Decompiled Fromage... kinda.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Decompiled Fromage... kinda.

Postby DigiThing » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:01 am

Good to see "ol reliable" getting some new love.

Look forward to all the awesome stuff that could be done with this.
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFan362 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:45 pm

DigiThing wrote:Good to see "ol reliable" getting some new love.

Look forward to all the awesome stuff that could be done with this.

Yep!

If you want, you can join in on the action. You can choose to perform either a singular role, or multiple roles. For instance, if you know how to read MOT and EFF files, you can lend a hand with that. Or, play testing. Or, even, helping get the word out that there’s a Fromage hack. You probably get the idea. All in all, if you are willing to lend a hand with the project, any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
VoreFan362
Participator

Location: Inside a nice giantess/giant cat girl's stomach, and loving it!

Postby VoreFan362 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Etherthedrake wrote:Hey! It's been a while without much news. How's the project?

Basically, it’s not so bad. I have a few hiccups that I need some help with.

• I am attempting to read MOT and EFF files. I strongly suspect that the game’s way of processing the sprite animation data is related to these file types.
  • I am trying to find a way to compile the game, so that players don’t need to download the source folders for the hack, and run it through the HSP program.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby VoreFan362 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Voremugen wrote:This is awesome! I would play this so hard! Would buy the english feeding kinda sandbox version!

Thanks! I am not certain if I would be able to legally sell copies of the hack. But, I will definitely distribute the end result for free. Your sentiment is appreciated. :-D !
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby tersius » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:03 pm

This will be awesome, can't wait til you release it. Definitely would like to be able to mod the sprite sheets.
tersius
New to the forum

Postby VoreFan362 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:52 am

For those of you who are interested in the hack, I've updated the initial post of the thread.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Etherthedrake » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 am

I'd say a life system wouldn't be necessary, though that is only my vote on the matter. I just don't really see the point, if we're including a 'choose your own predator' room, having to worry about lives kind of defeats the purpose of the game, which is, inherently, getting eaten. Of course, there could be separate versions with lives and without, but it would add a lot more work to be done on the hack.

The way I see it, an assumption of course, most would appreciate just a translation and the ability to kind of loop animations, not having to worry about the 'health' timer ticking down and being able to spend extended time in a monster stomach.

That's my input, but I am interested in what others think would be good, as well.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFan362 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:21 am

Etherthedrake wrote:I'd say a life system wouldn't be necessary, though that is only my vote on the matter. I just don't really see the point, if we're including a 'choose your own predator' room, having to worry about lives kind of defeats the purpose of the game, which is, inherently, getting eaten. Of course, there could be separate versions with lives and without, but it would add a lot more work to be done on the hack.

The way I see it, an assumption of course, most would appreciate just a translation and the ability to kind of loop animations, not having to worry about the 'health' timer ticking down and being able to spend extended time in a monster stomach.

That's my input, but I am interested in what others think would be good, as well.

When you say extended time, what do you mean, exactly?

The translation to English will be basically for the unwilling version of the hack. However, there might be additional information signs in both versions (willing and unwilling) of the hack.

The choose your Predator version will be basically a hack, which will also feature the ability to choose which Predators the player wants to encounter more frequently, and which they want to see less of. I think there will be a screen for making the selections. However, it’s going to require at least one Predator to have a density level over 0. On the same token, the player will be able to choose full density for all the Predators. In this case, they will only spawn in the biggest rooms, just so they can be spread out evenly. Additionally, there can be a "waves" option, which will mean that as soon as the player kills the very last Predator, the game will spawn a new wave.

At the moment, I am still brainstorming all these concepts.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Etherthedrake » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:37 am

VoreFan362 wrote:
Etherthedrake wrote:(snip)

By "extended time", I mean an option to not have health decay when inside a predator. Kind of a toggleable 'god mode', so to speak. Though I'm not sure how would one go about implementing it.

As for your other concepts, those sound pretty interesting, in my opinion! Though again it sounds like a lot of work to do. I wish you luck in figuring it all out...
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFan362 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Etherthedrake wrote:
VoreFan362 wrote:
Etherthedrake wrote:(snip)

By "extended time", I mean an option to not have health decay when inside a predator. Kind of a toggleable 'god mode', so to speak. Though I'm not sure how would one go about implementing it.

That's easy to code. Very easy. As we know how the game plays, the health decreases as time goes on inside the Predator. It's super simple to make it so it just leaves the health untouched.

Etherthedrake wrote:As for your other concepts, those sound pretty interesting, in my opinion! Though again it sounds like a lot of work to do. I wish you luck in figuring it all out...

Thanks. There might be a way to do the hack as a Hot Soup Processor (HSP) release. But, at the moment, it's 50/50 odds that I'm going to try that.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby VoreFan362 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:26 pm

As I'm brainstorming, I figure I can demonstrate my concepts visually with diagrams. In this post, I am doing a comparison between the regular Fromage that we know and love, vs the Hack.

On the left-hand side of the diagrams, it's going to be pseudocode, so I can demonstrate what the game is reading. These diagrams will demonstrate the comparison of code of the regular Fromage vs the Fromage Hack's way of handling the player being eaten and sent to the Predator's stomach. As a Programmer, I typically don't do pseudocode. But, this is for demonstration of my findings and brainstorming. I think this is also a tool for people who are interested in the Hack to communicate how they want this and that to be handled. For instance, you can add an item to the Options Menu, and you can tell me what the purpose of the item is to the Options Menu (Such as a toggle for the Choose a Predator Room, for instance). Things like that.

All in all, I am trying to figure out ways to make my ideas come to life in the game. But, feel free to use diagrams as a way to communicate concepts with me.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to collaborating with all who are interested in this Hack.
Attachments
Fromage Hack 1.png
Diagram for the Fromage we know and love as it is.
Fromage Hack 1.png (23.32 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
Fromage Hack 2.png
Diagram for the Fromage Hack. Note how I added a simplified version of what I need to add to the Options Menu. Of course, all other options will be included in the Official Release of the Hack.

Additionally, in this diagram, please note the nested If Statement. That's basically how the toggle you mentioned will be implemented. How the player will control the option will be with the left and right arrows. Currently, the option is set to ON, which would tell the game to process the DigestionDamage routine. If the player chooses they want Safe to be run once the player character is eaten, they have to turn the option OFF, and it will tell the game to process Safe, which will leave the Health variable untouched.
Fromage Hack 2.png (31.07 KiB) Viewed 2575 times
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby VoreFan362 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone. I am going to upload a new video by 4:00 PM today. Enclosed is a Flow Chart Diagram of what will be covered. I will cover both scenarios.

A quick little guide for those who haven't read one of these charts is pretty simple. Just follow the arrows. Rectangles with circular sides will mark the start and end of the chart. Areas that prompt you for a question will show as diamonds, and regular rectangles are there to say what happens. A little note: Notice how I put some text next to the "Digest?" question? That's just a simple way to say that the player will provide that value from the Options Menu, meaning that in real-time, when the game is actually played, the player will be at that point in the Flow Chart, for example. The rest of the Flow Chart is really condensed but gives you an idea of the flow of the game. For instance, in my first run, it will go as normal (Digest Option will be set to ON). Now, notice how "Healthbar Empty?" has an arrow leading back to it, after "No" is followed? This is a way to show a loop. As long as the Player Character is in the stomach of the Predator, without setting the Digest Option to OFF, this will be the process. Otherwise, that flow is not applicable. Just try to follow the Flow Chart as you watch the video (pausing can help). In the video, when the Digest Option is set to OFF, you'll follow the Flow Chart differently.

In the meantime, feel free to suggest which Predator for either scenario or simply discuss whatever else you'd like to see in the Hack.

I can make Diagrams with LibreOffice Draw, which is Free. Feel free to use my example, and make your own Flow Chart with LibreOffice Draw to show what you'd like to see.

I'm opening options to how we can communicate on the progress of the Hack, so everyone involved with the progress of the Hack can have a way to have a say.

Until the next update, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays.
Attachments
Fromage Chart.png
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby VoreFan362 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:08 pm

My apologies for the late follow-up. This video is my early Christmas present for fans of Fromage. Please let me know if you can't access the link. I'll upload it on here, and on Mega, in that case.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Ryuuenzan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:19 pm

says "the link doesnt exist". either they took it down, or i cant access it T.T
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoreFan362 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:49 pm

I have uploaded a video right in my Gallery on here.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Etherthedrake » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:36 am

Now that video's quite the nice sneak peek at your progress, and what a present it is! It's good to know that the option isn't difficult to implement, and I can say that having this toggle is going to be desirable for both endo and digestion fans.
I don't have any other suggestions, or at least not at this point in time, but I'll keep following your work on the hack.
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFan362 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:56 am

I updated the first post, so you you guys can be informed of my current decision on the hack.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby MineCreeper1996 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:02 am

VoreFan362 wrote:I updated the first post, so you you guys can be informed of my current decision on the hack.

As the developer you should use whatever engine works best for you and the game if gamemaker would do better for you then switch to it plus as a more supported engine it would allow more players to likely run it as well
MineCreeper1996
New to the forum

Postby Etherthedrake » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:41 am

If you can pull off an engine-change, and it will make your life easier, then do it. I don't think we as end users particularly care about engines, as the game will essentially be unchanged. I'd say go with what you think will be easier to work with.
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby LethiaAzalea » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:42 pm

I just went and read through the whole thing and the idea excites me, though... I've never been a fan of dressed prey. I also know why doing that for this particular game might be very controversial.

Still, just having a willing prey character with text making her eager to be eaten and digested would be absolutely lovely, especially when a lot of the time, these games (understandably) make it very non-con, which... isn't as fun. Look forward to seeing more progress!
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game