Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM

Postby mmmooo55 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:21 pm

hey, sorry for the late response, i was preoccupied with other things.

ive screenshotted my mods screen, in all honesty, it SHOULD work...? the mod doesent seem to load at all,

starbound mods screen.PNG

also, ive removed the template folder from the list,

i have a feeling that the solutiotion to this will be trivial, and im a little upset that troubleshooting is taking so long, hopefully its helpful to someone else later or something.

also, disguy, congrats on adding more content! i'll look into it after i get the primary mod to work!
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rewired » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:08 pm

mmmooo55 wrote:hey, sorry for the late response, i was preoccupied with other things.

ive screenshotted my mods screen, in all honesty, it SHOULD work...? the mod doesent seem to load at all,

starbound mods screen.PNG

also, ive removed the template folder from the list,

i have a feeling that the solutiotion to this will be trivial, and im a little upset that troubleshooting is taking so long, hopefully its helpful to someone else later or something.

This is a bit left field, and probably one of those "you think I'm an idiot" moments...but have you checked if the mod folder isn't nested inside the folder in the mods folder?
Like this:
Code: Select all
/mods/SSVM/actual_SSVM_folder

This can happen if you use 'extract to folder' for unpacking archives, and SB can't properly load mod files that are inside another folder.
Another theory I could offer - without a starbound.log file to inspect - would be that your copy of the mod is damaged somehow. Try redownloading it.
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nouvi » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Seeing the mods are listed correctly, it should be a-ok. Go to the 2-stop teleshop teleporter and see if it's accessible there.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby NotTadpole » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 pm

That belly mod looks amazing! Great work!

I wonder, are there any other belly mods?
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby Fevix » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Mod seems to conflict with the rollerball techs. Could be something to do with Frackin Universe as well, but removing this mod fixes it.

The issue is that the player's hitbox doesn't seem to actually get updated when shifting to rollerball form, leaving the hitbox half in the ground and unable to move. Shifting to rollerball in midair "works" meaning you can move even if you're floating above the ground, but you're, again, still 4 blocks tall so you can't actually fit through the gaps.
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby disguy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:51 pm

NotTadpole wrote:That belly mod looks amazing! Great work!

I wonder, are there any other belly mods?

Thank you! As far as I know, there's nothing else really out there and this was originally more of a personal mod I made on my own time since hunting seems to be a big part of Lyceen lore, so wanted to at LEAST make something to allow them to show off some 'bigger prey'; although, the 'personal' aspect of doing them is the reason why there's only one gender finished currently.

I actually even planned to try to make some NPC predators tenants like the ones already in the mod but kinda lost interest some time ago, but may still try to take another crack at it at some point in the future!
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:54 am

An alternative for a belly mod, I've been using this one myself. Also perfect if you want to have consequences for your figure when gurgling up someone else.

The Big Fatties mod by Shy Dispatch
As a note though, the 'naked fat' outfits come out with their sprite-sheet colors, because you're not actually meant to be able to get them normally, only though the weight gain EPP(called digestion badge in game), which automatically change the outfits color to match your character, but there are clothes that you can use which have the different weight types.
A 'stuffed' body type is also coming at some point in the future, which is whatever weight level you're at, but with an even bigger belly, and when I say even bigger, I mean bigger. I'll try to see if I can't manage to scrounge up some screenshots, but the twitter should have a good few screenshots of stuff from the mod anyway.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NotTadpole » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:22 am

failbird105 wrote:An alternative for a belly mod, I've been using this one myself. Also perfect if you want to have consequences for your figure when gurgling up someone else.

The Big Fatties mod by Shy Dispatch
As a note though, the 'naked fat' outfits come out with their sprite-sheet colors, because you're not actually meant to be able to get them normally, only though the weight gain EPP(called digestion badge in game), which automatically change the outfits color to match your character, but there are clothes that you can use which have the different weight types.
A 'stuffed' body type is also coming at some point in the future, which is whatever weight level you're at, but with an even bigger belly, and when I say even bigger, I mean bigger. I'll try to see if I can't manage to scrounge up some screenshots, but the twitter should have a good few screenshots of stuff from the mod anyway.

Oh yeah, I downloaded that mod some time ago! I just haven't played with it yet. :P

Could you explain how exactly it works? I don't think I understood very well from the mod's thread. Also, is the weight gain effect temporary, permanent until manually removed, or permanent and unremovable? And for that matter, if it's manually removable, how do I actually remove it?
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:09 am

NotTadpole wrote:Oh yeah, I downloaded that mod some time ago! I just haven't played with it yet. :P

Could you explain how exactly it works? I don't think I understood very well from the mod's thread. Also, is the weight gain effect temporary, permanent until manually removed, or permanent and unremovable? And for that matter, if it's manually removable, how do I actually remove it?

Well, there's two EPPs of which you have to use either one of to get the actual weight gain, these make it so that eating the mods food, using some objects, and getting hit by certain attacks(namely the milkshake guns added by the mod and the Moontants meat spray) will fill you up, and when you get full enough it automatically shifts you up to the next weight level. This forces you to wear the the 'naked fat' armor for your specific race for that level. It only works for vanilla races(including ones that aren't playable though) but apparently Avali compatibility is being worked on?

With one, you will gradually lose weight as you move around, with the other, you can only lose weight by using specific items(well, that or you literally can't, not sure). Gaining weight increases your defenses, but also makes you move slower, not jump as high, and have a larger hitbox. Removing the badge will remove all the weight.

There's also individual weight badges, which provide the status effects of the given weight level, but don't increase or decrease like the weight gain badges do. You can buy fat looking versions of the different armor at a special crafting station, which you can craft for pixels, and the food is bought from a store that you can also craft for pixels.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mmmooo55 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:34 am

sorry for the late response, but redownloading the mod fixed it, thanks guys!
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby EddyS » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Hey I've just started playing Starbound, and I tried to install this mod;
I installed the latest version, the 8.6.1 version and dropped the SSVM folder in the zipped folder into the mods folder in my Starbound folder in steamapps > common. Is there more to the installation than that? I can't see the Belly Bound Store when I open the crafting menu. Did I do something wrong? Isn't there supposed to be an intrinsic mod loader in the mods folder? I don't know anymore.

I'm a beginner at this game, so I don't even know how to access the schematics tab in the crafting menu. Maybe someone just needs to tell me how to do that lol.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyanyan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:I can't see the Belly Bound Store when I open the crafting menu. Did I do something wrong? Isn't there supposed to be an intrinsic mod loader in the mods folder? I don't know anymore.

I don't remember what version, but the recipe for making the store yourself was removed. You now need to get to the Outpost so you can access their teleporter at the Tele-Shop, which allows you to teleport to the Food Hall (which has a teleporter that you can bookmark so you can go there from your ship), which has shops. One of which has the portable store for you to purchase.

EDIT: While I'm here, I thought I'd mention something I thought kinda funny/ironic. I was trying to make a Hardcore character and see how long I could survive. I made it past the first planet, to the Outpost, and teleported to the Food Hall.

After that, I had to go do something. Now, I'm used to casual, no hunger, no permadeath, etc. So doing this was normal, I'm in a safe place, AFKing isn't a big deal....usually.

I come back to a character that's starved to death...in the FOOD HALL. I just think it's a little ironic.

Is there a way to add an 'aura' to the area that keeps you full while you're there? That'd be neat.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EddyS » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:12 pm

nyanyan wrote:
EngilbertSig3 wrote:I can't see the Belly Bound Store when I open the crafting menu. Did I do something wrong? Isn't there supposed to be an intrinsic mod loader in the mods folder? I don't know anymore.

I don't remember what version, but the recipe for making the store yourself was removed. You now need to get to the Outpost so you can access their teleporter at the Tele-Shop, which allows you to teleport to the Food Hall (which has a teleporter that you can bookmark so you can go there from your ship), which has shops. One of which has the portable store for you to purchase.

EDIT: While I'm here, I thought I'd mention something I thought kinda funny/ironic. I was trying to make a Hardcore character and see how long I could survive. I made it past the first planet, to the Outpost, and teleported to the Food Hall.

After that, I had to go do something. Now, I'm used to casual, no hunger, no permadeath, etc. So doing this was normal, I'm in a safe place, AFKing isn't a big deal....usually.

I come back to a character that's starved to death...in the FOOD HALL. I just think it's a little ironic.

Is there a way to add an 'aura' to the area that keeps you full while you're there? That'd be neat.

Isn't the Food Hall supposed to look like the one in the preview video? If so, I can't find it anywhere in the outpost. Where is it? Or how do you get it if you can't find it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby FloatyBum » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:04 pm

I don't have any other mods and for whatever reason I've had several times where going into certain areas, most frustratingly near my house, teleport me back to my ship
FloatyBum
New to the forum

Postby EddyS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:53 pm

I've been playing this mod a lot recently and I discovered how to spawn vore tenants, and I'm not gonna lie... I'm a little disappointed how few of the vore tenants have the ability to hold up to 2 prey. Same goes with the Vore furniture, although I doubt you can fit 2 people in 1 bed. But if it's possible to fit 2 people in 1 bed somehow... then just take that as a suggestion.

Since I'm disappointed that there are so few tenants that can hold 2 prey... you can probably guess which vore tenant is my favorite: Christy Kitsune. She has the best animations, best belly, best everything. Man if a human vore tenant was as good as Christy... what an ecstasy this mod would be if humans vore tenants were as good as Christy Kitsune. I just wish more of the vore tenants had as much work put into them as Christy, even if that means less tenants are available; it's a small price to pay for salvation.

Christy Kitsune is a little buggy though:
* Sometimes when she has swallowed 2 prey, she goes to heal for some unknown reason, releasing both prey in the process. But then again, maybe that's just the 90 second timer to let you out. So maybe that's not a bug.
* It's really hard to interact with her; when she gives you a mission... even though you complete it, you can't get her to give you the rewards whatsoever. Pretty sure that's a bug.

Otherwise I haven't noticed anything weird. Amazing job on this mod.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby SubZero156 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 am

FloatyBum wrote:I don't have any other mods and for whatever reason I've had several times where going into certain areas, most frustratingly near my house, teleport me back to my ship

same, i had to reset my solar system just to land on a planet
SubZero156
Participator

Postby NotTadpole » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Several months ago, I mentioned I was making a mod for SSVM that restored the old frog SPO that was featured in the VSO trailer, but was cut from the mod's release. I finished it long ago, but here it is :P

There's some bugs, like how the original "empty belly" sprite apparently is still visible behind the "filled belly" sprite. But, frankly, I have no idea how to fix that. ^^; If anyone knows how, please let me know.
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby FloatyBum » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 am

SubZero156 wrote:
FloatyBum wrote:I don't have any other mods and for whatever reason I've had several times where going into certain areas, most frustratingly near my house, teleport me back to my ship

Do you know of any way to fix it without deleting all the vore mod stuff in the system?
FloatyBum
New to the forum

Postby SubZero156 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 am

FloatyBum wrote:
SubZero156 wrote:

Do you know of any way to fix it without deleting all the vore mod stuff in the system?

sadly i have no idea
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Heartlessdragoon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:44 pm

NotTadpole wrote:Several months ago, I mentioned I was making a mod for SSVM that restored the old frog SPO that was featured in the VSO trailer, but was cut from the mod's release. I finished it long ago, but here it is :P

There's some bugs, like how the original "empty belly" sprite apparently is still visible behind the "filled belly" sprite. But, frankly, I have no idea how to fix that. ^^; If anyone knows how, please let me know.

It's not a bug. Static SPOs can't remove background sprites. Instead it covers it using the foreground sprite. A good example to look at would be Agumon's static SPO. His sprite was edited in a way that made his belly cover the background sprite.

To fix it you have two options.
1. Edit the sprites in a way that makes the Belly sprites completely cover the waiting sprites.
2. "Convert" the Static SPO into an "animated" SPO. To convert it into an "animated" SPO you'd have to merge the sprites together into a single sprite sheet. Then use the animated SPO files (Lua and Animation, along with object and animation) to have it "animate" the SPO instead of covering its sprite.

I hope this helps cause I'm bad at explaining. ^^;
Heartlessdragoon
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game