Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby Isha » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:26 pm

Jadex wrote:Oh sick, well thanks cha for all the work so far!

And thank you for stopping in! I hope you enjoy my work!

DarkRain wrote:what does this mod add? vore skils by a vampire?

I just realized that I accidentally removed the explanation on the front page - oops! I'll fix that in a moment.

Blood of the Hunter attempts to make acquiring the Devourment powers part of the overall gameplay experience. Instead of just 'having' them, the player must contract Sanguinare Rapaxis from a pred somewhere in the world (with the same 15% chance of infection as Sanguinare Vampiris).

After three days (assuming the player doesn't remove the disease somehow), the player becomes an 'apex predator' and is given three Devourment abilities (Vore, Burp and Fart); neglecting to feed for extended periods increases the player's 'pred stage' and grants them further abilities until they reduce their 'stage' by feeding.

I initially wanted to tie the mod into Dawnguard, but I couldn't do that without breaking significant portions of the Dawnguard quest line; for compatibility and playability, I wanted to avoid breaking or changing official DLC as much as possible.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Re: Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby Isha » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:22 am

OKAY!

I've regained some of my love of Skyrim!

There still won't be any significant updates to Blood of the Hunter, but...

After taking a deep-dive into Devourment's scripts, I've managed to accomplish something that I've wanted to do since the very first days of the original Devourment, all the way back in LE.

I've never liked the fact that I can just open the sleep/wait menu and digest everything in the span of an hour. To me, that doesn't feel realistic (not that anything about Devourment Refactor is particularly realistic *lol*).

So: as of the next version of Blood of the Hunter, I have turned the menu off. Or rather, I figured out how to disable it, so the player has to wait things out. Now, if you swallow someone, you won't be able to just burn it off with a keypress.

Oh, and while you're waiting, you're going to have to avoid people -- get too close to a town or city (or an NPC) with a full belly and you'll have to defend yourself.

I've also adjusted the power-removal script that forms the core of Blood of the Hunter: I realized during my new revisions that I was running an OnUpdate() event that didn't need to work more than once, so I swapped some things around and moved the Devourment power properties out of the script's OnUpdate() loop. As a beneficial side-effect of this change, any Devourment powers that are added via the console will now persist until a saved game is loaded.

I'm still doing the final tests on the new updates; I know of at least one situation that, while not strictly a 'bug', may make the disabled sleep/wait menu an annoyance. I'll aim for a release sometime in the next week, but that's not a firm target! -- I very much prefer 'it's finally ready!' to 'oops, I'm going to miss this arbitrary release date'.

Hope you enjoy it when it gets here!

It's here! The BotH AE 1.03 alpha is available on the front page. It was designed specifically for the AE version of Devourment Refactor, and may not work with earlier versions.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!

Isha.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game