Discordia's tale, episode 1, patch 1

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 0

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Tn most cases and stays that way, never giving the vore story, nor even sending you back to the main screen. This one I am confident is a glitch.

If you looked above, it's like that due to your vore preferences...
As shown here:
darkevilme wrote:Use the preference journal, all the switches are turned off by default. If you don't set your preferences none of the game overs will run.
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:41 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Seccond, loosing fights just causes the screen to go black in most cases and stays that way, never giving the vore story, nor even sending you back to the main screen. This one I am confident is a glitch.

Not a glitch. I think you just forgot to set your preferences in the journal, like has been explained already.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Seccond, loosing fights just causes the screen to go black in most cases and stays that way, never giving the vore story, nor even sending you back to the main screen. This one I am confident is a glitch.

I have never had that issue.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:

Not a glitch. I think you just forgot to set your preferences in the journal, like has been explained already.

I forgot that thing even existed. I tried that at the begining of the game but there was nothing in there. I thought it was content to be added in later.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KamiKaze1337 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:20 am

A very nice game. A few bugs here and there, but mostly in working order. The worst one I found was during the Gatekeeper boss fight, where after I attacked one of the Magic Imps, the Gatekeeper had an 80 percent chance to be devoured. XD Twas fun, but perhaps a lil broken. But with all the custom work your putting in, this is looking great!

Also, where is that secound text-based vore scene? I know there's the one with the guard, but IDK where the other could be. Was it still in the castle?
KamiKaze1337
Participator

Postby Reaverbot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:31 am

KamiKaze1337 wrote:A very nice game. A few bugs here and there, but mostly in working order. The worst one I found was during the Gatekeeper boss fight, where after I attacked one of the Magic Imps, the Gatekeeper had an 80 percent chance to be devoured. XD Twas fun, but perhaps a lil broken. But with all the custom work your putting in, this is looking great!

Also, where is that secound text-based vore scene? I know there's the one with the guard, but IDK where the other could be. Was it still in the castle?

It's in town, related to the perfume sidequest.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KamiKaze1337 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:35 am

Reaverbot wrote:
KamiKaze1337 wrote:A very nice game. A few bugs here and there, but mostly in working order. The worst one I found was during the Gatekeeper boss fight, where after I attacked one of the Magic Imps, the Gatekeeper had an 80 percent chance to be devoured. XD Twas fun, but perhaps a lil broken. But with all the custom work your putting in, this is looking great!

It's in town, related to the perfume sidequest.

AH. Thanks. But I guess I'll have to start a new game then, cuz I finished that.
KamiKaze1337
Participator

Postby WolfHunter » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 am

so basicly i am stuck can someone please tell me how to get out of the castle!
WolfHunter
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 pm

The reason it skips the vore scenes I've found that when you press the Enter key to continue it skips the scene completely and Spacebar does the same as well sometimes. I found that it progresses normally with X the most on it. Also amazing work on this! If this is Episode 0 did you plan on adding more to this? Either way great game! Especially if it's supposed to be a beta!
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:38 pm

I am in fact working on episode 1. This was originally my project to recover from a burnout on programming and I wasn't sure whether I was going to continue it past the point I felt this self contained little episode was feature complete and release worthy. But it could be said to be a little popular so yeah, episode 1 is planned out and is under construction.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:55 pm

darkevilme wrote:I am in fact working on episode 1. This was originally my project to recover from a burnout on programming and I wasn't sure whether I was going to continue it past the point I felt this self contained little episode was feature complete and release worthy. But it could be said to be a little popular so yeah, episode 1 is planned out and is under construction.
This is very exciting to hear! I'm glad you are making yet another great game here. I do like the sprites a lot makes it feel more in depth. I had wanted to suggest perhaps instead of having to go to the title screen again after being eaten you wake up in the inn or something with 1 health only if it was not a major event.

Another idea I think you might have already considered or not but I think it would be much more challenging if the enemies can attempt to devour you at low health or in general so you would have to struggle (Or rub if willing vore was planned) for your turns instead of attacking. This might also allow a different game-over image of the sprite belly to add some variety to the content as well.

Even if you don't implement these ideas the game is great as it is! I just thought I would put a few ideas that came through my mind as I played it.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Houyo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:08 am

Tagging thread.
Houyo
???

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:57 am

Okay. Work on discordia's tale episode 1 is going slowly, so the best solution is feature bloat! or more directly I figure you lot could do with some more audience engagement in the creative process. What would you like to see in episode 1?

Though before you post I should respond to suggestions regarding changing the vore system in DT. I had considered both making digestion a DOT trick and making enemies able to conduct in battle vore as opposed to game over vore when i first started the project. But for various reasons it's an ungodly hassle to implement so i went with this system, and even this system meant i had to learn ruby scripting to a degree. The only ways i'm considering extending the vore system is adding rapid digest and prolonged digestion skills and MAYBE (because it involves even more scripting in a language i'm only glancingly familiar with) adding enemy specific flavour text to the digestion of foes.

But anyway, that aside what do people want to see in episode 1?
darkevilme
---

Postby Evilpancake » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 am

What i would like to see is a reduction in the random encounter department. Honestly i couldn't get through most of this game because i just got bloody tired of running into them, some games can be bad but there were times i would do a fight, take 2 steps, another fight, run away cuz i'm tired of fighting, 2 more steps, another fight... close game...

Other than that, obviously just some good vore scenes, perhaps longer description would be nice
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nermuss » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:59 pm

The only real change I would suggest to the system would be to have it so that digesting prey heals you while outside of battle as well. As it is you end up spending a lot of time sitting around letting a weak enemy beat on your fat gut while you wait for your HP to slowly tick back up.

Great start to the game so far, though!
Nermuss
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:06 am

Nermuss wrote:The only real change I would suggest to the system would be to have it so that digesting prey heals you while outside of battle as well. As it is you end up spending a lot of time sitting around letting a weak enemy beat on your fat gut while you wait for your HP to slowly tick back up.

Great start to the game so far, though!

Actually I fixed this already. With the downside that the digestion based healing now doesn't regenerate health so much as come as a lump sum once you finish digesting them, but the point is it should work inside and outside combat equally well now.

As for the encounter rate, you're the first to complain evil pancake, anyone else feel the same way? I turned the darkworld encounter interval up a little regardless but I figure why not ask.
darkevilme
---

Postby Reaverbot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:26 am

Battles are easy to run from if you don't want to do them, but this is also one of the few vore games where you need to grind. I think lowering it would make levelling up more frustrating unless you increased exp across the board
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby evilogith » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 am

Will there BE a Part 2 of This Game?
evilogith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:52 am

evilogith wrote:Will there BE a Part 2 of This Game?

Do you ever, you know, read any of the threads you post in?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 1

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Okay. I'm now 95% done on episode 1 so I figure I'll put it in open testing. I want to stress this is not the finished episode 1 but all gameovers, plot, essential playing of the game is in place now. Anything in that 5% is optional stuff involving extra smuttery or such. It also hasn't been as extensively tested as episode 0 has. Feedback, bug reports and suggestions for additions welcome.

Additionally. not to be money grubbing, but there were a thousand downloads of episode 0 so I'm putting up a donations link. This is for a few reasons 1. I really need the money 2. If the game had an actual budget I could afford the services of these people called artists I hear so much about. And this would mean things like actual full screen vore art for when vore occurs in the game, as opposed to questionable sprite edits. 3. Thousand downloads, I'd like to think I earned something for accidentally making a crazy popular game.

so without further ado Discordia's tale episode 1 peek
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pthbfjthe5xp15g/Discordias_tale.exe
and donation link:
http://warpedrealities.wordpress.com/donations-page/

additional art contributions: ashley_urikoshima, alberta, malyna (using chat names for credits for the moment)
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game