Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2D

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:you should have a different conversation option available to actually talk about paying

what version are you rolling with?

Ah Yeah no I was dumb. I kept expecting to see it in the dialogue tree for the origional conversation.

On the pluss side I have rediculous quantities of gold now.

Deku Nuts may respawn too fast, I can litterally run around picking nuts off bushes, in a big perpetual circle because the origional bushes I pick from will respawn by the time I come back to them after hitting up every other bush.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:11 pm

yeah, locking out the "i found a cool thing in the valley" conversation once getting help has been discussed might be a small tweak to see about doing. i'll do it, whenever i get to it, if dark doesn't first.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Do I need a particular science or tech ranking to get the "Thing" in Neri's basement to work, or is that not available at this stage?

Thats Kind of my constant worry. That I've run into something that doesn't work at this point and I am grinding level to aquire skills that won't avail me anything.

It would also be nice to get some hints on what needs to be improved with my character to achieve the results I'm looking for. IE "Nothing Happens, but I bet if I was a little more skilled I could jurry rig up a part to fix it."

Because I really don't understand the difference between science and tech. Science doesn't seem to do anything, and Tech mostly just opens up crafting recipies.

Also I totally Vote that the thing in the basement be
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:46 pm

you need to have three batteries in your inventory. did i accidentally delete that part of my walkthrough?

the two devices in there both have a purpose already

as far as the two skills go, tech used to be three skills: crafting, security (lockpicking and maybe hacking idk), and repair
i think science makes researching more likely to succeed
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:you need to have three batteries in your inventory. did i accidentally delete that part of my walkthrough?

the two devices in there both have a purpose already

as far as the two skills go, tech used to be three skills: crafting, security (lockpicking and maybe hacking idk), and repair
i think science makes researching more likely to succeed

I see. Thanks.

I didn't realise the lack of power was something I could fix. It needs some kind of point out.

"The machine while old looks to be in working order, but clearly has no power running through it"

Or

"You open the pannel and see empty slots./You open the pannel and see a compartment filled with corroded batteries."

EDIT :

Spoiler: show
Sorry about the constant questions, but is there a way to get Neri down into her basement to get her incharge of Zin, or is there no point in making her Zin's Master?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:47 am

i haven't seen anything in the files that would suggest being able to do anything with placing zin in neri's charge

i can link you to my guide if you want. i posted it over in the collaboration thread already
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:44 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
Slayerhero90 wrote:you should have a different conversation option available to actually talk about paying

what version are you rolling with?

Ah Yeah no I was dumb. I kept expecting to see it in the dialogue tree for the origional conversation.

On the pluss side I have rediculous quantities of gold now.

Deku Nuts may respawn too fast, I can litterally run around picking nuts off bushes, in a big perpetual circle because the origional bushes I pick from will respawn by the time I come back to them after hitting up every other bush.

holy crap. i forgot to change the deku nut respawn, they're respawning every 500 ticks which is..well...250 actions, which sounds like a lot but really isn't.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Possible bug:
- It doesn't appear one can properly insult Neri if one is already a cockslut for her. She gets indignant at the end of the conversation but talking to her again changes nothing. I think this is just because there is no start page that accounts for both Neri being insulted and you being her immortal sounding rod.

Another annoying suggestion:
- An elven hairdresser npc you can talk to to restyle your hair. I could maaaaaaybe do this if I knew how to implement an npc and add a suitable house to Minyos, but those are beyond my understanding right now.

Question:
- So, do the six types of damage have any variabilty individually as to whether they deal damage to health or resolve, or does thermal always damage health and tease always hit resolve? Like, say if "chemical" as a type of damage were introduced, could it jump between health or resolve depending on the NPC attacking in question or would it have to be split into, say, "chemical" for health damage and "aphrodisiac" for resolve?

Lastly, I wanted to clarify something about my "mutagenics from research" proposal. 'Cause it mostly stems from the way just knowing about fungal pheromones somehow unlocks the ability to develop your own pheromonal seductions. That didn't sound as sensible to me as the way landing in the solar system under the strange new sun altered your body to make learning vore possible or the way experiencing the horrorterror in Zorr provides the route towards unlocking your psychic potential. Both have a sorta, like, logical impetus. The natural qualities of Alpha Minoris's radiation tweak the Nomad into vore capability, while it'd be strange not to be psychologically changed in some way after besting an eldritch being.

So, if you're willing to hear a revision of the original proposal based on the above and your critiques of the previous proposal, I'll put it in this spoiler:
After researching the fun-gals successfully, the player unlocks the ability to craft a mutagen that, on use, would unlock the ability to take pheromonal perks, rather than directly unlocking any pheromones.
Depending on the ingredients required to produce this mutagen and where they're found, this could be achieved as early as, like, Omnicorp or perhaps as late as clearing the way to Dammath.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Question:
- So, do the six types of damage have any variabilty individually as to whether they deal damage to health or resolve, or does thermal always damage health and tease always hit resolve? Like, say if "chemical" as a type of damage were introduced, could it jump between health or resolve depending on the NPC attacking in question or would it have to be split into, say, "chemical" for health damage and "aphrodisiac" for resolve?

Lastly, I wanted to clarify something about my "mutagenics from research" proposal. 'Cause it mostly stems from the way just knowing about fungal pheromones somehow unlocks the ability to develop your own pheromonal seductions. That didn't sound as sensible to me as the way landing in the solar system under the strange new sun altered your body to make learning vore possible or the way experiencing the horrorterror in Zorr provides the route towards unlocking your psychic potential. Both have a sorta, like, logical impetus. The natural qualities of Alpha Minoris's radiation tweak the Nomad into vore capability, while it'd be strange not to be psychologically changed in some way after besting an eldritch being.

So, if you're willing to hear a revision of the original proposal based on the above and your critiques of the previous proposal, I'll put it in this spoiler:
After researching the fun-gals successfully, the player unlocks the ability to craft a mutagen that, on use, would unlock the ability to take pheromonal perks, rather than directly unlocking any pheromones.
Depending on the ingredients required to produce this mutagen and where they're found, this could be achieved as early as, like, Omnicorp or perhaps as late as clearing the way to Dammath.

1. there's no variability and...honestly? it'll be a right bitch to add new damage types due to the way the game works under the hood...as in I'd need to rework entirely the way damage resistances is handled and it'd break save compatability completely, no character imports possible from prior versions. So I'm going to need to be absolutely convinced we need more than six damage types before I rip the guts out of the system like this.

2. What did you think was happening when you learned CTF? the way I thought of it was that you were producing a cocktail of zetamorph mutagens and injecting yourself but it still costs a perk point. Though honestly CTF I could let the player have sans needing a level up as it has no gameplay impact..pheremone attacks though? well yeah they're sorta pants right now. But you're asking me to give the player something of gameplay impact directly as a reward for doing research and scrounging up mutagen...

That being said, we have Awari now. So maybe I'm having trepidation over nothing. We could move them all over, but I'm not gonna make mutagen anything particularly common to find. Though it should be more common than flux capacitors....

3. with regards to hair dresser, you could do it. but it might be better to handle a 'mutator store' as something with its own data type and interface. So I'll handle it myself when I find the time to do it properly.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Yeah, I was mostly just talking in theoreticals in terms of the damage types. The hypothetical 7th type i was talking about was mostly just what came to mind first. I'm pretty sure the wealth of effects covered by chemicals could be stretched under the umbrellas of existing damages anyway. Expelled acids into thermal, aphrodisiacs stretched into pheromone, and poison like the lixies got don't seem to do any type of damage, just straight-up health-dropping. It would be crude, but it would work.

But I'd like to clarify something I think you skimmed over, though: my new proposal was not to grant pheromone attacks to the player on using the mutagen, but to grant the ability to spend perks on pheromone attacks after using the mutagen. And I think we already talked about the CTF yesterday, when you said that it would be far more feasible under my suggested system than pheromonal attacks.

To put it simply, this is what I've been trying to say:
- Simply knowing the finds of your research wouldn't immediately mutate your body such that you could immediately expend perk points for its gains, because, with the system in place now, that's all the player sees: the player researches and can suddenly and inexplicably mutate. One would have to assemble the appropriate injectors instead. One may also choose not to inject, leaving unwanted perks not automatically learned.
- For things of greater use, like the ability to deal pheromone damage, the injection would prime the player with a perk that allows the spending of perk points on their further development. First the player would inject the pheromonal mutation injector, then spend a perk on learning how to use her new mutation, then on modifications to it. The perk point cost would be the same as it is now, but with a framework underneath that properly explains how it happens.
- For things of lesser relevance, the mutagen would unlock the relevant perk. The zetamorph mutagen would immediately unlock CTF, and maybe cootermerging if there's demand for that.

I suppose the system could also work for a differently-costly way to unlock different types of vore: spend the perk point, hunt down the interaction that teaches it to you, or spend a rare resource.

Now, as far as a mutation shop goes, if it were, say, a widget that one could find in a dungeon and choose to use there or yoink it for your ship, maybe the proposed mutagen system could also be meshed into that. So you could spend common materials or money on aesthetic changes and spend rare materials and mutagen on mutagenic injections.

I really hope I'm not being a pain in the ass with my wild ideas while you're sorting through your hefty workload. I'll get back to working on the shrooms.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:07 am

Slayerhero90 wrote: Like, say if "chemical" as a type of damage were introduced, could it jump between health or resolve?

To be fair throwing Acid on someone would probably really damage their resolve to keep on fighting as well as their health.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
Slayerhero90 wrote: Like, say if "chemical" as a type of damage were introduced, could it jump between health or resolve?

To be fair throwing Acid on someone would probably really damage their resolve to keep on fighting as well as their health.

idk if you've every been in a fight with a wimp being either your opponent or yourself, but literally any form of health damage can quickly diminish an unhardened combatant's resolve to fight. it's merely a concession to the simple gameplay structure that getting hit only damages health and getting seduced only damages resolve

possible bug: using the encounter suit blueprint doesn't appear to actually unlock the recipe
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:09 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:

idk if you've every been in a fight with a wimp being either your opponent or yourself, but literally any form of health damage can quickly diminish an unhardened combatant's resolve to fight. it's merely a concession to the simple gameplay structure that getting hit only damages health and getting seduced only damages resolve

possible bug: using the encounter suit blueprint doesn't appear to actually unlock the recipe

it's possible you lack anywhere near the level of tech required to make it so it doesn't show up on the list. You only get to peak tech+2 beyond what you can craft. if you have tech 6 though and a level in gadgeteer you can make it though and when powered up it currently has the highest defence scores of any item in the game. but it does that as a forcefield like how the repulser belt does.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 am

Sounds about right. I only have 1 tech. Something tells me that recipe might be moved to

Bug I just remembered:
- Suri immediately spoke to me again after I ended our first conversation.

Small suggestions:
- Ability to use captured researchable specimens like the fawn for research until research is completed, perhaps diminishing their affection for you every time.
- Make the potential shop that allows you to mutate also allow you to turn back human from being shifted into a saurian.
- If I figured out how to make spears and bows the elves could sell, and you deemed them balanced and not redundant, would they stand a chance of implementation?

I'm gonna elaborate on why I was curious about the draconian spawning now, because that's a bigger and loftier suggestion. I'm... a little interested in a satiation-fueled player firebreath attack (which under my proposed upgrade to research mutations would require a perk to use). As I understand it, there are or once were plans to introduce weaponry that does resolve damage, and I'm inclined to believe the parallel, player abilities that deal health damage, would also be worth looking into.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Severe Design Oversight!:
- Fast Youth: +1 Tech, +1 Navigation
- Techy Youth: +1 Tech

also found a weird structure in the snake jungle made of the same stones the elven landing pad is made of. no idea what it's for since it's just a flat, weirdly shaped surface

Bug:
- The shop interface doesn't allow scrolling down. I tried it with Aryssa, post-serpent, but I had to buy an arming sword to actually see what was out of sight
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:31 pm

Seen as folks are having trouble finding it. the last version of nomad was. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffvy8oho7l1pgss/Nomad%20alpha%20252E.zip?dl=0

a release candidate for 253 will be approaching (with more bug fixes, rebalancing, etc) as soon as I get a handful of scenes hooked in that'll make alpha minoris a coherent experience again with the addition of the new npc enemy.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 am

Welp... Got two Zins following me now.

Ran into a second one out in the wild. Got her to follow me.

You can also Cure Zin being dead by making them wait for you, then telling them to follow you. Though they will cease to exist after a perido of time. And only one can follow you out of area, but as long as you don't transition screens you can have 2.

Also I have an Idea

Why not have the Derilict not able to be seen or visited untill you find the logs from Emi on the planet below are found? It's a single ship in all of space and it's not like it's position is being advertised over the Radio like the Space Salesmen. So you'd have the player find the log on the planet wich contained the location for the Derilict within. Maybe have the player take the log to the Research computer in order to find the telemetry from where the log was made.

You might want to rethink your drop rates for Super Rare stuff. I've been everywhere available at this point this play through, looted EVERY SINGLE chest, and never found even one Bounce or what ever it's called. Found like a thousand Meeks, but no Bounce.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hentaimasterthe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:21 am

I can't figure out how to get up the mountain, I don't know what triggers it, anybody got any ideas?
hentaimasterthe
Somewhat familiar

Postby fichetto881 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 am

hentaimasterthe wrote:I can't figure out how to get up the mountain, I don't know what triggers it, anybody got any ideas?
Are you talking about the harpie's mountain?
If so you need to be friend with a Harpy and then be unbirth by her. she will fly up to the mountain and drop you there.
I seduced a harpy 2 times and given some "love" and then get in her and i was on top of the moutain.

Ps sorry for my bad english
if you didn't understand ask somebody else ^^;
fichetto881
Been posting for a bit

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.4

Postby MegaSpider » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Trying to interact with the navconsole crashes the game.

system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at spaceship.stats.SpaceshipStats.addResource(SpaceshipStats.java:129)
at spaceship.stats.SpaceshipAnalyzer.generateStats(SpaceshipAnalyzer.java:45)
at interactionscreens.NavScreen.<init>(NavScreen.java:45)
at shipsystem.WidgetNavConsole.Interact(WidgetNavConsole.java:54)
at widgets.WidgetSlot.Interact(WidgetSlot.java:152)
at view.ZoneInteractionHandler.Interact(ZoneInteractionHandler.java:165)
at view.ViewScene.Click(ViewScene.java:502)
at view.ViewScene.UpdateLogic(ViewScene.java:424)
at view.ViewScene.Update(ViewScene.java:476)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:328)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:312)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
MegaSpider
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game