Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 21I

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:11 am

bonberjean wrote:found some bugs with the current version

when I returned to the moon to get more loot, I completed a few things that I was missing, then I returned to the planet again but the potion maker got glitched (when you go under the table, only the option 'it's a tongue' appear and even so, I can't select it making the game stuck forcing me to restart)

also after that, when I tried a few snake-snacks the unbirth option vanished from the menu and only cock-voring remained

the glitch is that you've used phalifungi, you lack a vagina, i never wrote a shemale only approach to the under the table thing. And it's hard to unbirth without a vagina for somewhat obvious reasons.

not a bug in other words, just a result of your character becoming shemale.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 22 CO

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:22 am

So. in RL news, unemployed again. Which means i'm reconsidering starting a patreon for nomad. Though I'd need to work out my patreon rewards and all that jazz.

in nomad news. I've decided the combat overhaul is such an important thing to get right I'm releasing a version of it early.

Please note going in:
This is if anything going to be buggier than normal releases.
This contains no new smut content.
The new gameplay experience has not gotten much playtesting hence the release.
This and any following releases tagged CO for combat overhaul are just to try and balance and improve the new combat system.
So if you're willing to help track down bugs and provide the feedback needed to balance this have at it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eu2fu06e5v6o2l8/Nomad_alpha_22_CO_v0.zip
darkevilme
---

Postby Firon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:06 pm

darkevilme wrote:So. in RL news, unemployed again. Which means i'm reconsidering starting a patreon for nomad. Though I'd need to work out my patreon rewards and all that jazz.

in nomad news. I've decided the combat overhaul is such an important thing to get right I'm releasing a version of it early.

Please note going in:
This and any following releases tagged CO for combat overhaul are just to try and balance and improve the new combat system.
So if you're willing to help track down bugs and provide the feedback needed to balance this have at it.

again....not everyone can use mediafire...I'm ISP blocked from it

we are going to need other links to keep people able to download the game
Firon
---

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Firon wrote:
darkevilme wrote:So. in RL news, unemployed again. Which means i'm reconsidering starting a patreon for nomad. Though I'd need to work out my patreon rewards and all that jazz.

Please note going in:

again....not everyone can use mediafire...I'm ISP blocked from it

we are going to need other links to keep people able to download the game

fair enough. I'll try to put it on dropbox consistently from now on, though if people are blocked on mediafire and drop box...i dunno. only so much i can do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9hj2ds0z84sr5m/Nomad%20alpha%2022%20CO%20v0.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Quick question: are the maps randomized or fixed? Just downloaded the combat version and the cave's right next to my shuttle instead of sitting at the bottom right of the starter quadrant

That said, biggest changes I'm noticing:
- Loading times are hells of longer.
- The space soda doesn't seem to actually resotre AP, if that's what it's supposed to do. Maybe it's a gradual reaction?
- Appreciate the fabric able to be found in the ruins now as well as the hermilixir I snagged.
- Unless I just didn't look hard enough last time, there's a new cabin with a bed in the bottom right quadrant.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Quick question: are the maps randomized or fixed? Just downloaded the combat version and the cave's right next to my shuttle instead of sitting at the bottom right of the starter quadrant

That said, biggest changes I'm noticing:
- Loading times are hells of longer.
- The space soda doesn't seem to actually resotre AP, if that's what it's supposed to do. Maybe it's a gradual reaction?
- Appreciate the fabric able to be found in the ruins now as well as the hermilixir I snagged.
- Unless I just didn't look hard enough last time, there's a new cabin with a bed in the bottom right quadrant.

1. maps are semi procedural. so yes, the cave moves around.
2. when you first press new game or load a save it has to first load all the perks and items into libraries, as I've added a few more perks..quite a few, and a few more weapons the loading time is longer for that. I can't actually make it shorter though(parsing xml always takes time) I might be able to thread it to improve it slightly and make it run in the background. This wasn't a problem until the amount of data got notably large.
3. DAMNIT. i will make sure it does. I didn't check the soda worked.
4. these items were always able to be found there, it's just now a small issue that was dramatically reducing the total amount of loot has been corrected.
5. yep, i threw it in on a whim.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Cool.
The loading times are def gonna be a nasty problem as the game gets bigger.
I also see that seduction's buried under another menu and even harder to switch back to once done interacting. Honestly I think seduction should be moved to the same selection menu as attack, interact, and look and given its own hotkey.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Cool.
The loading times are def gonna be a nasty problem as the game gets bigger.
I also see that seduction's buried under another menu and even harder to switch back to once done interacting. Honestly I think seduction should be moved to the same selection menu as attack, interact, and look and given its own hotkey.

1. and a multithreaded preload process just ended up on my todolist.
2. Yeah, it doesn't seem like subdividing the menu was necessary at the moment, but it will be as i add more moves. funnily seduction used to be on the same selection menu, before more special moves were in the game. Thing is, if I do it for seduction someone else will probably want to do it for something else. I think I might need to setup an ability quickslot, or heck, a proper 1-0 hotkey selection.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Well, seduction has more justification than, say, disengage. The game effectively has two systems of combat (traditional and seduction). Whereas disengage has a very specific use depending on the circumstances of the engagement, seduction is a feasible weapon against almost every target. Thus, I feel it should be given the same selection accessibility as its equal counterpart.

Also, I don't think decreasing mushroom exp given to the new equivalent of deer while also decreasing the rate of resolve restoration and putting the burden of action points on encounters with shrooms all needed to happen. Maybe just the latter two? I think they're still worth ten or so exp.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Well, seduction has more justification than, say, disengage. The game effectively has two systems of combat (traditional and seduction). Whereas disengage has a very specific use depending on the circumstances of the engagement, seduction is a feasible weapon against almost every target. Thus, I feel it should be given the same selection accessibility as its equal counterpart.

Also, I don't think decreasing mushroom exp given to the new equivalent of deer while also decreasing the rate of resolve restoration and putting the burden of action points on encounters with shrooms all needed to happen. Maybe just the latter two? I think they're still worth ten or so exp.

1. And if a player wants to use psychic powers for seduction? or pheremones? or grenades of hornyness inducing powder? or a mind control ray? who knows what the future may bring. Besides, the seduction skill starts off weak(mostly cause its melee range), not everyone is going to turn themselves into a sexy juggernaut of allure. It's for that reason I need a solution that's somewhat flexible and not just tacking a fifth hard coded slot onto the actions list that links only to seduction. Now I just need to decide how one SELECTS the action that ends up quickslott'd from inside the game UI and i'll be laughing.

2. I don't think I reduced the rate of resolve restoration, I'm fairly sure it was always the same as the rate as basic health restoration except it happens even when you're low on satiation. 0.05 per tick, 0.1 per action or thereabouts.

3. noted on the change in exp, i'll reverse it for the next release.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Nope, resolve restored real fast before this version. Part of the benefit of fighting enemies that damage resolve was because basically every other round you got a bit of resolve back. Duck behind a rock for a quick [r]est and you'd have only one my health but your resolve would be mostly filled back up.

Question on the elf villagers: was the intent in the incomplete hungry genitals option to introduce them to your junk or you to their junk? Currently looking at them for my first writing project.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Nope, resolve restored real fast before this version. Part of the benefit of fighting enemies that damage resolve was because basically every other round you got a bit of resolve back. Duck behind a rock for a quick [r]est and you'd have only one my health but your resolve would be mostly filled back up.

Question on the elf villagers: was the intent in the incomplete hungry genitals option to introduce them to your junk or you to their junk? Currently looking at them for my first writing project.

1. i dont see how. I'm not kidding, I've checked the older code and resolve regeneration has not changed since 21 in the code.

2. it was intended to lead into ub or cockvore. and why i put a perk check for oralvore on it is a mystery. but yeah, its you introducing them to the player parts rather than the other way around.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Cool, I'll get on that after I've had some sleep.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:22 am

I have to admit this game has piqued my interest. It's tricky to avoid the prey side of the game, but I DO like the amount of Pred content.

But there could be more. I'd like more.

To that end, would there be any objection to me perhaps writing some? I won't touch prey-stuff, not my thing, but pred content is fun to write. If there are any particular areas no-one is working on I'd be happy to take a bash.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:21 am

I'm planning on unbirth (let go or melt), cock vore (let go or melt), and cockmerge with the elf villagers. Unless the person who wrote up the mushroom mother's defeated-by and appearance wants to write the victory scenes, I don't think anyone's on that.

Questions for dark:
- Is tasty spelled with an e over in England or something? Keep seeing that one pop up everywhere and I'm pretty sure it's a misspelling but I don't know.

- Any plans for seduction of elf villagers to be mechanical instead of through chat? It'd be a little imbalanced and maybe a mite unrealistic to be able to just walk up to a complete stranger of a Minyos villager, ask her to enter your junk, and turn her into goop. Having to manually seduce the villager first to access seduction options would remedy that.
- Though I do see here that there's a hidden seduction check for that option. I don't know how that would factor in at the moment.

- I suppose I should ask if the seduction skill actually affects the seduce attack or if it's only for the purpose of conversation checks. Before noticing the check above I'd though it served to bias the player's resolve damage towards higher numbers the more points you'd put into it.

- Low priority suggestion: multiple snatches/dicks. Seeing as being in possession of a vore perk appears to prevent the loss its associated body part from potions, like a way of saying "yes I want this part for the rest of the game no matter what", I'm thinking those potions can retain some use to players besides as selling-fodder if they either were guaranteed to or had a chance to tack on another part with every one of them used.

- I didn't respond to the response to giving default seduction its own hotkey since it's the counterpart to attack because I was really fuckin' tired, so here I go:
- Perhaps assign seduction and traditional attacks to the same [k] hotkey (or whichever hotbar slot a player elects to put attacks in once you get that all worked out), just making it an option in the special menu to toggle between whether you want [k] (or that chosen hotbar attack key) to be an attack or seduction.
- This would allow items that damage resolve instead of health (such as aphrodisiac powder grenades and mind-control rays) to be equippable in the weapon slot without making things confusing when someone forgets they have one such item equipped and their traditional attack does resolve damage instead.
- I haven't quite played with mushroom pheromones yet so I don't for sure know how to work them in, but it's to my understanding they're a toggle that makes seduction work better at the cost of increased hunger? I believe psychic seduction would work on similar principles and one would just toggle them from the special menu after selecting seduction as their [k] (or chosen hotbar attack function)

Also: Best way to send completed xml docs your way? XML looks easy enough to wrap my head around. I would like to know how to access the "talked with priestess" variable and change dialogue with villagers depending on whether or not the player has talked with the priestess and therefore knows they're called Quendi, though.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 am

@sideromelane: in what world am i going to object. have at it. though the list of 'things with insufficient or incomplete player victory content' is so damned long it's hard to say where to start.

Slayerhero90 wrote:Questions for dark:
- Is tasty spelled with an e over in England or something? Keep seeing that one pop up everywhere and I'm pretty sure it's a misspelling but I don't know.

- Any plans for seduction of elf villagers to be mechanical instead of through chat? It'd be a little imbalanced and maybe a mite unrealistic to be able to just walk up to a complete stranger of a Minyos villager, ask her to enter your junk, and turn her into goop. Having to manually seduce the villager first to access seduction options would remedy that.
- Though I do see here that there's a hidden seduction check for that option. I don't know how that would factor in at the moment.

- I suppose I should ask if the seduction skill actually affects the seduce attack or if it's only for the purpose of conversation checks. Before noticing the check above I'd though it served to bias the player's resolve damage towards higher numbers the more points you'd put into it.

- Low priority suggestion: multiple snatches/dicks. Seeing as being in possession of a vore perk appears to prevent the loss its associated body part from potions, like a way of saying "yes I want this part for the rest of the game no matter what", I'm thinking those potions can retain some use to players besides as selling-fodder if they either were guaranteed to or had a chance to tack on another part with every one of them used.

- I didn't respond to the response to giving default seduction its own hotkey since it's the counterpart to attack because I was really fuckin' tired, so here I go:
- Perhaps assign seduction and traditional attacks to the same [k] hotkey (or whichever hotbar slot a player elects to put attacks in once you get that all worked out), just making it an option in the special menu to toggle between whether you want [k] (or that chosen hotbar attack key) to be an attack or seduction.
- This would allow items that damage resolve instead of health (such as aphrodisiac powder grenades and mind-control rays) to be equippable in the weapon slot without making things confusing when someone forgets they have one such item equipped and their traditional attack does resolve damage instead.
- I haven't quite played with mushroom pheromones yet so I don't for sure know how to work them in, but it's to my understanding they're a toggle that makes seduction work better at the cost of increased hunger? I believe psychic seduction would work on similar principles and one would just toggle them from the special menu after selecting seduction as their [k] (or chosen hotbar attack function)

Also: Best way to send completed xml docs your way? XML looks easy enough to wrap my head around. I would like to know how to access the "talked with priestess" variable and change dialogue with villagers depending on whether or not the player has talked with the priestess and therefore knows they're called Quendi, though.

1. it might be a common misspelling i picked up.
2. seducing them in the village isn't a risk though, it's just tedious. you're not at risk, you can keep spamming them with boobies until they succumb. So making it from the seduction mechanic doesn't seem like much of an idea, it's better to keep it as a dice roll so there's a risk of them pushing you away.
3. seduction skill increases the to hit roll of the seduction move making it succeed in arousing people more often.
4. it's problematic to have the game support multischlongs TITS style but not impossible. I just haven't added it as three dick'd things arent my thing personally. The parts SHOULD disappear though. If you take cockvore, then dose up on tadge oil the organ should disappear and cockvore should be unavailable for use when that happens.
5. I have a plan for adding seduction and more to the dropdown menu, the good news is it will be flexible. the bad news is it will break save compatability.
6. hmm, pastebin? it's what i've used before.
7. ...you can't the variable is local to the priestess. But we can make it global and if so help might be found in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrK7F0cjoCH9DIHQTXAcP_4Lan2-J7kYV-dHUdqe88g/edit?usp=sharing
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:16 am

- I'll bring up my multi-junk theories when it comes time to look at it and try to do as much of the work for that myself as I can.
- Gotcha on the in-town seduction. I'll make sure to account for it in my additions.
- As an alternative to making the variable global, perhaps depending on the friendship level variable for whether Quendi is used or not would be a better solution. If one is their friend, after all, surely oned've picked that up by now. I just know that the name of the village and the name of the people should probably be more accessable. But I'll look into that on my second pass.

Currently working on:
- Fixing Minyos villager typos and making the text less stilted. Player dialogue in <choice> sections has -- around it like -Dialogue- whereas actions and unvoiced observations do not.
- Allowing hermaphroditic players to choose either of their parts for oral sex instead of being forced into only getting eaten out. I've noticed a similar issue with harpies and unbirth versus cock vore and I seek to rectify that.
- Cock vore and unbirth scenes as pred, wherein the player can either choose to let the villager out or pass another seduction check to see if the villager's into getting churned. If not, she force her way out of you by means of pleasure.
- Anal sex scene for the bend over option which can lead to cock transformation. A vaginal sex scene has been placed in the greyed-out inaccessable potion.
- Ability to escape from a villager you needled too much if you please her just right.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:- I'll bring up my multi-junk theories when it comes time to look at it and try to do as much of the work for that myself as I can.
- Gotcha on the in-town seduction. I'll make sure to account for it in my additions.
- As an alternative to making the variable global, perhaps depending on the friendship level variable for whether Quendi is used or not would be a better solution. If one is their friend, after all, surely oned've picked that up by now. I just know that the name of the village and the name of the people should probably be more accessable. But I'll look into that on my second pass.

Currently working on:
- Fixing Minyos villager typos and making the text less stilted. Player dialogue in <choice> sections has -- around it like -Dialogue- whereas actions and unvoiced observations do not.
- Allowing hermaphroditic players to choose either of their parts for oral sex instead of being forced into only getting eaten out. I've noticed a similar issue with harpies and unbirth versus cock vore and I seek to rectify that.
- Cock vore and unbirth scenes as pred, wherein the player can either choose to let the villager out or pass another seduction check to see if the villager's into getting churned. If not, she force her way out of you by means of pleasure.
- Anal sex scene for the bend over option which can lead to cock transformation. A vaginal sex scene has been placed in the greyed-out inaccessable potion.
- Ability to escape from a villager you needled too much if you please her just right.

come to think of it. regarding the whole eating of villagers thing we're now implementing. we should probably address the question of whether its a crime to them and thus whether you need to get them in private out of view of the rest in order to avoid a full force encounter with the minyos criminal justass system. I never did decide on this, so yeah. raising it as something to be aware of maybe, and if you make a decision on it i'm willing to accept it as gospel and thus end the procastination.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Currently I have it set up so either the villager consents to melting (and, given their proclivity for ending you against your will for dubious reasons, I'm inclinded to believe they don't really care about the ending of sapient life so much) or the villager escapes. Perhaps in the future I'll put in a struggle check (I think if you know how to get out of someone, you should know how to prevent someone else from getting out, but maybe another skill's more useful for that), but for now we can postpone that ethical dilemma.

Personally, I think cutting down on loading times is the best thing for you to focus on at the moment.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Currently I have it set up so either the villager consents to melting (and, given their proclivity for ending you against your will for dubious reasons, I'm inclinded to believe they don't really care about the ending of sapient life so much) or the villager escapes. Perhaps in the future I'll put in a struggle check (I think if you know how to get out of someone, you should know how to prevent someone else from getting out, but maybe another skill's more useful for that), but for now we can postpone that ethical dilemma.

Personally, I think cutting down on loading times is the best thing for you to focus on at the moment.

I can't help feeling this conversation should at some point transition to this thread https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=47654

that being said. I've already done the change of adding background thread preloading which should help matters. I just haven't put it out as another version yet. I want to tackle the quick action issue first as it's gonna break save compatability and so is best done early on.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game