Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 22 CO

Postby darkevilme » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

okay. ran out of creative energy, went on holiday, came back.

this might fix the problem with the saves
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvvp34jspel6gwf/Nomad%20alpha%2022%20C0%20v2.zip?dl=0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia6ehnuv597a519/Nomad_alpha_22_C0_v2.zip
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:53 pm

hope the holiday helped
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:hope the holiday helped

I think so. It's back to the todolist for me and I'll see how it goes.

Current goals:
zorr dungeon redesign
new npc enemy for swamp zone
additional move perks?
darkevilme
---

Postby pussylover3 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm

An idea if you are willing to accept it more dungeons/better item generation
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 am

pussylover3 wrote:An idea if you are willing to accept it more dungeons/

well, I'm converting Zorr from a maze full of monsters into an actual dungeon, same as I did for the spacehulk. Omnico is the next maze scheduled to get this treatment.
If you mean you want outright more dungeons/mazes, well none are planned until I start building the faction conflict campaigns.
better item generation

An idea if you are willing to accept it would be to elaborate on what this means. better how? items aren't generated this is not borderlands. Do you mean there's items you wish were in the game that aren't yet? are there ideas for items you have which you would like to share? or are you just wanting a monty haul of more loot in each location?
darkevilme
---

Postby pussylover3 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Here is an idea and I put a quite a lot of though perhaps there could a sort of system where you can save enemies that you defeated like if you kick the crap out of something like a fawn then you could do something to it and save it for later in case you ate to many plants that make it so you get more from eating prey rather than eating fruit
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:49 pm

pussylover3 wrote:Here is an idea and I put a quite a lot of though perhaps there could a sort of system where you can save enemies that you defeated like if you kick the crap out of something like a fawn then you could do something to it and save it for later in case you ate to many plants that make it so you get more from eating prey rather than eating fruit

currently nomad has no means of storing prey. This is however a planned feature to have some kind of capture or slaving or holding pen system for a simple reason.

In space a prey player can stack a huge box full of tastey fruits to survive on.
A predatory player though might starve to death and I do not consider it overly acceptable to outright punish a player for their preferences.

The reason this isn't high priority is that currently the longest flight is only to alpha minoris III, and its...short and one hardly anyone takes as there isn't enough there yet to justify the trip. So with the player basically using the shuttle as their mobile caravan home jumping between alpha minoris II, IIA and the spacehulk it isn't a big deal for pred players.

But don't worry, it is planned, for an unspecified future update.
darkevilme
---

Postby pussylover3 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:54 pm

well how about this, an item that acts as some sort of cloaking device like the predator. the idea comes from this sort of "glitch" that happens when you blow yourself up with the grenade enough times you will literally have 0 hp but you aren't dead so while you are still roaming around saying hi to all the zetamorprhs (which by the way are my favorite enemy because of there scenes) and they are just gonna sit and ask each other "did you just hear something" and you can just whale on them till the end of time and they think they just absorbed some sort of toxin that kills them... that or maybe add a few Easter eggs or secrets to be funny and say hey. I would say more quests but you probably got that on the list but not very high on that list
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 03, 2017 5:59 am

So. that time again. I'm putting out a poll ahead of the release of the full version of 22, this will be to let people vote on what they want to see in update 23. I just hope I haven't forgotten to put something up there that i'm going to wish was on the poll later.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12884986
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Another version already? I better get back to work on spriting.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 pm

SmokeStriker125 wrote:Another version already? I better get back to work on spriting.

not quite. version 22 will be out once I've written these five remaining scenes. the version out at the moment is to test the combat overhaul built off your suggestions and does not contain much in the way of new content. so the coming version will be alpha 22 without the CO
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:40 am

darkevilme wrote:not quite. version 22 will be out once I've written these five remaining scenes. the version out at the moment is to test the combat overhaul built off your suggestions and does not contain much in the way of new content. so the coming version will be alpha 22 without the CO

I haven't played too much of the new version, I've focused on other projects and activities of mine since my last sprite update. I'll give you my opinion on the new combat systems once I have a new update for you on the sprites, which should be in about a week or so.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby gigaredpanther » Mon May 08, 2017 1:45 am

Is there a way to disable Autosave? Saving seems to take a really long time.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 08, 2017 4:54 am

gigaredpanther wrote:Is there a way to disable Autosave? Saving seems to take a really long time.

no there isn't, but there will be...but it means I will need to make the full version of version 22 be released under the number 23 (so that saves from 22 CO will be compatible with the changed universe.sav file format that contains the extra config variable)

I'm sure everyone will mourn for the number 22 and be broken up by 23's planned content being put out under the number 24 instead.

Or maybe no one will care overmuch about the numbers.

anyway. progress report: 4 scenes to go for the release of what will now be version 23, had a slow time muse wise and I have another project i'm doing short term for the sake of my portfolio (cant have nomad on a resume sent to workplaces when jobhunting) which is taking up a chunk of my time and energy.

edit addendum:
Though I do wonder what you're doing to make saving take so long. are you working on a pendrive or other location where file I/O is slower? and are you referring only to saves which change the filename of the current save. to explain.
Whenever you save to a new folder it has to move the contents of the prior folder to the new folder first, subsequent saves are faster cause it doesn't need to do this. the reason it needs to do this is each world in the game has its own .sav file so I can keep the entire galaxy out of memory (which would get a little unfeasible) so when you first go to alpha minoris IIA it generates the world, stores it in memory, and when you save it creates the .sav file. when you go to alpha minoris II, save, quit, then later come back and load your save alpha minoris IIA isn't in memory, its on the hard disk in the save folder until you visit it again.

copying sadly can't be made radically faster. But this explains why things are the way they are.
darkevilme
---

Postby Benevorlent » Mon May 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Got a problem with my saves, made one and named it cvsave, but it now doesn't load when I try to. autosave works though. I tried making testsave and using that, but when I loaded it up it acted as if I had just landed on the planet with everything except the immediate vicinity being black, and devnote3 being on the ground again. My character, however, was not reset. link to saves here https://mega.nz/#!tOIDyLSD!1WcsyLUwVWCz ... Ky0VmNb6iM
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Benevorlent wrote:Got a problem with my saves, made one and named it cvsave, but it now doesn't load when I try to. autosave works though. I tried making testsave and using that, but when I loaded it up it acted as if I had just landed on the planet with everything except the immediate vicinity being black, and devnote3 being on the ground again. My character, however, was not reset. link to saves here https://mega.nz/#!tOIDyLSD!1WcsyLUwVWCz ... Ky0VmNb6iM

apparently the files i mentioned are going missing somehow. not sure how that happened. but what happened in cvsave is you're missing the starsystem.sav which causes it to fail outright. and test save has that file but doesn't have the file for alpha minoris IIA so it regenerates the planet. I think I need to make sure these copy actions actually succeed in future.
darkevilme
---

Postby Benevorlent » Mon May 08, 2017 7:07 pm

darkevilme wrote:
Benevorlent wrote:Got a problem with my saves, made one and named it cvsave, but it now doesn't load when I try to. autosave works though. I tried making testsave and using that, but when I loaded it up it acted as if I had just landed on the planet with everything except the immediate vicinity being black, and devnote3 being on the ground again. My character, however, was not reset. link to saves here https://mega.nz/#!tOIDyLSD!1WcsyLUwVWCz ... Ky0VmNb6iM

apparently the files i mentioned are going missing somehow. not sure how that happened. but what happened in cvsave is you're missing the starsystem.sav which causes it to fail outright. and test save has that file but doesn't have the file for alpha minoris IIA so it regenerates the planet. I think I need to make sure these copy actions actually succeed in future.

autosave works fine though, maybe there's something about that compared to manually saving that makes it more robust?

Also having a problem with the cargo container, I have no idea how to scroll down to see everything. Clicking on the arrow on the scroll bar doesn't help, neither do dragging it or using my mouse wheel.

Whoops, forgot one more thing, not sure if it's a bug though? After seducing an enemy, it's still possible to attack them, they just don't attack back once seduced, meaning you can get twice the experience per enemy if you seduce them first. Interacting with them afterwards brings up the seduction victory options.

Just found another bug, clicking "flip" then "fore" in the research computer crashes the game for me. Also just realised it might be important to mention that I'm playing the game through running nomad.jar, instead of using the .bat file to run lwjgl.jar, which may be the reason for these?

Final edit, maybe. Just got on the spaceship and went to the planet with the elfins, lamias and raptors, and now if I save into the "cvsaves" folder, most of the files get deleted. However, saving into the "cvsaves - Copy" folder saves normally, without moving from the save screen. Before then today, it occasionally completely delected the cvsaves folder, seemingly randomly, but this is the first today I've noticed it only delete certain files, and it's only started doing that again upon visiting the new planet. .zip of saves here: https://mega.nz/#!dLQEQBjK!beo6Kw8UASbH ... ZQZyO4l3pg
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby gigaredpanther » Tue May 09, 2017 12:20 pm

darkevilme wrote:Though I do wonder what you're doing to make saving take so long. are you working on a pendrive or other location where file I/O is slower? and are you referring only to saves which change the filename of the current save. to explain.

No, I have it right on my main hard drive. And it takes a long time for EVERY save, no matter what. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary when it comes to my setup, so I have no idea what the issue could possibly be.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 pm

@Benevorlent:

1. I don't know why autosave works better for you.

2. cargo container fix coming in version 23

3. fix for pummeling lusty demi dames coming in version 23

4. fix for research screen breaking when no research unlocked coming in version 23

5. error checking for save folder copying coming in version 23

@gigaredpanther

6. I have no earthly idea either

7. progress report, my muse is not cooperating with me. still 4 scenes to go.
darkevilme
---

Postby JackBright » Wed May 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Do you think you'll ever make it so that your character gains from vore, or at least gets a boost to parts of their body, at least once the Description thing gets done?
JackBright
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game