Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM

Postby Nouvi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 am

NaviDragoness wrote:Is there any way to make and code your own Pred Furniture in the files? Or is suggestions the only way to go~?

Coding your own is perfectly possible, and anywhere from quite simple to more complex depending on what type you want to make. Biggest thing is probably making the actual sprites, really.

For static spo, you'd just need to make a few sprites, then you can pretty much make a copy of an existing spo and just rename the relevant object/recipe files and names in files to match your creation.
Animated spo would of course need some more work in addition to the above, generally much more sprites and setting up the animation sequences. A bit of work, of course, but analyzing/making use of the existing files shouldn't make it too big of a challenge.

If you want to give it a go, and/or want to have a bit more detailed help with it, I'm sure someone would be happy to do so over at http://ssvm.forumotion.com/
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Sheights » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Give me the sprites and I'll code it myself... Probably. I know I've been bad about that...
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThisGuy127 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 pm

[18:47:51.385] [Error] Could not load image asset '/projectiles/vore/npcprey/npcvore.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/projectiles/vore/npcprey/npcvore.png'
[18:47:51.398] [Error] Could not load image asset '/projectiles/vore/npcprey/npcvore.png:1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/projectiles/vore/npcprey/npcvore.png' while resolving image frame '/projectiles/vore/npcprey/npcvore.png:1'

Seems like there's a small hiccup in the projectiles file, when eating a prey tenant, I noticed that this error pops up. It's not fatal, but it seems that the PNG was renamed to 'npcprey' like the parent folder, instead of npcvore.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vinderex » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:16 am

Don't think this has been mentioned before, but there seems to be a bug where an NPC who's been eaten by another NPC will sometimes permanently remain invisible even long after the pred NPC has finished with them. Can't say for sure, but my best guess is that for some reason the "eaten" status effect isn't being removed when it should be. But yeah. :P Would anyone happen to know of a way to fix affected NPCs? Like is there a mod anyone knows of that clears statuses on NPCs, or some other way to manually remove it without having to kill said NPC?
Vinderex
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Laying atop my treasure hoard while consuming evil dragonslayers.

Postby Maiesen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Vinderex wrote:Don't think this has been mentioned before, but there seems to be a bug where an NPC who's been eaten by another NPC will sometimes permanently remain invisible even long after the pred NPC has finished with them. Can't say for sure, but my best guess is that for some reason the "eaten" status effect isn't being removed when it should be. But yeah. :P Would anyone happen to know of a way to fix affected NPCs? Like is there a mod anyone knows of that clears statuses on NPCs, or some other way to manually remove it without having to kill said NPC?

This happens to me when I teleport away while the preys are still inside the preds. I did some investigation and came up with a fix.
0)Make backup.
1)Open up this file in any text editor of your choice 'stats/effects/npcvore/npcvore.lua'
2)Insert this code inside the update(dt) function.
Code: Select all
if entity.id() == pred then
   status.clearPersistentEffects("vore")
   effect.expire()
   do return end
end

3)Should look like this when you are done:
function update(dt)
if world.entityExists( pred ) then
   vector = world.entityPosition( pred )
else
  -- sb.logInfo("exited via pred missing")
   effect.expire()
   do return end
end

effect.expire()
   do return end
end

...other code here...
end

4(optional) Since this only changed the script for non-digest NPCs. To do the same for the digestion counterparts , go to stats/effects/npcdigestvore/npcdigestvore.lua and repeat the process.

I've done this and I haven't yet seen invisible NPCs but your mileage may vary.

But if you are looking for a temporary solution then you can use 'alt' key to reveal the invisible NPC location. Place your cursor over them and with admin turned on, type in this command (without quotes): "/entityeval status.clearAllPersistentEffects()". This should clear the status effect and make them normal again.
Maiesen
New to the forum

Postby Kirah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:07 am

Maiesen wrote:
   effect.expire()
   do return end
end

Why the "do return end" line? That seems like it wouldn't do anything.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Maiesen » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:13 am

Kirah wrote:
Maiesen wrote:
   effect.expire()
   do return end
end

Why the "do return end" line? That seems like it wouldn't do anything.

Yeah, it probably won't do anything. I just followed what was already written. I don't really know why it has been written like that to be honest.
Maiesen
New to the forum

Postby vernam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 am

This is getting me worried. At the moment I'm bumping this up This thread was on a line between page 2 and 3. Although the forum link sheights provided has some activity, ETA of actual update of this mod is not clear with little to no way for anyone to guess how far it progressed and how will it look. Hoping there will be a news in near future..

P.s) just a sneak peak will be fine even though it is not an official ETA news or something :9
vernam
Been posting for a bit

Postby seth270 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:29 am

just gotta be patient Sheights is working on this mod mostly on his own and working on the VSO's sooo maybe like last time we can possibly expect release on Christmas like the last update.
seth270
Participator

Postby Darian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Okay, I'm trying to do Maisen's Edit for the invisible NPCs.... I'm using WORDPAD as my text editor.

Should I add in the tabs and such, because the text doesn't match up with the rest of the code. Like, the addition hasn't been indented. Should I fix that?

Never coded before, so sorry if this seems silly.
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Darian wrote:Okay, I'm trying to do Maisen's Edit for the invisible NPCs.... I'm using WORDPAD as my text editor.

Should I add in the tabs and such, because the text doesn't match up with the rest of the code. Like, the addition hasn't been indented. Should I fix that?

Never coded before, so sorry if this seems silly.

Well, for one, I highly, HIGHLY recommend gettin' Notepad++ instead. It's meant for code stuff.

And I think the indentations aren't needed, but they're still useful for organizin'. I'd use spaces instead of tabs.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonlord » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 am

Okay I've had a persistant problem on my main machine where when I try to teleport into the store I just get booted back to the ship. Does anyone know either A) A fix or B) the spawn codes form the various tags and holoshop so I can still experience this mod?
Dragonlord
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 am

Dragonlord wrote:Okay I've had a persistant problem on my main machine where when I try to teleport into the store I just get booted back to the ship. Does anyone know either A) A fix or B) the spawn codes form the various tags and holoshop so I can still experience this mod?

Sounds like a corrupted instance file/world file. Best way to deal with this would be to delete the shop world and then place a new clean version of the file into the game data.
The game should even reload the foodhall on its own when it got deleted. So try this: Go to your steam folder, there into \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage\universe.
Then you locate and remove the "unique-foodhall.world" file. Make sure to store it somewhere else as backup first. The go back into the game and teleport to the foodhall with your teleporter again. The game then should reload the foodhall from the mod again and it should work again.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonlord » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:13 am

That seems to have done it, thank you.
Dragonlord
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 am

It happens sometimes that the mod corrupts a planet or instance, so it's always a good idea to keep backups of your universe somewhere around to make sure you can restore your stuff, just in case.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:06 am

What am I doing wrong?

I made a tower full of rooms. I put the Vore badges in the the tower, I thow in the colony deed. And now I have a sky scraper full of normal people. Not just a few like 80. Way more people then there are rooms and beds.

I made an off shoot building. One room. Made out of Ice, filled with furniture whos schematics I bought from the two guys at the Vore mall. There's an Ice bed, table, chair, Ice machine,two ice chests, even the windows are made of ice. It's got it's own colony deed, and there is just a normal dickhead living in it. Every vore badge is in that one room and its just a normal person.

And NONE of these losers are giving me tokens. All I get for rent is at best 200 pixels from the main tower, and the Igloo each.

Everyone says they don't want to be eaten. Everyone references that apparantly someone is going around eating people, but the number of Jerks just keeps growing. I cant even get in and out the doors because there are so many people they are opening and closing doors trying to get in and out at light speed. I have to bust a hole in the wall when I want to leave.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:41 am

Anesthetic wrote:What am I doing wrong?

I made a tower full of rooms. I put the Vore badges in the the tower, I thow in the colony deed. And now I have a sky scraper full of normal people. Not just a few like 80. Way more people then there are rooms and beds.

I made an off shoot building. One room. Made out of Ice, filled with furniture whos schematics I bought from the two guys at the Vore mall. There's an Ice bed, table, chair, Ice machine,two ice chests, even the windows are made of ice. It's got it's own colony deed, and there is just a normal dickhead living in it. Every vore badge is in that one room and its just a normal person.

And NONE of these losers are giving me tokens. All I get for rent is at best 200 pixels from the main tower, and the Igloo each.

Everyone says they don't want to be eaten. Everyone references that apparantly someone is going around eating people, but the number of Jerks just keeps growing. I cant even get in and out the doors because there are so many people they are opening and closing doors trying to get in and out at light speed. I have to bust a hole in the wall when I want to leave.

Get a screenshot of the rooms you're tryin' ta get vore tenants in.

Also, don't use any vore furniture other than the badges before the tenant spawns in.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:07 am

A little good news, I figured out how to kill off TONS of my residents. Just left a bunch of Hungry furnature around, and waited a day and night.

Thus drastically reduced jerk count in the pictures.

Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:34 am

Right, so, I'm already seein' big problems in the first, third, and fourth pics.

1. The first one? With the ice room? You've got *all* the badges, and thus that human there? They're a digesty prey.

The game looks at all the tags from all the furniture in a room, then picks the highest priority tenant that fits the available tags. Digesty prey have the highest priority, and endo prey have the second highest, and since ya have both a digest and a prey tag in that room (the D and P badges), ya got a digesty prey.

Take out all the badges except for the V one, and ya should get an ice slime pred. Or take out all the badges except for the D one and ya should get a digesty ice slime pred.

2. The second one, the small room with the C and D tags... I'm not sure about that one. It should work in that you should be gettin' a digesty CV fox or cat or wolf, so I dunno.

3. The third one, yeah. The P prey badge overrides the V badge. So that room will get you a prey.

4. Hoo boy. Here's the big thing wrong here... Platforms do not count as solid barriers for the tenant thing. So that entire chunk on the right there? All of that is gettin' counted for tags by the deed there. And with that P badge, that means that deed's gonna spawn a prey tenant. (Should only be spawnin' a single one, dunno why ya got so many...)

And that chunk on the left is gonna get you a digesty prey.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:47 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:Right, so, I'm already seein' big problems in the first, third, and fourth pics.

1. The first one? With the ice room? You've got *all* the badges, and thus that human there? They're a digesty prey.

The game looks at all the tags from all the furniture in a room, then picks the highest priority tenant that fits the available tags. Digesty prey have the highest priority, and endo prey have the second highest, and since ya have both a digest and a prey tag in that room (the D and P badges), ya got a digesty prey.

Take out all the badges except for the V one, and ya should get an ice slime pred. Or take out all the badges except for the D one and ya should get a digesty ice slime pred.

2. The second one, the small room with the C and D tags... I'm not sure about that one. It should work in that you should be gettin' a digesty CV fox or cat or wolf, so I dunno.

3. The third one, yeah. The P prey badge overrides the V badge. So that room will get you a prey.

4. Hoo boy. Here's the big thing wrong here... Platforms do not count as solid barriers for the tenant thing. So that entire chunk on the right there? All of that is gettin'
counted for tags by the deed there. And with that P badge, that means that deed's gonna spawn a prey tenant. (Should only be spawnin' a single one, dunno why ya got so many...)

And that chunk on the left is gonna get you a digesty prey.

Like I said, what was I doin wrong.

Now I know.

I figured with the tags everywhere, it would spawn a Random Vore character, not that they would override the others.

Thanks.

So how do I get the tokens? Because I've yet to recieve even one.

Lastly do I need a compact deed for each character? Cause now that I've got it set up the way it needs to be, I'm still not getting any vore characters.

Edit: So Is this a known bug? I'm using compact deeds to spawn in characters, how ever I'm trying to spawn a UB Digest character, and am getting female character models with male names and voices.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game