Vore Quest (M/M)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Quest (M/M)

Postby Alesleo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:26 pm

I honestly don't understand why all this need to have a "game over" in this kind of game.

Really, we mostly play these games just to get nommed. Having to reload the game after getting digested and having to go all the way back to your favorite monster everytime you see its scene is annoying and ruins the mood. For me at least.

Here you instantly pop back at the nearest checkpoint with little to no downtime. I even kited the boss to the checkpoint to enjoy all his scenes. It makes things easier and faster. But it's just my personal opinion.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jeschke » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Aw man, you're adding squirrels? What am I supposed to add? :B

But, sounds exciting. :3 Can't wait to.see what else there is. Or to try out making some things.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Why not add the following predators if possible:

Nagas
Spiders
Bears
Hedgehogs
Dragons
Slugs
Worms
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 am

To be completely honest, the whole non-fatal thing is something I enjoy enough that I might be willing to type up some of the dialogue and actions if you go that route.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KittehBoy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 am

Jaxed wrote:B) The pred, after cycling through his texts for friendly non-fatal vore, pushes you out, and remains friendly for a moment, not taking action against you for a few turns, much like as if you stunned him through escaping, before going back through his normal stuff.
Or

This is doable. I'm thinking maybe it'll even heal you a bit or give you a good status effect and give you an alternate "friendly escape" text.

klonoa723 wrote:If you can, you could make that you can choose two difficulties before you start the game: Normal or Hard.
On normal, the game plays like you're making it now, on hard, if you get digested, bam, the end, gotta restart
from the beginning.

I'm probably not going to add this in, sorry =P just restart the game when you die if you want.

Alesleo wrote:Really, we mostly play these games just to get nommed. Having to reload the game after getting digested and having to go all the way back to your favorite monster everytime you see its scene is annoying and ruins the mood. For me at least.

Here you instantly pop back at the nearest checkpoint with little to no downtime. I even kited the boss to the checkpoint to enjoy all his scenes. It makes things easier and faster. But it's just my personal opinion.

Yep, that's pretty much the whole idea behind the design for this game =3 And sorry, but I've fixed the kiting exploit and have redone how checkpoints work =P

Jeschke wrote:Aw man, you're adding squirrels? What am I supposed to add? :B

But, sounds exciting. :3 Can't wait to.see what else there is. Or to try out making some things.

Sorry =P if you still want to make squirrels, I might just add your dialogue in as more dialogue to my squirrels, or add in your squirrels elsewhere

KingKabal777 wrote:Why not add the following predators if possible:

Nagas
Spiders
Bears
Hedgehogs
Dragons
Slugs
Worms

Eventually =P even one pred is a lot of work

Jaxed wrote:To be completely honest, the whole non-fatal thing is something I enjoy enough that I might be willing to type up some of the dialogue and actions if you go that route.

Go for it ^^ I'll pretty much add in any dialogue I'm given

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!
KittehBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jaxed » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:09 am

I do like the idea of healing being the most common side effect. Let's you go through multiple times easily :D

Yeah, B route was pretty much the same one I was thinking for most normal enemies. I would have only done the C option for bosses, and even then not every boss. Though that mouse boy in particular seems like it would go awfully well with it, especially since he spends more than half the battle pleasuring himself, let alone all the times that your own body is pushed over the edge.

But, for now, I think I'll try writing up some stuff for the bunny boys taking the B option for friendly noms, and if everything goes well, then I might start thinking about stuff for the mouse boy.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KittehBoy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:55 am

Just a quick update, I'm sorry to report that my computer died completely so I had to go out and get a very cheap temporary computer. On top of that, things on the job front have been getting very intense and I've been having some friend-related problems. Everything is 100% OK, but progress on Vore Quest has been very slow. That said, I'm still working on it and can't wait to show you guys the next version!
KittehBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby eatmeplease » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:13 am

KittehBoy wrote:
eatmeplease wrote:Any chance this could run under Mono? I don't use Windows.

I'm very sorry, but there is no chance of this game running on a platform besides windows.

May I ask why? Mono is a runtime for .NET on Linux, so unless you did something weird with .NET, it should work. I suppose I'll have to give it a try, and see if I can do something to force it to work.
eatmeplease
---

Postby dasp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:05 am

I read that you need to update to the latest version of that .NET thing to get this game working. Sadly, I cannot update to that (It does not support Windows XP sp 3).

Anyone know how difficult it'd be to allow him to play back on the older versions of .NET?
dasp
New to the forum

Postby Greennyy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 am

Found a little bug... it somewhat breaks combat.

When standing on a checkpoint, or movinv onto a checkpoint, all enemies will freeze and not move... so if you move onto a checkpoint while an enemy is standing beside it, you can continually beat up on them...

also, i dont know if this works with others as well, but on the mouse boss, if you do manage to escape his body, you can hit wait, attack the mouse, and he doesnt mov or retaliate... ever, until you move off his square.

Other than those two bugs, great game man! Cant wait to see where it ends up!
Greennyy
Somewhat familiar

Postby KittehBoy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:23 pm

eatmeplease wrote:May I ask why? Mono is a runtime for .NET on Linux, so unless you did something weird with .NET, it should work. I suppose I'll have to give it a try, and see if I can do something to force it to work.

I'm using windows graphics functions that specifically create windows OS windows and features. They are windows SDK controls... long story short, the code is so deeply integrated with windows OS, I would have to completely remake the engine to get it to work in mono. Sorry =(

dasp wrote:Anyone know how difficult it'd be to allow him to play back on the older versions of .NET?

I'm working on it, I think I should be able to get it to work but no promises.

Greennyy wrote:When standing on a checkpoint, or movinv onto a checkpoint, all enemies will freeze and not move... so if you move onto a checkpoint while an enemy is standing beside it, you can continually beat up on them...

I knew about this even before I released the demo, I just didn't have enough time to fix it before my long vacation and I wanted to get the game out there. I have plans on how to deal with this.

Greennyy wrote:also, i dont know if this works with others as well, but on the mouse boss, if you do manage to escape his body, you can hit wait, attack the mouse, and he doesnt mov or retaliate... ever, until you move off his square.

I wasn't aware of this but I have an idea of what might be wrong, I'll look into it. thanks!
KittehBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby KingKabal777 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 pm

I will wait for new updates on preds available and such, hope you can add more to this.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Sorry about nothing from my end. I was waiting for a day off from work, but when I finally got one, I spent it getting some other stuff done I had left behind and kinda forgot ^^;

I've got the rest of the night free and tomorrow, though, so I might be able to give it a shot now.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Ah OK. Perhaps someone else can port it when it's finished.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Kovinth » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:56 am

This was really good so far. My only complaints are what has been mentioned. The very small text can be difficult to read. I am sure that if I was on my regular computer, the older monitor would make it more difficult.

My other complaint is (assuming you will be on eventually and see this.) is that my web browser marked the download as unsafe from the start. I had to force the web browser to accept it and then my computer didn't want it either. Telling me it was unsafe at first. I appear to be having issues today now with my wireless card cutting in and out. (I am not saying that the download or game is to blame, but until I complete a full scan I wont know.) A heads up in either case to look into it.

I liked what was there though. Simple, easy to use. Only a few things I'd like to be able to adjust or change as noted by everyone else so far.
I haven't been able to get on. Sorry everyone :(
Kovinth
Been posting for a bit

Postby KittehBoy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Kovinth wrote:The very small text can be difficult to read. I am sure that if I was on my regular computer, the older monitor would make it more difficult.

Yep, I'm adding in the ability to change the text size and size of your window to have a larger textbox to read from in the next version.

Kovinth wrote:My other complaint is that my web browser marked the download as unsafe from the start

Yeah... that's because web browsers and virus protection mark any zip file with an .exe inside of it unsafe. To get around this, I would have to make an install file for the game and have you download that instead, but that is more of a hassle for me and you, plus Vore Quest would be an "installed program" on your computer, so every user would be able to see that it is installed and it would appear in your windows registry. I'm guessing nobody here really wants "Vore Quest" listed as a program on their computer and would rather hide it away in some hidden location on your computer. I promise there are no viruses here! >.>
KittehBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Magic_8_Ball » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Hey love the game! <3.

I absolutely <3 demi vore (and especially demi catboy vore xD).
Thanks for this wonderful game :).
Magic_8_Ball
New to the forum

Postby Kovinth » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:45 am

KittehBoy wrote:Yep, I'm adding in the ability to change the text size and size of your window to have a larger textbox to read from in the next version.

Sweet I can't wait! :D

KittehBoy wrote:Yeah... that's because web browsers and virus protection mark any zip file with an .exe inside of it unsafe.

hmm I am using chrome and chrome itself marked it as such. It was not what I normally get when downloading a zip file with a .exe. Because I have done it before and been warned about it possibly being malicious or virus blah blah etc... But the web browser said so first, might be the website. Then I started to download it my antivirus was like, OMFG what are you doing thats bad! I had to tell it to shove off... lol.
I haven't been able to get on. Sorry everyone :(
Kovinth
Been posting for a bit

Postby bobbidys » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:35 pm

I hate to be the guy to ask this but, when do you plan to update it?
it's just that it's been a while and I've been wondering when the next update will come and how far off it actually is.
Just want to check because I'm really excited for the next additions.
This has been a PSA from your local anthropomorphic loaf of bread.
bobbidys
New to the forum

Postby KittehBoy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:52 am

bobbidys wrote:I hate to be the guy to ask this but, when do you plan to update it?
it's just that it's been a while and I've been wondering when the next update will come and how far off it actually is.
Just want to check because I'm really excited for the next additions.

I'm very sorry it's taking so long XP My computer broke and I only just recently got my programming software back on my crappy new temporary computer. On top of that, I've moved and started a new job, but the update is on it's way. I wish I could get it done quicker, but it's going to be 2-4 weeks about. Sorry! =(
KittehBoy
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game