A Day At The Funfair (1.3) (Source On Page 10)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Day At The Funfair (1.3)

Postby Terrafox » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

So is there still just the single female pred in the game so far?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jeschke » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Anthro21 wrote:I really wanna get eaten by the lion at the circus, but am having no luck. Is there some sort of trick to it?

Not really. It's just a random chance of you getting chosen to go onstage with him, and a random chance of him trying to eat you. Just like for anything else numbers-wise, I'd say just use the blue crystal outside of the circus, then you can just keep reloading and entering the circus if it doesn't happen.

Terrafox wrote:So is there still just the single female pred in the game so far?

Only the one anthro female, yeah. Couple of the ferals are female, but I'm not sure that'd matter too much to anyone asking.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby eleventh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:13 pm

Jeschke wrote:Only the one anthro female, yeah. Couple of the ferals are female, but I'm not sure that'd matter too much to anyone asking.

Well, guess I can stop reloading and sneaking into the circus tent then. :lol:
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Jeschke » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:53 am

I keep forgetting to update this thing, ugh.

Tweak 3 to the game is up. This adds Neiva, the jackaltaur, to the kissing booth. She can only be found when the player has digestion on (not implied, all the way on), and gets lucky. Or unlucky, depending on how you see it. She's also got taur cock, fellatio, and possible CV if you make it past the first two kisses. She was written into the game by http://www.furaffinity.net/user/johnv / http://aryion.com/g4/user/John , so give them some love if you liked seeing her in the game.

To note, if you want to go right to her, you can save the game right before your first visit to the kissing booth and enter/reload your save until she shows up, as the roll to see if she shows up is done the very first time you enter the booth. Or you can ask JohnV for a code you can use at the code machine.

It's worth noting that if anyone wants to add something into the funfair, I can provide templates to rides or encounters to anyone who wants to write stuff into the game or whatnot.

Anyway, I'm updating links around the places, so yeah. Links in the OP are updated, and I'm about to go fix the ones on the submission too.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Krono » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Jeschke wrote:It's worth noting that if anyone wants to add something into the funfair, I can provide templates to rides or encounters to anyone who wants to write stuff into the game or whatnot.

That sounds like fun. Can I get the templates? :D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Baz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Jeschke wrote:Only the one anthro female, yeah. Couple of the ferals are female, but I'm not sure that'd matter too much to anyone asking.

It matters >.>
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby Jeschke » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:42 am

Krono wrote:
Jeschke wrote:It's worth noting that if anyone wants to add something into the funfair, I can provide templates to rides or encounters to anyone who wants to write stuff into the game or whatnot.

That sounds like fun. Can I get the templates? :D

Uuuuh. You might have to specify the ride, too. x3 I haven't gone through and made templates for everything, I was just offering to do so, some of the rides can be different rather than the normal "nom triggered -> escape vs. succeed -> belly and what follows" stuff?
Jeschke
Participator

Postby wolfSnack » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:39 pm

I like the updates to the game, but quick question - how do you use the Blue Crystal?
I know how to use it to save the game, but how do you reload to that point?
Thanks!

(Also, is there any content in the Guards' Tent?)
wolfSnack
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jeschke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Saving will create a file on your computer wherever you said to save, then you can just double-click that to reload, or I think you could select "load" and then select the file and then it'll grab it.

If it's online, you might have to use "load" as a command, but I don't know how it'll work there, really.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby adamtheapple » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:18 pm

i like in the bathroom if you look in the mirror it says Despite everything, it's still you. :D
adamtheapple
New to the forum

Postby Jeschke » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:44 am

Yep.

Despite everything, it's impossible to break away.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Cygni » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 am

Can you edit the OP and add in the Trello link, please?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby falloutman117 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 am

I am assuming that there is no way to get the codes for the code machine without getting all 10 punches in the punch card? I have been trying to get all 10 but I keep dying as I try to get my last one. Can anyone give me the codes?
falloutman117
New to the forum

Re: A Day At The Funfair (1.3) (Source On Page 10)

Postby Jeschke » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Hey, so. Apparently the Quest website might be going down in a few months. March, in fact. Nothing certain, but, time to prepare for it possibly happening. So because I've mentioned it before, I'm finally getting around to it, and dumping the source code for this and the Halloween game for people to mess around with/look through. Or edit to add in their own things. I dunno. I wouldn't mind hearing about it if anyone does that. :B

But yeah, here.

Fairground: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ln1f43w2 ... fmby1&dl=0
Pranks And Some Predation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cfzllssx6yb7 ... .aslx?dl=0

What you want to do is load up your Quest editor with a new game, go into code view, and paste the entirety of that code in there. The code should be formatted like so: https://gyazo.com/5d3f7941014990f1a536594df1e45cd7 . Then go out of code view, and save the game when it prompts you to. It should re-load the editor, and there you go, the source code in a readable, non-code format. (I don't know why it's such a pain to get it to do that, I've tried putting the file online and that just corrupted it somehow, and pulling the source code from the .quest file makes it not format correctly for the editor or something.)

Anyway, have fun and all. If you were still holding out for an update, believe me, it's a fun idea in my head but I have no idea if I'll ever sit down and put the hours in to write the multiple endings for things. I got burnt out. Now I'm just going to look around for another adventure game maker. People say Twine is alright but I hate the lack of interaction and depth of elements compared with Quest. Might just stick with Quest for my next game but with the knowledge that I might have to distribute the program along with the game. In any case, enjoy poking around the code, there's commentary in the funfair about things that might've been, and lots of things that might've been that weren't that you can read.
Last edited by Jeschke on Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby ShadowedFigure » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:07 am

Thanks for posting source! I could tell that you structure things a bit differently than others do, and it'll be interesting to study.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Darian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 pm

wait is Quest going down permanently?
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby Jeschke » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Nah, I don't think so? But the site seems to be possibly going down. Which would mean no more online player for all the non-Windows users. The program will still be around, but I'd imagine you'd have to search for it on github or get it from someone else. That's if nobody takes over the site, and I don't have much of an idea at all about the likelihood of someone stepping up.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Zovoroth » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:14 am

Have you taken a look at Inform 7? From what I've seen, it's at least as capable as Quest, although it's more complicated to set up and their insistence on "English" code can be annoying.
Zovoroth
New to the forum

Postby AnonymousRaccoon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm

There's also Rpg maker lots of people seem to hate it so I don't know how good it is compared to quest but I haven't come across any type of genre I wouldn't be able to do with it.
AnonymousRaccoon
New to the forum

Postby eleventh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:43 pm

It's not that the program itself is vanishing from the internet, there's just a chance the site it's hosted on will close down, which could be something of a problem. (Although even then it probably wouldn't be any worse than getting the various rpgmaker RTPs.)
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game