Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM, Version Rub.4 | Rub them preds!

Postby Lucca_Manadragon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 pm

do you have to have Argo's mod installed as well?
"By the will of mana, I shall protect the meek and helpless" ~Lucca
Lucca_Manadragon
Participator

Postby PerfectDark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Lucca_Manadragon wrote:do you have to have Argo's mod installed as well?

The mod has the preds from Argo's mod included, unless you are talking about one of Argo's other mods (if there even is any?)
PerfectDark
Somewhat familiar

Postby xsallyxacornxx » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

I can't get these Mechs to work I downloaded the Mech Mod from the Link but all I get is a File Named mod_xsmech.modpak which it does add mechs in the games but not the vore ones I tried combining them now all I get is a Crash to Desktop upon loading my file now what am i missing?
xsallyxacornxx
Been posting for a bit

Postby ekadragon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:18 pm

So I have a question, will these eventually animate to show different vore types and have appropriate messages for them? I do like the idea of the mod so far and I'm curious.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby xsallyxacornxx » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Ok now I can't load my File at all I deleted the Combined Folder that was causing the CTD and readded the Normal Mech Mod but now it constantly crashes to desktop
xsallyxacornxx
Been posting for a bit

Postby treebuddy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:32 pm

xsallyxacornxx wrote:I can't get these Mechs to work I downloaded the Mech Mod from the Link but all I get is a File Named mod_xsmech.modpak which it does add mechs in the games but not the vore ones I tried combining them now all I get is a Crash to Desktop upon loading my file now what am i missing?

did you extract the mod_xsmech.modpack into a doc file ? any way i will put a tutoriel below you just have to follow instruction with the needed extraction file that i will give.

if it dosent work pm me ^v^

the sfx pack in my mecha mod are sound file that u should put in sfx of the mech mod 'NOT in MECHSIGMA but in the SFX of the mech mod
Attachments
extraction mech.png
follow wolf.png
wolf in the machine.png
mechextraction doc.zip
(539.25 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
treebuddy
Participator

Postby ArgobargSoup » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:39 pm

I like what ya'll have got goin' here! :D

Sorry fer disappearin' like I did. Was havin' a nasty case of stress feedback goin' on... stressin' out about stuff, stress settin' off my stomach problems, causin' me ta stress more, causin' more problems, etc. So I took a break from everything fer a while. A while that turned out ta be a long one. >_>

Anyways, although I'm not yet up ta gettin' back ta this, I do have somethin' fer whoever's workin' on codin'.

When I wrote the scriptin' that gave the preds idle chats, I used the script fer the Penguin Bay as a reference. However, I recently realized I had read somethin' else in there, and after lookin' back over a bunch of files, I think that by writin' out an .animation file, the mod could support some animations! Like, fer example, wavin' at ya while empty and belly rubbin' when full! IN-POST-EDIT: Hmm, seems you already have somethin' along those lines. I see them .animation files...

Also, fer a general cleanup of my original stuff, you can replace all my different .frames files with a single "default.frames" in the relevant folders. Or, now that I'm lookin' at this custom version (sweet jegus that's a lotta new preds), you could probably put said "default.frames" in the "objects/vore" folder.

If I ever get back ta this, it'll probably be when Starbound has its next stable update. Until then, I'm fully encouragin' that ya peeps continue with this! :D Ya managed ta get it ta actually play sounds where I couldn't, AND ya figured out a way ta tell whether the interactin' player was the one inside or the one outside the pred! Wish I had thought of that implementation. :P
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby pendingdelete20bvf2879 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:10 am

treebuddy wrote:i did a reskin of the wolf mech , now its a fox mech ^v^ ,i make the fox on the elitesigma so you can have both at the same time ,only difference between them is fox have one more swallow frame but its hard to some >3>, hope you enjoy beying happy fox meal .

and i forgot to actualy put the audio into the other doc some they are in to.

A Pred mech, wow, love the idea XD
pendingdelete20bvf2879
Been posting for a bit

Postby pendingdelete20bvf2879 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:04 am

treebuddy wrote:
xsallyxacornxx wrote:I can't get these Mechs to work I downloaded the Mech Mod from the Link but all I get is a File Named mod_xsmech.modpak which it does add mechs in the games but not the vore ones I tried combining them now all I get is a Crash to Desktop upon loading my file now what am i missing?

did you extract the mod_xsmech.modpack into a doc file ? any way i will put a tutoriel below you just have to follow instruction with the needed extraction file that i will give.

if it dosent work pm me ^v^

the sfx pack in my mecha mod are sound file that u should put in sfx of the mech mod 'NOT in MECHSIGMA but in the SFX of the mech mod

What did you use to unpack and, make the edit to this? I have, no skills with this what so ever, could, you perhaps upload an edited version, I'm trying to get this together for a friend of mine.
pendingdelete20bvf2879
Been posting for a bit

Postby doomrider012345 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:06 am

why don't you make a pack with all the work already done? that way ppl can easily use it with only needing to unzip and move it to the mods folder...
(talking about the vore mech mod thing!)
doomrider012345
Been posting for a bit

Postby cakemanisreal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:23 am

Yeah...That would be actually be nice if that was actually done...
I will be planning on making a new modpack exclusively for ATLauncher; GajinCraft! I'll need help on which mods to add to this modpack,through...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zeldazackman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:57 am

Heres the basic mech mod already extracted with the two fox mechs already installed,
Credit to original makers, etc.

https://mega.co.nz/#!KQdBxZgI!xFvqnk3fn ... c2dSqaFVYE
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby treebuddy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:36 pm

thx to zeldazack for the already setted mod , but to awnser the question of cake ,eka's dont let me upload doc that are bigger then 2 000 ko and the mod was 3 600 ko so i will have needed to trow the mod in multiple download that could have still confuse people

oh wait °//n \\° it wasnt the question of cake sorry , it was the question of doomrider °0°
Last edited by treebuddy on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
treebuddy
Participator

Postby cakemanisreal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:39 pm

...Oh. That explains everything...
I will be planning on making a new modpack exclusively for ATLauncher; GajinCraft! I'll need help on which mods to add to this modpack,through...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PerfectDark » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:I like what ya'll have got goin' here! :D

Sorry fer disappearin' like I did. Was havin' a nasty case of stress feedback goin' on... stressin' out about stuff, stress settin' off my stomach problems, causin' me ta stress more, causin' more problems, etc. So I took a break from everything fer a while. A while that turned out ta be a long one. >_>

Anyways, although I'm not yet up ta gettin' back ta this, I do have somethin' fer whoever's workin' on codin'.

When I wrote the scriptin' that gave the preds idle chats, I used the script fer the Penguin Bay as a reference. However, I recently realized I had read somethin' else in there, and after lookin' back over a bunch of files, I think that by writin' out an .animation file, the mod could support some animations! Like, fer example, wavin' at ya while empty and belly rubbin' when full! IN-POST-EDIT: Hmm, seems you already have somethin' along those lines. I see them .animation files...

Also, fer a general cleanup of my original stuff, you can replace all my different .frames files with a single "default.frames" in the relevant folders. Or, now that I'm lookin' at this custom version (sweet jegus that's a lotta new preds), you could probably put said "default.frames" in the "objects/vore" folder.

If I ever get back ta this, it'll probably be when Starbound has its next stable update. Until then, I'm fully encouragin' that ya peeps continue with this! :D Ya managed ta get it ta actually play sounds where I couldn't, AND ya figured out a way ta tell whether the interactin' player was the one inside or the one outside the pred! Wish I had thought of that implementation. :P

If you want to, we could probably work together if/when you're feeling better and up for it. I'm not much of a coder, but i do my best (and my current university has to do with coding and game programming so yay). Also, going to look into the default frames situation. I'w wanted to do that with a few other things, like the basic lines for each pred, rather than having to write it manually, but i am afraid of ruining alot of work just to save some.

Else, animation has been a thing on my mind, but we'd have to work close with the spriters, as at least i know nothing about that. I'd also have to figure out how to really get animations up and running too, yaaay.

Also the interaction came to me when i heared about how the game couldn't differenciate between who used the pred. With a bit of help from the starbound community i found out how to get the ID of the person inside the pred, might be useful for other things.

But, as i said. Would love to work with you if you want to come back to it. Sure we could come up with alot of cool stuff :o
PerfectDark
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm

PerfectDark wrote:
If you want to, we could probably work together if/when you're feeling better and up for it. I'm not much of a coder, but i do my best (and my current university has to do with coding and game programming so yay). Also, going to look into the default frames situation. I'w wanted to do that with a few other things, like the basic lines for each pred, rather than having to write it manually, but i am afraid of ruining alot of work just to save some.

Else, animation has been a thing on my mind, but we'd have to work close with the spriters, as at least i know nothing about that. I'd also have to figure out how to really get animations up and running too, yaaay.

Also the interaction came to me when i heared about how the game couldn't differenciate between who used the pred. With a bit of help from the starbound community i found out how to get the ID of the person inside the pred, might be useful for other things.

But, as i said. Would love to work with you if you want to come back to it. Sure we could come up with alot of cool stuff :o

Well, at the moment, lookin' at this Rub.4 version, a default.frames file wouldn't make much of a difference. :P Nearly everything's got its own frames file at the moment, it's just the fact that since they're all the same, a single default would work fer all of them. (And then if a pred had a custom size, you'd just give it a frames file of its own in its folder.) I don't think you can do default line stuff, though.

Anyways. Don't take this as official stuff, I'm not testin' it at the moment, but I am extrapolatin' from what I'm seein' in the games files. This is all assumin' we're animatin' one of my preds, with an 8 frame "empty" animation and an 8 frame "full" animation.

First off, you'd need an image fer it, which, if we're usin' mine, would be an 8 x 2 grid of 32 x 40 sprites, about 256 pixels wide and 80 pixels tall. Top row would be the empty stuff, bottom row would be the full stuff.

Second, you'd need ta define the two states in the animation file and the frames file. Ya already got it ta define a pred state, so I'm thinkin' that in this example, you'd use an animation file like this...
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
{
  "animatedParts" : {
    "stateTypes" : {
      "pred" : {
        "default" : "empty",
        "states" : {
          "empty" : {
          "frames" : 8,
            "cycle" : 0.5,
            "mode" : "loop"
          },
          "full" : {
          "frames" : 8,
            "cycle" : 0.5,
            "mode" : "loop"
          }
        }
      }
    },

"parts" : {
        "properties" : {
          "centered" : false
        },
        "partStates" : {
            "empty" :{
              "image" : "<partImage>:<color>.<frame>"
              }
            },
            "full" :{
              "image" : "<partImage>:<color>.<frame>"
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

And a frames file like this...
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
{

"frameGrid" : {
    "size" : [32, 40],
    "dimensions" : [8, 2],
    "names" : [
      [ "empty.1", "empty.2", "empty.3", "empty.4", "empty.5", "empty.6", "empty.7", "empty.8" ],
      [ "full.1", "full.2", "full.3", "full.4", "full.5", "full.6", "full.7", "full.8" ]
    ]
  },

"aliases" : {
    "default.default" : "empty.1"
  }
}

And then ya'd just need ta add somethin' ta the script's update function ta call the two animation states. (Maybe a copied and modified vorechatscript.lua, a "vorechatanimscript.lua" so you wouldn't need ta immediately update every pred who's only got the one frame...)

Like I said earlier, this is mostly just guesswork from lookin' over existin' files, like the lua fer switches, and the animation files fer stuff like the Penguin Bay and stuff usin' the switch code. I'm not sure if it works, or how Starbound would react to the stuff I just wrote. probably something along the lines of "oh god what kinda shitty json are ya tryin' ta get me ta parse" But it would lead ta some advantages. Fer one thing, ya wouldn't need cover images anymore, which is good because ya can't animate cover images. Instead, there'd just be a base image fer each base, with all the frames.

And, with a little more spritin', scriptin', and writin' of animation/frames files, you could probably create digesty preds with bellies that shrink with the player's health...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby treebuddy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:28 pm

<w< i need to follow all those conversation cause if he make it 'it would mean that i need to remake all my pred that i did , ; o ; that mean so much frame '' i cray ebry tyme '' but i would be happy to get more advance pred °u°
treebuddy
Participator

Postby Zade » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:05 am

a Minor warning needs to go with Treebuddy's Vore-Mech, some people might not ever remove that particular mod but it still needs to be said

because the Vore-mech Mod add additional "techs" should the mod ever be removed, any character saved with those techs ever having been used is going to be unusable until the mod is reinstalled

its nothing Treebuddy did, its just the way Starbound works currently, so i think some people oughta know
Zade
Somewhat familiar

Postby doomrider012345 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:53 pm

ah well I was kinda hopin' for the extracted file to be under .zip... cannot really install winrar to open up .rar files...
doomrider012345
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zeldazackman » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:53 pm

doomrider012345 wrote:ah well I was kinda hopin' for the extracted file to be under .zip... cannot really install winrar to open up .rar files...

Here, so everyone is happy.

Again. this mech mod has the two fox mechs already installed,

.rar link
https://mega.co.nz/#!KQdBxZgI!xFvqnk3fn ... c2dSqaFVYE
.zip link
https://mega.co.nz/#!PNF3ADjZ!zFvEqKsr- ... Cyou7DTp70
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game