Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM

Postby zim6565 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:11 pm

How do I use the pills?
zim6565
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Just curious how is development of this mod going?
And who is the Developer?
Younger99
Participator

Postby Heartlessdragoon » Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm

You need the SPOV Enhancer to use pills. Once you place it down, interact with it and it will show any compatible SPOVs you are carrying. Select the SPOV you want to edit in its window, click and drag your pill of choice into the pill silhouette under the SPOV select window, and finally click enhance. Note that some pills will cancel out one another(Soft digest will delete itself if you add digest and vice-versa)

As for the Raptor, if you mean the Raptorsuit, it needs a Recipe file for it to be used. Though I'd highly suggest not doing so if your planning on using it in normal game play as its currently just a proof of concept item. It works, just not fully sprited yet.

And to Younger99, Shieghts is the developer of the mod.
Heartlessdragoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 pm

Heartlessdragoon wrote:You need the SPOV Enhancer to use pills. Once you place it down, interact with it and it will show any compatible SPOVs you are carrying. Select the SPOV you want to edit in its window, click and drag your pill of choice into the pill silhouette under the SPOV select window, and finally click enhance. Note that some pills will cancel out one another(Soft digest will delete itself if you add digest and vice-versa)

As for the Raptor, if you mean the Raptorsuit, it needs a Recipe file for it to be used. Though I'd highly suggest not doing so if your planning on using it in normal game play as its currently just a proof of concept item. It works, just not fully sprited yet.

And to Younger99, Shieghts is the developer of the mod.

Thanks for clarifying that mate.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon May 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Heartlessdragoon wrote:
Darian wrote:
Heartlessdragoon wrote:FOUND IT FOUND IT!!!!! sorry..... Inside of player.config.patch just delete the last line of code. The one that says
,{
"op": "add",
"path": "/genericScriptContexts",
"value": { "player_vorevso" : "/scripts/player/player_vorevso.lua" }
}

The reason it was happening was because the game was trying to run an empty update function on the player.

So, I'm trying a frakin universe run, and I wanna know where I should go to find the Player.config.patch, in case I need to do this. Missing out on bounties seems like a big deal.

It's the one in the StarboundSimpleVoreModVSO folder.

Okay, so, I opened the file in notepad. Does that include the brackets and the comma? And will editing it via Notepad work?
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue May 12, 2020 12:32 am

zim6565 wrote:What about the spov's, like the raptor?

There's SPOs, stationary pred objects, the original part of the mod... those are basically "furniture" preds!

Then there's the more recent additions, special scripted objects that can be placed like furniture, but are even more interactable, some can even move! They can also be combined with certain "pills" at a unique station you'll have to buy, which adds more effects, like making them easier or harder to escape, making them heal or digest, etc.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Heartlessdragoon » Tue May 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Okay, so, I opened the file in notepad. Does that include the brackets and the comma? And will editing it via Notepad work?

Yes. from , to } that is all you'll need to remove from your file.

Edit: crud I mean second to last bracket. DON'T delete the first } you see alright?

Edit2: I just gonna confuse someone so I'll just try a little better to explain. All you have to delete is that same exact line I showed.
Heartlessdragoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby wown00b » Wed May 20, 2020 4:16 am

So I've said this issue on the official GitHub but I didn't really get much help there

I'm having issues with the NPC's not randomly eating me, making it so that I have to request it. I don't mind it when it's a pred that can hold 1-2 prey, but if it is one with 3+ then I can't interact with them without interacting with the NPCs that are already eaten. I'm not sure if it is a workshop mod that is doing this, but I'll post my list at the end of this reply just in case.
The weird thing is that when I first downloaded the mod, it was working fine, as soon as I summoned the fox tenant it would eat me, but I don't know which version it was.
Another thing is that if an NPC is close to my teleporter while I teleport into my world it'll eat me no problem, as well as releasing me when the time is up. I don't why it doesn't eat me after I'm already loaded in.

THINGS I'VE DONE:
Spoiler: show

• Checked the playerChance variable (though it was already on 1 when I checked.)
  • Reinstalled the mod
  • Reverified my game files
  • Used versions 8.6 - 9.5+
  • Unsubbed my workshop mods to only 2 mods
  • Deleted my storage folder (I backed them up though)

At this point I don't know what else I can do. I've tried going through the mod files and interpreting them with no luck at all cause any value I change either breaks the mod, or do nothing at all. Help would be appreciated

Anyway these are the only mods I have running other than SSVM
Optional Erchius Mining Facility Quest
Xbawks Character Extender

EDIT: Nevermind, 10 minutes after making this post, I started up Starbound (32 bit) instead of the regular starbound and that ended up fixing it for the regular starbound version. I might have wasted almost a month trying to understand the code but at least it's fixed now... .-.
wown00b
New to the forum

Postby GrinningSinning » Tue May 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Hello, everyone! Sorry to bother, but I've been working on a few tenant npcs for a sort of add-on mod. Nothing fancy, of course, but I like 'em. What I did was just sort of copy/paste another template as a base, and replaced as many instances of their name I could find in the code with my new npcs. I know that's lazy coding, but I'm kinda bad at it. Anywho, that brings me to the problem. I'm poking around in the npctype files, and there's a section of code for the types of dialogue, but I can't find where exactly it's pointing to. Here's the code:
Spoiler: show

"dialog" : {
"tenant" : {
"grumbles" : {
"tagCriteria" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:tagCriteria",
"enclosedArea" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:enclosedArea",
"otherDeed" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:otherDeed",
"severe" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:severe",
"final" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:final"
},
"arrivedHome" : {
"beacon" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:beacon",
"rent" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:rent"
}
},

"converse" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:converse",
"accuse" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:accuse",

"attack" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:attack",
"reattack" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:reattack",
"killedTarget" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:killedTarget",
"lostTarget" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:lostTarget",
"outOfSight" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:outOfSight",
"cheerOn" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:cheerOn",
"cantReach" : "/dialog/fenerox.config:cantReach"
}
},

Short version of my question: Where is "/dialog/fenerox.config:cheerOn", for example, coming from? I took a peek at the "dialogue" folder in the mod, but the only thin g in there was dialogue relating to the new races. Anywho, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate if someone can fill me in. Thanks for your time.
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue May 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Zackatack98 wrote:Short version of my question: Where is "/dialog/fenerox.config:cheerOn", for example, coming from? I took a peek at the "dialogue" folder in the mod, but the only thin g in there was dialogue relating to the new races. Anywho, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate if someone can fill me in. Thanks for your time.

The stuff you're looking for is in the vanilla Starbound files! You should be able ta find a guide on how ta unpack the vanilla Starbound assets over on the Starbound site.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GrinningSinning » Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Ah, thank you! Really appreciate the help. I guess I just forgot that fenerox is a vanilla starbound species. Well, after poking around a bit more, I can say that the first npc is nearly complete. If all goes well, should be finished either tonight or tomorrow. Ah, speaking of, should I just upload it to a separate topic, or...? I'm not looking to get this in the main mod, so I'm not sure if I'd put it under submissions on the forum. Thank you again!

Minor Edit, if anyone is interested: I significantly underestimated how much work it was going to be to actually add the things I've wanted to. More specifically, I've been creating a sort of Frankenstein's monster of code from both Rake's and Victor's code, but for one reason or another, when the prey actually dies, it doesn't immediately kill them. Anyway, I'll need to poke around a bit more, so the release date is TBA.
Last edited by GrinningSinning on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Postby Dras » Sat May 30, 2020 5:07 am

Out of curiosity does anyone have Emshifters spo batches I cant find either and its says the files are in their trashcan anyone know why they deleted them?
Also if anyone has the files could you send them to me?
Full time lurker here, my visits are few and far apart
Dras
New to the forum

Postby Younger99 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:29 pm

Dras wrote:Out of curiosity does anyone have Emshifters spo batches I cant find either and its says the files are in their trashcan anyone know why they deleted them?

To answer your first question I'm not aware of why they deleted their work as for your second question I happen to have the files on hand still even put them on Onedrive if necessary.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Dras » Sat May 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Younger99 wrote:
Dras wrote:Out of curiosity does anyone have Emshifters spo batches I cant find either and its says the files are in their trashcan anyone know why they deleted them?

To answer your first question I'm not aware of why they deleted their work as for your second question I happen to have the files on hand still even put them on Onedrive if necessary.

Can you send me the link please I cant find them anywhere.
Also I've never used onedrive not sure if that's a problem or not
Full time lurker here, my visits are few and far apart
Dras
New to the forum

Postby Younger99 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Dras wrote:
Younger99 wrote:

Can you send me the link please I cant find them anywhere.
Also I've never used onedrive not sure if that's a problem or not

Sure thing give me some time. I'll send you a link via pms
Younger99
Participator

Postby Jon111 » Sun May 31, 2020 5:25 pm

Does anyone have any Addons for this mod that are not easy to find or deleted?
Jon111
New to the forum

Postby ooglethorpe5 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:36 am

I second the search for more addons.
ooglethorpe5
Been posting for a bit

Postby ZoneScout789 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but what I've read in the documentation has confused me. Is there no vehicle that is essentially a wearable belly? I know that art assets for bulging bellies exist in the vorebound assets. I know that it is possible to have objects/weapons/(and I think vehicles?) in Starbound take on the colors of their wielder/wearer. (I have at least seen a Novakid blade take on colors including ones that require mods to get a novakid that color, like dark). I know that vehicles can have a pilot who does everything and a co-pilot that does not much of anything besides go along for the ride, like the standard hoverbike. What I have not found is a..I guess driveable belly that the player pred wears and the prey "co-pilots" by being in the belly. Does such a thing not exist?
Watching, listening, observing. Doing these things is what makes a scout a scout. And yet they lead to becoming something more than just a scout.
ZoneScout789
Been posting for a bit

Postby ImaginaryZ » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:29 am

@ZoneScout789 yes there is, but it is not finished yet. its in the code at the moment so you'd have to download the master from git. https://github.com/Sheights/StarboundSi ... o/dinosuit

There are significant problems, but I've managed to conquer most of them. A few still remain. Major discoveries were how to make vehicles move exactly like NPCS/players; and how to emulate most of the players actions. Still problems with interacting in the right direction, the highlighting and some other dialog issues but it mostly works. But, you can run around as a raptor, and eat people and somewhat monsters, and play with your prey and they can wiggle. Thats pretty important I would say. You can also open doors, talk to npcs somewhat, and interact with most anything

I'm not working on it at the moment though; Would need some encouragement to do so.
I hope you all are well during this mess.
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Alukawolf1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:27 pm

So I have been putting the mod into the correct folder and such, but whenever I try to launch the game it just immediately closes right after or just before the chuckle fish logo finishes, I also made sure to uninstall all other mods including ones from steam see if it was conflicting it but it appears to still crash the game immediately after launching it.

I'm not sure what to do or how to fix it.
Alukawolf1
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game