Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0F

Postby warbrand4 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:04 pm

strange the game seems to freeze for me after events happen like starting to get eaten. I think there is a dialog option or something but can't click anything.

EDIT:

ok yeah for some reason I can't see health and top of the actions menu. running on windows 10. other then that nothing different from image shown.

EDIT 2:

found the problem... not compatible with the screen resolution my computer uses, set computer out of wide screen and worked fine, thing is only one setting is out of wide screen and it looks like crap for everything and the text is unreadible (my computers problem not game).
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0G

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:59 am

1) x and y are coordinates. and it will always attempt to use the selected attack. if you select an attack that isnt ranged and the target is more than a tile away it simply wont work.

2) the AI gets called once per action. though I suppose I didn't actually stop the AI chaining actions together. But now you got me curious

Warbrand. I'm planning to make the size of the screen configurable at some point. But it's startling how many people have really small resolution screens.

edit:
version 0G up.
added conditional block to detect player wearing pants
added config file. Screen resolution and text size now alterable from a simple text file!
added preference checking to screen out unwanted fetishes with a forbidden list and tagging.
added
Code: Select all
public boolean AttackPlayer(int attackindex);

to the interface controllable. It's essentially a bundle of sense getplayerposition, set attack, and attack. as an easy short hand.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:01 am

Didn't see the update to this at all >.<

Centauress is about 50% done, been slow-going with school work and the like, couple of questions before i go back and finish the conversations, what's the block for wearing pants? assuming it's just something like the others, <condition evaluate="pants" /> or something similar?

and how does the preference file work, does anything i put in there get flagged as "banned", and conversations will scan the file for these flagged words? Is there a limit to what I can put in there, or is it just based on keywords. (E.G. if I put something completely random like "Bubblegum" in the pref. file, and tag a conversation as "Bubblegum", will that conversation not play? or is it limited to a "list" of fetishes?)
and finally, what's the notation for flagging a conversation?

Sorry for always bombarding you with questions, but I love fooling around with the monster editing! XD
komaru
???

Postby shepard1707 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Tried this out.

The interface is too big for the window. I can't see my healthbar and some interactions, I think.
shepard1707
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Komaru:

<conditional><assertion evaluate="slothasitem" slot="2"/>lowering your pants and underwear,</conditional>
This means check slot 2, the body. slot 0 is hands. slot 1 is accessory, slot 3 is head. Also a conditional inside a text screen evaluates any condition or assertion elements within to see if it shouldn't appear.

There's no check pants as there's no pants slot in the inventory. Just hands, head, accessory, weapon. Which is twice as many slots as my last vore game.

<preference fetish="unbirth"/>
means if the word unbirth appears on the preference file (write them one a line) then it not enter that dialogue page.
You can literally use any string for the pref blocking, including bubblegum.
so
unbirth, cockvore, bagels
is bad and
unbirth
cockvore
bagels
is good
and finally, what's the notation for flagging a conversation?

I'm sorry what?
edit:
oh wait, you mean for fetish tagging. See above. just put preference element inside the page with the necessary fetish info. including <preference fetish="bagels"/> or whatever
Shepard:
Are you sure it's not simply that the window is too large for your monitor resolution? I don't believe the graphical shrinking and expanding has messed up for you alone.

regarding the future:
Currently still plugging away at getting towards saving being possible. Though might get side tracked into other things along the way and might have some experimentation with LUA. If anyone has suggestions i'm as ever open to taking them on board, provided they're not like 'add bagel wizards'.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:38 pm

provided they're not like 'add bagel wizards'.

My dreams, they've been shattered. XD

Thanks for all the info, hopefully if things lighten up a bit this week, I should be able to get another enemy or two knocked off!
komaru
???

Postby player1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:25 am

Welp, can't seem to shrink the window size for that game. Aside from that, either my version is bugging or the game's health bar is broken. I can see the damage caused by the harpies on the blurred out part of the gamebut it doesn't show on the UI, that or i was way too tired when i tested the game.

As for the game itself, looks promising enough to follow it, even though my mapping autism is triggered everytime i see randoom mapping, but meh.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:58 am

player1 I have the same problem, it is a resolution problem from what I can tell the game does not like wide screen at all and runs better at low res.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Well I mapped it onto a mostly square window. It's a little late to change at this point. And did those who still wanted to play it despite their screen proportions change the config text file values to change screen size or what?

as for the mapping. Game has support for prefabs as well as random mapping. But I for one will only use them when they're needed, nothing wrong with procedural generation.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:29 pm

As much as i hate to say it, I have another question (hopefully the last for the Centauress, who should be finished on the weekend or early next week, have 2 more conversation files to write, and a lua to try and debug, although, I will likely just release a version with no AI first, since i don't know how long, or if i will be able to do the AI I want for her.)

I was just wondering if there was an inverse version of the slothasitem assertion. for example, i have

"...You feel the heavy horse-girl begin to buck her rump up and down, a warm, damp spot appearing on your <conditional><assertion evaluate="slothasitem" slot="2"/>shirt.</conditional><conditional><assertion evaluate="slotisempty" slot="2"/>chest.</conditional>..."

as part of one of my conversations (I also tried "slothasnoitem"), so ideally, if the player is naked (or at least, has no body armor on), it should say chest. (and does right now.) but if they're wearing armor, it should say shirt. (Right now, it says "shirt. chest.")
komaru
???

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:38 pm

komaru wrote:As much as i hate to say it, I have another question (hopefully the last for the Centauress, who should be finished on the weekend or early next week, have 2 more conversation files to write, and a lua to try and debug, although, I will likely just release a version with no AI first, since i don't know how long, or if i will be able to do the AI I want for her.)

I was just wondering if there was an inverse version of the slothasitem assertion. for example, i have

"...You feel the heavy horse-girl begin to buck her rump up and down, a warm, damp spot appearing on your <conditional><assertion evaluate="slothasitem" slot="2"/>shirt.</conditional><conditional><assertion evaluate="slotisempty" slot="2"/>chest.</conditional>..."

as part of one of my conversations (I also tried "slothasnoitem"), so ideally, if the player is naked (or at least, has no body armor on), it should say chest. (and does right now.) but if they're wearing armor, it should say shirt. (Right now, it says "shirt. chest.")

There is no inverse version. But assertnot just became a thing on my todolist. For if you're asserting X isn't true.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Good to know, thanks! If I do end up finishing her in the near future (work keeps putting it off, sadly >.<), I'll just temporarily change the text.
komaru
???

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Know the feeling. I'll try to get version H out this weekend but no promises. First week at new job, energy and time are in shorter supply than prior. I might tackle adding cave support and a cave zone to the game. But I'll definitely put assertnot in.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Don't worry about it, at the rate I'm going, it'll probably be at least next weekend by the time i have anything ready XD (Doesn't help that i keep adding things...her "Seduced" conversation is up to 164 lines, and I still have all the AV stuff to add to it. Compared to the Hapy's at 71 lines >.>)
komaru
???

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0H

Postby darkevilme » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:13 pm

new version.

updates:
Cave zone
portal links between zones inside a world
procedural portal placement
procedural cave generation
LUA harpy scripts
LUA troubleshooting
assertnot (identical syntax to assertion, inverse results)
darkevilme
---

Postby Salanth » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:29 pm

I went into the inventory and equipped equipment. Couldn't get out again. Am I just retarded and forgot/missed the fact there is a key to return back to the previous menu?
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm guessing your display resolution in the y axis is less than 800 or so pixels and you didnt see the exit button at the bottom of the screen. I think I might add some hotkey support to things to ease this sorta issue. But you CAN shrink the window from the config file by just going assets/config and finding this
screenscale

and changing that number
darkevilme
---

Postby Salanth » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks, that was exactly what the issue was! First time I tried the game on my laptop (which has a lower res screen than usual) and WIndows 7 absolutely refused to make the top of the application go over the screen, meaning that the exit button was covered by (an admittedly transparent) task bar. Changing the screen res to 0.7 fixed it.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Played it a bit and it looks very promising already, if a bit intimidating. The game feels like OVRL, but more complex and moddable, and i really liked that one.

A couple of questions, though:
-is there a way to increase the tile size? I understand that it's better to worry about graphics during later stages of development, but ability to customize the look and size of tiles would be cool. (maybe layering effects for armor/belly size?)
-I didn't find it anywhere, but is there a way to permanently remove a monster (either by finishing them off, or by eating them)?
-Will we be able to choose our character's gender in the future?
GreenSlime
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0I

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:35 pm

GreenSlime wrote:A couple of questions, though:
-is there a way to increase the tile size? I understand that it's better to worry about graphics during later stages of development, but ability to customize the look and size of tiles would be cool. (maybe layering effects for armor/belly size?)

I dont think I'm going to be doing graphics. I'm planning to go more text heavy than graphics heavy. The original inspiration was actually trials in tainted space. so no layering effects. no sprites more than roguelike ish, and no increased tile size cause that reduces player view distance.
-I didn't find it anywhere, but is there a way to permanently remove a monster (either by finishing them off, or by eating them)?

They disappear if given enough time. later you'll be vore capable.
-Will we be able to choose our character's gender in the future?

Maybe. At the moment I'm planning to limit things to females and herms cause s'my prefs. though hermification will be possible.

edit:
I live. New update includes a handy feature where it'll detect screen resolution and override config file screenscale values to shrink the window to more likely fit on your screen.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game