Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.0C

Postby bloodle8 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:34 am

Well, you're gonna be even more upset, because I found another bug, heh. Karla's room is inaccessible. Part of the issue was that the portal in her room had two "facing" values. That didn't fix it, so not sure what the other issue is.

system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at worldgentools.ZoneBuildTools.PairedPortal(ZoneBuildTools.java:661)
at worldgentools.ZoneBuildTools.BuildZone(ZoneBuildTools.java:835)
at zone.Zone.LoadZone(Zone.java:323)
at zone.Zone.LoadZone(Zone.java:202)
at view.ViewScene.Transition(ViewScene.java:563)
at dialogue.effectProcessing.EffectProcessor.ProcessSpecial(EffectProcessor.java:161)
at dialogue.DialogueScreen.ProcessPage(DialogueScreen.java:234)
at dialogue.DialogueScreen.ProcessNode(DialogueScreen.java:178)
at dialogue.DialogueScreen.FindNode(DialogueScreen.java:167)
at dialogue.DialogueScreen.ButtonCallback(DialogueScreen.java:424)
at dialogue.DialogueScreen.Callback(DialogueScreen.java:485)
at dialogue.choiceHandler.ChoiceHandler.ClickEvent(ChoiceHandler.java:66)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:91)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:348)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:330)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
bloodle8
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.0C

Postby bloodle8 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:38 am

I've also just generally had a lot of issues not being able to load saves in Freehaven after I visit the 4th floor. I think it was mentioned earlier - something about the observer vore messing stuff up? I'm running version D, at the moment, so not sure if one of these recent patches has fixed that.
bloodle8
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.0G

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:23 pm

bloodle8 wrote:I've also just generally had a lot of issues not being able to load saves in Freehaven after I visit the 4th floor. I think it was mentioned earlier - something about the observer vore messing stuff up? I'm running version D, at the moment, so not sure if one of these recent patches has fixed that.

Fixed in version https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f1qn117jm60d4x/Nomad%20alpha%20340G.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Postby Cygni » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 pm

What happened to the perks that boosted your stats? Or the one that let you use seduction as a ranged move? Were they removed?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 am

Maenethal wrote:What happened to the perks that boosted your stats? Or the one that let you use seduction as a ranged move? Were they removed?

nomad revamped its character progression quite a few versions back. the perks that boosted skills were replaced with direct point buy, and the moves like flirt require minimum skill levels in the relevant skill to buy.
darkevilme
---

Postby Cygni » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 am

Is there a way to increase your core stats (strength, for example) or are you stuck with the stats you get at the beginning?

Also, how do you reforge the Brightsword?

EDIT: Does the autopistol not spawn in the derelict ship with the interplanetary reactor anymore? I didn't find it when I went there.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mmmooo55 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 am

so, uh, lazy boy here,

i download the new versions of the game occasionally, but i always seem to progress super slowly and grind too much, and lose intrest until the game updates again,

is there some kind of way to get into the game's files and edit my level/stats/etc to make the early game a breeze? to access the new "plot" of course,

if not, perhaps an optimal build would be helpful, hopefully without locking out seduction scenes. any help is appreciated, cheaty boy away!
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:59 am

Not that I know of, but you can see all the new content by going into Assets>Data>Conversations

All the XML files for all the scenes are there.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:14 pm

Maenethal wrote:Is there a way to increase your core stats (strength, for example) or are you stuck with the stats you get at the beginning?

Also, how do you reforge the Brightsword?

EDIT: Does the autopistol not spawn in the derelict ship with the interplanetary reactor anymore? I didn't find it when I went there.

There's a way to boost strength, but in general you're stuck with the stats you get at the beginning so in the words of the knight "choose wisely"

brightsword:
Spoiler: show
You need the blade piece from zorr and the other blade piece and the blueprint from the seraphic outpost in the west

the autopistol is one of the possible special items you can get there.

mmmooo55 wrote:so, uh, lazy boy here,

i download the new versions of the game occasionally, but i always seem to progress super slowly and grind too much, and lose intrest until the game updates again,

is there some kind of way to get into the game's files and edit my level/stats/etc to make the early game a breeze? to access the new "plot" of course,

if not, perhaps an optimal build would be helpful, hopefully without locking out seduction scenes. any help is appreciated, cheaty boy away!

I'm open to suggestions to make the game less grindy. As for the editing, yes there is. Well, not levels and stats directly but you can edit things to make levelling easier or just
uncomment the instructions to spawn the developer's swanky ride the avenger in alpha minoris and change the entity and zone parts of the start.xml to say you start on avenger1 which means you start a new game aboard my shiny spaceship.
darkevilme
---

Postby horseware » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm

darkevilme wrote:I'm open to suggestions to make the game less grindy.

combat goes like this for me:
Fight and kill something -> vore it- > run to a corner -> save -> rest to full health -> save -> repeat
Anything to improve this should reduce the grind feeling.
- maybe add some health immediately on vore?
- maybe a quick save bound to an F key?
- maybe damage interrupts a rest? (Sucks to die cause I didn’t let off the rest button fast enough.)

Or maybe change the xp required to level from 25*level^2 to something more like 10* level**2+15. Right now the third level is 15 harpies for one level
Or maybe add exploration xp for each new zone visited?
horseware
New to the forum

Postby mmmooo55 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:24 am

darkevilme wrote:I'm open to suggestions to make the game less grindy. As for the editing, yes there is. Well, not levels and stats directly but you can edit things to make levelling easier or just

well, thanks for the reply!

just for reference, ive never gotten the warp drive to explore later parts, and havent 100%ed the big planet in that area.
im running a shooting/seduction build right now, with points into gadgeteer and tech.
personally, i think the moon you land on has pretty good progression.
collecting the ingredients for a optimal playthrough, (at least for me, ive gone through here, like, five times) goes thusly,
-grabbing 20 scrap metal, and 10 computation valves, for ship parts,
-memeing through the entirety of the synth stronghold, and yoinking the reformation tube,
-pilfering some energy crystals.
-grabbing the oralvore and unbirth perks hidden on the moon,
-insult robots for not being smutty and not having gaping orifice's, and YOU CANT SEDUCE THEM! worst enemy >:( would riddle with bullets again.
-steal anything else remotely valuable, and store it in your ship
-profit.

the elven village, and surrouding area are a treasure trove for smut! i love it!
the difficulty in enemies also jumps up dramatically. lamnias restrict movement, are probably the most dangerous of the three basic overworld areas due to having ranged, and melee units, attacking in tandem, most likely while restricing you. possibly a bit overtuned, or perhaps give them a higher exp reward? raptorgirls, lamnia's and giant lizards all give the same exp reward of 25 (EDIT: nevermind green lamnias give 35, still tough though), from what i remember, although, lamnia power comes from swarms and restrictions, so finding a balance would be tough. its relatavely easy to pick off one at a time,(as with most enemies.)
the raptor huntresses are VERY beastly, although im not 100% sure what spawns them. oh, theres some pretty tough dungeons, too.

it seems leveling up is pretty neccecary, as theres A LOT of swarms of enemies here.
now, i havent collected the giant ship yet, but it seems there's two big goals for this planet, with MANY sidequests,
the main goals being grabbing the bigger ship, for obvious reasons, and also grabbing the warp drive,
(i have no idea how to get one besides buying it from the trader if anyone can help me with this it'd be appreciated)

there's also the other planets, although i dont know what valuable stuff is stored there.

in terms of quality of life requests:
having a hotkey or something to reload the shooting iron would be nice, its mildly annoying to have to click on three different things to reload.

i dont mind grinding too much, but its nice to have a place where you can always grind, the raptorgirl area was good for racking up EXP, but the raptor huntresses made that area a nightmare zone, so rip that strat. i guess they got upset that i hunted them to extinction, i didnt even eat them, i just shot them to get better at shooting things.

and... i dont really know if this was really helpful for balance issues, this post was kinda a mix between a walkthrough, and a starting balance overview.
HOWEVER! i had a lot of fun writing this, so i hope it at least was entertaining to read!
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:07 pm

mmmooo55 wrote:the elven village, and surrouding area are a treasure trove for smut! i love it!
the difficulty in enemies also jumps up dramatically. lamnias restrict movement, are probably the most dangerous of the three basic overworld areas due to having ranged, and melee units, attacking in tandem, most likely while restricing you. possibly a bit overtuned, or perhaps give them a higher exp reward? raptorgirls, lamnia's and giant lizards all give the same exp reward of 25 (EDIT: nevermind green lamnias give 35, still tough though), from what i remember, although, lamnia power comes from swarms and restrictions, so finding a balance would be tough. its relatavely easy to pick off one at a time,(as with most enemies.)
the raptor huntresses are VERY beastly, although im not 100% sure what spawns them. oh, theres some pretty tough dungeons, too.

Quite a few longtime players consider the hooded lamias to be basically the antichrist and they avoid the area they're in at all costs by cheesing using the zone transitions.
Also, there's more than just those overworld areas, just wait till you discover the south part of AMII.
The raptor huntresses show up based on how many raptors you've killed. This is the first I've heard them described as beastly though. I've given them some tweaks because the reaction of a lot of players to them vs the regular raptors was just an indifferent shrug. Though that could be cause they don't have their own smut scenes. So news to me they're suddenly beastly enough to change someones entire strategy.

in terms of quality of life requests:
having a hotkey or something to reload the shooting iron would be nice, its mildly annoying to have to click on three different things to reload.

i dont mind grinding too much, but its nice to have a place where you can always grind, the raptorgirl area was good for racking up EXP, but the raptor huntresses made that area a nightmare zone, so rip that strat. i guess they got upset that i hunted them to extinction, i didnt even eat them, i just shot them to get better at shooting things.

and... i dont really know if this was really helpful for balance issues, this post was kinda a mix between a walkthrough, and a starting balance overview.
HOWEVER! i had a lot of fun writing this, so i hope it at least was entertaining to read!

You can put bullets in the action bar( set the action bar with f2) and click on them to reload your guns.
The raptor huntresses showing up that way is to stop people outright cheesing the shit out of raptors for super easy exp by upping the difficulty, same as with the icetreader rumbler on AMIII.
It was indeed fun to read, but then I'm oddly i dunno..probably something uncharitable that I love seeing people talk and write about the things I've made. Hope you continue to have fun. This feedback from you and Horseware has given me some ideas I'll be putting in the next update.
darkevilme
---

Postby mmmooo55 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:32 pm

im glad you enjoyed my 2:am ramblings! i was very tired, so count your blessings that it wasnt completely incomprehensible!

more rambling below:
i was aware of the southern areas after breaking the boulder, as well as the satanfrogs, and the smut lizards, but didnt mention it (mostly because i forgot what explosive breaks the boulder :/ )

the raptor huntressess, uh, theyre intimidating, but if they are, in fact, built to discourage grinding the raptors, then i don't think they really needed tweaking. at the time, i thought they spawned because i got to a certain point in the nearby dungeon. however, their speed and the fact that they always seem to travel in a pack, makes them a definate threat. but in my (incompitent gamer) opinion, they could be as stong as normal raptors, the simple fact that they fight in a swarm is what makes them dangerous. i can deal, though.

thanks for the f2 hotkey, it didnt seem like non-weapons could be put in that hotbar, so i kinda gave up on them, although, im running low on bullets in my new playthrough, and i seem to have forgotten where i got my massive stashes in previous play ( you know what, it was probably from reusing save files from previous versions) so, im putting a raincheck on ranged strats for me for now.

also,is there a alternative way to get the warp drive, besides buying it/ the blueprint from the trader? im just wondering if i should dedicate a lot of time for getting credits.

sincerely, pro gamer mgoo

EDIT: also, has there been any changes in transitioning save files from previous versions? i remember previously, if you migrated a save file, your character would get 'ported to the starting pod, just wondering.
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby ticktickbooom » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:43 am

Game crashes everytime I try to dock with the space hulk. I'm on 340J, but checked it going back a few versions and got the same thing. Error log follows.

[Fatal Error] spacehulk.xml:58:54: Attribute "variable" was already specified for element "widget".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/Users/Eric/Downloads/WTMO/Games/Nomad%20alpha%20340J/Nomad%20alpha%20340J/Nomad/assets/data/stations/Space%20Hulk%200/spacehulk.xml; lineNumber: 58; columnNumber: 54; Attribute "variable" was already specified for element "widget".
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at shared.ParserHelper.LoadXML(ParserHelper.java:35)
at entities.stations.Station.LoadZone(Station.java:193)
at zone.Zone.LoadZone(Zone.java:201)
at entities.stations.Station.dock(Station.java:309)
at spaceship.SpaceshipActionHandler.dockStation(SpaceshipActionHandler.java:141)
at solarview.SolarActionHandler.doAction(SolarActionHandler.java:25)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.handleCollision(PlayerShipController.java:72)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.move(PlayerShipController.java:92)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.altControlFinal(PlayerShipController.java:145)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.altControl(PlayerShipController.java:125)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.control(PlayerShipController.java:206)
at solarview.SolarScene.Update(SolarScene.java:140)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:346)
at entities.stations.Station.LoadZone(Station.java:197)
at spaceship.SpaceshipActionHandler.dockStation(SpaceshipActionHandler.java:141)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.altControlFinal(PlayerShipController.java:145)
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
ticktickbooom
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:18 pm

ticktickbooom wrote:Game crashes everytime I try to dock with the space hulk. I'm on 340J, but checked it going back a few versions and got the same thing. Error log follows.

[Fatal Error] spacehulk.xml:58:54: Attribute "variable" was already specified for element "widget".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/Users/Eric/Downloads/WTMO/Games/Nomad%20alpha%20340J/Nomad%20alpha%20340J/Nomad/assets/data/stations/Space%20Hulk%200/spacehulk.xml; lineNumber: 58; columnNumber: 54; Attribute "variable" was already specified for element "widget".
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at shared.ParserHelper.LoadXML(ParserHelper.java:35)
at entities.stations.Station.LoadZone(Station.java:193)
at entities.stations.Station.LoadZone(Station.java:197)

welp, whoops. fix coming.
edit: should be okay in version K
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp0823x7sm3txm8/Nomad%20alpha%20340K.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Postby YukiArikaMuze » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:42 pm

nice yeah i was having same crash just checked to see if was fixed <3 thanks darkevilme <3 was about to report it but somone els beat me to it hehe
YukiArikaMuze
Somewhat familiar

Postby lilly119 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 pm

The bounty hunter ship fight is still not working for me. when the fight is over I cant click on the complete fight button. no error or anything im just stuck at the victory screen. this is made worse by the fact that the bounty hunter ships are now spawning in larger numbers so I often have 2 - 3 of them chasing me.
lilly119
New to the forum

Postby Circle0Trick » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:18 pm

I have a save that for some reason, began to crash the game everytime I attempt to load it.
The error file says:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at zone.TileDefLibrary.getDef(TileDefLibrary.java:58)
at zone.Tile.Load(Tile.java:133)
at zone.Zone.load(Zone.java:686)
at entities.World.load(World.java:466)
at entities.World.Generate(World.java:69)
at nomad.universe.UniverseStateChanger.loadGame(UniverseStateChanger.java:202)
at nomad.universe.Universe.Load(Universe.java:399)
at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:284)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:211)
at gui.Button.update(Button.java:82)
at gui.Window.update(Window.java:40)
at menu.SaveLoad.update(SaveLoad.java:139)
at menu.Menu.Update(Menu.java:113)

Should I attach any of the offending save files?

Also, is it intentional that I can't increase seduction as my first levelup?
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.0L

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:26 am

Circle0Trick wrote:I have a save that for some reason, began to crash the game everytime I attempt to load it.
The error file says:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at zone.TileDefLibrary.getDef(TileDefLibrary.java:58)
at zone.Tile.Load(Tile.java:133)
at zone.Zone.load(Zone.java:686)
at entities.World.load(World.java:466)
at entities.World.Generate(World.java:69)
at nomad.universe.UniverseStateChanger.loadGame(UniverseStateChanger.java:202)
at nomad.universe.Universe.Load(Universe.java:399)
at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:284)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:211)
at gui.Button.update(Button.java:82)
at gui.Window.update(Window.java:40)
at menu.SaveLoad.update(SaveLoad.java:139)
at menu.Menu.Update(Menu.java:113)

Should I attach any of the offending save files?

Also, is it intentional that I can't increase seduction as my first levelup?

1. just tell me whether the save dates back to a few versions ago and you'd recently discovered deck 4 of freehaven, there was a glitch with the new widget marker that is part of the starlight hotel which was causing save corruption. This was fixed but saves from before it will still be explosive.

2. no, but skills are capped based on levels, you should be able to level up seduction again at later levels.

3. I am currently hip deep in fixing the situation with the bounty hunter (she shows up when she shouldnt, battle doesnt go okay, and the combat doesnt resolve properly)

edit:
4. and..new version, sorry for the number of bugs players are currently seeing. this is a big stack of bugs.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhs1e6lv5goqk5u/Nomad%20alpha%20340L.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.0L

Postby luke1401 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Is there any way to transfer saves to a new version in this. I keep getting ported to the start location when I try. Dont mind much about the character but I had a nice ship I dont want to re grind out.
luke1401
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game