A Day At The Funfair (1.3) (Source On Page 10)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

A Day At The Funfair (1.3) (Source On Page 10)

Postby Jeschke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Hey everybody. Because I stuck this up on FA, I'm gonna stick it up here too, but anyway for the past two months I've been working on and off on a text adventure, and since it got to a decent point of completion I've been uploading it here and there. Right now it's on my gallery ( http://aryion.com/g4/view/291801 ), but I figured I should make a topic for it too, for archiving or something? Since it is a whole game and whatnot?

Anyway, here's the quick information:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5oto ... eak3.quest
Engine: http://textadventures.co.uk/quest/desktop
Online version (for macs or otherwise): http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... unfair-1-3

1.3 changes:
-Haunted House and Ball Pit are now open
-New map layout (see http://i.imgur.com/s7QlaNA.png )
-Different codes for completing the game, extra content outside of the rides
-Adorable squirrel to greet you when you start up the game
-Leif appears thanks to Commanderleifn7 on FA.
-Munchies stall and related appears thanks to http://aryion.com/g4/user/Aeznon
---Tweak 3 adds Neiva, the jackaltaur, as an alternate to Jillian at the kissing booth (All writing/character belongs to http://www.furaffinity.net/user/johnv ). Can only be found on rare occasion while full digestion is on, and if you get past the first two kisses from her, what comes after will feature taur cock, fellatio, and possible CV. Kiss at your own risk, she's a pretty hungry taur..

Contains:
Spoiler: show
    Primarily m/player vore, but also f/player and ?/player vore.
    Primarily OV, also rare instances of AV/CV/UB.
    Toggles between heavy/light/no digestion, with no digestion having its own alternate text.
    12 different rides/experiences, either like minigames or just luck games.
    Some randomization to what happens/who is in what ride, outside of player action.
    More to come later, this is the light version, aka there's still 4 rides to do, plus when it's all done I'm not against doing all-male and all-female versions just for the fun of it.
    Bugs should be gone, but you honestly never know.
    More content coming later.

There's more general information on the submission, so look at that if you're curious about whatever else. Oh yeah, and I can't really police people's comments, so if you could just not post the code for low health if you get it, that'd be great. :B The game isn't hard enough that I think it's needed, if anybody really has that much trouble, then I can just give out advice for getting through it. I'd imagine it's beatable in a few playthroughs, at most, but for the most part, it's luck what can happen.

Anyway yeah, give it a look maybe if it sounds fun. :B

-------------------------

Because it's been forever and people are still asking, here's the most relevant codes that can be used. It's not all of them, but it's the ones people are gonna want.

iamthirsty = Concession stand content (micro/macro with heavy digestion)
idrankthesoda = Start the game already micro-sized, basically skipping the introduction/shrinking in that content
mylucksucks = Health set to 1, so you'll lose to the first thing you run into, unless you get really lucky
neivaiswaiting = Puts johnv's character in the kissing booth, no rolling for it.
Last edited by Jeschke on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:25 am, edited 14 times in total.
Jeschke
Participator

Re: A Day At The Funfair (text adventure)

Postby Darian » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Ran into a problem. I tried running this, but it wouldn't load... got a message that said that 'incorrect ASL version number'. Is that a thing?
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby Jeschke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:42 pm

I'd say check your Quest version. If it's not 5.5.1 or 5.6, that'd be the cause. That's what poking around the forums told me, anyway.

edit: Also got an online version up, if the version mismatch isn't the solution.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:52 pm

This is excellently done, and quite a lot of replay value. I've been having fun poking around and seeing all the different ways my time at the fair can end. I was especially impressed that a single attraction can have multiple endings itself. Nice job!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jeschke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Myconid32 wrote:This is excellently done, and quite a lot of replay value. I've been having fun poking around and seeing all the different ways my time at the fair can end. I was especially impressed that a single attraction can have multiple endings itself. Nice job!

Thanks, man. *thumbs up emoticon here* The randomness aspect is still one of my favorites, and yeah all in all there's about 30 endings, either counting or not counting the ending where the player actually escapes. So I had a lot of fun (and headache) making all the separate game overs and all that.

(Also your brogue work has been fantastic, helped me get going on mine every now and again, for sure, just saying)
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Erebus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm enjoying it! though replaying a lot to try and get female predator. I'm looking forward to playing it when you've added even more to it and esp. if you make an all female pred version. <3
Sometimes the web-version (at least) freezes when I press a direction while inside a pred. Maybe it'll solve itself after a few minutes but I wasn't that patient :p
Erebus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jeschke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Erebus wrote:I'm enjoying it! though replaying a lot to try and get female predator. I'm looking forward to playing it when you've added even more to it and esp. if you make an all female pred version. <3
Sometimes the web-version (at least) freezes when I press a direction while inside a pred. Maybe it'll solve itself after a few minutes but I wasn't that patient :p

Yeah, I was just about to note that. I have no idea why, but the web version really doesn't like timers, which are kind of a major part of the whole game, so I need to look into that. I'm recommending downloading it for now.

edit: Found it. What's happening is that the in-browser game is waiting for a key to be pressed, and while you could do that with any command in the offline version, for the in-browser game, you'll have to actually click in the text window and press a button on your keyboard, like you would with a "PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" sort of thing.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Bright » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Heh, fun thing, I tried all rides, didn't get eaten once on my first playthrough.

Well, I got four punches.

Oh wait, I discovered the hedge maze.
Damn, there are some close calls that gets my heart beating.
---

Damn goat.

Really good game so far. I really enjoy it.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Gibet » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Very enjoyable! Nicely done.
The first mode was too easy, so I had fun with low-health mode as well!
"The predator's job isn't done when the hunt is over." -Topaz the fairy
Gibet
Participator

Postby DrippingMeal » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Enjoyable, well written and it seems like there's lots of potential for multiple replays! However it took me quite awhile for me to actually get eaten haha. Went through the Circus show, and the petting zoo with no luck. But I like that randomness, so each playthrough is different. :3
DrippingMeal
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jeschke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:30 pm

Yeah, the difficulty is a bit hard to judge, cause it's all random and such. Maybe the full version will have me take down the starting HP just a tad. But there's definitely cases where I've wandered around and gotten eaten right off the bat, others where it takes a few tries. x3 Just depends on what happens!
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Skittles209 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:42 am

Is there a forum for all Quest vore games or vore text based games? Just a silly question but I'm serious.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby eatmeplease » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:23 am

I was gonna try and port the offline version to Linux but it's written in Visual Basic.
eatmeplease
---

Postby ironman362 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:16 pm

I really like the goat scene :)
ironman362
Participator

Postby matnik » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:40 pm

I really like this game - your writing is superlative, the mechanics are fun, and the overall theme meshes well with anthro vore. Thanks for sharing it with us. One question, though - I'm having a tough time getting something to happen at the dunking booth, even after I've input a certain code at the beginning. Anything I can do to hurt my odds of sruvival?
matnik
Somewhat familiar

Postby Salanth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:23 pm

I appreciate the fact that you put in good effort for us endo fans as well (as I can see from the art you're involved in that you are a fan of digestion/fatal vore). Lots of fun to be had and endings to explore, you must have spent a lot of time writing all of this.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 pm

I was wondering if it was possible to put together a list of all the things that can eat you, since there are multiple vore scenes in a majority of the rides. Also theres a typo in Gryphon Digestion with rolling being spelled, "rollingl" Only typo I have seen from the things I found. (I'm sure i'm missing a ton of critters.)
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:30 pm

I have a Windows virtual machine, I hope it works! :D
eatmeplease
---

Postby eatmeplease » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm

OK, I think I hate the Quest engine now. The game goes black during play and I have to minimize and then restore to fix it.
eatmeplease
---

Postby JesseClark9 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Just gotta say, I'm very impressed with the adventure. Even though I haven't made it out of the fair without being eaten, I still keep playing it and seeing what new things will happen each choice I make. Can't wait to see more content, I really like it!
JesseClark9
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game