Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE 2018 May~

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE May 2

Postby RediQ » Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 am

Hooray! I've been quiet on this project for years, but I finally managed to get the time and the writing energy to put out something significant: The third major update to Taste of Adventure!

GAME DOWNLOAD
Download from MEGA - https://mega.nz/#!rrJkHQBT!p2r44q-FZohCKsLpVgN1OUht9b2bV-NoRzrGNtENHBQ (let me know ASAP if this link stops working)
Alt Download from Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkeo300tbr5sz1t/ToA_Demo3.rar?dl=0
Current Version: "Demo3" (May 11, 2018)

EDIT NOTICE: This version isn't current anymore, check the first post or further down on this page for the bugfixed Demo3.1

First of all, your old saves probably won't work in this, but it shouldn't be too hard to start over.
((HINT:
Spoiler: show
Don't skimp on collecting money and/or items before moving on to new content))

Second of all, what's in this update?
3 new prey-only scenes, 1 new pred only scene, and 1 heavily branching 'encounter' style scene like the ones already in the game. There's also been minor tweaks and fixes to old content, but nothing huge. A couple of the new scenes involve (light, soft) cooking, too... it's not something I've ever had the chance to write before, so I really hope people who are into cooking can enjoy it!

I unfortunately won't have my game-work computer with me over the summer, so starting very soon, I'll be unable to work on ToA at all for a few months. If anybody finds a bug or some other weirdness in the current version, please post it ASAP as I only have another day or two to be able to fix it!

There's still a lot more content planned for the city, as is obvious when you get to it in-game. The framework for the town is basically complete, and there are multiple buildings that basically exist entirely as easy locations to add more vore scenes in the future~

As always, feedback is appreciated and I hope people enjoy the game :D
Last edited by RediQ on Fri May 11, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RediQ
Participator

Re: Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE 2018

Postby RediQ » Fri May 11, 2018 3:30 am

...Also, I'll do what I can do avoid keeping people waiting literally almost three years for an update next time :p
RediQ
Participator

Postby nnnddt » Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 am

So sad... i loved to wait ;p
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Farfanuggen » Fri May 11, 2018 5:09 am

Just wonderin'.

Is there any way to beat the town guard mini giantess in game yet? I've got to level 100 and still can't.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Achenar » Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 am

Bug report - neither of Mika's vore events seem to be working. Instead of her starting to eat the character, the game suddenly reroutes into the "explore Delica City" text. Also, trying to go to either the tavern or the inn loops the "renovations" text a few times and then reroutes you back to the Gourmet Cafe.
Achenar
Participator

Postby NovaDragn » Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 am

Wowa I thought this was a joke lol Welcome back^_^
NovaDragn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Starstorm » Fri May 11, 2018 7:52 am

Sees new update, smashes download button
Starstorm
New to the forum

Postby Archangel64 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:35 am

Hooooly shit welcome back and yeaaah new content, time to rape the download button
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RediQ » Fri May 11, 2018 8:47 am

Farfanuggen wrote:Just wonderin'.

Is there any way to beat the town guard mini giantess in game yet? I've got to level 100 and still can't.

Nope! Can't be done :p There is a slightly separate text for if you fight her at a lower level or higher level, but she wins either way.
Same for the bandit girl, if you get the chance to fight her - the item that lets you beat her in a fight isn't in the game yet.

Achenar wrote:Bug report - neither of Mika's vore events seem to be working. Instead of her starting to eat the character, the game suddenly reroutes into the "explore Delica City" text. Also, trying to go to either the tavern or the inn loops the "renovations" text a few times and then reroutes you back to the Gourmet Cafe.

Thanks. I took a look and the fix for the Inn/Tavern was easy (they weren't ending with going back to the town square), but I can't seem to recreate the issue with Mika at all and don't see anything in the script that should be causing it to happen.

For Mika, was it happening during the first time you meet her, or when you run into her as a random encounter on the bridge? I took a look at both and made sure nothing was out of the ordinary as well as I could. If it keeps happening to you or others, I'll try again, but that bit has been proofread and tested by more than just me and it flat out shouldn't be doing that, so maybe there was just a corruption issue somewhere in the export/compression/download/unpacking process...

Edit: Hm, actually, I CAN recreate it in the exported version but not in the testing tool. This is a weird one, I'll have to poke around and see why Novelty is breaking on this particular thing. Hopefully it isn't, like, failing to export properly from the size of the game or something.

Edit2: Nevermind! Caught it and fixed it, just a dumb error on my end - the willing/unwilling events were calling the same check as the captain's introduction to see whether you've met her or not, and were cancelling out of the event since you had. Full bugfix for both of these should be uploaded now! ^.^

Try downloading this version
Mega: https://mega.nz/#!rrJkHQBT!p2r44q-FZohC ... zrGNtENHBQ
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkeo300tbr5sz ... 3.rar?dl=0

Updating the main download links with these as well. (Edit note: Version 3.1 is out, these links are old but contain most of the same fixes.)
Last edited by RediQ on Fri May 11, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RediQ
Participator

Postby RediQ » Fri May 11, 2018 9:16 am

Okay, just to clarify since I edited that last post a bunch:

Two big bugs now fixed! (and one small one that wasn't reported!) I updated the files and links instead of making a new version number, so anybody who already downloaded one before now should grab the newer copy instead.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am

The gourmet cafe definitely piqued my interest but...
I'm sad the "Willing" options weren't implemented yet.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Circle0Trick » Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 am

You have my sugary sweet and sincere gratitude for continuing this.
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby SeemsEdibleToMe » Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks so much for the update, it's great to see you back at it.

Two bugs I noticed. The smaller of the two girls you have the option to eat at the riverbank (if you stick with Sarah) doesn't have a working sprite, instead I get a white square.
The second bug is that if you talk to the Guard Captain girl in the city and you follow "How are you so big" with "you can eat me if you want to", it takes you to a scene where you are exploring the city streets instead. Probably the same issue as this v v v
Achenar wrote:Bug report - neither of Mika's vore events seem to be working. Instead of her starting to eat the character, the game suddenly reroutes into the "explore Delica City" text. Also, trying to go to either the tavern or the inn loops the "renovations" text a few times and then reroutes you back to the Gourmet Cafe.

Other than that you did some great work here. I'm almost exclusively a pred player in these type of games, but the writing in yours makes it one of the (very) few games where I look forward to being on the receiving end just as much :D
SeemsEdibleToMe
Been posting for a bit

Postby RediQ » Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:The gourmet cafe definitely piqued my interest but...
I'm sad the "Willing" options weren't implemented yet.

Yeah, that's one of the first things I'll add once I can work on it again.

SeemsEdibleToMe wrote:Thanks so much for the update, it's great to see you back at it.

Two bugs I noticed.

The one with the guard captain should be fixed now, check the new download links and try it again with an updated version.

The riverbank issue is... weird. Because it means that sprite got updated when I worked on it but somehow didn't save correctly as a game asset. Whatever, though, it's (hopefully) fixed now.

Also thanks a ton! I'm glad to hear you like it so much :-D
Last edited by RediQ on Fri May 11, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RediQ
Participator

Postby RediQ » Fri May 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Just to avoid confusion for myself and others, I decided to actually make a new version 3.1 with all the bug fixes so far today. Download this one now instead!

GAME DOWNLOAD
Download from MEGA - https://mega.nz/#!T6Qz3BgK!wRuknFHnEfAILldJgdfV6PdxIm0_X7WY7umzDqqup_8 (let me know ASAP if this link stops working)
Alt Download from Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxz9lg0k2gvanby/ToA_Demo3.1.rar?dl=0
Current Version: "Demo3.1" (May 11, 2018)

Changes:
-Guard captain vore scene misdirection should be fixed.
-Minor bugfix to the intro of Gourmet Cafe.
-The prey swimmer in Sarah's hunting scene should have a working character sprite now.

The current links to Version 3 should also contain all those changes besides the swimmer sprite, but it's better and easier for everyone if I just be clear that there's a new download now.

As always, lemmie know if anything still goes wrong!
RediQ
Participator

Postby forumlurker » Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

By the way, I managed to eat the bandit. I'm sure it was intended as well. Just use the anti shrinking potion, then eat her.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Achenar » Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

forumlurker wrote:By the way, I managed to eat the bandit. I'm sure it was intended as well. Just use the anti shrinking potion, then eat her.

Eyup, did so as well. Oddly enough, I then encountered her again after trying to leave the city.
Achenar
Participator

Postby SeemsEdibleToMe » Fri May 11, 2018 2:37 pm

RediQ wrote:Whatever, though, it's (hopefully) fixed now.

Yup, it's all working perfectly now. Thanks for the fixes! If there is one thing to say about the new location it's that it is booming with potential. I was a tad disheartened to find out that the orange-haired hostess is a luxury service professional instead of belly fodder, but you never know - I'll be farming some gold anyway just in case there might be a chance to coax her into providing some "luxury service" to your belly after her shift ends or something :wink:
Same goes for the pink merchant lady. I mean, you never know when the same daily slur gets to you right? Might as well go for a change of pace and let yourself be convinced to go exploring with a certain adventurer after she finishes her business in town.. :gulp: It's quite the place to be so I'm sure they'll find a replacement for her in no-time.

All that said, looking forward to the next update!
SeemsEdibleToMe
Been posting for a bit

Postby RealZikik » Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Holy shit. An update. O_O
RealZikik
Participator

Postby Tsubasa17 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Sees new download button, smashes update
Tsubasa17
Somewhat familiar

Location: Somewhere to the west and somewhere to the east. Not north, I'm a Southerner.

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game