Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 24S

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:18 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:I've been meaning to post this suggestion all day, but have just been too lazy to do so, but now my Autosave has gone tits up so I think this is the closest thing to a sign I'm ever going to get.

Have you ever considered a system like FO4 has where there are a pair of alternating auto saves that it save between, that way you never lose too much progress, weather or not you end up in an unwinnable situation, or have corrupeted data?

Honestly I think I've been getting signs all day. I went into the cave with the Lixis and started fighting one of the big ones, got all the way down to 2 health before I realized I wasn't going to win then ran out of the cave, only to find an Ice Treader blocking the exit. Leaving the cave auto saved me, and with 2 health I was caught between a Lixi and a Cat Place.

Anyway, rather then wait for you to ask me for the save file, I thought I woudl just go ahead a post it up front. http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3j0p43d8 ... utosave.7z

Hopefully 25 will be better for saves. But as for alternating autosaves. That would slow down the saving process due to the way nomad handles storing worlds/stations/systems that aren't currently needed in memory but still need to be retained. Put simply whenever you move to a new save slot it needs to copy the contents of the old save slot so that worlds you haven't visited during this session but have visited during your character's adventure are retained. It doesn't always work but it should work better in 25.

saving should work better in 25...

with that awkward segway I'm gonna report I'm about halfway to update 25 being done. Double width updates are a bit awkward for keeping my motivation up but considering I've broken the saving format for players twice in this update it's not like you can port over a 24 era character to replay the whole thing quickly. So the double width of content and features should be worth the wait.

And as a reminder I'm still hoping for guest contributions and patreon support
patreon supporters get access to polls to influence Nomad's roadmap and the opportunity to request content.
darkevilme
---

Postby Searnadrix » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm having trouble finding the recipe for the high explosives. I thought after I went everything I could find up through the third planet I would have ran into it. I know there's a small shuttle near the southwestern star but my game crashes when I try to board it. I thought maybe it was related to the ghetto beamer but it crashed again after I built it. All I can think of it's somewhere I missed.
Searnadrix
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jnfly » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:13 pm

it is in your carfting you need crafting 1 or 2 to make it
Jnfly
Participator

Postby Searnadrix » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Thank you so much
Searnadrix
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:05 pm

the recipe should unlock the first time you interact with the huge rock blocking the path to the southern area.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:21 pm

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:I've been meaning to post this suggestion all day, but have just been too lazy to do so, but now my Autosave has gone tits up so I think this is the closest thing to a sign I'm ever going to get.

Have you ever considered a system like FO4 has where there are a pair of alternating auto saves that it save between, that way you never lose too much progress, weather or not you end up in an unwinnable situation, or have corrupeted data?

Honestly I think I've been getting signs all day. I went into the cave with the Lixis and started fighting one of the big ones, got all the way down to 2 health before I realized I wasn't going to win then ran out of the cave, only to find an Ice Treader blocking the exit. Leaving the cave auto saved me, and with 2 health I was caught between a Lixi and a Cat Place.

Anyway, rather then wait for you to ask me for the save file, I thought I woudl just go ahead a post it up front. http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3j0p43d8 ... utosave.7z

Hopefully 25 will be better for saves. But as for alternating autosaves. That would slow down the saving process due to the way nomad handles storing worlds/stations/systems that aren't currently needed in memory but still need to be retained. Put simply whenever you move to a new save slot it needs to copy the contents of the old save slot so that worlds you haven't visited during this session but have visited during your character's adventure are retained. It doesn't always work but it should work better in 25.

saving should work better in 25...

with that awkward segway I'm gonna report I'm about halfway to update 25 being done. Double width updates are a bit awkward for keeping my motivation up but considering I've broken the saving format for players twice in this update it's not like you can port over a 24 era character to replay the whole thing quickly. So the double width of content and features should be worth the wait.

And as a reminder I'm still hoping for guest contributions and patreon support
patreon supporters get access to polls to influence Nomad's roadmap and the opportunity to request content.

Why's that a problem?

The game saves in like 2 secconds, Even if it increases 5x for 10 seccond saves... Oh no? I don't se that as a big problem.

Was my broken save unsalvageable?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Why's that a problem?

The game saves in like 2 secconds, Even if it increases 5x for 10 seccond saves... Oh no? I don't se that as a big problem.

Was my broken save unsalvageable?

some do. some even asked me to make autosaves an option you can turn off. And it'll get slower the more places you've visited with this approach. there's a noticeable improvement in efficiency after the first autosave is done in sequence due to it not needing to copy due to a shift of save slot.

and your save wasn't unsalvageable i'm just pre occupied with other things and haven't touched it as doing so involves shifting my setup. and i'm making decent progress with the march to lightspeed.

I might get around to salvaging it. But no promises, I'm not going to open the floodgates for everyone who runs into any kind of difficulty to ask me to fix their saves for them..would have no time for updates that way.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:47 pm

darkevilme wrote:some do. some even asked me to make autosaves an option you can turn off. And it'll get slower the more places you've visited with this approach. there's a noticeable improvement in efficiency after the first autosave is done in sequence due to it not needing to copy due to a shift of save slot.

and your save wasn't unsalvageable i'm just pre occupied with other things and haven't touched it as doing so involves shifting my setup. and i'm making decent progress with the march to lightspeed.

I might get around to salvaging it. But no promises, I'm not going to open the floodgates for everyone who runs into any kind of difficulty to ask me to fix their saves for them..would have no time for updates that way.

I see. No problem then. It's just you didn't even mention it so I couldn't tell if you just forgot or if you weren't going to work on it.

I always thought fixing saves seemed like a waste of your time, but I'd seen you do it so often, and had done it for me once before, I'd just come to the conclusion that it wasn't much effort on your part and you seemed to want to do it when brought to your attention.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby notthisgarbageagain » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Er, does this game work on Mac? The console opens up and displays "Can't recognize 'java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true' as an internal or external command, or batch script.
notthisgarbageagain
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:47 am

notthisgarbageagain wrote:Er, does this game work on Mac? The console opens up and displays "Can't recognize 'java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true' as an internal or external command, or batch script.

theoretically, it's possible but unlikely for this version. i don't own a mac. i never tested it on mac. that message is about you not having installed the java runtime environment 8 on your computer. But I think in order for it to actually run on mac it'd need the lwjgl native library for mac to be bundled into the jar. and a cursory look on my part indicates that's something I haven't done as this is seemingly the first time a mac user has tried to play nomad. I'll try to put 'mac support' on the todolist for update 25.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:01 pm

By the by, don't go fixing that save. I've played past where I was.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jnfly » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:06 pm

so any word on how the update is comming ?
Jnfly
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 am

Jnfly wrote:so any word on how the update is comming ?

it's coming. I'm behind my original expectation. but that was a wildly optimistic expectation. i currently am 10 scenes away from completing update 25 due to how long it took to implement some big ticket features.
darkevilme
---

Postby Jnfly » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:54 am

I really do love and enjoy this game Dark
Jnfly
Participator

Postby R3X » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm

darkevilme wrote:it's coming.
Attachments
1345246896226.gif
1345246896226.gif (23.01 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25A

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:59 am

it's here. update 25: the march to lightspeed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7lwhyyx9vl1fjq/Nomad%20alpha%2025A.zip?dl=0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nbi8way7bynpb3g/Nomad_alpha_25A.zip

update contents:
Reformation technology support
Omnico dungeon overhaul, zorr dungeon improvement
Crafting screen improved, unified tech skills, new crafting items
Ship weapons and shields
6 New npcs
Additional mutators and appearance variables
Npc ships, npc ship interaction, space combat
Intersystem FTL travel

23+ new scenes
(1 Tailvore, 3 Unbirthing, 2 cockvore, 2 Analvore,4 oralvore, 2 CTF as prey. Additional sex scenes)
(2 oralvore, 1 cocktf, 3 cv as pred)
(2 oralvore, 1 cv as prey patreon requests)
(1 CV, 1 OV as pred. By guest contributor bowkatt)
(1 OV as pred. By guest contributor Chardos)
(2 cv and 1 ov as prey by guest contributor Alpha Shows)

it's been a longtime coming for this update. But...I'm proud of it as we've hit some big features this update. proud and tired. Luckily I get to ignore nomad except bug fixes for a week or two now. Still, two month update cycles are a bit long. I'll have to consider whether it's how I'll be doing update 26.

as usual here's a feedback form to collect information for my own nefarious purposes:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfGUipTHZYvgDme6OGr2ntnE1wLf_MwxTNFMhw1TDRhRbgQjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

and my patreon shilling link(patreons get access to the other nefarious feedback form):
https://www.patreon.com/warpedrealities

edit:

also as an experiment...discord server for nomad. I dunno if the fanbase really counts as a community but who knows.
https://discord.gg/u5ueq9A

edit:

version A fixes two issues with reforming and an issue with the valley robot AI.
darkevilme
---

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Hey. Was just looking through the xml files for Nomad 25A, and noticed that there's a large section of Neri's script for offering an apology (And then lewds happen) that isn't triggered. Probably because the flag for the initial insult is "insult", but the one compared to trigger the conversation is "insulted". Thought you might wanna know.

Also, this update is great.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby Magaso » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:03 am

As of 25A, attempting to enter the "space hulk" causes a crash
Magaso
New to the forum

Postby Shortpig » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:03 am

Oh my. So, I just stumbled upon this game, and boy, does it seem to be expansive. It's been quite an experience, stumbling about, discovering what I can, but I find myself a bit confused as to what to do next at times. Is there any chance that there's a walkthrough buried somewhere in here that I've managed to miss? Or, any general advice someone could give me? I'd be very appreciative of any assistance, given that I feel like I'm missing out on giant portions of this great game, haha.
Shortpig
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25B

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 am

fix 25B:
minor fix for a side effect from reformation.
spacehulk fixes
proper neri integration with consistent flags for the guest content by alphashows

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ue7mcxr6t82r833/Nomad_alpha_25B.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp5ieg68yl96o9n/Nomad%20alpha%2025B.zip?dl=0

@JustaLurkingPony
glad you're enjoying, and thanks for the heads up

@shortpig
glad you've discovered nomad. alas there's no guides for anything except how to escape the moon. and I'm guessing you've already managed that. and what you do 'next' is mostly up to you. nomad is more open worldy than most vore games. but perhaps if you mention your favourite discovery i'll reveal how to find more like it if there is more like it.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game