Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM

Postby Nouvi » Thu May 04, 2017 7:29 am

I'd suggest getting the latest version, 8.5.0, and deleting 8,0,3 as that's old... so old it may be a version incompatability.

Also, ONLY have the main mod folders in the /mods/ directory. Game has a tendency to try loading just about anything it finds, and end up with a lot of garbage messing up the game.
This seem to include zip files and incorrectly placed modinfo files, mind you.
Same with the /assets/ directory - if things keep messing up, consider making a clean reinstall of the game (uninstalling the game, and delete the entirety of the starbound folder before reinstalling), to make sure there's no conflicting files. (just remember to backup saves)

From how the screenshots looked at least, the mod folders in the mods directory are correct, though the extra .modinfo and zip file *may* cause errors. Though the older version is more likely the error cause.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Krieg » Thu May 04, 2017 8:15 am

Nouvi wrote:I'd suggest getting the latest version, 8.5.0, and deleting 8,0,3 as that's old... so old it may be a version incompatability.

Also, ONLY have the main mod folders in the /mods/ directory. Game has a tendency to try loading just about anything it finds, and end up with a lot of garbage messing up the game.
This seem to include zip files and incorrectly placed modinfo files, mind you.
Same with the /assets/ directory - if things keep messing up, consider making a clean reinstall of the game (uninstalling the game, and delete the entirety of the starbound folder before reinstalling), to make sure there's no conflicting files. (just remember to backup saves)

From how the screenshots looked at least, the mod folders in the mods directory are correct, though the extra .modinfo and zip file *may* cause errors. Though the older version is more likely the error cause.

I think it could be that last bit then, of everything being together.

I can't seem to find 8.5 though, I see a few individual sub folders for 8.5 such as 'npcs' etc, is there one with all of them in it?
Krieg
Participator

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 am

Krieg wrote:I think it could be that last bit then, of everything being together.

I can't seem to find 8.5 though, I see a few individual sub folders for 8.5 such as 'npcs' etc, is there one with all of them in it?

Here ya go, latest SSVM.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krieg » Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:
Krieg wrote:I think it could be that last bit then, of everything being together.

Here ya go, latest SSVM.

Thanks! It seems that was the bit I was missing.

Thanks so much for all your time and patience, guys!
Krieg
Participator

Postby Temp1234 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:07 am

Temp1234 wrote:"This mod is great! I've been having a LOT of fun, but there is just one little problem...

Human pred tenants (With Oral and Digestion tags set) who have the flirtatious personality (the folks that follow you around constantly, hearts above their heads, etc) do not have the ability to actually digest me. It would appear I take nill damage, and I would like to change the variable for that so they digest just as much as everyone else.

Any clues on how to get that to happen? :D I'd appreciate it!"

So does anyone know where to change the variable? I just need to find a way to change a specific npc's digestion time or..damage they do, in the vore tenants :)
Temp1234
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArgobargSoup » Mon May 08, 2017 2:41 am

Temp1234 wrote:
Temp1234 wrote:"This mod is great! I've been having a LOT of fun, but there is just one little problem...

Human pred tenants (With Oral and Digestion tags set) who have the flirtatious personality (the folks that follow you around constantly, hearts above their heads, etc) do not have the ability to actually digest me. It would appear I take nill damage, and I would like to change the variable for that so they digest just as much as everyone else.

Any clues on how to get that to happen? :D I'd appreciate it!"

So does anyone know where to change the variable? I just need to find a way to change a specific npc's digestion time or..damage they do, in the vore tenants :)

There's nothin' in the code that would cause a personality ta affect their ability ta digest. Are ya sure they're actually digesty tenants? Can I see the house ya built, with all the original badges ya put in there? The V and D badges aren't actually supposed ta be used together (V is basically the endo badge). Since the priority of the digesty and non-digesty human tenants is the same, if ya have both V and D badges, it'll randomly choose a digesty or non-digesty tenant.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby redfearnmatt » Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

So sorry if I missed something, but is there a command to spawn preds?
redfearnmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby ian66613 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 am

redfearnmatt wrote:So sorry if I missed something, but is there a command to spawn preds?

No. I wish there was. Then I wouldn't have to worry about vore room objects.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Sheights » Tue May 16, 2017 2:27 am

redfearnmatt wrote:So sorry if I missed something, but is there a command to spawn preds?

There is.
What do you want to spawn?
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 am

Why not just tell us the command, potential inputs, and put it on the documentation for the vore room lists/etc.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue May 16, 2017 6:58 am

ian66613 wrote:Why not just tell us the command, potential inputs, and put it on the documentation for the vore room lists/etc.

Starbound comes with a built-in NPC spawning command.

1. Find the .tenant file in SSVM's tenant folders fer the NPC ya want.
2. Find this bit in the file (using the nondigesty alligator as an example):
Code: Select all
  "tenants": [
    {
      "spawn": "npc",
      "species": "hylotl",
      "type": "pred_aligator",
      "overrides": {
        "damageTeamType" : "friendly"
       }
     }
   ],

2a. The important bits are the species and the type. (Some NPCs are just a costume over an invisible dummy species so they can have some different poses or shapes, like Lynn or some of the pokemon, and some require a specific species to look right, like Inklings being based on humans)
3. Ingame, in admin mode, use this command, replacing species and type as neccessary:
/spawnnpc <species> <type> 1

In the alligator's case, the command would be:
/spawnnpc hylotl pred_aligator 1

The number can be any number, it essentially just determines how much health the npc will have.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fevix » Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:

ian66613 wrote:Why not just tell us the command, potential inputs, and put it on the documentation for the vore room lists/etc.

{
       }
     }
   ],

2a. The important bits are the species and the type. (Some NPCs are just a costume over an invisible dummy species so they can have some different poses or shapes, like Lynn or some of the pokemon, and some require a specific species to look right, like Inklings being based on humans)
3. Ingame, in admin mode, use this command, replacing species and type as neccessary:

The number can be any number, it essentially just determines how much health the npc will have.

Number can also be ignored, like
/spawnnpc hylotl pred_aligator
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby redfearnmatt » Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:

{
       }
     }
   ],

What program do I use to open tenant files?
redfearnmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby ehur » Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 am

redfearnmatt wrote:What program do I use to open tenant files?

Notepad works, but the line breaks don't work properly.
Spoiler: show
notepad.png

Notepad++ looks a lot better.
notepadplusplus.png
notepadplusplus.png (32.27 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
ehur
Somewhat familiar

Postby redfearnmatt » Tue May 16, 2017 10:52 am

ehur wrote:
redfearnmatt wrote:What program do I use to open tenant files?

Notepad works, but the line breaks don't work properly.
notepad.png

Notepad++ looks a lot better.
notepadplusplus.png

Ok thanks.
redfearnmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey, I'm streaming. I keep forgetting to post here.

http://www.picarto.tv/sheights

Today we are streaming some more VSO creation, Hibani Villagers, then Avali UB tenants, and who knows what else!

Feel free to drop in and ask questions!
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sheights » Thu May 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Patrons should check Patreon

I sent out a bunch of forms for you guys
no stream tonight I'm very busy.

Oh and just a bit of random news about the next updates...

Expect the Slug and the Worm from Fromage to be in the next update (The fromage version 1+2, not the better sprited version, sorry)

and expect the snake and frog to be able to walk around and stuff. In case you haven't been following anything.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SiennaAthens » Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Sheights wrote:Oh and just a bit of random news about the next updates...

Expect the Slug and the Worm from Fromage to be in the next update (The fromage version 1+2, not the better sprited version, sorry)

and expect the snake and frog to be able to walk around and stuff. In case you haven't been following anything.

Awesome. So excited for this. Love your work <3.
Pocket medic, awaaaaaaay!
SiennaAthens
New to the forum

Postby silverspec » Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 pm

This is a pretty nice mod. Can't believe I didnt see it sooner.

It was fun to play with the various preds, but I gotta say Glaze is my favorite one. Is there a way to get her as a tenant?
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Postby vernam » Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 pm

*rams a bumper car in to this thread* well, it was on a second page, so i'm just trying to make it stay in first page until update comes and people starts populating here again..
vernam
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game