Ryanshow's Skyrim devourment add on mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Ryanshow's Skyrim devourment add on mod

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:53 pm

installing
Copy all this junk into your data folder. If you're running either of the modding examples that got released sorry but this will overwrite them. You should probably do a clean save uninstalling them first.

The dialog mod is the one that adds dialog.

The event handler mod is a utility I made for my own convenience. When you get digested and the devourer becomes the next dragon born the event handler mod will give the devourer all your old stats so you don't lose a ton of progress. You don't have to use it, I just find it VERY useful.

Important
Also... I never renamed my script fragments, if you had the devourment example mods those fragments will likely get overwritten but if it starts overwriting a bunch of files in the scripts folder there is likely some kind of collision in script names with another mod! You probably don't want to do this! If this becomes a problem I might have to rename all the scripts but I REALLY don't want to have to go through the hours it would take. I'm new to modding, cut me some slack.

Premise
You can only ask your friends to eat you, and they won't even digest you! Jerks!

So I added a prompt to ALL females. Even your friends to ask them to eat you.

So you ask them to eat you and guess what strangers don't really care about you... So they'll eat you yah, you might not make it back out though. They will be brutal.

You can press the G button while in them to talk to them as usual. It will activate a dialog and you can try to talk your pred into another form of vore.

If they spit you out you can talk to them in the next 10 seconds? I think its that long. They will say something appropriate about having spit you up.

If you get gurgled all the way they will also spout off a line about your death.

Subtitles are obviously necessary.

Disclaimer

Make a save, try the mod out.

I'm not responsible if it damages your game.

Be prepared to remove it and backtrack to an earlier save if weird stuff starts happening.

I'll be honest I'm coming back to this mod after a month of it collecting dust. I was out of commission for health reasons and it's been a while so I'm struggling to remember everything about its systems. I tested it a bit today to make sure everything all seemed to be there.

Bug reports
If you notice something weird happening... Take note of the lines being said. I will be searching for a needle in a haystack without knowing the lines that are being said.

We'll see where this goes...
Attachments
StrangerMod.rar
(187.69 KiB) Downloaded 16905 times
Last edited by ryanshowseason3 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanshowseason3
???

Re: Ryanshow's Skyrim devourment mod

Postby hernextmeal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Okay, pretty good for a first version (amazing actually, far better than the default dialogue) but there seems to be a couple problems I hit right away.

1) The dialogue moves too fast to read. A line of text will be on the screen for less than a second so I basically have to take a screenshot to see it.

2) Doesn't seem tuned for male player characters - dialog makes reference to the player being a she and sometimes an NPC will offer herself as a meal which doesn't work because males don't have the Devourment ability.

Again though, this is a damned good first version.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:41 pm

So I downloaded it and nothing happens when I talk to females in Whiterun, it's supposed to add prompts, is that correct? Nothing is happenings so far.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:49 am

hernextmeal wrote:1) The dialogue moves too fast to read. A line of text will be on the screen for less than a second so I basically have to take a screenshot to see it.

Have you installed http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884?
Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice is usually required by mods that add dialogs without voice acting, otherwise the subtitle is almost immediately skipped.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby hernextmeal » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:03 am

Someone92 wrote:
hernextmeal wrote:1) The dialogue moves too fast to read. A line of text will be on the screen for less than a second so I basically have to take a screenshot to see it.

Have you installed http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884?
Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice is usually required by mods that add dialogs without voice acting, otherwise the subtitle is almost immediately skipped.

I hadn't, and now I did, and now the dialogue won't even trigger. Possible I fucked my load order, but I don't have time to fool around with that tonight.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sightseerdraws » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:13 am

I'm getting the same issue as 2412, after putting everything in their folders there doesn't seem to be any new dialog. However I'm certain it's running because whenever the game loads up a little prompt comes up that says "Registered".

*Edit: It's working now, I copied and overwrote the files and for some reason it started working. Curious. Other than that I must say that the mod is fantastic, my only complaint is that the NPCs don't retain their disposition if you talk to them again. (Example one girl allowed me to, *Ehm* "Bang" Inside her, and after I went and talked to her again she decided I was better off digesting in her.)

But it's a minor gripe, excellent work so far sir.
Last edited by Sightseerdraws on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sightseerdraws
Been posting for a bit

Postby kenny316 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:27 am

It's working just fine for me.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AbitterPill » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:36 am

If I'm digested then the game just crashes.
AbitterPill
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:20 am

It works. It's very cool. Though I think the 'npc as prey' dialogues for them in the belly haven't been written yet. Still, it's very cool.
darkevilme
---

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:12 am

Sightseerdraws wrote: my only complaint is that the NPCs don't retain their disposition if you talk to them again. (Example one girl allowed me to, *Ehm* "Bang" Inside her, and after I went and talked to her again she decided I was better off digesting in her.)

This will happen, completely intended. The things I'd have to do to make them retain their personalities... Ick. I think it's possible but it's really awful.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:14 am

darkevilme wrote:It works. It's very cool. Though I think the 'npc as prey' dialogues for them in the belly haven't been written yet. Still, it's very cool.

No they have not, getting that dialog to pop up was going to take a different approach than the one I developed for player as prey. I didn't go through and implement any of the extra lines for that as of now. As I recall it would require a wave of testing I wasn't prepared to commit to if no one liked the thing in the first place.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:17 am

AbitterPill wrote:If I'm digested then the game just crashes.

For any dialog of mine I assume? Does the game crash if you are being digested normally? I suspect so and then I'm not sure it has anything to do with my mod being there.

Are you using the event handler mod as well? Both have an event registered on death. try getting digested with one at a time and without my mods. Post results. I haven't had crashes myself, although there are mishaps with the engine at times that are out of my hands and in the devourment base code.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:21 am

hernextmeal wrote:Okay, pretty good for a first version (amazing actually, far better than the default dialogue) but there seems to be a couple problems I hit right away.

1) The dialogue moves too fast to read. A line of text will be on the screen for less than a second so I basically have to take a screenshot to see it.

2) Doesn't seem tuned for male player characters - dialog makes reference to the player being a she and sometimes an NPC will offer herself as a meal which doesn't work because males don't have the Devourment ability.

Again though, this is a damned good first version.

As someone else said, fuz ro doh fixes that for me. Adding new dialog to NPCs sometimes requires the player to load the game up, save and then load that save for the dialog to properly "register"

Also if the player or the girl being talked to has the marker that makes them "full" the dialog won't appear.

No that won't work with males but I didn't want to exclude them entirely from the mod. I wrote the lines with females in mind yes. If you can tell me which ones are odd that way I can maybe exclude them from being spoken and limit the random options for males. It would be possible to generate male only lines or other universal options. But that's for another version. I'm still seeing where this is going.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Vae » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 am

Played through the mod extensively and found no bugs! congrats!

its wonderful to have some variation in the dialogue finally, thank you so much for the work you put into this!

I did notice something odd with a certain dialogue line, but wasn't able to find it again. I remember seeing an (illusion) option that started with "CAST*" and it looked quite out of place. think it said something about Jarls?
Vae
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tyrantofsyberia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:43 am

I can't even get the mod started. Skyrim keeps crashing to desktop. Any idea how to fix this issue?
My seeking rp thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23889&p=789440#p789440
Always open for rp.
不渡り裁判官グラシエラオルベラへ:

病原性細菌は、汝の表皮上におることがあります
Tyrantofsyberia
???

Postby R3X » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 am

Tyrantofsyberia wrote:I can't even get the mod started. Skyrim keeps crashing to desktop. Any idea how to fix this issue?

Does it crash before the main menu shows up ? That would mean you're missing a requirement of the mod, or the loadorder is screwed up.
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:13 am

I'm confused, are there two devourment mods now?
eatmeplease
---

Postby hernextmeal » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 am

eatmeplease wrote:I'm confused, are there two devourment mods now?

Sort of, this mod uses Devourment to add custom dialogue and scenarios.

----

Also, new bug, unless it's intended: the dialogue with friends is gone with this mod.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Ah, so its not a new mod. Ah well.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Tyrantofsyberia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

I feel like an idiot now. I deleted devourment because I thought this was a different mod. Hi guys, I'm the dumbest computer programmer in the world!
My seeking rp thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23889&p=789440#p789440
Always open for rp.
不渡り裁判官グラシエラオルベラへ:

病原性細菌は、汝の表皮上におることがあります
Tyrantofsyberia
???

Next

Return to Vore game