Chocola RPG Episodes 1 & 2

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Chocola Adventure hiatus

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Because my computer is an absolute piece of shit I lost a month of hard work, I put more into this game in the past month than I have in the past few months. I lost so much.
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Chocola Adventure

Postby Big_D » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:08 pm

well crap, that sounds rough as hell, I hope you have maybe some way to retrive it or else this will be a major blow to you *gives her a hug and a ton of 'comfort' furries*
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm sorry to hear that this happened :( It's beyond me why I hear this story so frequently, about computer problems causing people to lose things they were working on... are most hard drives really that bad? I always backup everything both on the same drive and to external drives sometimes even online... if I knew I would have empathized on doing this in your case too.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Chocola Adventure hiatus

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 am

CarnivorousVixen wrote:Because my computer is an absolute piece of shit I lost a month of hard work, I put more into this game in the past month than I have in the past few months. I lost so much.

What happened?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:22 pm

damn, I skimmed the blog but damn.

On a note, a loss like this is why the game me and mephisto where making got delayed tehn I think canned. I haven't gotten in contact with the guy in a while and it is worrying.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:28 am

Oh man that sucks.

I never run my laptop without having it plugged in, and yet it still finds ways to run out of battery.

Cable becomes slightly too unplugged from any of the 3 points it can separate, plugged into a socket controled by a switch that gets flipped Et Cetera.

I once sat there and wrote a report for 6 straight hours, only to have the cord secretly come unplugged, I went to get a snack and when I came back, the damn thing had shut down on me. And I just didn't save... because I'm dumb... I was only gone for like 10 minutes at most... You better belive I saved every couple minutes, for a few months after that. Iterative saves too. I had one folder that ultimately eneded up with 67 versions of the same file in various stages of completeness.

I feel your pain.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby avakann » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:02 pm

hmm if it's been saved regularly couldn't you revert to the day before it crashed on you?
avakann
Been posting for a bit

Chocola Adventure Update

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:16 pm

About what I said about development being on hiatus, well you can scratch that. Apparently I'm crazy, I just rebuilt a month worth of work in just a day. Luckily I did have a backup on my SD card, so I only lost a months worth of work, which was the most work I ever put into it, but now it's back because I just couldn't help myself.

That being said, a demo should be released within a week as planned. I'm really excited to show what I've been working on, I hope you will enjoy it.
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Chocola Adventure Update

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:36 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
CarnivorousVixen wrote:Because my computer is an absolute piece of shit I lost a month of hard work, I put more into this game in the past month than I have in the past few months. I lost so much.

What happened?

Apparently the data is easily corrupted is RPG Maker is running when the computer crashes
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby avakann » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:55 pm

YAY this is awesome, also wow a months work in a day? wow you're something else, though most of that is probably spriting, so that helped cut the time significantly
avakann
Been posting for a bit

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:29 pm

avakann wrote:YAY this is awesome, also wow a months work in a day? wow you're something else, though most of that is probably spriting, so that helped cut the time significantly

Ir was still a lot of headache inducing work, worth it in the end though
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DjConnorJ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:50 pm

To put that amount of commitment into the game you really are the mvp here because some people do give up and go home when stuff like that happens but you went back at it and hit it twice as hard not giving up and now I'm more than excited to play the new demo when it comes out
DjConnorJ
Participator

Chocola Adventure NEW Demo!

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 am

-message deleted by me-
Last edited by CarnivorousVixen on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Chocola Adventure Update

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:46 am

CarnivorousVixen wrote:About what I said about development being on hiatus, well you can scratch that. Apparently I'm crazy, I just rebuilt a month worth of work in just a day. Luckily I did have a backup on my SD card, so I only lost a months worth of work, which was the most work I ever put into it, but now it's back because I just couldn't help myself.

That being said, a demo should be released within a week as planned. I'm really excited to show what I've been working on, I hope you will enjoy it.

Yeah. It's always easier to do something again. No fun but, you know what you did, and you've usually come up with a few Ideas on how you would have done it faster or better in the meantime.

That report I lost I was able to rewrite in a about 2 hours.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Chocola Adventure NEW Demo!

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:56 am

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vr6pd ... 016fix.exe Enjoy!

Some infos on this demo:

-40 minutes of gameplay: You'll be playing through more of the story, which has changed since the last demo

-All new beginning: Chocola's motivation for going to Bunboro is to chase down the witch [named Kata] to rescue her friend. Chocola now lives in her own apartment room, you'll be exploring her city at the beginning, and perhaps at other parts of the game too

-Soda machines: Soda machines are found in most areas. With a 1 in 10 chance, you could get a winning can, redeemable at the East Bunboro shop for a random prize

Gachapon machines: This is for those who really love collectables. Different machines will have different toy sets. This demo only includes the Rainbow Bunnies Collection. Can you collect all the colors of the rainbow, plus the special Black, Silver, and Gold ones?

The Museum: Go into the museum when it opens to learn about the history and lore of Bunboro!

Meet the mayor of Bunboro! She's probably nothing like you would expect.

Arcade games! You'll find two in this demo. One is in plain sight... you'll have to look around for the other one though!

Skills: Chocola can learn new skills for battle now! You'll only find two in this demo though, but they're neat~

I think that might be it.. I hope you enjoy it! And as always, please report any bugs you may find!

Also, if you enjoy, please consider donating to my paypal, [email protected] Every bit helps!
Last edited by CarnivorousVixen on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Chocola Adventure NEW Demo!

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:22 am

CarnivorousVixen wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/download/188v6l4ubtu8bdp/CARPG6242016A.exe Enjoy!

Some infos on this demo:

-40 minutes of gameplay: You'll be playing through more of the story, which has changed since the last demo

-All new beginning: Chocola's motivation for going to Bunboro is to chase down the witch [named Kata] to rescue her friend. Chocola now lives in her own apartment room, you'll be exploring her city at the beginning, and perhaps at other parts of the game too

-Soda machines: Soda machines are found in most areas. With a 1 in 10 chance, you could get a winning can, redeemable at the East Bunboro shop for a random prize

Gachapon machines: This is for those who really love collectables. Different machines will have different toy sets. This demo only includes the Rainbow Bunnies Collection. Can you collect all the colors of the rainbow, plus the special Black, Silver, and Gold ones?

The Museum: Go into the museum when it opens to learn about the history and lore of Bunboro!

Arcade games! You'll find two in this demo. One is in plain sight... you'll have to look around for the other one though!

Skills: Chocola can learn new skills for battle now! You'll only find two in this demo though, but they're neat~

I think that might be it.. I hope you enjoy it! And as always, please report any bugs you may find!

Also, if you enjoy, please consider donating to my paypal, [email protected] Every bit helps!

So I hate comming in immeadiately with a bug report, but entering the pub causes the game to crash every time because it cant find an Audio file(Specifically Paper Mario Club 64), entering the building just before the pub strands you out a sea, and going out the left exit at the Fox with the pink hairs house gets you stuck in the roof out side.

Also out side the house with the guy who says "I'm safe in here... Right?" there is a tuft of grass 1 pannel to the right and one pannel down from his front door. You can cross that tuft of grass and get up on the hill infront of that, which you should not be able to do. Then if you go into the rose bush on that hill you will end up in the back of the guys house, or you can avoid that and go in the floating door that a little lower on the hill and that will put you at his front door.
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
CarnivorousVixen wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/download/188v6l4ubtu8bdp/CARPG6242016A.exe Enjoy!

Some infos on this demo:

So I hate comming in immeadiately with a bug report, but entering the pub causes the game to crash every time because it cant find an Audio file, entering the building just before the pub strands you out a sea, and going out the left exit at the Fox with the pink hairs house gets you stuck in the roof out side.

The recent events have left me quite scatterbrained, hehe. I've uploaded a fixed version
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:37 am

CarnivorousVixen wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:

Some infos on this demo:

So I hate comming in immeadiately with a bug report, but entering the pub causes the game to crash every time because it cant find an Audio file, entering the building just before the pub strands you out a sea, and going out the left exit at the Fox with the pink hairs house gets you stuck in the roof out side.

The recent events have left me quite scatterbrained, hehe. I've uploaded a fixed version

Awesome. I just edited in another bug report into my previous comment. It's not a game breaking one, but a very specific and funky one that people have a small chance of running into. It wont prevent them in any way from completing the game, but it's weird, and I thought I should mention it, just incase no one else would.

And again sorry for the earlier bug reports, I know nothing has to be less satisfying then spending a bunch of time on something, and only hearing whats not working upon release.

Seems good so far, but I cant realy know how good, untill I reach the end of the currently planed content.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Daea » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 am

As I discussed with you before, I'll post a few things I found in my playthrough of the demo, from bugs to tiny typos~ will toss in a spoiler box since it includes some plot details for reference.

Spoiler: show
Typos:
-In the first bits of dialogue after starting the game, the person at the counter says they "here" something outside ("hear")
-Two instances I noticed of "buisness" misspellings ("business"), when Chocola tries to go to the river bridge before the story allows, and when talking to the mayor in the pub
-The two Okusagi guards blocking the entrance to East Bunboro say you're not "allowd" ("allowed")
-When talking to Bella about the Okusagi base in Central Bunboro, she says it's "thier" base ("their")
-Right after that, she mentions the mayor's house "the on to the left of here" ("to the left of here" would suffice)
-After Chocola leaves the mayor's house, she says the mayor can "handel" herself ("handle")
-The police bunny walking around the pub mentions the "cheif" ("chief")
-Two instances of text cut off extending past text boxes, talking to Priscilla in the camp the first time, and one of the Okusagi scientists walking around the upper-left room of the labs (where you get the lab coat)

Bugs:
-You can walk through the right shelf behind the counter on the 1F of Chocola's apartment (the other one is solid)
-As mentioned above, Raine's house has an exit on the left, which places you on the roof where you can't move
-The far right jail cell in the BPD building in Bunboro has an incomplete door sprite, with its top half missing
-Random door on the hilltop at the bottom-left corner of East Bunboro (intentional?)
-The brown brick house on the right side of East Bunboro has the door open into a solid brick wall (usually has a black space behind it)
-Going back into the tent with Priscilla after the event talking to her, Priscilla has Sasha's portrait, and leaving the tent afterwards places you at a location north of the tent where you can't move
-Going back to Okusagi Labs after Pandora gets you away from Kata, if you try to return towards Bunboro along the path, it places you on an unmovable space in Central Bunboro

That's all I ran into for now. I believe you fixed some of those errors last night, but I just included them for you to double-check. Otherwise, the game is fantastic! Got through the demo, love all the side quests you're putting in, can't wait to see where the story goes from here!
Daea
Somewhat familiar

Postby oliverrook » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Ok, few things, one, are there still going to be all the same characters? I really liked to fox at the beginning and the snake.
I ate you. My fox ate me. My dragon ate my fox. My wolf ate my dragon. My otterdog ate my wolf. My pikachu ate my otterdog. And so on, and so forth.
*BUUURRRP*
oliverrook
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game