Vore War 05A

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War 05A

Postby darkevilme » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:10 am

To be fair. outright new features stopped being added around the time the number stopped ticking onwards so its not like each update is a revolution or evolution. All I've done is put the selection square back in the army panel so you know who you're dealing with and made it slightly easier to click through the list. So it's a convenience fix.

edit:
Also it was only the horde mode update that broke save compatability. Saves from older versions can be hot swapped into later versions so long as they're not prior to horde mode. Horde mode added an army size value to all armies instead of the hard coded 16 slot armies.

edit edit:
I know I said I wasn't going to do stuff with this project. But I had an idea to try and tweak the AI. So I implemented AI adjustments sufficient to justify incrementing the big number. Now. As usual I'm unleashing this unstable, hardly tested and very experimental. Hell I don't even know if the AI will behave noticeably different as a result of me adding the tactical analyzer..which is a fancy way of saying a system to encourage the AI to mob individual targets based on its ability to actually know how far its friends are likely to hit that target. Also made AI archers a bit smarter and use their last point of movement to shoot.

edit edit edit:
I heard some people were taking advantage of the way the AI forces would come at them one at a time due to varying movement speed. So I tried to put a stop to that.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:32 am

Now bumping to attract playtesters for new version. As well. Game needs playtesters all over again with the AI adjustments (any time the number changes it needs playtesting).
darkevilme
---

Postby Midir » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:00 pm

Oh wouldn't mind trying it again~ Anything specific I should be looking for?
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:34 pm

AI behaviour. The new update is supposed to give the enemy AI in tactical mode an ability to better cooperate as opposed to each enemy charging at you on its own initiative and treating fellow cats/dogs as merely tiles it cant walk over.
darkevilme
---

Postby Midir » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:10 am

The AI tends to dashes forward sometimes but in general it's better and now I actually have to pay attention in order to win in general, and winning a particular battle is getting harder now.

They tend to dash forward at the very beginning sometimes, running ahead the others.

Also my save button did not work for some reason in my first game..
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VorianStormstride » Mon May 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Great game, I spent hours playing it! However I have come acrost one very large error so far... since the ai difficulty is editable, I thought I would play around with it, but when ai free gold is set to 1 and growth rate is set to 1, the game crashes and closes itself after quite literally every other battle. Any ideas as to what may cause this?
VorianStormstride
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 04, 2015 4:28 pm

You set the growth value to 1. meaning it was dividing tension by 0.01 to calculate the strength of each army it was trying to build. no wonder it broke. But again. I don't fix any error without an error.log file attached.
Last edited by darkevilme on Mon May 04, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkevilme
---

Postby VorianStormstride » Mon May 04, 2015 5:30 pm

That makes a lot more sense. So if I set the growth rate to at least 100, it'll be fine?
VorianStormstride
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 04, 2015 5:45 pm

yeah. 100 is probably about as low as one can safely go. The formula is army strength=tension/growthvalue and growth value is what's listed on the text file divided by 100 because i didn't feel like teaching vorewar how to read floating point numbers from a text file. So is you go with 100 then strength=tension. and tension rises each turn based on the balance of power, if they're losing their tension raises faster.
darkevilme
---

Postby VorianStormstride » Mon May 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Alrighty, that answers my question. Thank you very much, and keep it up! This thing is fun! ^^
VorianStormstride
Been posting for a bit

Postby loser8299 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:25 am

Great little game.

Item Making Guide:
Spoiler: show
Go to vorewar/assets/data
Open up the file "items"
Add or modify a item blueprint like so:

Line 1: Calls it an Item,must be named> ITEM

Line 2: Names the item.

Line 3: Marks the item as an accessory (1) or a weapon (0)

Line 4: Chooses which 8x8 sprite in sprites.png will be the graphic for the item.Sprites are labeled left to right,top to bottom.(Put 0 for no graphic)

Line 5: If the item is a weapon,this is the damage caused by the weapon.
If the item is an accessory,this marks which stat is changed.(1-Dexterity,2-Voracity,3-Parry,4-Block,5-Will,6-Speed,7-Health,8-Stomach)

Line 6: If the Item is a weapon,this is the range of the weapon.(0 for melee).
If the item is an accessory,this changes the stat by this amount.

Line 7: This is the cost of the item.
Example:

ITEM
Necktie

This would be an invisible accessory named Necktie.This will increase one's voracity by 67.This would cost 1337 Gold

I wish the item limit could go over 10, but the shop doesn't allow it.
Secretive Newbie.
loser8299
New to the forum

Postby EtPerMun » Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 am

darkevilme wrote:The formula is army strength=tension/growthvalue and growth value is what's listed on the text file divided by 100 because i didn't feel like teaching vorewar how to read floating point numbers from a text file.

Once you get the string (which you have to do anyways), isn't that simply:
Code: Select all
Double.parseDouble(doubleString);

Which is pretty much just as complicated as its Integer counterpart :P
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 06, 2015 8:19 am

EtPerMun wrote:Once you get the string (which you have to do anyways), isn't that simply:

huh that's pretty simple. I'll toss it into another version if i put one out.

loser8299 wrote:Great little game.

I think vore war is fine as is, but i'll toss this out there regarding the item shop.
If the community wants a better item shop i'll cut a deal. if I get £50 in total donations I'll go back and I'll implement a shop that can support more than 10 items and doesn't suck so much.
darkevilme
---

Postby EtPerMun » Wed May 06, 2015 2:24 pm

darkevilme wrote:
EtPerMun wrote:Once you get the string (which you have to do anyways), isn't that simply:

huh that's pretty simple. I'll toss it into another version if i put one out.

As a rule of thumb:
In Java, if you want to do something that seems like it's something general that people need done often, there is a method for that 95% of the time. Unless it involves Arrays, then it's more like 20%.
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby phazon » Sat May 09, 2015 12:47 am

Item Making Guide:
Open up the file "items"

Line 4: Chooses which 8x8 sprite in sprites.png will be the graphic for the item.Sprites are labeled left to right,top to bottom.(Put 0 for no graphic)

If the item is an accessory,this marks which stat is changed.(1-Dexterity,2-Voracity,3-Parry,4-Block,5-Will,6-Speed,7-Health,8-Stomach)

Example:

ITEM
Necktie

This would be an invisible accessory named Necktie.This will increase one's voracity by 67.This would cost 1337 Gold

i can't use sprites for items that aren't weapons : (
phazon
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 am

phazon wrote:

Item Making Guide:
Open up the file "items"

Example:

ITEM
Necktie

i can't use sprites for items that aren't weapons : (

Nope. You can't. It only detects 1 item, and that's a weapon, and it draws that seen as there's only one 'weapon' layer spliced into the composite sprite. Want this changed. Donation button should still be working. And short of inspiration for AI stuff that's the only thing that'll bring me back to vore war.
darkevilme
---

Postby AnnaBeiXing » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:42 am

Excuse me, I don't want to sound stupid, but how are you supposed to start the game?

I've tried to launch it, but I have no .exe file. Can anybody help me?
AnnaBeiXing
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:33 pm

there's a bat and jar file. try those. its a java game so doesn't have a common c derived executable.

and woo, memories..i should probably release a version of vore war with good text like i have in nomad.
darkevilme
---

Postby AnnaBeiXing » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm sorry for being so much trouble, but... How can I start the java file? I've been trying to launch it with the "run" file, but it only opens an error window, and when trying to type something inside the command window, it just closes. I'm sorry for not knowing what to do.

And I'm aware that it is a very old thread, I hope I'm not bothering anyone by asking all this.

EDIT: Nevermind, while looking at your Nomad thread, I've managed to find a solution by installing a new version of Java. Sorry for all the trouble!
AnnaBeiXing
New to the forum

Postby Creaturedude » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Will you add sound effects?
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game