Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE 2018 May~

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE 2018 May~

Postby RediQ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 am

Hey there, Eka's Portal.
After playing almost every vore game I've found on this site, I finally decided to take a shot at writing my own. There's been too many ideas for vore scenes piling up in my head so it's high time I put them out there. I really hope people enjoy it, and any feedback is super-appreciated.

This game is an RPG-like adventure game constructed using the Visual Novel-maker Novelty (http://www.visualnovelty.com/). There is a level-up and lite inventory system in place, and the game will be largely based on exploring the world to find new scenes. The vore scenes are purely F/F and will mostly be same-size and/or oral vore.

The game's system requirements are based on the requirements for running Novelty (http://www.visualnovelty.com/help.html#documentation). Most importantly, it requires your computer to have DirectX 9. If the game isn't running for you, unfortunately there are no changes I can make to it that will fix that. Any error related to ".dll" files probably means that you need to update your DirectX.

GAME DOWNLOAD
Download from MEGA - https://mega.nz/#!T6Qz3BgK!wRuknFHnEfAILldJgdfV6PdxIm0_X7WY7umzDqqup_8 (let me know ASAP if this link stops working)
Alt Download from Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxz9lg0k2gvanby/ToA_Demo3.1.rar?dl=0
Current Version: "Demo3.1" (May 11, 2018)

Regarding old saves: I am currently unsure of whether or not your old saves will work. The way the game is scripted, everything should be compatible, but I am almost certain that Novelty doesn't transfer saves across different game versions. You will probably have to start a new game from Demo3.

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
Demo3.1:
-Guard captain vore scene misdirection should be fixed.
-Minor bugfix to the intro of Gourmet Cafe.
-The prey swimmer in Sarah's hunting scene should have a working character sprite now.

Demo3:
- New encounter area with branching scenes (Bridge).
- Framework for town of Delica added.
- Framework for shop added, can now sell items.
- Temple of Souls added, can now reset player level.
- Minor fixes to older scene content.
- 3 new prey-only scenes (one with significant branches), 1 new pred-only scene, 1 pred/prey branching scene!

Demo2.2:
- Loads of small fixes for typos, scripting, and sound.
- Fixed encounters at the river incorrectly going to the road version of that encounter.
- One other major fix that I honestly can't remember at the moment.

Demo2.1:
- Bug fix, "unmanned carriage" and "driftwood" encounters were not randomizing properly and could be repeated infinitely
- Minor fix for area transitions, traveling north no longer guarantees the same encounter

Demo2:
- Added sounds
- Added Tips & Hints screen
- Exploration system implemented for first three areas
- 3 new Encounters, 4 new Characters, lots and lots of Words
- 1 minor encounter per area

Demo1.1:
- Created a large belly portrait for the MC and added it to scene

Demo1:
- Searched for and edited images
- Learned how Novelty works
- Made the game
- 1 player-pred scene with slight branching
- 1 player-prey scene with slight branching

For any feedback, bug reporting, or to help with the game:
- Post here in this thread!
- Or if you'd rather not post, you can get in touch with me through messages here on Eka's Portal or send an email to [email protected]
(If you contact me privately, please don't ask about RPing. Sorry, but I'm not interested and will ignore those messages)

If you want to help, I really really appreciate it and can probably send you a few images in need of editing. Ultimately, though, almost all the time on this project is consumed by writing scenes, and that's something that I'd really prefer not to outsource.

This game contains:
CURRENTLY - F/F, Oral Vore, Lesbian Sex, Digestion, player as pred, player as prey, same-size, micro (shrinking), F/F/F, willing prey, unwilling prey, masturbation, cooking, mini-giantess

PLANNED - Tons more F/F scenes, at least one player-pred scene for most encounters, a willing player-prey scene and unwilling player-prey scene for most encounters, probably Anal Vore and Unbirth eventually, and generally way more of most of the stuff that's in the game already.

Things this game will never have:
F/M or M/M vore, furry (monster girls and demi-humans like catgirls might appear eventually), Hard vore/gore
Apologies if you're into that stuff, but I don't have much interest or confidence in depicting them.

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler: show
screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

GAME DOWNLOAD
Download from MEGA - https://mega.nz/#!T6Qz3BgK!wRuknFHnEfAILldJgdfV6PdxIm0_X7WY7umzDqqup_8 (let me know ASAP if this link stops working)
Alt Download from Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxz9lg0k2gvanby/ToA_Demo3.1.rar?dl=0
Current Version: "Demo3.1" (May 11, 2018)
Last edited by RediQ on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:38 am, edited 29 times in total.
RediQ
Participator

Re: Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) (early demo)

Postby RediQ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:36 am

Quick note, I just updated the game slightly. The download links in the OP are both changed to Demo 1.1

The only difference is that the main character now has a big belly portrait for her post-vore masturbation scene. I thought I'd made that change before uploading it originally, but I must have forgotten to save it.

In any case, now she looks more like she ate someone and the picture can actually fit with the descriptions.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 am

I'm definitely liking it. Loving the character interaction and the story so far.

The lack of music and sounds is understandable for a Demo. A few swallowing sounds here and there wouldn't go amiss.

Keep up the good work! :-D
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Teruyo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:23 am

It's pretty nice. There's a few bugs, but I want you to do something for me. I want you to remove the word "vore" entirely from your writing. Anything you're working on, anything you've already written. It's a bit of lazy writing, and there are so many different words you could use. "Wow, I've never heard of someone living in Ediba who doesn't do vore." to "Wow! I've never heard of someone living in Ediba who's never eaten someone." "Just think, I get to teach you about vore." to "Just think, I get to teach you how to do this," that sort of thing. You can do so much more by just not using the word "vore" outside of the warning at the beginning.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Randomman29 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:05 am

Seems fun, will hope to see more later.
Randomman29
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wolfwood » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:19 am

One to watch for sure ^^
Looking forward to when it branches out. The fun part of any vore game like this or RPG style is finding all the scenes.
(And it's f/f. So awesome)
Wolfwood
Stab-Happy n' sneaky

Postby Silversepiroth » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:36 am

I've only played it through once so far, but this one definitely has a lot of potential. It'll be nice to have the gender option in there eventually. It'shard to find games with male preds as playable characters.
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Birichino » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am

Hm~
I shall try this when it's a bit more developed.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby replicatkd » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:56 am

Please let me give you this compliment...by making a game where the player can be a pred, you are truly awesome. You are really a cut above because you give a thought to both sides. It doesn't matter if it is just one scene...that is still a lot of thought given to the pred.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby Sightseerdraws » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 pm

A vore visual novel? Oh hell yesss.

For what little content there is so far, it's very good. Though I would suggest more choices for things like digestion. For example, the mysterious woman who ate you and the blue girl, maybe there could be an option to convince her to let you out? Or something along those lines. But it comes down to personal preference, and it is your game after all so if you want all digestion scenes, then that's alright.

Another thing I would suggest is recurring characters. Maybe meeting a girlfriend(s) at some point? This seems obvious at first glance, but it's a vore game. People just get eaten at the drop of a hat, kind of hard to keep others around for too long. But that all is a LOT of work and dialogue, and I don't quite know the scale of this project, so I'll leave most of that as an optimistic possibility.

Overall, I have really high hopes for this project, and I'm very excited to see it's future releases.
Sightseerdraws
Been posting for a bit

Postby DoubleOSnake » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:32 pm

After playing through it a few times to see some of the outcomes, I have to say this looks promising. Can't wait to see the next update! :D
DoubleOSnake
Participator

Postby LPWolfiLP » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:53 pm

1 Word
For a Demo awesome o3o

Would like to see the game then finished x3

And when you want can I help somehow O:
Last edited by LPWolfiLP on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPWolfiLP
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

As short as it was I have to say this is a fantastic start. Hope to eat a good many more girls in the future. The protagonist is far too skinny after all. Need to put some meat on those bones.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RediQ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks for the compliments, to those who gave them.

Teruyo wrote:It's pretty nice. There's a few bugs, but I want you to do something for me. I want you to remove the word "vore" entirely from your writing. Anything you're working on, anything you've already written. It's a bit of lazy writing, and there are so many different words you could use. "Wow, I've never heard of someone living in Ediba who doesn't do vore." to "Wow! I've never heard of someone living in Ediba who's never eaten someone." "Just think, I get to teach you about vore." to "Just think, I get to teach you how to do this," that sort of thing. You can do so much more by just not using the word "vore" outside of the warning at the beginning.

Interesting criticism, I like it.

I doubt I'd remove it entirely, because I like the idea of a world of people who acknowledge what they're doing as vore and have a word for it in the first place, but you're totally right that "vore" gets over-used in that scene, especially at the start of that conversation. I do try to vary my word choice (though tbh you'll still probably see me using "belly" way too many damn times), but just saying vore like that is one I didn't even notice. Thanks.

Also, do you remember where those bugs were? I thought I'd gotten rid of any weird inconsistencies like portraits appearing at the wrong time.

Silversepiroth wrote:I've only played it through once so far, but this one definitely has a lot of potential. It'll be nice to have the gender option in there eventually. It'shard to find games with male preds as playable characters.

There's not going to be a gender option. The game is F/F only. Sorry.
RediQ
Participator

Postby RediQ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Sightseerdraws wrote:For what little content there is so far, it's very good. Though I would suggest more choices for things like digestion. For example, the mysterious woman who ate you and the blue girl, maybe there could be an option to convince her to let you out? Or something along those lines. But it comes down to personal preference, and it is your game after all so if you want all digestion scenes, then that's alright.

Another thing I would suggest is recurring characters. Maybe meeting a girlfriend(s) at some point? This seems obvious at first glance, but it's a vore game. People just get eaten at the drop of a hat, kind of hard to keep others around for too long. But that all is a LOT of work and dialogue, and I don't quite know the scale of this project, so I'll leave most of that as an optimistic possibility.

Certain other characters might let you out in the future, or just eat you without any plans of digesting you in the first place, but being eaten in this particular case is basically an eventual Bad End for refusing to eat Alicia. Generally speaking, that intro scene is both a lot more linear and a lot more involved on a single path than most of the scenes I expect to add in the near future (because eating her is mandatory, and because it's the main character's first time, the vore scene and post-vore masturbation are more drawn out). Most of the encounters after this are probably going to have more branching options while being somewhat shorter (each dialog path would be about the same length as the Mysterious Woman ending), though I can't say for sure when I might get carried away by some scenes and end up writing more than usual.

And recurring characters are definitely something I have planned, in two different ways. The way that you're talking about is going to be around once I've built the town area later in the game, with fixed individuals who you can return to (and who will disappear forever if you eat them). None of them would really be your girlfriend, but a relationship variable to track how much they like you is simple to do and definitely something I'm considering.

The other way is going to be based on the exploration/encounter system that I've already mostly built (just haven't written the scenes for it yet). These aren't really recurring characters so much as they are just repeatable scenes, sort of like random battles in an RPG - that is, the scene will always play out with the same character portrait and dialog options, but the girl who appears in it is assumed to be a different person each time. For example, if you encountered Hungry Girl out in the wild and ended the encounter by eating her, you could still encounter a new Hungry Girl who would have the same scene but nothing to do with the one that you ate.
Last edited by RediQ on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm

RedmanQ wrote:Certain other characters might let you out in the future, or just eat you without any plans of digesting you in the first place, but being eaten in this particular case is basically an eventual Bad End for refusing to eat Alicia. Generally speaking, that intro scene is both a lot more linear and a lot more involved on that one path than most of the scenes I expect to add in the near future (because eating her is mandatory, and because it's the main character's first time, the vore scene and post-vore masturbation are more drawn out). Most of the encounters after this are probably going to have more branching options while being somewhat shorter (each dialog path would be about the same length as the Mysterious Woman ending), though I can't say for sure when I might get carried away by some scenes and end up writing more than usual.

And recurring characters are definitely something I have planned, in two different ways. The way that you're talking about is going to be around once I've built the town area later in the game, with fixed individuals who you can return to (and who will disappear forever if you eat them). None of them would really be your girlfriend, but a relationship variable to track how much they like you is simple to do and definitely something I'm considering.

The other way is going to be based on the exploration/encounter system that I've already mostly built (just haven't written the scenes for it yet). These aren't really recurring characters so much as they are just repeatable scenes, sort of like random battles in an RPG - that is, the scene will always play out with the same character portrait and dialog options, but the girl who appears in it is assumed to be a different person each time. For example, if you encountered Hungry Girl out in the wild and ended the encounter by eating her, you could still encounter a new Hungry Girl who would have the same scene but nothing to do with the one that you ate.

So eating another person is fatal then? Awesome. That just made the scene with Alicia just that much more hot. Always did love casual willing fatal stuff.

So what are your thoughts on something like a vorish restaurant or something? Where you could go in and order girls to have a repeatable scene so long as you have the money?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RediQ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:So eating another person is fatal then? Awesome. That just made the scene with Alicia just that much more hot. Always did love casual willing fatal stuff.

So what are your thoughts on something like a vorish restaurant or something? Where you could go in and order girls to have a repeatable scene so long as you have the money?

It's possible, but honestly I'm not going to worry too much about the town until I've finished all the content leading up to it. After watching this vore game forum long enough, it's obvious that Feature Creep and overly-ambitious projects are real, and I'd like to avoid getting burned out in that same way by making too many plans in advance.

But yeah, it's do-able, and adding characters that are prey-only is way easier to find pictures for since there's no need to edit them or find pregnancy portraits. It probably wouldn't be super substantial, but relatively speaking that's not a difficult piece of side-content to include.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Monopolus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm liking the idea of this, and as I write this I'm delving into the game for the first time.

As it looks so far, you have good writing skills and I'm grateful for that; too many times a vore game doesn't do much for me because the spelling and grammar is atrocious.
Monopolus
???

Postby Randomman29 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Well if you want more art or willing characters I have some but none are human.
Randomman29
Somewhat familiar

Postby Teruyo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:59 pm

RedmanQ wrote:Also, do you remember where those bugs were? I thought I'd gotten rid of any weird inconsistencies like portraits appearing at the wrong time.

The player character portrait never disappears if you decide to just take a nap after eating Alicia, and thus there are currently two of her on screen after she wakes up (the one on the left is the holdover). They both stay on-screen until the next branching path and the lady from the guild shows up again to tell me the game is over. Only one I found.

RedmanQ wrote:After watching this vore game forum long enough, it's obvious that Feature Creep and overly-ambitious projects are real, and I'd like to avoid getting burned out in that same way by making too many plans in advance.

Glory glory hallelujah! I've lost track of how many projects here that have piqued my interest but are currently in limbo. Focus is good!
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game