Ultimate Blackjack [Moddable for custom text]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ultimate Blackjack

Postby Reaverbot » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:14 pm

martyr wrote:Love the art, and the blackjack implementation is solid. I wish the ending continued after the big belly pic, but I can't remember if you're into digestion or the aftermath thereof... Probably hard to get the artist to do that anyway.

Digestion would be cool
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maxen » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:56 pm

This is awesome!
Maxen
New to the forum

Postby Journeyman » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi all! Been away all day~ Thanks, those of you who have sent donations; you are special people who deserve more awesome things than I can make for you :)

A new tip is revealed! Head down to the bottom, after personal replies to see!

DjConnorJ, yep, there's pictures for the vore parts. Please, though, just wait a bit and play the game, rather than asking for the pictures to all be posted. A lot of time and money went into creating the experience of the game, and it is free to play, so I'd prefer that everyone have the experience of earning a victory rather than posting all of the images--especially the final vore pictures.

4ofSwords, thank you!! I'm really glad that you're enjoying the game!

nex12334, thanks for the suggestions! I might go in and add some sounds--that would not be significantly difficult to do. Still thinking about it, I'll post an update on the first post if sound gets added later.

martyr, it's not a thing that I'm specifically into myself, though I'm generally pretty open-minded. Digestion/scat does have 2 drawbacks which disqualified it from this first game: 1) it's something that a sizeable percentage feel strongly about one way or the other, so it'd result in additional programming to support user preferences. 2) The artist, TheBigBrap, was interested in doing the end-game image as a series of images, which I would add animation to through programming (instead of just one win/lose image). I love the idea, but it does mean that the commission became quite a large one. At that point, it seemed an unwise use of time and $ to add content that many users would wish to switch off! In future projects, I'll keep looking into ways to make preferences an option.

Schpadoinkle, I'm not sure? Secret pictures at $50? I don't think I suggested that.... The game does show a unique picture for situations in which you either win or lose one hand by a very close margin. (You get a 20, she draws a 21, for example). But those are just statistically rarer, not secret. There is a secret feature in the game, but it's not related to extra pictures. (And I haven't said anything about what it is yet). As for the reset button, it doesn't do nothing--it literally does something!!! Read the text carefully when you click the "return" button. In the middle of a game, it offers to concede the game, forfeiting your bet. After you or she loses everything, it offers to reset. Read farther down for something that may help!

forumlurker, datdemguy, vore2412, exactly! The assumption is completely correct, btw; it's one of the things I did to make this a little easier than Vegas. Instead of a 6-deck shoe, this game uses only one 52-card deck. Every time you hear a shuffle noise, the deck was shuffled, and all discarded cards are now back in the deck.

Travis_Hackett, yes! But they don't have vore blackjack in Vegas :(

Maxen, thanks!

Regarding game reset
Personally, I don't love the idea of resetting the game whenever you feel you're on a losing streak (or winning streak), because I actually find that it is more frustrating in the long run. If you're doing rather badly, and can't string together a betting strategy that gets you back in shape, resetting the game's score actually only prolongs the torture. Reset prevents loss, but if you're losing overall, then it really just gives you infinite losing without ever hitting a game end. I just want to throw that in there as a warning, because I've tried it, and I found it frustrating.

However. Yep, the game actually does have a reset. The default behaviour is to presume that whenever you quit the game (or hit that back button in-game), you want to save your progress and buy in to another game. When a game-over occurs, a reset *must* happen (or else the game would get stuck in a game-over state). Sooooooooo. If you want to do a hard-reset, putting both of you back at $500 and reshuffling, simply type reset and press Enter. 8O
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:16 am

Journeyman wrote:
Schpadoinkle, I'm not sure? Secret pictures at $50? I don't think I suggested that.... The game does show a unique picture for situations in which you either win or lose one hand by a very close margin. (You get a 20, she draws a 21, for example). But those are just statistically rarer, not secret. There is a secret feature in the game, but it's not related to extra pictures. (And I haven't said anything about what it is yet). As for the reset button, it doesn't do nothing--it literally does something!!! Read the text carefully when you click the "return" button. In the middle of a game, it offers to concede the game, forfeiting your bet. After you or she loses everything, it offers to reset. Read farther down for something that may help!

When you described them as rare, I thought they were win/loss images because you called them closewin/closelose. Also those images aren't rare. I see them literally all the time. There should be the option to accuse her of cheating/hiding a deck in her cleavage and getting the option to eat her for calling her out. It's the only way to explain how she keeps pulling 21s when I have a 20 as often as she does.

And that reset command should be how the reset button works in the first place. Speaking as someone who doesn't really enjoy being prey, having to go through the loss screen every time is rather irritating. Even more so if it comes at the end of a thirty minute long or more back and forth session. I'd much rather have the option to just start over.

I've got to be honest with you. This game is INCREDIBLY frustrating even at the best of times. And when it's not frustrating it's just a long period of trading wins and losses until I finally lose because she has a long streak of beating my hand by exactly one.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby IndifferentEmpath » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:47 am

Hey thanks for making this game. Just finished playing, got both endings over maybe a half hour. The dialogue between/after hands is really nice. The blackjack works perfectly. The end scenes, both eating and eaten are excellent and worth the effort. Very nice job.

The game does go through streaks which I could definitely see as frustrating. My first game I had Raven down to $75 before she came back and ate me. The second game went back and forth, she was up to $900 at one point but I eventually got her down(my throat). At one point I got three blackjacks in a row, and often the dealer seems to beat you by a single point, but I think that's mostly just the nature of the game. If you play long enough and smart enough you should win, I didn't feel cheated. Blackjack is the game where the player has the best chance against the house, but the house still has the advantage.

Does the game only use one deck? Is the shuffling sound denoting you have restarted that deck? I would suggest a manual reset, though you can do that by just exiting the program and restarting it for now.

Anywho, this is a very nice game. Hopefully you expand from here, perhaps more dealers and dialogue/scenes. Looking forward to whatever you create!

Edit: One problem I had was the dealer's cards are sometimes hard to read being upside down and partially obscured. Pretty much just 2s, 5s, 6s and 9s. If you showed more of the cards pips perhaps that would be an easy fix.
IndifferentEmpath
Been posting for a bit

Postby martyr » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:41 am

Journeyman wrote: martyr, it's not a thing that I'm specifically into myself, though I'm generally pretty open-minded. Digestion/scat does have 2 drawbacks which disqualified it from this first game: 1) it's something that a sizeable percentage feel strongly about one way or the other, so it'd result in additional programming to support user preferences. 2) The artist, TheBigBrap, was interested in doing the end-game image as a series of images, which I would add animation to through programming (instead of just one win/lose image). I love the idea, but it does mean that the commission became quite a large one. At that point, it seemed an unwise use of time and $ to add content that many users would wish to switch off! In future projects, I'll keep looking into ways to make preferences an option.

Ah, drat. Maybe another game, then. x3
martyr
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:07 am

Same i was quite looking forward to seeing those at least as toggles. I was under the impression from the earlier topic those were going to be added. hence my donation. oh well it's still a good game.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby dagar » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:13 pm

I actually beat it once! <3 Lovely PoV for that! Can't wait to see more!
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Skeiron » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:39 pm

I like it :)
POV from predator perspective is pretty sparse
Also I like the taunts that she does if she is winning, and suddenly switches her tone when she is losing :gulp:
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ToxicRoses » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Id like to see an option that if you win you can choose not eat her and gets all happy and kisses you XD also if you lose there should be a small chance she will choose to let you go, but thats just presonal opinion
ToxicRoses
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:29 pm

I think the button detection might be off. Sometimes when I bet $50, it only bets $10.

Also another bug. I doubled and got a 19. She had an 18. Game said she won.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 am

By the way... YOU PAID $750 FOR THOSE PICS!

They are good but not Neigh on 1000 dollars good.

I don't wan't to be rude or alienate anyone but that seems like a rip off.

How could they justify charging you that much for what ammounts to several backgroundless character stills? Ye's they are good, yes I like them, the character, and the game, but that just seems exorbitant!

I want to donate SOOOOOO bad right now! God I wish I wasn't broke!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby thyladras » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am

if the vore was progressive, more you loose more you are vored by raven that's will be cool xD
thyladras
Somewhat familiar

Postby 48th agent » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:24 pm

I loved it! Really hot, especially loved the teasing dialog between hands and those after game shots are very nice! Wish the number of lose state shots was a little more equal to the win state shots, which I really liked, by the way. Only complaint I have about those is that the zoom you do on those for the swallowing is a bit odd. I'd suggest to have the frame move down a little to simulate her disappearing beneath the camera as opposed to right into it or behind it.

Great work, otherwise! Just a bit of some frustration with how many hands she just happens to win because she can just hit perfectly, but maybe that's because I suck a the game so the losing streaks are really easy to fall into, heheh.
Never split the party!
48th agent
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby thebigbrap » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 pm

How could they justify charging you that much for what ammounts to several backgroundless character stills? Ye's they are good, yes I like them, the character, and the game, but that just seems exorbitant!

When you make art for a living you charge based on the quality of your work and the TIME it takes to make said work. people don't seem to understand that art takes time to make. a single drawing can take hours based on the amount of detail and finish that is put into it. think about this the next time you say something like "thats a rip off" would you go to work for someone for free? work 3 or 4 hours for nothing? maybe if you were well off and money wasn't an issue then yea. or would you accept to do a job for less than minimum wage and get paid peanuts for your hard work. I value my time, and I price fairly for what I believe my skills are worth.
thebigbrap
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:46 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:By the way... YOU PAID $750 FOR THOSE PICS!

They could justify it on the basis that people were willing to pay for it. I assume the bigbrap didn't brandish a gun to stop the creator from going to less pricey artists for what they wanted. And it's not like TBB is the only artist around either.
darkevilme
---

Postby Reaverbot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:56 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:By the way... YOU PAID $750 FOR THOSE PICS!

If the guy got them done, I'm sure he was in a good spot financially to pay for it. I mean, you have a point, I think that price is pretty ridic too, but there's no reason to make a big scene about it if the creator is cool with it.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ironman362 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:08 pm

I think an easy mode would be nice
ironman362
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:13 pm

thebigbrap wrote:

When you make art for a living you charge based on the quality of your work and the TIME it takes to make said work. people don't seem to understand that art takes time to make. a single drawing can take hours based on the amount of detail and finish that is put into it. think about this the next time you say something like "thats a rip off" would you go to work for someone for free? work 3 or 4 hours for nothing? maybe if you were well off and money wasn't an issue then yea. or would you accept to do a job for less than minimum wage and get paid peanuts for your hard work. I value my time, and I price fairly for what I believe my skills are worth.

Dude I am a Video editor, and CG animator. I have litterally spent over 100 hours for my mother, father, and grandmother, making animated logos for their buisnesses each. Thats a total of 300 hours I spent doing free stuff, for admittedly realtives, but I never once considered payment. I've also done some CG models for friends for free wich one of which took me almost 150 hours to complete.

Don't complain to me for three or fours hours.

Maybe I should charge for those, I wouldn't be broke right now if I did.

If I did charge though I would feel utterly guilty of anything close to 700, even though I spent so much time on them, and did so much advanced work.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Delet932b4sk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Getting away from the thread derailment, I smoked her twice in a row, no idea what everyone's on about regarding difficulty. But then, I've played games of chance against plenty of cheating AIs and stacked decks in my time, and I play games of chance pretty regularly as-is. My recommendation would be, provided you can procure them, three different characters, an Easy, Medium, and Hard mode sort of thing. Raven could probably stay as the hard mode, considering she seems learned.
Delet932b4sk
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game