nicely made

For the miss part:
-Some end scenes are missing, like the dragon's one which was sad because i love dem draggies.
- A general feeling of emptyness runs at the shimering gates(and for the whole game), be it with the diverity of enemies to the numbers of NPC and non-battle vore scenes, hope the next episode will fill that up.

Suggestions:

-Maybe should you add more end-scenes with various type of end like UB/AV for the imps and so on, it should add in some diversity
-ditto from last one but with NPCs. I recall you saying that Vore in this world is used as an everyday action, maybe should you add a few more NPC to show it.
-Moar monstah, moar EVERYTHING.

Bugs:
-As said precedently, the guard's scene is still available even if you disable M/F
-The sky dragon fight comes over and over even if you already beaten it many times

Well, that's all from my part. I really wish to see this game develop into something nice and it's definitely heading that way. For myself ill work on the stuff you gave me and PUB you feedback ASAP.. just need to erase that damn jetlag.
Actually there already is multiple ending scenes with the harpy. She does UB and Oral.

The Dragon does have a game over scene I had it occur twice so not sure which version you are playing.

Everything else is fine like you mentioned.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Not to stop you, but I gotta stop you. The harpy doesn't actually do UB the questionable sprite for it just happens to be in the art files, though depending on if I can convince myself the sprite is non crap for the UB I'll implement that in the same release i put the rest of the town in (Gannspree is 50% complete, people are welcome to suggest things to do in Gannspree to populate that sadly empty looking town).
darkevilme
---

Postby four_fleets » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:45 am

Anyone know all the monsters in the game? And/or their encounter location? I've had trouble finding harpies...
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby evilogith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:15 pm

let us Know when the part 3 Comes out' Because i got Past the Giant Dragon' but the only Bad news is'
the Guards got us & the Screen went Black & Thats the END of the Game :(
evilogith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:02 pm

the difficulty jump between the demon world and human world is massive... especially with the useless witch...
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:59 pm

@Four_fleets: any hill areas not covered by snow in episode 1
@evilogith: Currently episode 2 is not being worked on due to misgivings*, a 2nd pass improvement of episodes 0 and 1 is being undertaken.
@nekoyuki: Weird, I've had players who ploughed through the entire episode without levelling from being 7/7 across the party. So I'm not sure why you think there's a jump in difficulty. As for maeva, i'll reiterate I tried making her useful as a utility mage for this episode and may or may not have succeeded. i'll accept suggestions on what to add to her spell list so long as you don't break the narrative/gameplay synergy by saying 'direct damage spells'.

*Or lack of givings, seriously either i set the paypal up wrong or no one wants to donate.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:58 pm

While I work on the expanded episodes edition. I thought I'd answer a question earlier more fully, drum up a little interest. Maybe get some suggestions.

The dark & evil guide to smut!:

enemy locations:
Spoiler: show
fuzzle: castle east wing (nonvorish)
imp/feral imp/magic imp: All across the dark world (shamelessly over used enemy) oral vore (AV in expanded episodes edition)
vulf: dark world overworld(x3 in forests and hills, x2 on the plains) wolves! oral vore
Alraune: forests/hills in dark world, oralvore
ghast: tomb, TBC (EEE)
troglodyte dragon: shimmerghast dungeon, oralvore
ogre: shimmerghast dungeon, oralvore
gatekeeper: shimmerghast world gate, cockvore
Frog: bridge in shimmerghast, oralvore
guardian of the gate: the between, no vore scene due to being an eldritch abomination

Gulpero bird: plains+hills, human world, oralvore
hungry horse: plains+hills, human world, oralvore
harpy: hills, human world, oral vore (UB in EEE)
Bandit: Western forest/bandit camp, human world, humans aren't vore capable
Bandit leader: same, same, ditto
Bandit ringleader: bandit camp, same, same
red wizard: standing stones, oralvore
Gryphon: hills, human world, oralvore (EEE content)
naga: forests, human world, oralvore
carniflorus rex: triffids! forests, human world, plantvore
icebear: frozen north(+ice caves in EEE), human world, oralvore
icewitch: frozen north+ice caves, TBC (EEE content)
blue dragon: ice caves, oralvore(EEE content)
minotaur: hills, human world, oralvore (EEE content)
hydra: tower of wonders, oralvore
goblin: tower of wonders, oralvore
curse dog: ditto,ditto
crimson worm: etc, etc
dark dragon: same, same

Feel free to suggest which enemies you want to see capable of alternative vores.

vore scene guide: (spoilers ahoy)
Spoiler: show
hungry guard: location, darkrest castle. method: simply tease when he says he's hungry for girl
Loverboy: location, darkhollow, method: use perfume on yourself once you've got the alraune perfume from the alchemist
red wizard: location, circle of stones method: win the fight
bandit leader: location, bandit camp, method: win the fight
caravaner: location, broken wagon, method: choose to say she won't be missed in conversation with her
recruit: location, martial hall in gannspree, method: ask her to be honest (EEE content)
drunken noble: location, gannspree inn, method: acquire wine from the innkeep, then mix with sleeping powder from the magic merchant to the east of town using a table in the inn, then give drugged wine to the guard and interact with the drunken noble (UB, EEE content)
Feel free to PM me ideas for dialogue based vore scenes
Last edited by darkevilme on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game