Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25D

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Sinistral wrote:Doesn't look like the carnicola is giving its exp bonus anymore. It gives you the perk but not the 100 XP.

tested. still works, it gives one or the other. you only get the exp bonus if you already have the perk.
darkevilme
---

Postby Sinistral » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Must have already had the perk by the time I used it then in most of my games. Now that I think about it I normally don't go to floor 2 to pick that up till I'm level 2 or 3. Good to know. Thanks.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:26 am

So I put in a Solar plant into my ship, and I charged up the engergy to the 25 mark, and when I went to warp it still tells me I'm at 0 Percent engergy, then after that when I try to wait in place my ship sends out all these light balls but nothing happens..

EDIT:

Ok so apparantly I needed slightly more then the 25 Maximum Energy. You can over charge it as much as you want, in total I needed like 27 energy or something before the ship would make the jump. Also I had to have the energy pre charged before I attempted the jump.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.1A

Postby darkevilme » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So I put in a Solar plant into my ship, and I charged up the engergy to the 25 mark, and when I went to warp it still tells me I'm at 0 Percent engergy, then after that when I try to wait in place my ship sends out all these light balls but nothing happens..

EDIT:

Ok so apparantly I needed slightly more then the 25 Maximum Energy. You can over charge it as much as you want, in total I needed like 27 energy or something before the ship would make the jump. Also I had to have the energy pre charged before I attempted the jump.

You were too close to the star. though you'd need to be pretty far out to get a GSI of 1.25 or less...far out or possessed of a higher FTL score.

and you could in theory shovel the mammoth amount of energy required to bend space and time into a pretzel directly out of your generators...I think you'd need a total of 3 simple reactors aboard to attempt it though...and probably more fuel tanks to keep them fuelled.

anyway. this is my first draft for nomad's FTL system. It might change a bit in future, it will certainly look a bit less rubbish at some point.

the calculation is something like 20 energy*(sqrt(40-distance from star)/FTL score) so more space warpers reduce your effective gravitational stress index as you can more efficiently overcome it..they also speed up travel time.

edit:
and..new ish version. solves some issues with docking, landing..also changes the version number as this is an experimental version with some nontrivial gameplay mechanic changes. namely a new exp curve(because otherwise i have to basically adjust the challenge of future star systems for players with ludicrously high stats) and attacks of opportunity(to make melee enemies dangerous again). Only try it if the few bugs really bothered you or you want to see how this changes game dynamics.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9elro101105hqi/Nomad%20alpha%20251A.zip?dl=0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7539lqswieasoqp/Nomad_alpha_251A.zip

there might be a few more minor gameplay orientated changes like this, changing the stats of enemies, re-balancing their exp payouts.

but again the reminders. the two polls, one for all players and another for patreon supporters to vote close on wednesday. At which point work on update 26 begins.
also, nomad has a discord channel.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.1A

Postby Sinistral » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Ran into a small bug where my crafting list spawned duplicates of each recipe. Not sure what caused it. I originally thought it had something to due with my tech score, but a new game with the same perks doesn't have it. I haven't given myself my 4th tech point yet so I'm still on my base starting score. Definitely not game breaking and only slightly annoying, but figured I would mention it for fixing in future updates.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.1C

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Okay first. An update fixing a few tiny issues. like what Sinistral mentioned and a few issues with attacks of oppportunity and factions becoming friendly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/84sc1wshwf1a79e/Nomad_Alpha_251C.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u20pd59et5j6sb0/Nomad%20Alpha%20251C.zip?dl=0

And an announcement: Polling is now closed and work on 26 will begin now.

As for what I found out from the polling? the top request was unbirth as predator (endo), second place was held by unbirth as prey and joint third was held by oralvore as predator(endo), cockvore as prey, cockvore as predator(endo) and unbirth as prey(endo)

I'm getting a vibe that folks want more endo content. I will attempt to meet at least some of this need, though I open the door as ever for third party contributions to help with this as my own preferences lean slightly more digesty (as the trend in content and the dearth of endo would easily let on) but I wasn't about to put up a poll then ignore the result if it wasn't what I would of chosen and I think writing outside the center of ones comfort zone can be a good way of avoiding repetition.

additionally player as predator analvore is going to go into the game, not because it won the poll but because the only patreon supporter who voted voted for that to be a thing. I dub them lord Vetinari, there is one man, one vote, he is the man, he has the vote.

So plans for update 26:
Player as predator analvore (4-8 scenes depending, guest contributions welcome)
more endosomaphilia scenes(guest contributions welcome)
more unbirthing scenes
more scenes in general

observer vore feature support (because it's been on my todolist for over a year, watch saurians and elves actually enjoy their victories)
More work put into crafting and making tech players more viable

other stuff to be decided. for those curious some of the things that MIGHT go into update 26:
npc pirate ships
ship matter transmitter pads
somewhere meaningful to go once you get a warp engine(cause right now i just have to give you a slow clap for getting it)
darkevilme
---

Postby ABrinson27 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:52 pm

darkevilme, love the game, hope you plan to make more games in the future. :)
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:41 am

I hope he continues this game until it's feature complete. I'm a bit sick of every vore game dev ditching their game halfway through to work on another one (Which suffers the same fate).
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby BurningHeart » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:04 am

Quite like the game, but I am having problems. 1. I don't know if this was pointed out before, and I just checked its still there, but when you beat the mushroom girls, you can OV them wthout the perk. Don't know how far this extends, always got the perk shortly afterwards, but it is an issue. Side note, will we ever get a scene with us as predator for the mushroom mother, or is that something not going to be added, just wanted to know. 2. There is a cave thing in the harpy area, how do I go in? I just don't know, could someone help me. :-D
BurningHeart
Been posting for a bit

Postby GrayLotus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:57 am

BurningHeart wrote:Quite like the game, but I am having problems. 1. I don't know if this was pointed out before, and I just checked its still there, but when you beat the mushroom girls, you can OV them wthout the perk. Don't know how far this extends, always got the perk shortly afterwards, but it is an issue. Side note, will we ever get a scene with us as predator for the mushroom mother, or is that something not going to be added, just wanted to know. 2. There is a cave thing in the harpy area, how do I go in? I just don't know, could someone help me. :-D
Regarding the harpy area, you can get up there, but you need assistance from the harpies.

I just checked the data files to make sure of this, and you need to make one of the harpies like you enough. You can do that by seducing one and either unbirthing or cock-voring them and then releasing them instead of digesting them, or by eating out the harpy. This will make that harpy friendly to you.

Once you've done that twice to the same harpy (I know it's mean to attack your new friend, but sacrifices must be made), you then seduce them again and allow them to unbirth you. I'm not sure if it's a guaranteed thing, but you'll then hopefully be transported up to that special area and get to talk to a special harpy.

Good luck to you, and I hope you don't mind me spoiling the mystery :)
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 am

JustaLurkingPony wrote:I hope he continues this game until it's feature complete. I'm a bit sick of every vore game dev ditching their game halfway through to work on another one (Which suffers the same fate).

Nomad is actually not too far off having its initial list of features completed, though content being complete is an impossible goal that cannot be achieved. The big feature that's missing? a few bits of NPC ship support (npc ship sensors, npc ship spawning)

With that we'd have the features to support the original vision of the game. If not the content to back it up. Nomad will never not have new features that could be added and will never not have more space for content though. So if either of us are expecting to see nomad 100% complete then boy we bet on the wrong horse. I'll probably keep working on Nomad so long as there's community interest, patreon dollars and a dogged stubborn-ness in me though.

BurningHeart wrote:Quite like the game, but I am having problems. 1. I don't know if this was pointed out before, and I just checked its still there, but when you beat the mushroom girls, you can OV them wthout the perk. Don't know how far this extends, always got the perk shortly afterwards, but it is an issue. Side note, will we ever get a scene with us as predator for the mushroom mother, or is that something not going to be added, just wanted to know. 2. There is a cave thing in the harpy area, how do I go in? I just don't know, could someone help me. :-D

good catch. the second mushroom girl oralvore scene doesn't check for the perk.
darkevilme
---

Postby Rashdolphin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:17 pm

anyone else still having the "minidumps not enabled" error when trying to run it? i've updated everything that could possibly be related to the problem and nothing helps any advice. and FYI, i already posted a error report file on the thread some time ago.
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Postby BurningHeart » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:43 pm

@GrayLotus Thanks for the help, never would have thought of that. :-D
@darkevilme Glad I could help. :)
BurningHeart
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 am

Rashdolphin wrote:anyone else still having the "minidumps not enabled" error when trying to run it? i've updated everything that could possibly be related to the problem and nothing helps any advice. and FYI, i already posted a error report file on the thread some time ago.

install and run the opengl extension viewer and screenshot the GL report screen of it then send me the screenshot. This will confirm what I suspect is the problem.
http://realtech-vr.com/admin/glview
darkevilme
---

Postby GrayLotus » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 am

Bug report:

Selecting the "space pilot" perk crashes the game. After some investigation, I think it's because "navigation" is mispelled in the data file for the attribute increase as "navigaton".
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby ThotPrime » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 am

Could just be me but when trying to place a bunkbed in the ship the game crashes.
ThotPrime
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:10 am

GrayLotus wrote:Bug report:

Selecting the "space pilot" perk crashes the game. After some investigation, I think it's because "navigation" is mispelled in the data file for the attribute increase as "navigaton".

good catch. though currently navigation has no out of space combat mode utility. It only increases your ship's defensive evasion score and manouverability in combat. When I come up with a good idea for the skill to have a use in the solar mode (Or someone suggests it) I'll put that in.

JoebidenBoon wrote:Could just be me but when trying to place a bunkbed in the ship the game crashes.

whoops. forgot to put a space in the reference.

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ItemWidget name="bunk bed" weight="10" value="750.0">
   <description>A bed. Furniture that provides a good place for two people
      to sleep.</description>
   <placeditem widget="modules/bunk bed" />
</ItemWidget>

is the corrected one. assets/data/items/components/bunkbed.xml
darkevilme
---

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 pm

darkevilme wrote:
JustaLurkingPony wrote:I hope he continues this game until it's feature complete. I'm a bit sick of every vore game dev ditching their game halfway through to work on another one (Which suffers the same fate).

Nomad is actually not too far off having its initial list of features completed, though content being complete is an impossible goal that cannot be achieved. The big feature that's missing? a few bits of NPC ship support (npc ship sensors, npc ship spawning)

With that we'd have the features to support the original vision of the game. If not the content to back it up. Nomad will never not have new features that could be added and will never not have more space for content though. So if either of us are expecting to see nomad 100% complete then boy we bet on the wrong horse. I'll probably keep working on Nomad so long as there's community interest, patreon dollars and a dogged stubborn-ness in me though.

Ah, fair enough. Well, I hope you end up continuing it for a long time then.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby GrayLotus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:48 am

More bug reports:

Trying to interact with the talharan trader ship crashes the game for me. I've included the error.log below. The weird thing is, I was able to interact with them before, but it crashed after I defeated them in glorious combat and chose to politely decline their offer of surrender. I was unfortunately unable to save that error.log.

The run.bat screen just says:
"running entry script
script start 0
startconversation"

Code: Select all
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
Exception in thread "main" org.luaj.vm2.LuaError: main.lua:7 vm error: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.luaj.vm2.lib.jse.JavaMethod.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
   at org.luaj.vm2.lib.jse.JavaMethod.call(Unknown Source)
   at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.execute(Unknown Source)
   at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.call(Unknown Source)
   at spaceship.npcShips.NpcShipController.event(NpcShipController.java:196)
   at solarview.SolarActionHandler.doAction(SolarActionHandler.java:33)
   at spaceship.PlayerShipController.handleCollision(PlayerShipController.java:72)
   at spaceship.PlayerShipController.move(PlayerShipController.java:88)
   at spaceship.PlayerShipController.control(PlayerShipController.java:182)
   at solarview.SolarScene.Update(SolarScene.java:126)
   at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:342)
   at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:326)
   at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at dialogue.evaluation.OutEvaluator.setSpaceship(OutEvaluator.java:306)
   at dialogue.DialogueScreen.setSpaceship(DialogueScreen.java:143)
   at dialogue.DialogueScene.start(DialogueScene.java:95)
   at vmo.Game.SwapScene(Game.java:372)
   at spaceship.npcShips.NpcShipSpaceAI.startConversation(NpcShipSpaceAI.java:108)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   ... 13 more

Additionally, one of the fawn captive interaction chains has a broken link. "oralvoreEndo4A" is misspelled as "oralvoreEndo4a", which breaks the previous link in that interaction chain.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 am

status report. Cold had me out of a fit state to write for a few days, better now.

Also currently there's so many needed bug fixes and gameplay rebalances in it that I'll be expediting my work on my indev build to try and get it out sooner rather than later but as 25.2 not 26. I am still going to be working on meeting the requirements for more endo scenes and more player as pred analvore even past the release of 25.2, consider it more a preview of stuff in the future that more importantly fixes some parts of 25 than a full release.

Speaking of bug fixing though. There's a question I've not asked. 24 had a bad case of the utter bastarding with save corruption striking down players left and right like an un-discerning grim reaper. Is anyone still experiencing save corruption? with the exception of incompatibilities between versions of the game. I'd feel better if Nomad had killed this dragon dead.

and cause everyone loves polls, or at least I do, here's another one.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd33MiKThvfHpyQgvmsca54tT4HccXOMSpVTQBEtb9UJLBasg/viewform?usp=sf_link
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game