On The Menu: Rise of Zee "Im Back Baby!"

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: On The Menu: Rise of Zee "Im Back Baby!"

Postby zerowag » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:11 am

1. Don't know if its just my files but i seem to reset back to level one and change class every time I enter the forest.
2. Also the books that give skills are giving the wrong skill <basic first aid became saint> and the book zap doesn't pop
up in the inventory at all.
3. Can't seem to digest Elle properly.
4. Can steal gear from tutorial by unequiping it.

I really like the new direction, its fun and more full. :lol:
zerowag
Been posting for a bit

Postby beagirl » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:36 pm

forgot to mention, the only working toilet is the one in the coven, I will release a version with all reported bugs fixed and scenes complete as soon as possible.
beagirl
New to the forum

Postby Striker » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm

So I have considered writing up bug reports for this title, but as I deal with such things all day every week I will toss around some tips for people to be much more helpful to the developer. As the dev does not have a specific guideline for bug writing I will use a very basic grouping for everyone. Bugs should be documented in Microsoft Word, and a free Starter edition (with an add on the side) exists for those that do not have it. Initially write up the bugs into separate Word documents, and when you feel finished with a set for submission to the dev combine them (copy paste them is fine) into a single Word document. Bugs should be placed in one of 3 categories.

1. Title Stability: Bugs that cause crashes, unresponsive states, infinite loading screens, and occurrences of corrupt save data. Your major bugs.
2. Title Integrity: Bugs that cause the game to act inappropriately, but progression is still possible, or still is very responsive. This is anything that does not fall under Title Stability, but causes notable issues. Example: Events out of order, an event unintentionally is able to be triggered multiple times, etc.
3. Naming Standards and Dialogue: These are items, skills, action prompts, and dialogue issues. These can range from simple spelling errors to much more complex issues like the wrong character speaking or wrong skill triggering.

Each bug should have clear steps written in a standard format. I will provide an example bug of a Title Integrity issue that exists in the Tutorial of this game. Please use that format for future submissions unless the dev specifies otherwise. When writing bugs it is important that you reproduce them. When you find a bug be sure to attempt to reproduce it 5 times. In the report you will write how many times out of 5 the issue occurs. This helps track bugs that may be of lower probability. As a side note, YES you can use these skills to gain an entry level job as a game tester. It is not as hard as some people think...if you can already produce a bug you are miles ahead of the standard applicant.

You may get excited writing up your first bug and want to submit it right away. DO NOT DO THIS! Instead communicate with each other on the forums to limit the number of duplicate bugs. Also be sure to include images of the bug if possible, and use MS Paint or another image editor to circle or draw attention to important areas. You can copy and paste images into a word document, so there is no need to include images as separate documents. At the end of your bug simply provide the image(s). This is important as it helps the dev quickly identify the area, and in turn reproduce/fix the issue without fail. Once you feel you have a collection of bugs that are ready for submission, and have ensured to the best of your knowledge that they are not duplicates, upload them in whichever manner you or the dev prefers.

Here is my example bug/format for you to follow. (I will be simply posting this one so everyone can see).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title Integrity – Re-Trigger Event Issue

Observed Behavior:
When the player navigates back to the group of Soldiers in the tutorial the event triggers a second time, but the Soldier sprites are still portrayed as dead out of battle.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Launch the title and from the main menu select New > Nothing I’m good > Play Tutorial > skip.
2. Progress through the tutorial until you defeat the group of Soldiers in the forest.
3. Dismiss the dialogue and navigate to the right 1 step then left 1 step.
4. Observe that the event is triggered again, and the soldiers are still displayed outside combat as dead.

Reproduction Rate:
5/5

Notes:
1. This issue occurs an infinite number of times if the step[3] is repeated.
2. The player is capable of progressing, but the previous area is now inaccessible.
3. This issue occurs in Version #: “Current Build” (No version # provided by developer.)
4. Refer to Image(s):
"Copy and Paste the Image here!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps provide everyone with some basic knowledge on how to write bugs. The key is that anyone should be capable of following the steps provided to reproduce the bug. The better the reports are the more likely the developer will be able to find the underlying cause of the issue, and the more likely it is to get fixed in a timely manner. It also allows the developer to database issues based on version #, mark issues fixed in a tracker, and prioritize them based on how critical the issue is. Thus more important issues like title crashes will be taken care of quickly, and new players will be able to enjoy a much more stable experience.

There are other bugs that you can find outside the new game experience. An unresponsive bug exists in the Credits area (Don't collect the fruit too quickly lol.) I will leave it up to everyone else to find a break. I will contribute some bugs as time permits, but I recommend that the Developer post version #'s and a template on preferred method of submission. That way no confusion is had. Version of MS Word etc would also be useful. Also to ensure you gather all the bugs you can to keep the development/tester cycle consistent and thorough a version release/patch schedule should be adhered to.

Example: Release Versions 1.0.0.1
Bi-Weekly Patch until all known bugs are fixed, and bugs come in significantly less frequently.
2 weeks - Patch 1.0.0.2
2 weeks - Patch 1.0.0.3
2 weeks - Patch 1.0.0.4
Bugs stop coming in. Begin next content development cycle.
*However Long development cycle takes to release next sizable content update*
Release Version 1.0.2.1
2 weeks - Patch 1.0.2.2
and so on....

The more planned out the development/tester plan is, the more likely the project will actually get finished. Best of luck to everyone!
Striker
Been posting for a bit

Postby anthony050 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Not sure why but I can't interact whit the door to the dragons cave (?) and if I walk back to where the event for the masked man appears do the game turn grey again but i can move freely and he doesn't appear then. Do anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Btw really enjoy the rework beagirl the only bad things I can say is that I have seen few misspellings and that the dialogue goes out the dialogue window some times. Other than that is the game great so thank you for sharing your great work.
anthony050
Participator

Postby Exxy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:54 pm

anthony050 wrote:Not sure why but I can't interact whit the door to the dragons cave (?) and if I walk back to where the event for the masked man appears do the game turn grey again but i can move freely and he doesn't appear then. Do anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Btw really enjoy the rework beagirl the only bad things I can say is that I have seen few misspellings and that the dialogue goes out the dialogue window some times. Other than that is the game great so thank you for sharing your great work.

I got that same sort of problem while playing. The trick is to go through Reesings Cave first (as part of the quest) before entering the dragon dungeon.
Spoiler: show
Entering Reesings Cave triggers the proper conditions for the game to indicate that you need cinnamon to enter the dragon dungeon. At that point you need to return to the item shop (in Reesings I believe), buy cinnamon and return to the dragon dungeon. At that point, the door will be open.
Exxy
New to the forum

Postby anthony050 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:37 am

Exxy wrote:
anthony050 wrote:Not sure why but I can't interact whit the door to the dragons cave (?) and if I walk back to where the event for the masked man appears do the game turn grey again but i can move freely and he doesn't appear then. Do anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

I got that same sort of problem while playing. The trick is to go through Reesings Cave first (as part of the quest) before entering the dragon dungeon.
Entering Reesings Cave triggers the proper conditions for the game to indicate that you need cinnamon to enter the dragon dungeon. At that point you need to return to the item shop (in Reesings I believe), buy cinnamon and return to the dragon dungeon. At that point, the door will be open.

Thx it worked but now after the surprise party is the game just a black screen I do get the chat box one week later and the map name dorms but i can't do anything. Did i muss to trigger another event? I did go to the lake though and got the scene there so I can't think of any event that I would have missed.

And again ty for the help Exxy
anthony050
Participator

Postby Exxy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:47 pm

anthony050 wrote:
Exxy wrote:

Thx it worked but now after the surprise party is the game just a black screen I do get the chat box one week later and the map name dorms but i can't do anything. Did i muss to trigger another event? I did go to the lake though and got the scene there so I can't think of any event that I would have missed.

And again ty for the help Exxy

No problem Anthony! I continued with the game and tried that section. I got the same black screen. It seems to me that there's an error in the event scripting. The screen fades to black before moving to the "Dorm Rooms" map. I think that the game's creator may have forgotten to add a fade-in which should show a continuation in the story.
Exxy
New to the forum

Postby anthony050 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:40 am

Thx Exxy I tough of that but wasn't sure that it would be the case. I have made the same mistake my self several times when using rpg maker.
anthony050
Participator

Postby hentaimasterthe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:13 am

it's crashing when ever I get on a toilet, I've eaten the bar maid, and she's digested I don't know what to do now
hentaimasterthe
Somewhat familiar

Postby anthony050 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 am

hentaimasterthe wrote:it's crashing when ever I get on a toilet, I've eaten the bar maid, and she's digested I don't know what to do now

Try the toilet in the school had the same problem.
anthony050
Participator

Postby jrogelio1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:32 am

zee can eat the little girl at the town?
jrogelio1
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cribbey » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Bug Report:

Leaving the little girls mom's house at any point and then trying to leave causes the first battle in the coven to start.

This makes it impossible to eat the little girl or see the moms scenes when shrunk.

All other bugs I found have already been mentioned.

Also, can you progress past the surprise party scene after returning to the coven? Game goes black and doesn't do anything afterwards.
Cribbey
Participator

Postby trompaquin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:11 pm

did the game is stil on work? or dead? only to kno becaus last post is sep 2015 ( sry bad english but i try :) )
trompaquin
New to the forum

Postby eurugoll » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Probably dead :/
eurugoll
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:52 pm

beagirl has a pretty long history of very long droughts without contact. I'd not chalk this one up as dead just yet.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nuggholio » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:08 am

i can't find the girl in the woods, which exit do i take? south, west or north?
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Hivelord » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:39 am

Take the north exit she should be in the west side of the woods
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby nuggholio » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Hivelord wrote:Take the north exit she should be in the west side of the woods

there's a horse in the way .-.
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Hivelord » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:09 am

No i mean take the north exit and the girl should be in the west section of the area you just entered not the entire forest.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby nuggholio » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:46 am

{Dunno how to delete posts}
nuggholio
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game